• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,293 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
63
 1,560
 14,293

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 62 – The World of Cloudsdale Part Three

Author's Note:

Took a bit of thought to create scenes through the side away from what was happening and happened during the competition, I figured it out and kept the cannon for the most part together with a interesting twist.

Love to hear your comments as always!

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 62 – The World of Cloudsdale Part Three

The Cloudsdale Arena were full of Pegasi ready for the Young Flyer's Competition to begin including three non-pegasus ponies, they out ready to support Rarity and Rainbow Dash, a light purple pony Pegasus on a cloud raising up into the air wearing a black and white shirt wearing a headset with a mic wearing sunglasses speaks.

“Filles and gentlecolts! Please raise and join me welcoming our beloved Princess Celestia, her son Prince Gale and Griffoness Gilda of Griffonstone!” He raised his hoof up and on cue they glide down from above, with them were two white stallion guards and female orange-cream guard with Equestrian theme music playing, they all land at the royal box.

Gale hearing the cheers looking around at those eyes all on them, he saw Celestia waving her hoof at them, he nerviously waved his talon too, Gilda saw Rainbow Dash looking at their direction and gave her a thumbs up.

The light purple pony announcer speaks out once more. “Please welcome our celebrity guest judges for the Best Young Flyer's Competition!” He stands on his hind legs with one foreleg up in the air with wings spread. “The Wonderbols!” They fly in with grey cloud smoke trailing behind them, they stop it and line up in a single file flying up high in the sky, they spin around each other closing into a very tight spin.

Gale watch as they broke away in three one way and three the other with magical fireworks explosion, he could see as they flew away through the star sparkles left behind the Wonderbolt symbol, he was amazed how they pulled off that stuff with their Pegasi magic and he cheered happily at the display with all the ponies, Gilda just smirked seeing Rainbow Dash giving her fan glee at the display.

“That is so her with the Wonderbolts.” Gilda whispered with a soft chuckle as the Wonderbolts took their cloud seats, three on either side of the royal box.

“And now.” All turn their attention on the announcer once more. “Let's find out who will take the prize as this years Best Young Flyer!”

The contest begun with a cream colour mare with pink mane and tail flew out from the curtains, she started to preform with music playing to her movement, Gale watched with interest as she did twists and turns in the air in rhythm of the music. “Impressive seeing the young flyers preforming isn't it?”

Gale nods. “Yes mum, interesting!” He continue to watch.

As the first one ends the next a light brown stallion with dark brown mane and tail flies out with the music starting, Gilda yawns with a talon over her beak. “He flies good but the music, it really doesn't go with those twists and barrel-rolls his doing.”

Celestia watched the stallion finish up. “I have to concur, the music was a tad too soft and made me feel rather sleepy watching him.”

“Mum, he confusing.”

“That is for certain.” Celestia smiled. “Let's continue to watch shall we?” Gale nods.

As each of the ponies came and went, some stood up to Gale, one of them was number seven the brown stallion with blonde mane and tail doing impressive number of barrel-rolls without getting dizzy from those tight rolls, number 6 Gale liked too with the rapid spin twist from the mare followed by the graceful back flip to land on her hind legs even with the minor many crashes.

Gilda looked over to the curtains. “Where is that dweeb? She should have been out preforming already!”

“The contest is almost over, I am much surprised not seeing Rainbow Dash or Rarity.” Celestia hummed rubbing the underside of her muzzle. “If neither of them preform now they be disqualified, it has happened before when the nerves got the better of them, even the most talented.” Celestia explained.

Gale rubbed his head. “Scared, not perform and... Erm...”

“Disqualified?” Gale nods. “Yes.”

Gilda growls. “Not if I got anything to do with it!” She got up on all fours.

Before Gilda could move Celestia speaks. “If you go down to her it will be seen as playing favourites and see will be disqualified Gilda, all we can do is hope.”

Gilda sat down grumbling. “Fine... I don't like it...”

“Neither do I...” Celestia look over to the curtains. “Specially Rainbow Dash created a Sonic Rainboom around ten years ago.”

Gale tilt his head. “Huh?”

Celestia explains to Gale. “It when a Pegasus travels so fast they not only shatter the sound barrier and go hyper sonic speeds, but create a spectral explosion through their internal magic being released outwards.” Celestia look back to the curtains “I saw that very thing in the sky only moments before Twilight past her example and hatched Spike from his egg.”

“Oooo, like to see!” Gale was keen to see the final performance.

The light purple stallion put his hoof on the headset. “Sorry for the delay fillies and gentlecolts, our final performance is about to start.” He speaks to the crowd. “And now for our final competitor of the day contests number 15-” Rarity comes out after a very nervous and scared Rainbow Dash. “And erm... Number 4?”

Ponies cheering, Gilda staring at Rarity with all the get-up to make up. “This is a performance not some weirdo beauty contest.” Gilda wasn't impressed at all by Rarity's appearance. “That fame of her wings really got into her head big time.”

“It appear so but it seem Rainbow Dash is not holding out very well from the look of things.” Celestia hints to the nervous and scared appearance of the rainbow mane pony.

Gale points. “She like me when we first met.”

“Oh that is for sure, a month has sure flew by hasn't it?”

“Yes mum!” Gale agreed.

The music starts to play. “Oh that dweeb seriously didn't go for the sappy ballerina music!” Gilda put her talons over her head. “Urg...”

They watch as Rainbow Dash tries to do her beginning performance weaving in and out of the cloud pillars as Rarity does Pegasi form of ballerina. “Interesting that you know of it.” Celestia smirked.

Gilda groans. “Just don't ask... It was a phase a long long long time ago!”

“I didn't need to, thank you for answ-” Rainbow Dash bash into the pillar and slam into the stadium wall. “Ooo... That rough...”

Gilda ruffled her feathers. “Dash seriously pull your tail out of your mouth and do something you dork!” Gilda yelled out.

Rarity start to do a spin, Rainbow Dash flies up high to spin around clouds causing one after the other to spin. “Mum...” Gale sees the cloud go off course right at them. “We duck!”

“Duck?” Celestia look down at him than at the incoming cloud.

Gilda quickly takes off hitting it with a closed fist knocking it out of existence. “You lame idiot! Get your act together! Show them the real Dash!”

“Gilda thank you.” Celestia praised the griffon for her actions.

Gilda wave her talon. “It is nothing big, it just a fluffy cloud.” Gilda saw Rarity take off high into the sky. “Rares you dweeb don't go that high! There less atmosphere up there! Those wings won't survive the suns rays!” Rarity doesn't hear her pleas over the music.

Gale gasped. “Mum we stop!”

Celestia nods. “I agree but she is already way up high!” She turn to Spitfire. “Captain!”

Rainbow Dash unaware of events unfolding took high up into the sky ready for her final move.

They watch the two ponies go higher and higher. “Soarin, Fleetfoot with me!” Spitfire takes off with her team.

Just as they did took off the worst came to be and before all their eyes the wings burned away by the power of the sun, Rarity on a rapid fall by passing the Wonderbolts by inches, they take off after her to catch Rarity, but with the screaming and kicking she knock out all three of them.

Gilda open her wings up. “I'm go-” She takes off to get tackled down by Gale, only a spilt second later Rainbow Dash zoomed right by where she would have been. “Whoa talk about cutting it close...” She turn to Gale hugging her tight, she lean over the cloud looking down and Gale did too as he let go of her.

They all in the stadium watch as Rainbow Dash creates a aircone and it explodes with rainbow light the crowd jaws dropped but Fluttershy cheered. “A SONIC RAINBOOM! SHE DID IT! ” She jumped up and down.

But for Gale the moment the rainbow explosion of light hit, a surge of magic from him pass through into Gilda without any of them even noticing it, the world for Gilda changed before her eyes.


Gilda looked around quickly finding herself on a mountain top of some sort, she heard something roaring and fading, turning to the source was some sort of metal winged object in pieces in the snow, parts of it smoking with fires burning and the roaring coming from a large round object on a wing.

What kind of metal beast is this thing?” She walk up to it to the shell tapping it with a talon getting a cling sound from it, that when she heard a voice and followed it.

Before her were some sort of avian by the only thing Gilda could see from the talons on the forelimbs, the rest of the body was shimmering in a whitish blue glow making her shield the eyes from the light with a wing. “Hello Gilda of the flock Clawhowler-”

Gilda put a talon up. “How the heck you know that!? I made sure that part of me is buried!”

Who or what I am not important Gilda, why you are here is.” She walk by Gilda, the griffon growls as she tried to see through the glow that gave this Avian cover. “Come with me and look upon the sun, tell me what do you see?”

Gilda rolled her eyes and followed her through the snow past the wreckage towards the peak of the mountain looking up at the sun. “I s-” She paused seeing a rainbow shimmer effect around and in front of the sun. “What the heck is up with the sun!?”

A piece of history that happened is key to events that the past and future will collide after the day of chaos.”

Gilda watch the sun get obliterated by her own eyes as a rainbow blastwave cross the sky turning everything dark to whitish blue glow, this was caused by the aurora that engulfed the sky. “D-did the sun just explode!?”

The Avian turn around to Gilda. “The Gates of Elysium had opened and that in it path will be consumed.”

That is when Gilda recalled what Celestia told her. “The dying sun...”

Indeed.” Wings come forth from the forelegs opening with talons raised. “The path of the day of Chaos is coming and that is when the Past and Future will collide.” She flap her wings going up high into the sky, Gilda tried to open her wings to follow but they refuse to open, the ground around her and even the air was starting to shake. “Yet the Gates of Elysium were closed and this that once happened a long time ago was the cause and effect, a action of a world's race few that saved so many without even realising it.”

Gilda saw the auroua started to move up and away around her as the shaking got worse causing Gilda to fall, spitting out some snow Gilda saw something bipedal crying in fear holding a plush she knew all too well. “Gale?”

It look over at her, the eyes were his. “Griffon?” He tilt his head blinking with red in his whites of the eyes tears causing the pinkish colour skin to look red and raw.

Gilda walk up to him. “I-” The land around them suddenly ripped to pieces as streams of bluish white cloud ripping through it, she quickly hugged him close to her as he screams. “It be okay... Gale it be okay...”

B-bu-”

Shhh... I got ya bro.” He cried into her feathers grabbing tightly into her feathers with the blunt soft skin claws.

The land around the mountain suddenly ripped upwards with more of the bluish white cloud tearing through it, the roaring sound of it as the air is pulled apart caused Gilda to scream and scream. “Make it stop! MAKE IT-”


Gilda sat up screaming out. “-STOP!” She saw Gale looking very worried and they were in some enclosed private room, she sitting on a couch with Celestia looking over at her, Gale sitting by the bed side. “What the heck ju-gawk!”

Gale jump hugged her tightly. “Gilda wake! Happy!” He nuzzled her chest feathers happy to see she was awake.

“You had us worried Gilda.” Celestia said to her. “You past out right after Rainbow Dash did the Sonic Rainboom saving Rarity and the Wonderbolts.” Celestia put her hoof on Gale. “We kept this on the quiet side and out of the way knowing how much pride you have.”

Gilda looked at her. “Thanks.”

“Gale give her some space.”

“Okay!” He let go with a few flaps landing a few feet away on the cloud. “Happened?”

Gilda rubbed her head. “Not sure... I am trying to remember what just happened but I am getting a big zip! I know it is there but I just can't just put my tongue on it...”

“Hmm... That is odd.” Celestia curiously responded. “For now, take it easy as I got a prize to award Rainbow Dash.”

Gilda leaning against the cloud wall. “Your not getting any argument from me here, I feel wiped.” Gale looked at her with concern. “Give Dash my best and tell her to stop being scared of her own dweeby shadow.”

Celestia smirked. “I will.” Celestia walk away.

Gale gave Gilda a bottle of water. “Drink?”

Gilda took it, opening the lid she drunk some of the water. “Thanks bro, ya a awesome cub.” A tear ran down the side of her feathered face.

Gale blinked tilting his head. “Gilda, happy crying?”

Gilda touch the side of her face pulling the talon away seeing the tear on it. “Guess I am, you really know how to make me sappy don't ya dweeb?” Gale shrugged as he sat down by her and she put a wing over him. “We look out for each other, got it?” She put a pinky claw out to him.

“Got it!” He repeated putting his pinky claw on hers and they hook the pinky claws together with a shake sealing the deal.

“Good, cause that happy crying never happened.”

“What happy crying?” Gale gave a cheeky beaky smile to Gilda and they laughed.


“All that should be, has been...”

PreviousChapters Next