• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,229 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,229

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13 – The First Spotlight

Author's Note:

Another chapter and another chance for you all to vote! I decided to drop this as I finished creating the chapter. I haven't had this much fun making stories in an long time!

I am happy you all been liking this story! At the end of the chapter you will have choices that will be made via comment or mail vote! All will count! So what it is? Hmm... You will have to read!

Enjoy!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 13 – The First Spotlight

The sky arena of Canterlot where the aerobatic show to the derby of the Wonderbolts happened came into view of Celestia, Shining Armor and Gale. A few guards walked either side of them as protection detail requested by Shining Armor, Celestia agreed to those terms of four guards no less.

Gale saw the arena as they got closer on the mountain edge road, the stands over looking a cloud shaped course with poles sticking out of the clouds. Each with the Equestria country flag flapping in the direction the wind. The stands had ponies already sitting at them with VIP level behind them to the Royal booth at it highest, two alicorn statues on ever side of the Royal Booth.

The view of the building next to the Canterlot Sky Stadium Gale recalled from the book he read about the city of Canterlot. He point the stadium and building followed by a few flaps of his wings trying to mimic the motion of papers turning.

“What are you trying to say?” Shining Armor watching Gale repeat it a few more times. “You want to fly around the stadium course?”

Gale shook his head.

Celestia closed her eyes picturing the movement of the wings. “I believe it a book Gale hinting to.” Opening her eyes looking down at the griffon beside her.

Gale nods happily.

Shining Armor thought about the pointing and gets what Gale was trying to say. “You read about the stadium in a book about Canterlot yesterday!”

Gale squawked happily as they continue to head to the stadium.

Ponies came up to them and instantly Gale retreated close to his mother, Shining Armor moved his hoof in motion with the four guards acting upon it. They quickly crossed their spears halting the advance of ponies, Celestia lower her head to Gale shifting her wing over him.

“It's okay.” Celestia whispered to Gale, he nods but kept close to her. Raising her head she gestured to the ponies. “My little ponies. I've came to see the Wonderbolt Derby today with my newly adopted son, a lot has happened to him that I took it personally to be his guardian.”

The ponies looking and speaking to each other. “His a griffon that easily scared of new things or those he doesn't know. Gale by unknown means lost almost all his memories, his past lost and the present I will guild him to relearn all that was lost.” They could see Gale trying to his best to be not seen by them and scared by their present.

“I will answer any questions from the press in time.” She slowly looking around the ponies. “For now please give us space and let him enjoy this day outside the castle.” They all nod and stood to the side.

Celestia push her wing forwards a little to get Gale to walk. “Come on it alright.” With a gulp he nods and walk alongside her, he wearily look to the left and right at all those ponies that look back at him from a mix of different emotions on their faces.

Shining Armor took a good look around as he walked behind them before coming back up to Celestia's other side. “That seem to go quite well Princess.”

“Indeed. I am glad it did.” Celestia sighed slightly. “I was hoping to avoid speaking to ponies about Gale after adopting him, specially the press.” She glance down at Gale whom been listening and looking up at her.

“The press can easily change what you really say and spin it into something that isn't. Not all but some” Celestia explained to Gale. “One time I yawned and the Canterlot Daily took the picture of it, they spinned it as if I didn't care about the show I was watching.”

Gale tilted his head. “Somepony making up something that didn't happen and frame it as true but it called lying or an lie.” Celestia explained and Gale still looked very puzzled. “You don't understand why somepony would do you?” Gale nods.

Celestia warmly smiled. “Gale your so pure.” He smiled back not sure what his adopted mum meant, but he knew with an feeling it was a good thing she said to him.

None of the ponies got close but bowed as Celestia, Gale and Shining Armor with the guards walked up the steps between the stadium seats of the lower levels to the Royal booth. The guards stopped just outside it turning around and stood attention as Celestia, Gale and the captain carried on walking up to the booth.

Gale noticed there was red carpet with gold rims on the steps they walked on into the booth, turning to the right and walking up a few more steps he saw nice comfortable seats. In front of them was a semi long table with an red table cloth over it and hanging over it on one side.

The griffon walked up to the wall and jumped up putting his talons on it to get a good look at the amazing view they had of the cloud course. Gale whistled with an impressed expression before pushing off and going to one of the seats.

Celestia shook her head before sitting down on her own chair, Shining Armor standing beside it and Gale gave a soft squawk as he points to the empty chair beside him. “Sorry Gale, I'm on duty. This is my station.”

Gale turn to his mum tilting his head with the questionable look. “His right son. Captain Armor is on duty till after the Wonderbolt Derby and meeting the Wonderbolts themselves.”

“Princess?”

Celestia got Shining Armor confused and now she drops the ball into his hooves. “After the show your going to give him the experience of having fun.”

Shining Armor shook his head recalling his talk with Cadance at breakfast. “I remember now. Cadance told me about this.”

“Will it be a problem?”

“Not at all princess.” Shining Armor replied.

Celestia smiled. “That good to know.” Gale rubbed his feathered head wondering what kind of fun they speaking about.

“Mares, stallions, colts and fillies! Welcome to the Canterlot Wonderbolt Derby! I present to you the Wonderbolts!” A grey Pegasus were an black and white shirt with a head set on spoke out to the stadium.

Seconds later Gale watched six pegasi flew over him and over them with smoke lightning trailing behind them. Each of them he did notice wore blue with yellow lightning suits that covered almost every inch of their bodies. They came back around to land on the clouds beside the grey pony, three to the left and three to the right.

The yellow face one pull up the goggles and took the headset off the grey pony putting it on her head. “Hello everypony! Those that are new to the derby I hope you all look forward to seeing our race followed by our aero acrobatic show!” The ponies cheer in response.

The pony noticed Celestia with a salute she and the others did in an instant. “Princess!”

Celestia nod slightly and those lower their hooves. “I look forward to seeing the derby and the race with my little griffon here Gale, this be his first time Captain Spitfire.”

“We make it a show he will remember!” Spitfire ensured Celestia.

“I have no doubt it your teams abilities captain.” Celestia gracefully smiled, she leans down to Gale. “You are going to like this Gale.”

Gale was curious and eagerly awaits to see what will be happening in a moment.

Spitfire give back the headset to the ref pony. “The line up of the Wonderbolts here today are...” He begins to role call the Wonderbolts one at a time.

“Lightning Streak!” Light blue stallion with two tone yellow mane and tail salutes.

“Misty Fly!” Cream colour mare with light blue and white mane and tail salutes.

“Fire Streak!” White colour stallion with orange and white mane and tail salutes.

“Fleetfoot!” Light green mare with white and light blue mane and tail salutes.

“Co-Captain Soarin!” The light blue stallion with the dark blue mane and tail salutes

“And last but least! The captain of the Wonderbolts! Spitfire!” The yellow mare with two tone of orange mane and tail salutes.

The ref pony point his wing to the starting slash finish line. “All Wonderbolts to your position!”The flew up to the line and land on the cloud behind the line. “This will be a twenty lap race! Good luck to all Wonderbolts!”

He turn to the stands. “On your marks!” They lower their fronts down and wings open. “Get set!” They flex their wings as he raise his own.

The ref pony lower his wing. “GO!”

All six Wonderbolts took off exploding the cloud they stood on, in seconds they rounded the first turning moving into the second straight before turning again a moment later. They pass through the line ending lap one as they continue to race around the cloud course.

Gale eyes was locked on the racers as they went through lap after lap, he leaned forwards on the seat he sat on keen on seeing this race taking place. Gale had guessed that the first through the twentieth lap wins and he wanted the captain to win the race.

Ponies at the lower stands screaming and cheering out different names. “Princess, would you and the young griffon like refreshments?”An pony in an black suit and tie with a white shirt asked.

Celestia glance over to him. “Apple juice for Gale and a cup of tea for myself please. And if you got some of those lovely cucumber sandwiches that would be perfect.”

“We do and I will be bring them up shortly.” He bows and leave the booth.

Gale got so engrossed in the race that he wasn't aware of how much time seem to pass, he read up about it but it was still confusing to exactly understand. A cough caught his attention and saw a unicorn in an black suit with refreshments. “Sir; your apple juice and cucumber sandwiches.”

The plate and drink float down onto the table before him, Gale try to think of a way to thank the unicorn and bow his head down to him. “Why are you bowing to me?”

“That my little pony is Gale saying 'thank you', due to the fact he can not speak at the moment.” Celestia explained to the waiter.

He looked surprised but understanding. “That princess makes sense. Thank you.” He turn back to Gale. “Enjoy.” The waiter pony bow his head to Gale and steps to the side.

Gale took one of the sandwiches, holding it in his talon taking a sniff of it and a bite of it. He chewed and took in the taste before swallowing it. “What do you think?” Gale give a thumbs up to his mum and she smiled. “They really make amazing cucumber sandwiches here.” He nods in believing it.

The attention turn back to the race seeing that it was coming to the last few laps, Gale saw that Spitfire was just behind two of the Wonderbolts Fleetfoot and Soarin. As they past the final lap Spitfire made her move squeezing into the inner turning, now all three were neck and neck as they came to the final straight passing the finish line in a blur.

The ref pony speaks out to the crowd as many talk to each other in wonder on who had won the race.

“What a finish! I could not even tell who crossed through the finish line first! We going to check on photos taken at the moment they all crossed! We will have an winner declared in a moment!”

Celestia turn to Gale who just put the last piece of food in his beak chewing on it. “Hmm...” He stopped hearing her hum. Gale's eyes shift to her. “How would you like to declare the winner?”

Shining Armor quickly took a double take at Celestia. “Princess!?”

Gale instantly swallowed and followed by an very loud surprised squawk.


Voting has ended and the tally been made. Results will be reviled in Chapter 13.5: The Winner is...
This will be a short chapter on the winner announced and Gale being reviled to the city of Canterlot and beyond soon enough.

1. Spitfire
2. Fleetfoot
3. Soarin

PreviousChapters Next