• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,229 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,229

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23.5 – L T G

Author's Note:

Took some work to get this .5 chapter done but I am happy with what I done. First few attempts was a bit crazy, over the top and way out of control for my own liking. This one I am pleased with and works with how the story flowing at the moment.

Some of the ideas I came up with for this came from some of the comments made. Thank you for the help!

Like to hear your comments as well find those pesky Gs!

Enjoy!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 23.5 – L T G

Luna narrowed her eyes walking in with the guards, Amber look to each of them. “Right plan B.” She put her hand paw into the leg strap pouch, pulling out her wallet to show her SCUAS badge and ID.

Night Howler and Lunar Light eyes fell upon it, they instantly stood attention with a hoof up in salute. “Ma'am!”

Luna looked to her right and left, the magic fades as confusion sets in. “What thy doing?”

Amber put down Gale and he ran up to Luna giving her a hug, she returns in hesitating slightly. “Princess, that Abyssinian is an SCUAS officer. She is one of twelve in whole of Equestria.”

“And that is?” Luna asked while she hugged her nephew.

Gilda answered. “Princess Luna that stands for; Special Crime Unit Against Scammers.”

“We do not follow...”

“Simple put it I have a rank that rivals captain of the guard, without being part of the royal guard.” Amber explained.

Luna blinked. “Is this true?”

“Yes princess.” The two guards said together.

Luna sighed. “Something our sister failed to mention.” Luna look down to Gale. “We gather thy happiness means all is well?” Gale nods happily and point to Gilda.

“Gilda!”

Luna stared for a second. “We heard thy spoke a word but hearing it is something that is delightful to hear.”

Amber crossed her arms. “I gather you are here mainly for Doctor Trace about Gale?”

“Yes we are and now looking at thou, we must say thy look-”

“Don't go there Princess. I knew of your past and you seem to figure out my past timeline. Leave it at that.” Amber gave Luna glare.

Luna glared back. “We only-”

“I know, you know. Leave it.” Amber warned.

Trace stepped up beside Amber. “My wife Amber I've told about you via letter Princess Luna. My guess you know something from your long time away about Amber. It be best to drop that matter at hoof unless you like to see what an really angered Abyssinian can do even to an Alicorn.”

Luna's horn lights up. “Threat us and we will act!”

“Not a threat a promise.” Amber flex one hand paw showing claws drawing out from them. “My past, your past. We both have pasts we do not want the other to have overshadow each other so... Leave it.”

Luna released her magic. “We see.” Luna move away from Gale. “Guards and Royal Specialist Abyssinian keep an eye on Gale.” Luna look to Gilda and Trace. “We, Gilda and Trace has something to speak of in private.”

“Huh? Just like that?” Amber retracted her claws.

“Just like that.” Luna said without another word to her.

“Go in the lab, it has an magical proofing system that can easily be adapted to shield out sound.” Amber point to the thick open door. “Just don't mess around with my husband's stuff in there unless you want a repeat of what he went through.”

Gale tilt his head. “Gilda?”

“It fine cub, I am sure Amber got something to keep you busy with while we chat.” Gale now turn to the two bat ponies curiously walking around them.

Night Howler slitted eyes followed Gale as he seem to look up and down at their bodies. “Your highness?” He said with some nervousness.

Luna, Trace and Gilda walk into the lab.

Amber hummed. “If I am to gather this is Gale's first time seeing a pair of Thestrals-” The door closes and casting the spell Luna cuts all audioable sounds from outside the lab she, Trace and Gilda stood in.

Gilda looked around. “Wow you are a total geek!”

Trace sat down. “This apartment is one of six in the complex that has a built in lab attached to it, Princess Celestia set me up with this so I could continue to work on ways to help Gale as well find those that did that horrendous transfiguration spell on him.”

Gilda stood by a free part of the wall, standing on her paws with forelegs crossed. “Good on you, cause if I find them first I will claw them to pieces.” She flexed her talons. “Princess Celestia told me everything about Gale...” She look down taking a deep breath.

“From the look you had I thought she has.” Trace replied. “But recent developments about a very powerful caster might not been the case in my early assessment.”

Luna raise an eye. “Please tell.”

Trace using his magic pulled out his lab coat from the bag placing it down on a empty part of the lab table. “This was torn to pieces through my transfiguration from pony to griffon, also the magic surge teleported me to the outskirts of the city.”

“Thy reactivated the spell!?”

Gilda glared over at Luna.

Trace explained about the spells and potion he used to link up them with the feather, the poison joke acting as the final push to trigger it. “-that is when I became a griffon through a quite memorable transfiguration in the most painful way possible.”

“One potion your back to normal, if it that simple why not give it to the cub?” Gilda asked.

Trace turn to her. “It not so simple my griffon friend.”

“Not your friend.” Gilda instantly responded.

Trace sighed. “Fine... Gilda. The potion is made out of a mixture of chemicals, herbs and a bit of Poison Joke. I won't go into the detail of all of it but safe to say it can cancel out any mishap spells or potions.”

Gilda stood on her paws leaning against the wall with her forelegs crossed, her tail twitching left and right. “Yet your little haywire spell reactivated that crazy spell that was cast on Gale with that Poison Joke stuff.”

Trace rubbed a hoof under his snout. “Hmm... Valid point Gilda. I will have to keep a eye on myself of the next week to see if there is any lingering side effects.”

Luna spoke up. “This is interesting and all but the findings thou found about the transfiguration spell.”

“That is true.” Trace using his magic to pick up a white board pen, he starts writing on the plain white board. “The magic increased in power because of a build up circuit.”

Gilda looked at the diagram. “If I am understanding that right, it endlessly loops till the spell is cast. That would mean a massive build up!”

Luna stared at it with her eyes following each one of the arrows. “Gilda is correct and also if thy replace them with artefacts specificity made for transfiguration spells, the spell would go well beyond our own level of magic.”

Gilda slowly turn her gaze to Luna. “That could be anyone with level of understanding of that kind of spell and artefacts. Your search for this creep just went up.”

“Indeed, this makes the challenge of finding this creep as thou call it far more trickier than one thought it would be.”

Trace adds a point to the theory. “Princess Luna this is one of the newest likely theories since it came with a particle accident on my part, yet the other still can stand ground.”

Gilda frowned at the two. “Two possible things about what happened to Gale, whoopy Doopy Do!” Gilda drop down on all fours. “If that all I'm out of here.” Gilda walk to the door.

Luna spoke out. “There is one more, it what Gale remembered.”

Gilda turn to Princess Luna. “A black dog right? I know about it, he got a picture of it inside the vest of that plush toy of his.”

“Photo?” Both of them looked very surprised.

“Yes photo! Gale got very upset not able to tell me it's name!” Turn around to them. “I had to calm him down as he got into a furious rage.”

Luna recalled the name in the memory flash back that played out as a dream. “We know of said name it's-” Gilda was upon her so quickly the motion caused many of the vials to rattle and papers to fly around landing all over the place.

Gilda had placed both talons over Luna's snout glaring into her own eyes only a few feet away. “I! DO! NOT! WANT! TO! KNOW!”

Luna used her magic to grab Gilda, pulling her talons free from the snout lifting the griffon trying to break free from the magical grasp. “Thy dare to assault us!?”

“Please! If I wanted to assault you I could of clawed your neck out right that moment!” Gilda countered. “I was shutting you up from telling me that dog's name!”

“Thy cou-”

“Speak normal for Grover's sack! I am not here to listen to some stage performance from a Princess!” Gilda interrupted Luna.

Luna sneered. “This is the royal we that spoken to the subjects!”

Gilda shouted back. “Oh in a million years ago! You fossil!”

“Fossil!? Thy-”

“SPEAK NORMAL!” Gilda roared causing Luna to flinch and let go of Gilda.

Trace saw how Gilda broke Luna's hold on her by roaring. “Interesting...” He whispered watching the exchange continue.

Gilda lands on her paws with talons out ready for a fight seeing that Luna now looked very ticked off. “You dare speak to me in such a manner!? I will show you the power from the Princess of the Night!”

Gilda gave a sly smirk lowing her forelegs seeing she got Luna to speak without the Royal We. “And there we go, that wasn't so hard was it? Dweeb.” Gilda land on her talons standing on fours now not even ready to defend herself.

Luna anger vanished as she stood straight with a confused look. “What?”

“Your speaking normal you dummy and plus... Your still recovering from your long vacation.” Gilda said with confidence. “Just like a cunning griffon that I am, I baited you in.”

Luna took time to process what Gilda just did, suddenly it clicked. “You played u-me... I never been played in such a way but other than my sister...” Luna stared at Gilda. “Cunning? Maybe. Stupid? Maybe also. Played me in speaking not with the royal we. Surprisingly caught me off guard. Well played.”

Gilda frowned at the words Luna spoke of about her. “Riiiggghht.... I'll try not to take that as a insult.”

“Take that as evening the score, you did grab my snout and shouted at me. So take my insults as you call it as pay back.”

“I guess that fair... I think...” Gilda scratched the side of her feathered neck rather confused.

Trace watched this from the side lines. “Impressive and impulsive. Got to say I never thought I see anything like this play out in my lab. But interesting to say the least.”

They both glared at him causing him to gulp. “M-m-mov-moving on!” Trace got his composer back.

Trace used his magic to pick up to empty cups filled them up with water from the sink and give them to Gilda and Luna. “Now with this spat between mares-”

“Mares?”

“Do you like me to call you a chi-”

“Nope!” Gilda shook her head. “Even that the current term, female or mare be better than that.” Gilda quickly said.

Trace cleared his throat. “As I was saying... The spat between mares is done, shall we move to the subject about how Gale had a photo of a dog on his plush all this time and how he knew it's name?” Luna and Gilda looked annoyed but let this one slide.

Luna thought about it. “She, the dog a she and I believe something might of happened to her. When sensing his feelings, he felt sad.”

Gilda agreed. “I saw the tear stain on the photo, it dried in but it there. He didn't show it exactly when I embraced him to calm him down from his anger outburst.”

“Furious anger and sadness over a loving pet...” Trace walked back and forwards, Gilda drunk her water and Luna did too as they watch him paste. “Gale aware of lose of a love one... The best way to move on from it is either keep his mind off it, help him to move on with this new sad memory he now has or get him a new dog that look very similar to the one he lost.”

Luna thought about Celestia's pet. “What about a phoenix?”

“Can you get a black phoenix?” Gilda raise an eye. “Also aren't we rushing this?”

“Possibly we are Gilda but also we are dealing with a very complex griffon that the mind is a mix of youth to teenager years.” Trace brought up the point about Gale. “Didn't it take you less than a day to learn two words?”

“Two words? I thought he only knew to speak of your name?” Luna questioned.

Gilda smiled. “He learned to say mum.”

Luna eyes widen mouth half open trying to ask. “Yep it towards Princess Celestia even he said it at me.” Luna recalled the fuzzy bipedal being shift into Celestia. “Now you got one up on your sister.”

“That I have, thank you Gilda you may go.”

Gilda rolled her eyes. “About time!” Gilda walk to the door. “Make sure not to talk like an idiot too Princess.” Gilda opening it and left the lab closing the door behind.

Luna grumbled under her breath before turning her focus to Trace.

“Doctor Trace I couldn't let Gilda know what else I discovered.”

“Why not tell me when she was in the room?” He gave a questionable look.

“Because I need this to keep to few others as possibly can and you reactivating that spell means you are closer to finding where it came from than anyone else.” Luna said in a serious tone of voice.

Trace sighed. “Fine, but if this get way out of hoof I will report this to your sister, the accident I caused might not be so lucky on my part.”

“One thing for sure that Gilda brought up about the potion and the Poison Joke, it tend to bite you in the back side without you knowing about it.” Trace warned Luna. “It will take time to run tests on myself and track this magic.”

“Time isn't something we have Doctor Trace.”

Doctor Trace shook his head. “With this type of magic. I think time is something we have plenty of.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“It still faintly in the air all over the city and the mountain and I think... “ Doctor Trace shook his head.

“No I now know that this magic on the opposite side of the spectrum has always been around this mountain...”

Luna eyes widen. “That impossible! We would of knew there was another form of magic around the mountain!”

“I know Princess Luna... I can not explain how it all around us and not interfering with our magic like Gale, his accessories and the plush...” Trace rubbed the sides of his head.

“But right now I can feel it in the air, ever since I was turned into a griffon I been feeling it all around us.” Trace moved his front hooves around the room.

Luna looked to the door. “Can Gale?”

“I believe so...” Trace mouthed the words again and again.

“Doctor Trace?”

Two words escaped his snout.

“Oh buck...”

PreviousChapters Next