• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,229 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,229

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 61 – The World of Cloudsdale Part Two

Author's Note:

Worked how to do this just right not to conflict with Gale's story and finally after a dozen or so tries I got it how I feel it should work.

Also here is a picture of our changeling Octicovix, finally made a year later lol.

Final chapter of Pieces is to come or if it doesn't work out as I planned two chapters.

Hope you all enjoy the story, love the comments and feedback to continue to improve the story!

Stay healthy and safe all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 61 – The World of Cloudsdale Part Two

Flying with guard escort, Gilda leads Gale and Celestia through out Cloudsdale guiding them to a restaurant, Celestia looked around seeing ponies stop in day to day lives quickly bowing to her and Gale, she never been to this part of the cloud city and now flying right over row after row of houses with one of these houses catching her attention, she saw a short rainbow mane cut stallion using a cloud cutter trimming down the clouds in his lawn.

“I always wondered what everyday life of Cloudsdale were like, it interesting to see something that look like a grass cutter being used on clouds, guess they like grass to residents of Cloudsdale.” Celestia said with a very curious interested voice.

Gilda glance back for a second before keeping a eye where she was flying. “Your like over 1000 years and you NEVER been in areas like this?”

Celestia rolled her eyes. “Yes Gilda, there are some things I princess doesn't always get time to do when dealing with mayors, nobles and events on a daily bases.”

“It just took taking in Gale to give you some breathing room huh?” Gilda chuckled.

Gale look over to Celestia as she answers. “It one of the new perks that came up, but I took him in cause I cared for him deeply, I care for him as a son more and more as th-”

“Gotcha!” Gilda squawked.

Gale laughed. “Mum trollestiaed back!”

Celestia laughed too. “Oh I feel deep into that one, nice going Gilda and keep a eye out cause I will get you back.”

“Oh I know it!” Gilda smirked seeing what she was looking for. “Here we are! The Cloud 999 Restaurant!” They all saw what came to Gale's mind in a instant a classic American car restaurant, it long with a curved roof, with a door in the back, side and front, it had a big neon sign saying Cloud 999 on it with bars of unlit neon lights running along the roof rim. “The best restaurant of Cloudsdale! Gressy, tasty and cheap as heck! But a really awesome place buzzing with more energy than a stuck up rich snoop can ever have!”

Celestia comes to a landing near the building, the smells coming from it made her stomach grumble instantly and Gale licked his beak pointing to it. “Smell good, we in?”

“Well my stomach says yes, so our trip here would be a waste other wise.” Celestia walking up to it as the guards land and take station in different areas around the restaurant. “This rich snoop thank you for bring us here.”

Gilda give a thumbs up. “Nice come back.” The griffon walk up to the door putting her talon on the glass to push it open and walk inside, the music coming out of it very lively and upbeat.

A white Pegasus stallion wearing a red hat over his orange mane and wearing a red apron turn to see Gilda with a big warm smile. “Well look at what the kitty cat dragged it!”

“Hey Bucket, still cooking ya best?”

“Oh ya know it Kitty!” They bang hoof to talon fist. “Where ya been? It been years since I seen ya!”

Gilda shrugged. “Home, friendship breakup, working as a teacher during the week and selling scones on a weekend, just busy I guess you dork.”

The Pegasus laughs. “Ya a teacher? I don't believe it.”

Gilda hints to the door as Celestia and Gale enters. “Oh believe it Tipper.”

Tipper looked surprised for a second but turn to a big grin. “Well isn't this a surprise! Princess Celestia, the co-ruler of our fair nation in my little wagon of a restaurant of all places! I bet Kitty had a talon in that didn't she?”

Celestia walk up to him with a smile in return as she responds. “Kitty hmm? I have to keep that one in mind for now on.” Gilda rolled her eyes with a smirk seeing Celestia ready to fire on that. “As for being here it is, Gilda did and our stomachs agree to her bring us.”

“That Princess ya don't underestimate, the best way into love of food is in ya stomach! Come on in take a seat pick up the menu and good ol' Stormbringer will be there to get ya order! Just remember to pay ya bill, no freebe from me!” He salutes with a wing and walk off behind the counter. “Oi Peanut we got hunger customers about to order up keep those grills clean and ready for fresh amazingly quality food that we best known for ya hear!”

Gale tug on Celestia's wing. “Mum, he like Joe!”

Celestia lift Gale up with her wing as he hold onto it. “That he does little one.” She tap her hoof against his beak getting a laugh from him, she put him back down on all fours. “Table seat?”

“Yay!” Gale rush over to the fair side one quickly sitting down on the long red seat on one side of the table.

“Pretty dope right?”

“Indeed... Dweeb.”

Gilda right eye twitch a little. “No, just no dweeb, that disturbing and doesn't sound right coming from you Celestia.” Gilda walk up to the seat sitting down by Gale.

Celestia rubbed the hoof under her snout. “I guess that didn't pan out as I thought it would.”

“Never does.” Celestia turn to see Spitfire sitting on a stall with Soarin wearing their flight suits. “Hello Princess, funny seeing you here of all places.”

“Never cross my mind till you have a griffon that witty and good at her come backs with a heart of care to my son.” Celestia hints to Gilda.

Soarin eating his pie licked parts off his muzzle swallowing. “We here cause no one treat us like Wonderbolts, we just regular good ponies here, it refreshing!”

Celestia walk by them. “I believe that how Tipper from what Gilda calls him spoke to me, I find that very refreshing seeing some of my subjects treat me not as their princess but a pony that she is, I will leave you two to eat, but expect Gale to say hi if he notices you.” Celestia winks.

“We be waiting for that!” Spitfire gave a hoof salute going back to eating her meal with Soarin.

Celestia sits down at the table picking up the menu with her magic. “Simple section, quick to order now this is what I am talking about!” Celestia praised seeing she could order in no time.

“What can I say? I know my places.” Gilda chuckled. “Even though this was one of my fav places to go to with Dash, I did have second thoughts but can't let what happened to us effect the best times we had, I and Dash spent plenty times getting our meals here, we listen to awesome music and play that rigged claw game we always lost at.” She give a thumb point over to the machine by the toilet door near a side glass door out of the restaurant.

Gale show Celestia on the menu what he want to eat and drink. “This, this.”

“You want to try and win a plush from it don't you?” Celestia took notice of what he wanted and made a small bag of bits apper with magic, she give it to him. “Go have fun Gale, just leave your bag and plush with Gilda okay?”

“Okay!” Gale give his bag pulling out his self plush. “Lucky me plush!”

Gilda quickly took it from him getting a surprise squawk. “No, that plush interfers with magic, that machine runs on it so it wouldn't work.”

Gale thought about it and sighs. “Oh my magic make other magic not work well...”

“Yeah your does but not as much as this guy.” Gilda hold up the plush. “Don't worry I got it covered.” She pull out of her bag his Pistol plush. “Use him for good luck.”

“Oooooo Yay!” He grab it and rush off over to the machine.

Gilda put the plush beside her on the seat. “Nicely done.” Celestia praised for Gilda.

“What can I say? This lame griffon got brains.” She chuckled. “Now let's see if Tipper got it still.” She poke the menu. “There is it, good he still got the classic.”

Gale walk up to the machine seeing a coin slot with a red knob on a stick attached to it, through the glass was a pile of plushes and a metal claw above a open part leading into a push door. “Ooo, Pistol we win right?” He made it nod. “Okay, Spitfire plush!” He put the coin in, the machine stick works.

Gale attempts to move it over the Spitfire plush, pressing the red button by it the claw lowers and take it to have the plush fall from it grip. “No go, try again!” Gale goes for it again and again spending another set of bits to get nothing. “No fair, claw grab!”

Gale tries again and again for what seem forever till someone speaks up.

“I know that feeling all too well sweetie, you reach and grab something, than it ripped right out of your talons.” Gale turn and look up to see a reddish orange griffon wearing a blue jeans like jacket on, with the most crazy amount of feathers going all over the place on her head he ever seen, something about this and the green eyes reminded him of something, but couldn't quite get hold of that memory.

“Hi!” He waved to her. “You turn?”

The female griffon look over to the machine and back to him. “Hmm, aren't you a sweet thing, letting a grif like me to take a turn.” She look over the machine and pull out something from her pocket, Gale curiously watched as she press it against the machine before putting it away, not quite telling what it was. “Now let's see if I still got it.” She put the coin in and watch her move the claw over Spitfire plush, it goes down and pick it up.

The claw move over and drop it over the box, Gale sighs in disappointment but give a defeated shrug, “Win some, lose some, oh well.” Gale turn to head back to the table to feel a tug on his tail, with a small yelp he quickly turn his front around a bit to see the female griffon holding his tail.

“Sometimes you need to lose to win.” She let go of his tail and toss the plush over to him, he caught it seeing a bag of bits tied to it. “Go and give it another go sweetie.”

“Bits yours, no want.” He protest to accept the coins.

She put a claw against the tip of his beak. “Shhh, accept the gift little one and I see you got a Pistol plush, you really like the comics?” Gale nods as she still kept the claw press against the tip of his beak, he looking cross eye at it now. “Well promise me to give a friend a message?.” She remove the claw.

Gale rubbed the tip of beak, feeling confused. “Erm... Why promise?” He gave a curious look as he asked the question.

“A very good question and here is your answer. Sweetie.” She pull out of a pouch strapped from her belt a strange looking object with a blue book placing it in his talon, she leans in and whispers into his ear. “Also do not read this till you read your comics okay?”

He looked very confused. “Very confused... But promise guess...” He mumbles.

“Sweetie, I am sure you can see something that no one else can see.” She put both talons on either looking at him directly, he look into her eyes and back at the two objects.

Gale saw something for a second but he felt a strange sense of familiarity of them. “Feeling if do...”

“Yes.” She slyly responded.

“How know you somewhere, don't understand... Why?”

“Spoilers.” She rubbed his feathered head. “Now I'll got places to be, ruins to-” She about to leave but Gale grabbed her talon with his. “Young prince-”

Gale turn his head. “Mum! Look friendly griffon!”

Celestia peer around the corner. “Well isn't this a wonderful surprise, good to see you again RS, come join us for some lunch, my treat!” Celestia offered with a wing to the empty spot.

RS could see Gale's wasn't going to let go unless she agreed. “Who am I to denine a paid lunch from a friend?”

Gale let go happily walking up to the table sitting by Gilda as RS sits beside Celestia. “She gave me blue book, thing and plushy with bits to play more plushy machine!” Gale showed them the plush and items he was given.

Gilda staring at the feathered head. “Something you like to say sweetie?”

Gilda raise a eye brow. “Sweetie?” Gilda got a chilly stare from RS, she felt a mental shudder and responds. “That the most insane mess of feathers on a griffon's head I ever seen and dweeb...”

“Yes?”

“That pretty awesome, that commitment to have something that crazy.” Gilda chuckled. “How ya think I got these awesome feathers on my head to be out like this?” Gilda point to her head with a smirk.

Gale tilt his head. “Feather head, I have when wake.”

Celestia responds. “And they are very beautiful feathers you have Gale.” Gale gave a happy squawk. “Now... What trouble have you caused this time in your archaeological digs?”

RS pull up a menu. “Oh nothing too serious, been away from the field creating something lovely with my husband.” She slyly replies to the princess.

“Uh huh...” Celestia didn't look convinced. “Son, I like to meet the only other griffon that give me headaches, RS works for Equestrian Archaeological department and has a tendency to cause more trouble than they are worth at times, the results however is the reason she still has a official status and to annoy the nobles to no end which I also give her positive marks on.”

RS laughed. “What can I say? I am good at what I do.”

“Sound like a awesome dorky egghead that know how to tick off the snoops, you got my approval.” Gilda gave her a thumbs up.

RS turn to her. “And I accept it.” She put her talon out over the table to Gilda, she in turn shakes it. “Now, what am I to order?” She pick up the menu to take a look.

Gale curiously looking at Gilda. “Sweetie Gilda?” Gale blurted out tilting his head.

“You had to say that didn't ya? You dweeb!” Gilda now glaring at RS.

RS eyes peer over the menu and gives a wink to Gale getting a cheerful squawk from him back.

Celestia took a sip some of her tea. “This lunch got a bit more lively.”

“Oh definitively, Trollestia.” Gilda's glare vanished to giving a smile hearing RS say it out loud getting a chocking cough from Soarin, Spitfire patting his back, Celestia not showing any emotional reaction and Gale not finding it much humorist now.

“We have to hang out sometime.” Gilda laughed.

“Oh we have to and watch us turn heads.” RS laughed too.

Celestia shook her head. “Children... What are we going to do about them Gale?” He shrugs not sure how to even think of a answer to what his mum just said, Gale taking the glass before him drinking some of the soda within as the two female griffons continue to laugh.

Gale glance past Gilda to the window looking at the stadium in the distance, he grew curious about the Young Flyers Competition that was about to start in a short time, this was going to be the first official event for a unofficial prince and he left in wonder on what this meant to him.

PreviousChapters Next