• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,309 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,309

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 94: Let the Moon Shine

Author's Note:

Who do you think will get a ego out of this? If your wondering read away!

Comments are welcomed as always and enjoy!

Stay healthy and safe all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 94: Let the Moon Shine

“Yes I know I haven't been in my office, I got my best employees working there to make sure all your gear is delivered on time.” Big-Rig talked into the mic piece of his headset hobbling back and forwards on three of his four legs, he glancing out the large window of the fast moving landscape below the airship HMS Victory.

The door opened with the blue glow from Luna's magic, she walked in seeing the foal size Finch Griffon talking to someone, she closed the door and waited patiently for him to finish. “I am personally over looking the new Equestria side of business with the new airship HMS Victory...” He pause listening to the other griffon on the line. “For the last time if they screw up I will personally deal with it! So don't try to pull that stunt with me!”

He rolled his eyes sitting on the chair at his desk. “Stop yapping already! I am not gonna bend and you know it!” He growled. “Good you can see reason, your shipment as I seen has been sent out and be with you by tonight! Good day!” He pulled the headset off his head throwing it to the desk, typing away at the keys seeing on the screen the live information displayed on it. “Good grief those snubs are annoying...”

Luna stepped up to the desk. “I wish to have a moment of your time, if your able.”

Big-Rig remove his forepaws from the keyboard, shifting them to close around each other press on the desk looking over to Luna on the otherside of it. “You got my time Princess Luna.”

Luna sat on the set of cushions. “This whole situation we find ourselves in isn't something none of us was prepared for.”

“That is true.” Big-Rig responded glancing to his wrapped up wing and bandaged hind leg. “Either way it something we have to work through, no point mopping about it.”

Luna looked over to the window at the view of the retreating landscape. “Indeed.”

Luna recalled the moment Big-Rig and Trace came into the throne room telling her, she using her magic to talk to Blue, pressed the question for the Dream Guardian to give her the answer. The moment she had to go with them on the airship HMS Victory heading to the Dragonlands to the land of Nowhere.

“Anything else?” Big-Rig spoke up seeing Luna staring in the space.

She blinked. “Sorry, I do wish to inquire about having a airship such like this for diplomatic and personal use.”

Big-Rig rubbed the under side of his beak with one of the forepaws. “Hmm... You wish to commission me to build you a airship for those purposes only?”

“Yes, I know it won't have the level of technology and magical crystals you have on board this one, but it is possible for one to built is it not?” Luna inquired.

Big-Rig sat back in his seat now foreleg crossed. “It is possible to be done, I do have some early blueprint designs back in my workshop at home that do have basic workings for a solar sailed, gravity crystal airship on a more simplistic design.”

Luna smiled. “I will gladly invest into it.”

“I can see you would Princess, I am not one for taking on investments from governmental powers.” Big-Rig calmly responded to Princess Luna.

Luna switched to another subject that was on her mind. “Very well Big-Rig, how about a change of subject?” He nodded. “I do wish to discuss what Avatar showed you and Doctor Trace, how Gale ended up at this place called Nowhere today from tomorrow? How did he unleashed so much pure magic?”

Big-Rig took a long irritated sigh. “I wish I could give you those answers Princess, Avatar was very vague on it, just showed us that cub creating some massive pure magic griffon that blasted thunder breathing dragon...” Big-Rig recalled the name Anubis. “But she did mention about Anubis the Death Dragon though, I heard stories from some dragons I sell goods to, but never thought a god of the dead be involved and real.” Big-Rig said to Luna.

“Anubis... There was stories going back to my early days about the God of the Dead to the dragons.”

“From what I gather Princess, he can use time magic and quite reckless from the way Avatar talked about him, she couldn't fix all the messes he created.” Big-Rig recalling what Avatar said to him and Trace.

Luna knew about time magic, the fact a God of the Dead dragon can use it and seemingly involved with Gale too. “Reckless use of time magic can cause problems, it is why it was banned from ever being taught, it had application effects that could de-age or age the user and casting upon another.” Luna said.

Big-Rig whistled slightly. “I can agree with you on that, paradoxes another factor into it too.” He raised a finger paw up.

“Hmm... Indeed...”

Big-Rig shift his forepaw towards the table on the side. “How about a good cup of tea and some biscuits, it be a few hours till we arrive at the weak point for you to lower the sun and raise the moon, we can talk business till than.”

Luna smiled slightly. “I thought you didn't do business with governmental types?”

Big-Rig smirked. “Who said I am going to agree on anything? This just a talk about a possible set up, nothing off the table Princess Luna.”

“Indeed and also Big-Rig.”

“Yes?”

“This talk of business would of never happened if it wasn't for this Paradox, am I right?”

Big-Rig gave a hefty laugh in response.


Trace with Amber stood at the front of the top deck part of the ship, watching the clouds rushing by with the landscape rapidly coming towards and passing by them from far below. “I should of realised something was fishy about that tip...” Amber grumbled feeling some of the wind blowing through her fur, the gravity crystal within the ship creating a invisible shield around it from the forces pushing against it.

Trace had turn back into a unicorn, he could see her tail swishing about showing how annoyed she was without reading the facial expressions from Amber. “Amber it all down to the simple fact that you have reckless users of magic, you and I been pulled into mess of said fact...”

Amber placed squeezed her hand paws around the railing tightly. “I know Trace...” She carried on looking ahead. “Where we going to is a story of legend from many dragons, when you work on dealing with feud you tend to hear stories such as legends like this.”

“What kind of legend we flying towards?” Trace turn to her slightly.

She turn to him in turn. “Tales speak of a evil Dragon Lord called Thunderous ruled by force, a silver dragon called Silvite dubbed by the dragons of today as the Lord of Dragons took him on, even being unaffected by the Bloodstone Sceptre that the Dragon Lord holds and have power over all dragons, she allowed herself to be endused by greed growth to fight him.”

“I gather this happened at this land Nowhere?”

“Yes, tales speak of a rival to dragon kind, the Kitsunes aided her and the their god the Death Dragon Anubis pulled the whole land into a folded reality to save not only dragons of the Dragonlands but all neighbouring lands over 1000 years ago.”

Trace thought about the tale. “Thunderous can use lightning like breathing it out instead of fire?”

Amber nodded slightly. “Correct, how did you know?”

“Avatar showed Gale blasting him with immense amount of pure magic turning him into a statue.” Trace informed her. “Basically the evil titan Dragon Lord is a oversized garden display now.”

Amber crossed her arms. “Well isn't that surprising? That sweet pure thing did that? I wouldn't believe it Trace, but with this pure magic wave you saw and the Finch confirming it, I have to say I need to know why Gale did it.” Amber ponded what caused Gale to use his pure magic in such a way.

Trace shrugged. “I do not know Amber, Avatar evaded answering that, all we can do is ask him when we get to Nowhere-” He paused after saying 'Nowhere' and thought the Kitsunes and Silvite. “You don't think he did it to protect Silvite and these Kitsunes?”

Amber now questioned it in her mind, thoughts of the idea Gale doing it seem more realistically reasonable. “When you say it like that, I think it very possible...”

“Well we soon find that out when we get there.”

“Indeed my sweet love...”


At the settlement of Mystic KI the festive still going on with kitsunes enjoying it from games, dancing to music being played from the stages, eating meals and having fun on rides. Over to the lake of the No-Yantic Marshes sitting outside a Vinnix's Gemmy Restaurant Ember watched her father still in Dragon-Kitsune form telling dragon stories to kits and Gale, all sitting in front of him listening.

Ember sat with Pom-Pom and Skip at the table, a kitsune came up wearing a apron put down three trays of food and drink, he bow to them slightly and walked back inside the busy restaurant. “Dad been at it for hours... I keep hinting to him when should he be turning back and as usual he in a world of his own.”

Pom-Pom drunk a bit of her fizzy drink. “He loving being at the centre of attention, the Dragon Lord is having his moment and being praised without demand, the kits and Gale are loving it.”

Skip chuckled. “Could be the fact you got a group of kitsunes playing it out behind him.”

“Dad knows and his ego grows.” Ember look to her plate at the burger in the bun with lettuce sticking out of it on top of the meat. “Cooked meat? I thought I ordered a Emerald Burger?” She picked it up with both claw hands staring at the hot contents.

Skip rolled his eyes. “You did, didn't mum give you a gummy from Vinnix?”

“Yes?” She looked over at him. “Are you telling me this is a emerald turned into meat and cooked!?”

“Ding ding ding!” He shift the tip of his tail into a bell ringing it. “We got a winner!” He turn into back to normal before using his magic to lift his up and taking a bite out of it.

Ember took a bite out of it, her slitted eyes widen slightly. “Thish-thish shis sazing!” She said with a mouth fall, before taking another crunching bite with delight. “Mmmm...”

Pom-Pom swallowed some fries. “Vinnix is amazing what he can do with any type of food, his transformative magic is pretty much unique compared to many. Even on endless raining days we kitsunes gladly part ways with valuables for a meal from this place at the lake side.” Pom-Pom looked out to the lake, the sun slowly lowering in the sky with the changing colour of the sky shimming on the water surface.

Ember swallowed and grabbed a bunch of fries. “Does all kitsunes like eating gems?”

“Yep, our teeth and maws rival that of a dragon with ease, guess that why our kinds kinda clash or see eye to eye on some level of respect.” Skip cheerfully said to Ember.

Ember shrugged. “You seem too soft and cheery for my taste, rather get into a claw to claw combat, show a dragon or two not to mess with me, lava bathe or challenge them to a game or two to show who the best.” Ember threw the fries into her maw, enjoying her unique meal.

Silvite and Anubis stepped up to the table. “Enjoying the festive?”

Ember glance at the two. “Where in the name of all dragons you two been?”

Silvite smirked. “Enjoying the festive like you all have, we just been mingling with the kitsunes back in the settlement.” Silvite jab a thumb over her shoulder.

“We been having a bloody good time.” Anubis chuckled. “Got to admit this been a very interesting party and this is only the first part.” Anubis looked out to the lake at the sun setting, the moon starting to raise.

Ember rubbed the bridge of her muzzle. “Your telling me you our god and Silvite the Lord of Dragons just been CHILLING at the festive all this time!?”

Both dragons looked at each other than back at Ember to respond. “Yes.”

Ember groaned. “Fine... Whatever... I am going back to eating my Emerald Burger...” She went back to eating her meal.

Torch in the distance started to glow and before the youngsters eyes turn back into his formal dragon self, he roared with laughter. “NOW THAT A WAY TO END A STORY!” He continued to laugh afterwards getting cheers from them and Gale, he bowing to them getting so much praise from them.

The sun disappeared behind the horizon of trees for the moon raise with it glowing brightly, the kits all step up to the lake shore staring the shiny moon. “Wow that something I thought I never see again, quite the sight.” Silvite said with her eyes transfixed on the moon.

“I never thought the moon would look so beautiful...” Pom-Pom got off her seat walking up to the lake front with Skip. “Son... It really is something isn't it?”

Skip smiled. “It sure is mum...”

The music soon died down, kitsunes all gathering at the lake looking up at the slowly raising moon, they all amazed by what they saw, the stars starting to appear got their attention too, the dawn of the evening was upon them, seeing the moon and the stars was a brand new experience to all of them as were the sun.

Gale seen the moon rise into the sky many times in almost three months and something about this one seem brighter, different and reminded him of the moon looked exactly like this the day before he went to Ponyville with his mum Celestia. “This was night mum and I watch moon raise, but no one knew where Aunty Luna was till guard say she left on urgent personal matters, and be back sometime in the afternoon.

Gale's thoughts came to a stop when he saw in front of the moon coming into view was a air ship with golden lit sails, it had no blimp like the others. “Airship with no blimp?” Gale tilted his head with wonder.

Kitsune guards quickly created wings on their backs flying towards the airship with their tail flames burning bright ready to defend Mystic KI, the airship slowed right over the settlement and lake, hovering with the semi-sound roaring of the engines.

Torch's mouth open with flames forming, Silvite flew up with Ember ready for a fight, as things was about to get heated time seem to freeze, Anubis quickly turn to get a talon fist right into his muzzle, stepping back dropping his staff the Death Dragon slipped and fell on his backside growling in pain landing on his tail, he held his muzzle with blood seeping between it. “Sweet bloody mother of all things! Who are you to punch me that hard in the muzzle you bloody bird!” He growled at Avatar while trying to tend to his bleeding muzzle.

Avatar squawked angrily at him. “I have every right to punch you how ever hard I want Anubis!” Avatar raised her fist at him. “Anubis I have finally finished clearing up all the critical messes you created! I even had to create my own just to fix this big blunder of yours!” She than walk up to him jabbing him in the chest with a claw tip. “And who I am! I am Avatar, the extension of the Tree of Elysium!”

Anubis sniffed a little wiggling the end of his muzzle removing his claw hands from it with blood staining the tip of it. “Awww bloody Tartarus...” Anubis got up on to his claw feet. “Look I-”

“I know why you did it, you were after Gale's magic for Grogar.” Avatar point over to Gale's direction. “Only reason I haven't done anything to you is because of Gale.”

Anubis looked to his blood covered claws. “You know they going to wonder why I am covered in blood.”

Avatar growled. “They won't, they will wonder why your in the lake!”

“Lake wh-” Avatar grabbed the Death Dragon pulled him up over her head. “Wait let's talk-” She toss him right at the lake. “-ABOUT IT!” He lands in the water with a mighty splash that freezes, he unable to move in the frozen in time water around him, his staff lands next time him frozen in the water beside him. “Bloody bird is really pissed with me...” He grumbled.

Suddenly time is restored, to everyone else Anubis suddenly zoomed right past all of them impacting the water hard, he surfaces holding his staff coughing out some water, all on the shore wondered what the blazes just happened.

Torch pulled the Death Dragon out of the water staring at the small clothed dragon dripping with water. “WHAT DID-”

“Nothing did this! Got me!?”

“YES?”

“Good! Now put me down on the shore!”

“OKAY...” Torch put him down on the shore line of the lake, he wish to ask what sent their god of the dead into the water, but wouldn't dare press the question to insult the Death Dragon.

Ember turn to her dad. “Dad aren't we going to-” He shook his head. “H-” The look Torch gave Ember made her just groan, seeing he wasn't going to budge on the subject.

Anubis flicked water off his scales and stabbing the staff into the sand he squeezed out the water from the clothing, the Death Dragon wasn't too happy with what just happened but also felt intrigued by it too. “Got my tail handed to me by Avatar the extension of the Tree of Elysium, why do I feel so anger and thrilled by it?”

Pom-Pom was in the air when that happened, she didn't even see what tossed him the water, one second he was on the shore than the next he was flying at the speed of sound into the lake. “Skip; did you see what did that to Anubis?”

“Some weird blue bird, but it was there and gone in a blink of a eye, I mean it was as if there was a whole heap of things happened in mere second...” Skip responded.

The distraction caused by it now created a new thing to catch their attention.

Luna fly off the airship hovering over them all. “Too all creatures below, we are not here to fight, I came to raise the moon, and to find my nephew Gale! I Princess Luna of Equestria, Princess of the Night!”

Gale flew right up to her giving the Princess of the Night a powerful hug. “Aunty!”

This followed by a mighty cheering roar from all the kitsunes, then followed up by magical balls of energy shooting up into the sky exploding into colourful explosions of magical dust fading outwards from each exploding point.

Pom-Pom, Skip, Ember, Silvite and Torch looked at each other for any words to say, they couldn't think of anything as the colourful magical fireworks explode around them.

Big-Rig, his crew, Trace and Amber look around on deck seeing more of them explode around the HMS Victory. “Well isn't this a heck of a welcome?”

PreviousChapters Next