• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,229 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,229

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25 – Lunar Griffon Time Part Deux

Author's Note:

Is a parent life perfect?

Are actions just?

Can mistakes be made?

How will Luna manage this?

Whelp! - Read and find out!

Also dream! DREAM! So things can easily go all over the place.

Have fun reading and love to hear your thoughts!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 25 – Lunar Griffon Time Part Deux

Luna walked through a beautiful green lush forest upon entering the dream of her nephew Gale, the clearing was even more stunning with crystal clear water pouring from a waterfall into a large lake, with green grass around it edges. What surprised Luna even more was the large blue mix of different crystals that reflected the sun light from small fissures in the ceiling creating a slight hue but amazing ecosystem.

Luna eyes drift left to right looking around at the large cavern that supported this green life, she never thought such a place would be possible and even surprised that Gale dreamt up such a place. “Nephew!” Luna called out as she walked by the shore of the lake.

Flying around the large crystals and coming to landing before her Gale had answered her call. “Hi aunty!” Gale happiness grew. “We dream sharing again! Aren't we?”

Luna nods with a smile of her own. “Indeed Gale we are. I've been working on a way to do so without direct connection but surprisingly it went well this time around.” Luna took a good look around. “This land is incredible.”

Gale flapping his wings flew over the water putting a claw through it as he flew over it. “Yeah it is! I thought harder and harder about what I saw on that flat box screen thing with the moving pictures and I saw this place!” He said with excitement.

“So I recalled what I been reading in the book mum made better from the super old one about the power of imagination in dreams!” Gale lands by Luna. “So I used that to create my own dream place! One when I sleep I can always go to and never randomly change!”

Luna was startled by what he said. “Celestia remade my book for you?”

“Yep!” Gale grinned. “I even now know what minutes, hours and time is! Mum taught me each breakfast we had together! It took all week but I got there!” He said with pride. “I even learned the word cool means doing something that amazing when saying something like erm...”

He tapped his beak a few times and clicked his claws. “Oh right, I remember!” Gale continue to speak with excitement. “Isn't that cool? This place is cool! I am cool aren't I?” He span around and puff out his chest with a cheeky smirk.

Luna laughed. “Indeed nephew you are!” She poke his chest causing him to breathe out. “I gather you created yourself a house in this place?”

Gale hovered clapping his talons together. “I sure have aunty Luna! It right over by the waterfall!” He grabbed her foreleg and flapping his wings to pull her.

She rolled her eyes and allow Gale to guide her to the waterfall, before Luna's eyes were a large tree and building around it was a cream colour house with crystals in front of the doors and the roof made of many red tiles. White frame windows with a beige colour wooden fence around what she believe to be the garden within it.

“A house built around a tree trunk?”

“Yeah! I remember the Ponyville Library was a tree so I thought why not have a house built around a tree! It made sense doesn't it?” Gale flew up to the house landing by the clouded glass windowed door.

Luna shook her head slightly. “This is a child's very active imagination at work here, what make sense to him doesn't to adults.” She whispered.

“In the sense of dreams it does, but in reality it may not since trees grew bigger as they get older.” Luna stated. “But that doesn't happen in dreams unless you want it to.”

Gale shook his head. “Nope I am good!”

Luna walked up to it and suddenly stopped having a sense of something else is watching them. “Gale I sense something is here with us in your dream.”

Gale gasped. “Oh I completely forgot!”

“Nephew this is serious there something here in your dream that isn't your dream!”

“I know! I made him today!”

Luna froze. “Made... Him?”

Gale nods. “Yeah it right here in the book.” The book appears in a poof of white smoke landing on his talons, opening it he point to the page with the drawing part of the wavy writing. “This says here that you can create things magical in dreams upon realising that the laws of magic work completely different in here! No need for horns, wards, artefacts!”

“I couldn't understand why I was sad and happy at the same time about Leela and I recalled that you can create things so I tried to recreate Leela.”

Luna quickly looking around. “Can I have a look at that book?”

Gale hands it over to her, Luna open it up looking through the pages. “It only a book that says you have power of your dreams and lucid dreaming is the key to it with a clear open mind.”

Luna flipping through the pages still glanced over at him for a second before she came to a page of interest. “Gale you seem to be pretty aware of the power of dreams.”

“I guess I am aunty Luna, is that okay?”

Luna turn the book around pointing to the page with her hoof. “When you said made him, did you create this him with that spell.”

Gale nods. “Yep that the one!” Gale took the book from her. “I was reading that part when I fell asleep, I really like reading this book!”

Luna took another look around. “With that spell I created the Tantabus a few weeks ago... Gale created something with that very spell, the question is what?”

The presence in the dream felt extremely close, she instantly looked up at the top of the waterfall.

Luna saw a blackish grey, blue and cream colour being with paws blackish grey into blue attached to a cream colour torso with a black band of fur turning into baggy furry blue legs to hind blackish grey legs and blue tail. This look close to a diamond dog with spikes on the tops of the hand paws and out the chest, the face was shaped like a jackal with blackish grey dreadlocks, two on either side with a blackish grey mask fur over the blue.

“Blue! Come on down! This is aunty Luna I told you about!” Gale waved him to come down.

The creature called Blue nods with a soft grunt jumping down from one ledge to another with ease till he landed on the ground. He drop to one knee with hand paw on the ground and head lowered. “Mistress Luna the guardian of dreams, welcome to Master Gale's dream.”

It speaks telepathically through the mind... Luna thought and got a quick glance from Blue as he opened a eye, that caught her by surprise. You heard my thoughts... No response as he closed his eye but she knew he heard her direct thoughts.

“Guardian of dreams?” Gale rubbed his head. “I don't recall saying anything like that.”

Blue open one eye looking over to Gale. “Master Gale you've spoken of the ability to enter other dreams to share. That makes her a guardian of dreams as I am Dream Defender of your dream.” Blue explained.

Gale thought about it tapping his beak. “He is correct about both, while he defend your dreams from any Dream Walkers that have similar abilities as my own. I help fend off nightmares or Dream Walkers that attempt to attack those in their dreams.”

“Why would these Dream Walkers do something like that?”

Blue stands up with arms crossed. “Life is a balance between those that do good and those that do bad including the grey.”

“Grey?”

“Nephew those that you can neither called good or bad.”

Gale recalled the comic he read in the library. “Like a anti-hero?”

Correct Master Gale.”

Luna step up to Blue. “Now Blue, what are you?”

I do not know, all I know that I am an fictional being from a moving pictures screen box created by a moment of drifting concentration from Master Gale.” What Blue said telepathically made sense to Luna, Gale is a griffon with his mentality drifting from child to teenager and it clearly showed.

The princess of the night blue eyes locked onto the red eyes of Blue. “You resemble a diamond dog hybrid of a jackal.”

Jackal Diamond Dog... Hmm...” He tapping the foot paw with eyes closed thinking about the name of what he is. “I am unsure what this Diamond Dog is but it seem acceptable.”

“That is understandable, you are an creation of Gale's so your knowledge will be limited not by fault of you or my nephew. This is a grey area when it come to a creation of an Dream Defender.” Luna said walking to the lake shore looking down at the crystal clear water.

It seems so.” Blue opened his eyes.

“Aunty?”

“Yes, Nephew?” She saw his reflection above her.

“Is that book yours?” That was the question she was waiting for.

Luna closed her eyes. “Yes...”

“How long ago did you make it?” Gale asked.

“Too long ago.” Luna opened her eyes.

Gale was about to ask about it but Blue put a paw on his back. “Sometimes pressing the same question in a different concept doesn't go well, best to leave it Master Gale.”

Gale turn to Blue. “Maybe ask when it right to ask?”

Yes that would be best.” Blue turn to the house. “Why don't we leave Mistress Luna here and explore the forest?” Blue suggested.

Gale looked over to the forest. “You think we find something cool there?”

Dreams have endlessly possible out comes Master Gale.”

Gale clapped his talons together and than grab Blue by the paw. “Come on let's go!” He pulls Blue with him.

Luna turn slightly to Blue, he nods silently before running at his own paste with Gale into the forest leaving her alone. “Thank you...” She whispered and open the book up.

“Long ago I created this book in hope to finding a student to learn the skill of Dream Walker, to pass on my knowledge...”

Luna looked up at the massive crystals. “This wasn't suppose to happen like this, Gale's mind is still healing and his attention span is easily shifting...”

“All I can do is teach him to maintain it within his own dream and not bleed into others.” Luna sighed heavily. “My duties just got more complicated...”

The crystal's light starts to dim as night starts to set with a orange yellow glow through the caverns. “This can't wait till my sister wakes... We need to have this talk now.”

Luna's horn glowed for a moment. “Luna what going on? I was eating cake and now I am in some wondrous place.” Luna turn to a confused solar princess walking towards her.

“Sister... We need to talk.” She toss the book to land by the front hooves of Celestia.

Celestia look down at the book and back to Luna. “Oh...” Celestia realised at the very moment where she was. “I... Well...”

Luna raise an eye.

Celestia tries to dodge. “He created this place because of the book? It amazing!”

“Sister...”

“Yes Lulu?” Celestia gulps now knowing she was on Luna's playing field.

“Here I am the big sister and you will listen to me. Tia, come inside.”

Luna walk to the house, Celestia noticed Gale in the distance playing with Blue. “Luna what type of creatur-”

“Celestia... Inside... NOW!

PreviousChapters Next