• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,309 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,309

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 97.75: Alpha before the Gala

Author's Note:

The vote of A and that connect was Alpha the wolf, B would of been Blue the Jackal Diamond Dog hybrid.

The consequence of the change in the timeline to stop Shal-Quz has created interesting results, Chapter 98: Best Griffish Night Ever; will be a interesting step for sure, who know how the events of the Gala will play out now.

Please comment as always, like to see what you think.

Stay healthy and safe all.

Wishing you all a happy new year!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 97.75: Alpha before the Gala

ALPHA!? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?”

The echo of Luna's voice ringing out still rang in the depths of Alpha's mind, his one eye open to stare out from the view of the tower balcony of Cadance's Sanctuary, from here he could watch the castle grounds to keep his lord safe, and to be alone to think over how his world has changed not once, but for a second time for the anthropomorphic wolf.

Lapping his tongue in the muzzle and around the rims of it his eye trailed on movements from guard unicorn and earth pony guards, to the Pegasi flying doing their portals, he took note of their portal routes, even those standing at guard at positions. “This place reminds me too much of the palace and it guard in Gongmen City, even the wolves I stationed after the hostile take over...” He grumbled.

His only eye on the right shift to the sound of chatter from Gale, Gallus, Shining Armor and Greystorm as they were putting on their shirts followed by the jackets and ties. “-with everything that been happening in the last three weeks, I can't say I am surprised by either time travel, Princess Celestia is now a griffon, and the fact Alpha is physically here.” Shining Armor said glancing over to the wolf.

Gallus looked at himself in the mirror. “Do I seriously have to wear this stupid thing?”

“Yes nephew.”

“What about the wolf?” Gallus shot a look over to Alpha responding to his uncle.

Greystorm walked up around him and untie the tie, he redid it for Gallus. “Alpha is Prince Gale's protector in the Dream Realm, as he is in the physical plain that haven't changed, also there nothing for him to wear, we lucky enough to get away calling him a Diamond Dog.”

Alpha snarled a little. “Wolf, I am not that hybrid jackal, not some half breed!”

“It a cover you are going to have to live with Alpha.” Shining Armor responded.

Alpha gave a huff. “I never wanted to leave Lord Gale's dreamscape, I am suppose to be in Dream Cavern both mentally and physically, not outside his mind. Lady Luna is right to be concerned over this as of I.” Alpha recalling that moment.

Avatar used some crystal to try to exist in real time, but it ended up her subconsciously dreaming instead to join us in the memory dream, I think that what the dweeb did to cause Alpha to be here. But the bigger thing is, King Grover might be alive.”

Grover/Dad might be ALIVE!?” Celestia and Nightingale screamed out in response.

A crystal that can use dream magic outside the dream realm in the physical plain!?” Luna screeched in horror. “That is very bad and never should have been created!”

“If I could I would, but Aunties say not safe to try if get Dream Crystal, it could open flood gates.” Gale said with concern. “Alpha sorry...”

Alpha shook his head. “There isn't anything to be sorry for Lord Gale, Avatar caused this with the crystal.”

“Which would of never happened if Gale's future self gave her a taste of living in the current time from a crystal of her own making.” Greystorm stated.

Gallus frowned. “Uncle...” He slowed to a pause. “That still sound weird...” He shook his head. “Anyway Uncle Greystorm how do you even know that is even possible? Only thing we know of it what Gale knew and Alpha told us from what Gale knew.” Gallus said.

Shining Armor finished putting his tie on. “I would of came up with that conclusion myself, she created a crystal to try and appear to use in normal time without freezing things, it most likely would have been a crystal she had made in that once timeline, one where she gain knowledge of.”

Alpha knew what they were saying thanks to his lord. “There must be connection to this with the Grimtormia Tower that Lord Grover is located at, how he came to be in the past.”

Consequences of changing the future...” Celestia said.

Luna took a hard look at Alpha. “You didn't do anything to break free from the dream plain?”

No, I was in the Dream Cavern one second, and next Lord Gale running into me Lady Luna, I know of what I am and this isn't right... I wish to return to Dream Cavern. I am not suppose to be here, I know I am a wolf of fiction from a fictional world that Lord Gale remember from his past.”

Greystorm walk into the dining room seeing Alpha and Celestia. “What happened now?”

“Sadly as I said in the dining room shortly after getting told about how you came to be here, how Princess Celestia a griffon to the whole-”

“Get to the point already Uncle...” Gallus grumbled.

Greystorm didn't like Gallus interrupting him, but he will allow it. “What I said at breakfast is that there is only one reference of the Grimtormia Tower, that was in the now sunken island and city of Griferlatias.”

“The same one that tablet was found and the crystal came from, that the third thing to circle back to...” Shining Armor said seeing a pattern forming. “What was the reference?”

Alpha was curious about it too. “That it a structure that can not be found, it has to find you.”

“What?” They all said together, followed by Gallus. “Your serious? How does a tower find you!?”

“Wish I knew...” Greystorm look to the setting sun. “I really wish I could answer that nephew...”

Shining Armor spoke up. “Best not to dell on it at the moment, how about we play some cards while we wait for the gala to start since we all ready to go?” Shining using his magic to bring up a deck of cards.

Gale gave a warm smile. “Yes! I like to play!”

“Sure why not.” Gallus shrugged.

Greystorm smiled. “I'm game.”

Alpha turn away looking back out to the castle grounds not saying a word, the wolf left in deep thought over his new adjusted position serving his young lord, never in a million years he ever thought to be in such a position such as this.


In another room at a different part of the castle Celestia, Luna, Cadance and Nightingale putting on their dresses, doing their manes and feathers in front of a mirror each. Gilda on the other talon had already put on her shirt, jacket and tie on, she was standing by a window watching them take forever.

Gilda was expecting chit-chatting among the four of them, yet there was almost nothing spoken about among them at all, she gathered it was from the events of the breakfast that lead to this silences.

Luna and Celestia got up walking up to the window, they started to summon their magic through horn and talons, they started the process of day into night. “You dweebs seriously need to get over this, the way things been in the last three months you should be use to all this weirdness.”

Nightingale drunk a bit of tea as her talons shook a little with the cup vibrating a bit, the tea swishing around. “E-even we find this tower and da-”

Celestia put her talon over the right foreleg causing the shaking to stop. “We will cross that bridge together when it comes to it okay?”

Nightingale nod. “O-Of course...”

Greystorm swallowed the toast he was chewing on. “The tower was only mentioned in Griferlatias ruins, that was completely destroyed over a few years or so ago when the island went under the sea due to a ancient trap left in it.”

Gilda finished off the last of her pancakes. “So only Grifiax Boreas's home had details on the that Grimtormia Tower?”

Yes, unless King Grover left anything on how he found the tower.” Greystorm stated.

How about we just focus on the stupid gala, it tonight right?” Gilda asked.

It is but-”

Princess, can you figure out Alpha over there, or even where that tower is before tonight?” Gilda directly asked.

Alpha spoke up. “I wish to know as well, can you figure out if I can get back into my Lord's mind?”

Luna lower her head. “No I haven't, nor I will try to figure out how to find the Tree of Elysium to acquire the Dream Crystal, I only hope that Avatar knows what I am about to say... Never use that crystal again or even offer it to me, it too dangerous. If it can't be destroyed, hide it, bury it, toss it into a void that nothing can even dare to use it ever again!”

Luna using her magic to raise the moon, Celestia using her magic through the talon to lower the sun. “Sister Gilda does have a point, we are experiencing a continuous chain of strange events, yet more to come.”

Celestia lower her talon onto the ground. “Yes that is true, but I am curious how the nobles or even Twilight would react to my new appearance.”

Gilda coughed. “Trollestia.”

Nightingale walked up to them all set for the Grand Galloping Gala. “Mum, you serious didn't tell any of the ponies to pass word out about your sudden change in appearance outside the castle?”

Celestia gave a beaky smirk. “Indeed my little Nightingale, the gala tend to get so boring, why not spice it up from the get go?”

“Now I can see why Gilda keep calling you there, you really are a troll aunty.” Cadance laughed.

Gilda saw that the ice was breaking. “Now this is more like it.” Gilda clapped her talons together rubbing them. “Now how lame you think this gala going to be?”

Cadance and Nightingale looked at each of them. “With mum as a griffon, I, you and the others attending, I say we going to cause some chaos with those that about to attend.” Nightingale said with a smile. “I been to many in the Inverse Reality and they was pretty lame, Inverse mum made me attend every single one of them.” She shot a look at Celestia. “One thing you got in common.”

Celestia shook her head. “This be my first with you Nightingale, but we will make this a yearly thing.” Celestia walk to the door using her magic to open the door. “Shall we?”

Luna's ears twitch. “It seem we got a musical number.”

Gilda rolled her eyes. “That what we needed, some random burst into song moment.” Gilda walked by them, the rest follow.


Gallus heard the music and singing. “What the heck is that?” He got up from card game, the rest put the cards down following him outside of the tower sanctuary, they followed the source of the sound.

“That would be a random breaking into song.” Shining answered.

Gale point out to the main entrance of the castle. “There look!”

Alpha narrow his gaze with the one eye to see the ponies singing, his ears twitch to the words spoken. “They saying 'at the gala' and each of the mares are speaking of what they going to do, also about dreams coming true.” He blinked a few times. “Is this normal?”

“Yes.” Greystorm said. “Come let's go-”

Gale points to the Wonderbolts flying with the fireworks going off. “Look it Spitfire!”

“Yep there she is.” Shining chuckled. “Come let's go on in and find Gilda, she your sticking with while wondering around in the Gala afterall.”

“Yes, let's go!” Gale walk to the stairwell with the others all descend down it one by one.

Alpha last to follow them down glance back at the balcony. “I really wished it was Blue and not me...” He grumbled and soon followed them down as the song and music came to a end.

And with that the Grand Galloping Gala has begun.

PreviousChapters Next