• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,327 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,327

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 83 – A Crusaders Sunday Part Two

Author's Note:

Well they say sometimes you don't need a super long chapter to make it fun to read, I went over it a few times and found this one to work, and it to fit with the theme with Sunflower and the CMC.

Also here is how Blue the Dream Guardian look like.

Enjoy and always love to read your comments.

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 83 – A Crusaders Sunday Part Two

“UNO!” Scootaloo slammed her last card down, winning the game.

Rainbow Dash groans and so does the fillies, Sunflower just laughed putting her cards down on the pile. “Whelp! We lost to the Orange Torando once again, that six out of nine games she won, dude.”

Applebloom put her cards down. “Ah can't believe it.”

“Ah can.” Applejack said watching from the walk way with Big Mac. “Been watchin' and seein' how she doin' it, got quick reactions.”

“Eeyup”

“Most likely from her riding the scooter all the time and doing those tricks.” Sweetie Belle said looking over to the orange filly proud to win again.

Sunflower shuffled the cards back together in a neat deck, she put them back into the box. “Well I for one done with losing to the little one, and for her award.” Sunflower put the deck box down in front of Scootaloo.

Scootaloo took it with her hooves. “Your giving me this!?”

“Yep, I got a few spare sets back at home, you be surprised how easily my paw claws sliced those cards clean in half.” Sunflower said, she picked up a stick, one claw come out and push down to cut it down the middle.

They watch the two halves land. “Whoa, that sharp.” Rainbow Dash said picking the pieces up with her wing taking a good look at the clean cut.

Sunflower flex her forepaw a few times. “That happened cause Nanner Maple made me jump while playing with her friend, I was so focused on beating him she decided to get her own back and-” She slam the paw down letting the weight through her internal magic, the thud cause them all to bounce, birds flying away from the tree tops, the ponies screamed in fright. “-wham! My claws come out and bye bye cards.”

Sunflower lift her paw up leaving a big paw print in the ground. “Did you HAVE to scare us like that!?” Rainbow Dash growled.

Scootaloo was also scared by what Sunflower did, but was surprised Rainbow Dash was. “Y-you were!?”

“Ah think we all were.” Applejack said taking a few deep breaths.

Applebloom yelled at Sunflower. “Yer did that on purpose!”

Sunflower grinned looking down at her paw print. “Oh I did, aren't I evil? Muhahahahaaha.” She wiggling both forepaw fingers and thumbs at them all doing a fake evil laugh.

“Yeah... No.” Rainbow Dash wasn't convinced. “You lost the fear factor after that Sunflower.” She said with a deadpan look.

Big Mac thought about it. “That was kinda lame.” Scootaloo muttered.

“Ah believe she did it to lighten the mood from the fear factor she created as ya called it Rainbow Dash.”

Sunflower did a snap with the forepaw. “Big Red is right on the mark, you sure say what needed to be said when it has to be, don't ya?”

“Eeyup.”

Sunflower look down at the paw print. “I can get this filled in.”

“NO!” The crusaders shouted together.

Sunflower frowned. “No?”

“Yeah! We want to keep it!” Sweetie Belle said.

Applebloom nodded. “It a keep sake! Look at the size of ya paw to mah brother's hoof, that is huge!”

Big Mac look to his hoof than at the paw print. “Hmm... Yup.”

“We can put some fencing around it!” Scootaloo added.

Sunflower still kept her frown, the beak scrunched up a little trying to even understand. “A keep sake? Put fencing around it? Why in name of all magic you want to preserve my paw print?” Sunflower raised her paw up. “You know what, do whatever you like with it, I don't get it or even understand you ponies over it, so I am just going to go with it and leave it at that.” Sunflower decided to drop it and move on.

“Weird is normal in Ponyville.” Rainbow Dash chuckled. “Well, I would like to stick around a bit more, but I got my duties to do for this evening's weather, see ya!” Rainbow Dash took off into the sky.

“Bye Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo waved.

Rainbow waved again. “See ya around squat!” Rainbow Dash zoom off into the distance.

Sunflower went to her bag, opening it to take out her tablet, she looked at the time displayed on it. “That time already? Guess we were stuck playing UNO longer than I thought we here” She put it away. “Well as the saying goes, time flies when your having fun.”

“Wish she could of stayed longer.” Scootaloo muttered.

“We adults do not have the same freedoms you have cub.” Sunflower said, getting Scootaloo to surprisingly look up at her, she point to the large ears. “I am nine hooves tall, these ears not just huge for show Scootaloo.”

Scootaloo frowned. “Let me guess, your eye sight is really sharp too?”

Sunflower raise her forepaw tilting it side to side. “So-so on that department, really good at night, and semi medium to long range, close up, a bit of a pain at times.”

“What kind of job do you do?” Sweetie Belle curiously asked.

Sunflower thought about how to exactly answer that. “Hmm... Kinda a bit of different things, I do some house work through out my home, tend to the fields and treat the lake around it, also deal with trespassers approaching our home.”

“So... Ya do a bit of everythin' at home?”

“That about sums it up, also tend to just chill out for the most part, it not easy being huge compared to those that are normal size, I burn through about two to three times more energy.”

“I bet that from you being light as a feather too when your walking and flying right?” Scootaloo put her front hooves on her foreleg.

Sunflower looked around at the Crusaders. “It is, I am glad you are curious and asking these questions, most just think I am all perfectly good and do anything with simple ease.” Sunflower pulled out a few comic books. “Could we do something that I been hoping to do with others for a long time?”

“Sure, what is it?” Sweetie Belle curiously asked.

Sunflower put down a small stack of comic books. “I heard about it and saw pictures of cubs reading comics, sharing their views on it from laughs, sadness, surprise and even to arguments.” She raise both forepaws up. “I know it weird to ask dude, but when you pretty much been home schooled all your life, you never get to experience being well... You.” She gestured to all of them.

They looked at each other talking quietly to each other, after a moment they turn to her. “You never had friends?”

Sunflower raised her forepaw up, tilting it left and right. “Friends as in face to face, that recently happened, long distance pen pal, yes.”

“Oooo yer Pinkie Pie's pen pal right?”

“Yep.” She smirked. “Annnnd she behind me, isn't she?”

The Crusaders peer around her to see Pinkie Pie standing there wearing reading glasses, holding up one of the comic books. “Hey girls! Thought I be the BFPP that I am and join you all in reading these comics! I got to say issue one is cool! I love that these super heroes are different races with differcult passes to earning their gifts, born with them, accidental got them or use what they have with mad skills!” She giggled.

They were staring at the glasses. “Pinkamena are you trying to be book smart with comics?”

Pinkie pull the glasses off. “Not working?” Sunflower shook her head. “Oh well, worth a try.” She giggled putting them into her mane. “Sooooo BFPP, ready to read and talk comic with the CMC?”

“CMC?” Applebloom asked.

Cutie Mark Crusaders.” Sunflower stated. “Like BFPP stands for Best Friend Pen Pal.”

The Crusaders all responded. “Ooooooooh” They got it.

“That kinda neat.” Scootaloo picked up a comic seeing it was issue one too. “How many issue ones did you bring?”

“Five, there five copies of issue two and three in there too, the spares are gifts to you all and Pinkamena.”

“Awesome!” Scootaloo said with joy. “You didn't need to give us stuff like this.” She also added. “Not that we complaining about it of course!”

Sunflower rolled her eyes. “Of course not, your the first youngsters to make me feel like being a cub that I wasn't, Pinkamena being a added factor on that, thanks.” She gave Pinkie a hug.

Pinkie Pie released from the hug was a bit dazed. “Ooooh so soft hugs...” She shook her head. “Of course silly! You missed out a lot and time to get a bit of that action!” She giggled. “Now let's read!” She dropped down on her stomach, one forehoof against the side of the face, the other turning the page of the comic.

The others laughed and joined in by reading the comics too, Applebloom than had to ask a question. “Why do ya call Pinkie Pie, Pinkamena?”

“That her given name, Pinkamena Diana Pie, if you want the full thing, she like to be called that other by everyone, but I can't, just my thing dude.” Sunflower opened up a three times larger version comic book of what they were reading.

Pinkie Pie smirked. “One of these days I will get you to say it!”

Sunflower glance over her. “Maybe, maybe not, just not today.” Sunflower smirked back.

Applejack and Big Mac continue to watch from the clubhouse. “Erm... That happened didn't it?” Big Mac glance to her sister.

“Eeyup.” Applejack responded.


Greystorm was going through some last minute paper work as the last rays of sun disappear from the view of his office window to behind the island mountains. Suddenly the doors burst open with Octicovix in her griffon form standing on her hind legs before him breathing in and out with shock on her face. “Octicovix?”

Geremy is ALIVE!”

PreviousChapters Next