• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,306 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,306

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 77 – An Unexpected Guests

Author's Note:

Well the results came in and the results are.


Which of these are the unexpected guest(s)?

Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers - 1 votes / 3%
Voyager crew (Star Trek) - 3 Votes / 9%
Nick and Judy (Zootropolis) - 5 Votes / 14%
Mass Effect (Normandy Crew) - 3 Votes / 9%
Twelfth Doctor and Clara Osward (Doctor Who) - 0 Votes / 0%
30-30 (Brave Star) - 2 Votes / 6%
Ash, Brock, May, Max and Piakchu (Pokemon) - 3 votes / 9%
Digimon Tamers (Digimon Season 3) - 1 Votes / 3%
Po and Furious Five (Ku-Fu Panda) - 6 Votes / 17%
Hiccup and Toothless (How to Train your Dragon) - 7 Votes / 20%
SG1 (Star Gate) - 2 Votes / 6%
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles (Sonic X) - 2 Votes / 6%

Total Votes: 35


It was interesting making this chapter for sure, I had decided on what Hiccup and Toothless I aimed for in this chapter, things in the realm of dreams has gotten interesting and also solved one of Gale's problems.

What it is? Well read away!

Love to hear your comments as always!
Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 77 – An Unexpected Guests

High in the Dream Cavern a platoon above over looking a good amount of the cavern land below, on top of it was a rectangular battlefield, a stands to the left of it. Sitting on the stands watching Blue and Alpha spar with each other were the three griffons, Gale, Gallus and Gabby.

Gallus threw some popcorn into his beak chowing on it with excitement in his facial expression, the two anthropomorphic guardians exchange blows and blocks with staffs, kicks and punches. “This is so cool to watch! Look at them go! I know it a spar but this! It nothing I couldn't pull ever! Look at those twists, kicks, punches with those blocks! How do they even do it without really hurting each other a lot!?”

“I don't like fighting but this is AWESOME to watch!” Gabby agreed. “It almost like watching a performance!”

Gale drunk a bit of his smoothie. “Now you like the dream sharing?” Gale smirked at Gallus as Alpha and Blue continue to train.

“Seeing this dream share place and this! I have to say it awesome!” Gallus threw his forelegs up. “And you say we will remember this no matter what?”

Gale nodded. “Yeah, it the weird thing about dream magic, you tend to remember the dream in almost every detail.” Gale answered.

Gabby put her foreleg around his back, giving a sidewards hug. “I love it! It so beautiful and cool! As if I am really here!” She move her free foreleg around to the view before them.

Blue does a jump with three kicks that Alpha blocked with his hand paws, in return he give a punch followed by a spin kick, Blue using his hand paw to block the punch followed by the arm, they grinning at each other as they push off to go again.

Suddenly the large crystal that gave light to the cavern turned red, the whole cavern given a orangey red appearance, the sparing stopped and Blue quickly leaped over to the edge of the platoon looking around, he closed his eyes with dreadlocks raised as he point a forepaw out.

Dream Randomiser unauthorized arrival. Alpha 002 protocol activated, Dream Cavern has been locked down from the rest of the Dream and Waking Realm. Proceed to Safe Zone Alpha imminently, Dream Guardian protect priority 001, 008. 011 with imminent effect.”

“Wh-what the heck!?” Gallus dropped the bag of popcorn looking around. “What is a Dream Randomiser and what did that female voice say about locked down!?”

Gale showed he was worried. “Something arrived through it! I put that in place encase of something like this might happen, it was suggested by Blue from the nightmare event I had through it.” Gale quickly flew up to Blue. “Blue do you sense who ever it is?”

Yes, it just left the waterfall entrance, it is one massive life force.” Blue informed him. “We must take you and the others to the safe zone at once.” Gale nodded. “Alpha with me, we got to get them to safety at once and deal with this threat.”

“Got it boss, Lord Gale this way.” Alpha grabbed his mallet waving for the griffons to follow.

Gabby noticed something black when looking over the edge moving fast. “I saw it!” She pointed.

“I know! Now get moving!” Alpha grabbed her by the foreleg pulling her to follow him. “More time we chit-chat the more time whatever it is to find you three! What matters is getting you to safety!”

They quickly followed Blue and Alpha down the path heading into the forest. “Why aren't we flying?” Gallus asked as they ran.

Because whatever it is can fly, I been sensing it movement through the life force it giving out.” Blue answered.

“I thought this was suppose to be a dream, why not just wake up!?” Gallus said loudly as the guardians turn at a cross road path in the forest to the left, the griffons following. “I mean what harm can something invading a dream can be?”

You just answered your own question Master Gallus.” Blue said glancing back before focusing on the life force moving around.

Gallus realised what he meant. “You mean this thing could do something and harm me for real!?”

“Only if something invades the dream!” Alpha confirmed. “And that has to be very powerful on Lady Luna or Lord Gale's level of magic!”

“That mean it good it happening here right?” Gabby said with worry and hope.

Yes, the fact it here, it trapped.” Blue came to a sliding stop with forepaw raised. “It coming this way, everyone hide in the brush and trees now!” They quickly split up to the left and right hiding in the brush to the trees.

They hid and waited.

Blue closed his eyes keeping track of the aura life force as it got closer, he could see it was almost on top of them coming down to path, it landed and closed in on them. “Only you all can hear me now, the life force is coming into view any moment.” They watched the path from their hiding places.

Coming into view was a black dragon to their surprise on all fours and walking by it was a skinny armoured and clothing wearing biped with a fake foot on the leg. “That's the threat? Some weird dragon and whatever that thing is?” Gallus whispered to Alpha.

Blue closed his eyes scanning them with his aura abilities. “Together they share a very similar aura, as if it one.”

“Giving the illusion of one big life force.” Alpha whispered under his breath. “That dragon got a fake tail fin on the end of the tail, including that outfit it wears, I say that skinny one is it rider.”

Agreed, still wait for them to pass and we will deal with them after getting Master Gale and the others to safety.” Alpha nodded in view of Blue to confirm the plan.

The warning came out again.

Dream Randomiser unauthorized arrival. Alpha 002 protocol activated, Dream Cavern has been locked down from the rest of the Dream and Waking Realm. Proceed to Safe Zone Alpha imminently, Dream Guardian protect priority 001, 008. 011 with imminent effect.”

“There that weird female voice again bud, any clue where she is?” The dragon greenish yellow eyes shift around, it shook it head in response.

Blue noticed something about their aura, he had a hunch and had to take it. “Alpha keep them safe, I am going to engage, if they fight back, get them to the safe zone while I keep them distracted.” Alpha nodded in response, the griffons getting ready to move, Blue formed a sphere of energy over one of his forepaws.

Gabby gasped. “Wh-what is that?” She whispered.

“That a sphere of aura.” Gale whispered back. “Blue picked up on that new trick a few days ago.”

The biped pat the dragon on the head gentle. “Alright Toothless le-” Suddenly the blue sphere slam in the ground in front of them, they quickly jump back looking around for the attacker.

You do not need to look.” They heard in their heads, the pair of eyes turn to Blue stepping out from behind a tree, with another hovering over his paw. “You two are trespassing, I am the guardian of Dream Cavern and that was your only warning.” Toothless bared his teeth at Blue.

The biped raise his hands waving them quickly. “Whoa whoa whoa, easy there... Erm... Whatever you are. We came here by mistake! This is why we are here!” He pulled out from the pouch a sphere, the dragon glance at him with a humpth seeing that his friend was going the talk out of fighting route, he just sat on his hunches with grunting grumble.

Blue's eyes locked on it, so did Gale's and Alpha's, they knew what it was. “That's a Dream Cavern Recall Sphere, how are you in procession of it?”

“This thing came crashing through the roof of my home a week ago, hit me square on the head.” The biped put the sphere down on the ground, he than removed the helmet. “Are you telling us that we no longer in Berk but in another location in the world?”

Simply put it, yes you are in another location.” Blue responded calmly letting the sphere fizzy out into nothing putting is paw hand to his side, his hunch was right. “I am Blue, a jackal diamond dog, the Dream Guardian of Dream Cavern.” Blue introduced himself to them.

The biped looked to Toothless and back to Blue. “So, that it? We good? Just like that?”

You and the dragon Toothless have some no ill-tent, no actions that respond to deadly force, the fact your aura as you spoke never shifted showed you are telling the truth.” Blue calmly responded walking around them. “Your buddy trusted your judgement did he not?”

He looked over to the black dragon and back to Blue. “Guess you got a point there, well... My name is Hiccup and I'm a Viking.” He put the gloved hand out to Blue.

Blue calmly put his paw hand against his. “Welcome to Dream Cavern, even it wasn't a intended trip.”

Hiccup chuckled lightly. “No it wasn't, that sphere is surely something.” He took a closer look at Blue, seeing the spikes on the chest and wrist tops, the sharp slitted red eyes, the wolf like face with fur mask mix with blue and black, the four dreadlocks, the fur like shorts were a weird appearance.

You seem to be studying my appearance.”

Hiccup let go. “I am, I just never seen anything like you before.”

Most likely never see another like me, just like we never see another dragon like Toothless.” Blue picked up the sphere tossing it over to Hiccup, he caught it.

Hiccup fiddled around with the sphere in his hands. “You got a point there Blue.” He looked over the sphere. “How exactly did it bring us here?” He got a raised eye brow expression from Blue. “Not that I want to recreate it or anything.”

That would be up to Master Gale to tell, he is the one that created the recall sphere in the first place, I am simply the guardian of him and this place.” Blue answered.

The alarm voice spoke again.

Dream Randomiser unauthorized arrival. Alpha 00-

Suddenly it cuts off the reddish orange colour disappears and replaced by normal lighting from the crystal high above, Gale used a control to reset the security system. “That's it? The BIG so called threat is just some lame skinny creature, and some so called scary black dragon!?” Gallus points out to them as he come out of hiding.

The dragon snorts in disapproval.

Hiccup points at Gallus. “You spoke with a beak! And what the heck are you!?”

“Of course I speak! And I am a griffon!” He lands on all fours looking up slightly at Hiccup.

“Grif-what?”

“Griffon.” Gallus half growled. “And why are you surprised I am speaking with a beak!?”

Hiccup walked around Gallus, with a hand under his chin, with a finger just under his lip with a thoughtful expression, Toothless tilt his head with curiosity and Blue with caution watched. “Well, one thing you stand on fours like Toothless, you have talons and paws, wings, tail and-” He noticed the face showing annoyance. “Eyes, facial and very flexible beak with-” He saw them. “Teeth?”

“Yeah? So your walk on two, not the first thing I saw that walk on two, your just way skinner than them.” Toothless nodded in agreement. “The dragon gets it.” Gallus smirked.

Hiccup turn to Toothless. “Geez, thanks a lot buddy.” He gave a toothless smile. “You can smile too, guess being naked is the norm for you?”

“Naked? I have fur and feathers you idiot! Your the naked one with that skin exposed!” Gallus snapped at him, pointing at the exposed skin. “You need to wear that stupid stuff cause your overly exposed!”

“What of the dragons?” Gabby said sitting on top of Toothless. “He got scales, under it not skin, it muscle.” Toothless was surprised at first seeing she was on his back, he was confused how she managed it too, but soon that melted away when she slowly moved the talon over the grain of the scales, Toothless groans with happiness from the talons scrapping against it. “Ooo you like that do you?” He nodded with the folk tongue hanging out with a satisfied expression.

Hiccup turn around seeing Gabby on top of Toothless. “Another griffon?” He noticed she was different in colour and shape of the beak, including seeing some feathers tied to the back of her head. “Your female and you tie your feathers back?”

“Yep! I am Gabby and the hair-band is more a fashion sense for me, I like having my head feathers tied back.” Gabby giggled. “Oooo you liking that are you?” Toothless flop to his side, she hooped off and gave him a tummy scratch with her talons, his hind leg kicking out.

Hiccup rubbed his hand over the hair. “Well this is certainly one of the weirdest days I ever had, never thought I see Toothless warm up to anyone that quickly.”

“Oh that just Gabby, she super friendly and cheerful, if anyone can warm up to anyone it be her, she just keep trying to no end.” Gallus said crossing his forelegs sitting on his hunches. “Even when every single griffon slam a door in her face or tell her to get lost in Griffonstone.”

Hiccup glance over to the blue griffon. “Griffonstone? A whole town fall of your kind?”

“Yep and you try to go there, they most likely pretend to be nice.” He does airquotes with the talons. “And drain you of everything you own till you got nothing of value then see you as nothing worth their time.”

“That a bit harsh isn't it?” Gallus shrugged in response.

Gale came out with Alpha. “I only recently got there and that the sense of feeling I been getting.” Gale said flying up to him with a talon out to Hiccup. “I'm Gale!”

Hiccup took off his glove and put his hand against Gale's talon shaking it. “Your Master Gale? You sound like a child.”

“I am a cub, guess that mean child, so yeah I am!” Gale smiled warmly. “So is Gallus, the only adults is Blue, Alpha and Gabby!”

“She a adult? But she a little taller than you, are you all this small?” He looked around.

Gale rubbed the underside of his beak with the other talon. “Never thought about that, mum and some of the others are, but most adults are a little bigger than me and Gallus, just thought that normal, guess other races are different in size.” Gale shrugged.

Hiccup still holding the talon took a good look at the scales. “The claws match the talon colour, the texture feels gritty yet warm to the touch as if it skin, feathered fur mix covering the upper parts...” He let go of the talon. “Sorry I studied dragons of all kinds, I never seen anything like your like ever.”

Gale smiled warmly. “It fine.” Gale reviled the sphere. “I am sorry that my sphere caused all this mess in the first place though.”

“It fine, accidents happen, just make sure not to lose it again, okay? Or next time it might not be as friendly as we are.” Hiccup said with a smile of his own. “I wouldn't mind getting home though.”

Gale nodded. “Sure! Maybe we can visit?”

Hiccup looked over to Toothless. “What do you think buddy?” He nodded happily. “It seem Toothless like it, sure thing.”

Gallus frowned. “Seriously? We just had a scare for no reason and now we thinking about going on some adventure to this Berk place?”

“Aww come on Gallus! You never left Griffonstone till now!”

“I am still in-” Gallus paused for a moment, Gabby made some strange sense, even they are asleep this felt real and they were kind of not in Griffonstone. “Urg! Your right! This is the first time out of town, might as well make it a second.” He rolled his eyes. “Can't have you lot have all the fun.”

Blue frowned. “Master Gale, the reason this happened was because of the Grogar event you went through, I advise caution.”

“Blue this might be the way of fixing my machine! We can have random adventures again!” Gale said back.

That is true and I can not argue with that fact, but I still advise caution.”

Alpha stepped up. “I am coming Lord Gale.”

Hiccup stared at him. “Wow your a talking wolf that has hands....”

Alpha glared. “You got something against me talking!?”

“N-n-no not at all! I mean it cool! You even wear clothing like me!”

“Of course I do, even with fur my culture sees it as tabo.” He looked at Blue, Gale, Gallus and Gabby. “Even to their culture it isn't, each are their own as the young lord stated.” Alpha looked into Hiccup's eyes. “That why I am coming, we have no knowledge of how others will react to us, I rather be there to protect Lord Gale and the others if things get nasty.” He poked him a few times in the chest.

“Fair point.” Hiccup step back a few steps. “Your really scary.”

Alpha smirked. “Good.” He walk by. “I'll be at the Randomiser waiting.”

Gale waved. “See you there!” Gale warmly smiled. “Ooo this is going to be so much fun! Going on another dream adventure!” He turned his head. “Nightingale and Gilda are asleep! I can get them to tag along too! Be right back!” Gale using his talon to create a door, he opened it and walked inside. “Maybe I could get Spike to come to-”

The door closed and vanished before Hiccup and Toothless, they staring with their jaws hanging. “So that how he does it! That so AWESOME!” Gabby said with glee.

Suddenly a new door appears and Luna rush through it closing behind. “What is going on in here!? I sensed a strong defensive dream magical shield placed around Dream Cavern! Where is my nephew!?”

Hiccup muttered a mix of confusing words seeing the Alicorn, she saw him. “I-What-door-appearing-disappearing-”

Luna's horn glows. “Where is my nephew!?” She ready to engage Hiccup and Toothless.

The dragon bears his teeth shifting his body ready to engage this creature, Hiccup drew his fire sword ready to fight too, seeing one about to happen fast. “I don't know what you are lady, but I haven't done anything to this nephew of yours!”

Blue quickly leap between them with both hand paws up. “Mistress Luna, please allow me to explain! Before you actions are rash! And Stand down Hiccup and Toothless, this is a fight you will not win, guaranteed!” Blue's telepathic thoughts made both sides paused.

“That seriously went off the rails...” Gallus muttered under his breath.

For Blue this was a relief, now came explaining what has happened in the short ten minutes that had past, the short ten minutes for so much in the realm of dreams to spiral out of control.

PreviousChapters Next