• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,309 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,309

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 98.33: The Shining Jinx

Author's Note:

Time to see what happening at the Grand Galloping Gala!

Love to read your comments as always!

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 98.33: The Shining Jinx

Rainbow Dash tries to talk to Soarin through the massive rumblings of chatter going on around her from more ponies gathering, she couldn't even hear herself it was getting so loud, Spitfire did a hoof gesture across her neck a few times.

Rainbow sighed seeing it was fruitless. “I KNOW IT LOUD, TALKING GOING TO BE DIFFICULT!” Spitfire shouted at Rainbow Dash, she could barely hear the captain of the Wonderbolts.

Gallus wasn't feeling so good as the crowd of ponies grew around him, he got bumped by some and the noise on top causing his heart to race, the blue feathers and fur around his face paled slightly. “Ok-okay keep it together Gallus... Keep it together...” Gallus trying to not freak out as the space around him close in on all directions, he had no room to even open his wings up now.

Gale wasn't doing so well either, he was being bombarded with questions, praises and other things he couldn't hear clearly through all the rumbling of voices, the teen covered his ears with Gilda now growling at them with wings open in threatening display, Alpha also now stood before Gale pushing back some of them.

Sunbeam moved moved in with some of the guards to give Gale space from the ponies. “ALRIGHT BACK UP! LEAVE THE YOUNG PRINCE BE!” She ordered loudly at the ponies.

“HOW CA-” Rainbow Dash didn't even get a word in when Spitfire put her against Rainbow's muzzle, she gesture to Gale and Gallus.

“GALLUS IS HAVING A CLAUSTROPHBIC ATTACK! THE PRINCE NOT SO HOT EITHER! WE NEED TO GET THEM OUT OF HERE!” Spitfire shouted at Rainbow Dash.

“I RECALL THERE A BALCONY OVER THERE!” Rainbow Dash point a hoof, Spitfire nod and quickly go over to Sunbeam, she point to the balcony, the guard nod and gesture to the guards to clear a path, they did so and get them all out, the guards quickly open the doors to the balcony, once they were out, the guards part from Sunbeam all stay inside shutting the doors to keep the crowds away.

Gallus lean over the balcony holding a talon to his chest breathing in and out heavily, sweat rolling down his feathered face, eyes shrunk as Spitfire rubbed his back trying to ease the hyperventilating teenage griffon. Spike, Alpha and Rainbow Dash watched from the balcony closed doors standing in front of them, Sunbeam hovering in the distance watching.

“Easy does it cub, slow deep breaths.” Spitfire said as she continue to rub his back with her hoof.

Gallus' breathing slowing a little. “I-I be alright, I just need air.”

Gale at the same time lean against Gilda feeling a bit better now he was outside, and away from all those ponies that crowded around them.

“Cub you had a claustrophobic attack, your not alright.” Spitfire countered.

Gallus quickly push his wings out to force Spitfire's hoof away, he turn around growling. “I did not!”

Spitfire looked him dead in the eyes. “YES you DID.” Spitfire said sternly to the blue griffon. “I seen it enough times to know one! I had a few squad mates that suffered with it! Rapidfire one of them in fact and that WHY he never come to the Gala and we make sure those that want autographs keep from overcrowding him!”

Gallus tried to show it wasn't, but he could see it wasn't going to work. “FINE! I do! Happy that I admitted it!?”

“Yes, because admitting it is on the way to knowing how to deal with it for future references! If we knew about this before I would of made sure those ponies-” she point to the balcony doors. “Wouldn't have overcrowded around and kept others from knowing, cause I seen what pride and those that wish to act tough can get themselves into!”

Gallus lower his gaze to his paw. “Right...”

Gale spoke up stepping up to them. “Erm... Doing now would erm... erm...”

Alpha speak for Gale. “What Lord Gale is trying to say is that, going back in now to ease it would get them wondering.” Gale nodded.

Spike snap his claws. “I got it! How about Donut Jo's?”

“I like that idea, get away from this dweebish boring garbage of a party, also I don't think Gallus and Gale would like to go back into that Tartarus storm.” Gilda thumb point over her shoulder at the doors. “Dash you have to agree on that one.”

Rainbow rubbed her foreleg over the other. “Well... I did come to it for a reason, but the way it got so loud, chatty and crowded, I don't think anypony I want to talk to can hear me anyway.”

Spitfire smirked. “Well, if the prince want to go, I'll tag along to keep him safe.” She winks at him.

Gale tilt his head wondering why than it clicked in a few seconds afterwards. “Oooooh! I see! Yes I like!”

“Well Spits, how about taking off that flight suit, wearing it will make you stick out like a sour hoof.” Gilda suggested.

Spitfire took it off, she hoof it over to Alpha. “Since you got the bag, how about you stuff this in there?”

Alpha took it. “Very well...” He took it and stuffed the flight suit into the bag.

“So, are we all going?” Gallus asked.

Alpha shrugged. “Wherever Lord Gale goes, I go, part from going into a bathroom before any of you get funny ideas.” Alpha's one eye shift to each of them, they raising claws, talons and hooves up quickly shaking their head. “Spike climb up on my back, I can keep up with them on foot.”

Spike nod and climb up on Alpha's back hugging around his neck. “I'm on.”

“Shall we dweebs?” They all took off from the balcony heading into the city, Alpha leaping off the balcony and follows them.

Rainbow Dash secretly was happy she get to hang out with the Captain of the Wonderbolts away from her team, but she knew the real reason they were going to Donut Jo's were for the two teens benefit from the crowding ponies at the VIP section of the Gala, she was disappointed that it wasn't exactly what she dreamed it would be.


Applejack raise a fritter up with a hoof. “Get ya fritters, come and try them!”

A pony looked at it with disgust, another just walked on by, Applejack step in front of one. “Howdy, ah'm givin' these amazin' treats from mah home, ah wonder if ya like to try one?”

The pony stared at it for a moment. “Why are you offering these out here and not set up on the table with the other food?”

“Ah wanted to keep mah food from bein' not mixed up with them, ah wish to see what ya Canterlot folk think of our home made food, maybe even invest?”

“So it a marketing ploy?”

“Ah'm tryin' to see if ah can expand the fruits of our labour, hard work has it awards ya know.” Applejack said with a smile.

The unicorn looked up at down at her. “So that explains your appearance, you work on the fields.”

“Indeed and proud of mah work there.”

“Well how about you go work there and not try to sell your common food here.” The unicorn snorted and walk away.

Applejack blinked a few times processing what he just said. “Common food!? This is high quality apple baked goods! The best ya ever would try!” The unicorn ignores her continue to walk with his snout raised up high.

Applejack gritted her teeth with annoyance. “What nerve...” Applejack turn to see Rarity and Blueblood. “They wouldn't know good food if it hit them in the face.” Rarity walked up to it with Blueblood. “Hello dear Applejack, how is your evening?”

“Not good...” Applejack turn to Rarity. “I gather ya wouldn't dare try common food from a farm pony that work her tail off too?” Applejack directly said to Blueblood.

Blueblood looked at the display. “Well... This look like food you find in a carnival, I learned from Mayor Greystorm that sometimes the best food is the most simple looking.” Blueblood stated to Applejack. “I will try one of your Apple Fritters.” Applejack quietly gave one to Blueblood.

“Darling I can hear a bit of hesitation in your voice, have you been forcing yourself to be a gentlecolt around me?”

Blueblood let out a heavy sigh. “It been that obvious?”

“Indeed it has, the question is why?” Rarity asked.

He held the fritter on top of his hoof. “Greystorm told me I had to not take advantage of the generosity of mares, and force them away.”

Applejack frowned. “Ya force mares away from ya?”

“Yes I do, it became a habit to be rude and look like a bad prince, this is the first time I told anypony.” Blueblood said with relief in his voice. “It feels like a mountain been lifted.” He took a bite out of the fritter. “Hmm...” He swallowed it after chewing. “It has quality within, if I am not mistaken it Ponyville grown?”

“Eeyup, and yet ah doubt others will try any of this.” She looked around. “Even ya eatin' that ah bet they think ya just playin' nice with me.”

Blueblood finished off the fritter. “You are correct ma'am, many here in the city see you as common folk trying to pretend to be on their level.”

“That a bit harsh...” Rarity frowned.

“Harsh but true, when you have wealth you tend to lose the objectivity of the world works, those born into it see food is bought for you and cooked for you, simple as that.” Blueblood explained to Rarity and Applejack. “Recent arrival of my cousin in law Gale has opened my eyes to this, and now with the truth of Aunty Celestia's daughter revealed it opened up a few more doors to possibilities out there.”

Applejack smiled. “Prince Gale really shaken up a few thin's hmm?”

Blueblood smiled back. “That he did, my aunt never been happier since his arrival and now she glowing with Nightingale is back.”

Greystorm walked up to them. “From the look of those smiles, I say things are improved.”

“A bit, but it doesn't solve the problem of presenting this marvellous food to the others.” Rarity calmly said looking at the food. “Not even a mayor would shift their point of view.”

“No it wouldn't.” Greystorm said with a smile. “Blueblood up to getting your shiny hooves dirty?”

Blueblood looked to his hooves than back at Greystorm. “What are you planning?”

Greystorm put his talon on Blueblood back. “Simple my friend, we going to help Applejack Apple turn this into a flare that even turn their snubby heads.”

Applejack smiled. “Ah think ah can work with that.”

“I wouldn't mind helping you out darling.” Rarity said.

Greystorm sat on his hunches clapping his talons together rubbing them. “Now let's wheel this off and make it into something truly amazing! If it goes south, tough on them and we get to enjoy a really delicious treat! A win win!”

Blueblood lean in to him whispering. “You been watching me and Rarity this whole time haven't you?” Greystorm squawked a little. “Thought so, I and Rarity won't work, but maybe being friends after this may.”

“Darlings are you coming?” Rarity called as Applejack wheel away the cart.

“Yes!” They said together and followed.


Shining Armor watched the line grew up the steps to Princess Celestia, Twilight was trying very hard to talk to the princess as she was to the former student, Pom-Pom put a paw on his foreleg. “It seem that the night isn't going as good as hoped?”

Shining gave a humph. “No it did not, I was hoping with Princess Celestia appearing a griffon some of the ponies won't come up to her for the evening greeting, this will take about a hour or so to clear up...”

“This being my first diplomatic event attending on behalf of the Kitsunes of No-Yantic clan, I have to say this been quite the a informative and interesting Grand Galloping Gala.” She move the paw off Shining. “Everything in fact is interesting.”

“Because your kind been trapped in a pocket reality?” Shining asked.

Pom-Pom nod her head slightly. “Yes that is correct.” Her twelve tails waving around behind her. “I gather you will ask next, 'I have no idea what it be like to live a whole life till now in such a place', correct?” Pom-Pom smirked.

Shining smiled back. “Roughly that.”

A white stallion with blue hooves, mane and tail wearing a suit and tie with a monocle over one eye, beside him was a slider legged white mare with a pink mane, tail and dress. “I must say, you are something to behold Alpha Pom-Pom of the clan No-Yantic.” She could see he had a moustache too. “I am Fancy Pants and this is my wife Fleur De Lis.” They both bow their heads to Pom-Pom.

Pom-Pom turn around to the two ponies. “It interesting to see some of the ponies know of who I am, and it a pleasure to meet you both, I gather you plan to see Princess Celestia?”

“Not at all, we see her enough as it is, we are here to meet a leader from a far away land that joined us here at the Grand Galloping Gala, get to know you as it were.” Fancy Pants said with a calm charming tone of voice to Pom-Pom.

“Your fur really have a shine to it, and those tails are really truly something.” Fleur De Lis said watching some of them wave back and forwards with the flames moving in sync. “Those flames are nothing I ever seen before, do they hold some importance or decorative for intimation?”

Pom-Pom flare out her tails in display. “They are my magic in display, us Kitsunes always had these magical flames dancing over our tails from the moment that first spark of magic happens, each colourful flame hold a unique form of magic that I have mastered over the last 743 years of my life.”

“Interesting, it a culture thing for you kitsunes?”

“In a way it is Fancy Pants, if I share some of my culture, care to do the same in return?” Pom-Pom suggested a proposal.

Fancy Pants smiled. “I would gladly like that, shall we walk and talk?”

“We can show you the beauty of the Canterlot Castle gardens during the walk and talk.” Fleur suggested.

Pom-Pom turn to Shining. “Well Captain, I can't refuse a offer like that.”

“Go ahead, I will stay here and see if I can help steam some of the line a bit, allow the Princess some breathing room to talk to my sister.” Shining said back.

“Wish you luck on that one Captain.” Pom-Pom gestured to the two ponies to walk, they do so and she walk off with them.

Shining Armor watch her leave and turn back to Celestia and Twilight, a guard come up to him. “Captain, Prince Gale and a few others including Private Sunbeam and Captain Spitfire left the Gala, I was told that they were heading to Donut Jo's.”

“Why did they leave?” Shining asked.

“Ponies were bombarding the young prince with questions, getting up close and overly praising him, at the same time the young blue griffon had a panic attack, we were ordered to clear a path to the balcony which they got to, we sealed the doors to make sure the ponies didn't bother them, soon after Spike Sparkle suggested Donut Jo's and that where they went.” The guard informed him

“Very well, keep up the good work.” The guard salute and flies off. “Well now I got reason to pull Princess Celestia to the side.” Shining said to himself, he walked up to the steps to climb them and inform Celestia of what he just been told.


Gabby walked onto the fora wearing a light blue dress with white flowers and peddles on it, Luna and Cadance just behind her enter too. “Wow, I can't believe I am here! I've heard about the Grand Galloping Gala from ponies for years! But to stand here too! I never thought it would happen!”

“Well I hope your high spirit will bring that to the Gala Gabby.” Cadance said.

Gabby gave her a confused look. “Huh? What do you mean Princess?”

Luna point a hoof. “Have a look at the tables, on the fora and the musicians.”

Gabby took a good look. “Why are they only talking at tables and on the floor? Why aren't any of them dancing to that music? Isn't that what a fora this big for?” Gabby rubbed her feathered head with the confused look still upon her face.

“This is what the Gala is normally is, maybe with your help and others we can maybe spice things up?” Cadance suggested.

“Ooooooooo I can give it a try!” She grinned. “I really like to try and make new friends!” She giggled.

Suddenly the music change and Pinkie Pie stood on stage in front of the microphone singing into it. “Unless Miss Pie already attempting it.” Luna watched Pinkie Pie singing out. “What is this Pony Pokey?”

They saw Nightingale dancing to it, many ponies just stared at the griffon princess.

“It a fillies and colts song at school I believe.” Cadance stated. “Not sure why Pinkie Pie thought this would get them to shake their green bangs, if I heard correctly.”

Gabby giggled. “I think the song is fun!”

“So does my niece Nightingale from the look of it.” Luna stated

“Young lady!” One mare spoke up. “This is not that kind of party!”

“Ooooo they don't want to party, these ponies WANT to ppaaarrrty!” Pinkie said loudly into the microphone.

“That they do Pinkie pie!” Nightingale grinned she flew up onto the stage. “I got the perfect plan.” She whisper into Pinkie's ear, the pink pony smile grew tenfold.

Gabby tilt her head. “Erm... Princesses, why do I get the feeling things about to get crazy?”

Luna smiled. “Oh definitely.”

Gabby looked at her. “Am I missing something Princess Luna?”

“Definitely and that missing part is all thanks to my dear sister and now to my niece.”

Cadance grew a smile too. “Gabby my aunt invited them here for a reason, like we did for you, look like you are going to bring a big smile if you help Pinkie Pie and Nightingale out.”

“Oh! How!? How!?” Cadance and Luna open their wings up covering Gabby's head and start to whisper to her, a gasp of happiness came from the young adult griffon.


Fluttershy sat close to Sunflower's foreleg, both of them watching on the tablet a documentary on unique creatures of Equss that a set of Finch Griffons did by going places without being noticed by the wild, spending hours, days, weeks or even months to get a few minutes of footage of these unique life forms.

“This is amazing, I never knew of so many wonderful creatures that could exist, even those that are very nervous around beings like us.” Fluttershy said softly to Sunflower.

“Indeed, they see some Pegasi and Thestrals as predators since they do eat fish unlike their other pony counter parts, also griffons seen as such, since we are half cat, stealth can be used.” Sunflower whispered back, she then shift her gaze to the animals near her. “Don't look, but look in the corner of your gaze.” She whispered.

Fluttershy did and just saw in the corner of her vision the animals were gathering again and very close to her but kept their distance, they did lean into Sunflower or sat on top of her body to head. “This the closest I get to being near them isn't it?” Fluttershy whispered as she continue to watch the video.

“Most likely yes, better than them running away and keeping their distance right?”

“Hmm-mmm...” Fluttershy softly hummed.


Somewhere in a different reality of Equis a rift opens up, coming out of it Glacier, Octicovix and Silvite, as the rift closes up they find themselves in a small corridor with pipes, wires, control panels and bulkheads, Glacier whip out her Sub-Sonic device to scan the area and fed the information to the wrist held display.

“It look like we one some sort of ship.” Glacier said as she waited for the data to come through from her scans.

Silvite step up to part of the wall, the symbol on it with griffish writing. “GNSC GROVER, it a military submarine we on, from the look of the icon a griffon one.” Silvite said glancing over her shoulder to Glacier.

“Look like Shal-Quz had a run of bad luck jumping from one reality to another, at least we been able to keep up.” Glacier replied.

Octicovix with caution scouted around the area they were in. “We under water?”

“Most likely.” Silvite replied as she open a hatch up to take a look inside. “This one a crew quarters for four from the look of the bunks in here.” She closed it back up. “Sooner we find Shal-Quz or a rift the better.”

“I can't disagree with you on that one, and your right about this being military, my scans came up with readings of a nuclear reactor, missiles and we definitely underwater, Shal-Quz is here as for about twenty or so griffons from this read up, just can't get a clear lock on them, there some sort of heavy solar interference, as if there is no magnetic shielding on this planet.”

Octicovix blinked in confusion tilting her head. “I know we crossed over about a dozen or so realities chasing Shal-Quz, but what are you talking about?”

Glacier taping her talons the screen display. “For some reason outside this sub and in the water around us there a lot of solar radiation drifting around as we speak, for that to happen the planet would have to had it protective shielding stripped away, hence the magnetic shield and the ozone layer.”

“Other words, it a good thing we inside this tin can under water or we be singing our holy lord or whatever you call the afterlife.” Silvite said bluntly leaning against the bulkhead.

Octicovix shuddered at that thought. “This is a reality I really do not want to stay in, let's find Shal-Quz capture her and go please...”

“We will, soon as G-” she noticed something behind Glacier, Octicovix solid eyes stared unblinking at it too. “Glacier...”

Glacier getting close to clearing up the scans to get a better read out. “I know you want this thing to work, let me just adjust it frequency to cut out the solar radiation and we can avoid the griffons and bag up that rabbit.”

“Well about the first one.”

Glacier raise her eyes from the screen, her talons stop tapping away as she now lock eyes on Silvite. “Right...” She turn around to have a assault rifle aimed at her face. “That all we bloody need, griffons with bloody guns.”

PreviousChapters Next