• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,309 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,309

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 70.5 – Do Not Worry

Author's Note:

Some of you will notice this chapter just been reuploaded and changed, what it was before didn't feel right and out of place, the fast craziness of the chapter needed to be overhauled, so I deleted the other and did some reworks on it.

This should be a better improvement to the craziness of what happens here.

Well enjoy and love to hear your comments!

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 70.5 – Do Not Worry

Twilight and Spike woke up to the sound of rapid hoof steps, they sat up looking to the door, a few guards raced by, they went to the door and open it, what they found were Princess Luna talking with some of the guards with Doctor Trace, they saluted and raced off down the corridor, turning towards Celestia's room they could see guards using scan spells all over the place.

“Princess Luna, what going on?” Twilight walked up to her with Spike.

Luna turn her attention from Trace to Twilight. “My sister Celestia is missing.”

Suddenly Twilight was wide awake with Spike. “WHAT!?” They both said together.

“Last one that was in there were RS, but soon after that Nightingale, Gilda and Gale was heard inside.” Luna explained to them. “Guards reported they didn't see them enter from the door or windows, we found they may have entered for some strange reason through the air vent.”

“Okay, but what about Princess Celestia?”

“That the thing Spike, she not the only one goal, soon after there was a glow on the door, the guards couldn't open it till the glow vanished, when it did they were gone.” Luna said waving them to follow her as they went to Celestia's room peering inside. “The unicorn guards are running scan spells to determine what happened, we still at a lose.”

Trace sighed. “With all the crazy that been going on recently specially the sphere, I have no idea what to expect next, at this time we at a loss and unable to figure out where to go next on this.”

Spike scratched his claw over the scaly head a little. “What can we do to help?”

Twilight thought of a idea. “Send a letter to Princess Celestia, maybe you can do it Spike.”

Spike pulled out a quill and paper. “Sure thing Twilight, we can give that a try!”

“Why didn't we think of that?” Luna asked Trace.

Trace shrugged. “The simplest of ideas always slip our minds, Princess.” He turn to the room. “I am still very much worried though, they vanishing like that isn't something I am fond of.”

“Nor am I...” Luna muttered. “All I want is my family to be safe.”

Spike scribbled away on the paper. “Done Twilight.”

“Send it away.” Spike blows his green flame over it, the letter ashes vanish. “It worked... That mean Princess Celestia's magic is back to normal.” She turn to Luna. “That means-”

Luna realised what it meant. “The horn been restored, how is that possible?”

“It should be, unless-”

The pause got them looking at him. “Unless what? Doctor.”

Trace tap the muzzle a few times. “Through out my career tending to magic mishaps, I did come across a few oddities.”

“Such as?”

Trace put his hoof down to get a click, looking down he saw a talon. “Serious, now I-” He glows and grow slightly to change into a griffon, his coat ripped to shreds. “I serious hate when that happens unexpectly.” He grumbled through his beak, ripping off the last of the ruined doctors coat putting it in the trash bin.

“Now what I was going to say before my unexpected change, is there are those with this regenerative abilities, they can heal themselves without the aid of magic, it a form of energy in their cells that activate, some even learn to control it and even share it to others, only trouble with that, by doing so they drain that energy from them, once it gone it gone, it not like magic at all, it has a limited supply in their bodies.”

Spike raise a claw. “So... If I had this stuff and I broke a leg, it would heal in no time at all?”

“Yes, even mend a broken horn, restoring it to what it was.” Trace confirmed. “I know Gale or Gilda doesn't have it, but I can not say for sure about RS or Nightingale, it can be in any living thing, it rare for sure.”

“How do you know about this Doctor Trace?”

“Because I saw a young Earth pony nine years ago give up all of it to save his dying mother, she was beyond the point of saving, I saw the golden glow come out of him through his hooves, into her and brought her back, it was the most incredible thing I ever seen a little foal do for his mother.” Trace answered Twilight's question. “Doesn't-”

A guard came out with a bag held in his magic. “I found this weird gold dust, there parts of it scattered around, it was only spotted because of the lighting, it doesn't registry as magic.”

Trace took it with his talon hold it up with amazement. “Oh sweet Celestia, it it regenerative energy! This is the by product from it!”

The guard stared at Trace. “Wasn't you a pony a moment ago?”

Trace nodded. “I was, the magic in me cause a shift in pony to griffon and back again, it a pain in the tail, never mess around with magic you do not understand without protection.” Trace walk to his office.

The guard blinked. “Should I go back to checking through the room Princess?”

“Please do.” Luna followed Trace with Spike and Twilight.

Twilight was amazed by the sudden change. “So how did that happen?”

“Messing with a 4000 year old spell created by Grogar, it, pure magic and poison joke tend to have a unforeseen effect.” Trace replied in a sarcastic manner. “Now I am living with the cure only working to a certain degree.”

“That must be a real pain in the rump.” Spike said.

Trace nodded. “It is, specially with my wardrobe...”

Spike suggests a idea. “What about Rarity, I am sure she could make something that could flex with your changes, even add wing holes.”

Twilight smiled. “That a good idea Spike, she would love the challenge.”

“I will have to take you two up on that, and go see her.” They reached the office and open the door to find a light brown griffon with a dark brown fluffy feathered Mohawk, wearing a white collar and green neck time sitting at his desk, with paws on top of it, talons behind the back of his head. “Who the blazes are you and why are you in my office!?”

The blue eyes of the griffon locked upon his. “You can call me Necktie, most does nower days, and why I am here, to help of course!”

Luna frowned. “Help with what?”

“Helping you with finding Princess Celestia of course.” He took the paws off the desk, sat upright picking up quill with his talon. “Oh this bring back the day in the Oval Office.”

“Explain fast or I will have the guard drag you out to the castle.” Luna said with frustration growing.

He sighs. “Fine Princess Luna, at this moment Princess Celestia, Nightingale, Prince Gale and Gilda are in a ten by ten mile prison within a cube that ten by ten feet on the outside.”

“How do you even know this or even telling the truth?” Twilight said. “All we know you could be making this up!”

“Oh don't worry, you will be getting your evidence in five... Four... Three...” He raise a talon up at four, closing up each claw to the count down.

At zero Spike suddenly put his claw over the muzzle till he burped out a green flame, sending him flying backwards to be caught by Luna's wing, the flame spinning around reforming from scroll to flame and back again, over and over. “Urg... That was rough...” He groaned.

“Are you okay though?” Luna asked.

“A bit soar in the throat.” He rubbed it a little. “But I think I'll be okay.”

The scroll finally appeared and land on the table, before they could take it Necktie snatched it with his talon, opening it up. “Dear Twilight and Spike, I, my family and Gilda are fine, we seem to be in some sort of cubic prison created by Grogar over 4000 years ago for a bird called Leela, named after the late dog from over 4000 years ago from Gale's previous home, we are discovering more about Gale, do not worry. Yours sincerely Princess Celestia.” He finished reading it out loud and threw it over to Luna. “You can see I read it word for word.”

Luna took a good look. “It says as he said it.” Luna rolled it up. “Doesn't explain how you knew.”

“Spoilers.” He smirked. “Now there a grandfather clock that set to go off at two am, which is about ten minutes from now. We got to get that clock to the Canterlot Garden maze entrance if we going to get in contact with them directly.”

Twilight stared. “How do you know this? And how do you even know we can?”

“Spoilers Twilight Sparkle, just say I am a griffon that know what his doing in a crazy way, got to say shifting between forms pretty neat, don't you think so Trace?”

“How do you know about that?” Trace said with surprise.

“I been watching, also here.” He tossed over a pearl, Trace caught it. “That my friend will stabilize your magic matrix in a way that will allow you to switch from pony to griffon at any time you wish, only while wearing it.”

Trace raise it up to the light. “What kind of magic pearl is this?”

Necktie smirked. “The best kind and also I owned you for what you did to save my tail two years ago.” He winked.

Trace suddenly realised looking at his eyes, it was the same eyes from two years ago. “Oh it you! But you were-”

“Yep.”

“But that means-”

“Yep again!”

“Okay he can be trusted.” Trace said, putting the pearl away in his draw. “I'll look into that pearl another time, we got a grandfather clock to move.”

“Fair enough, time awasting! Avante!” He jumped out of the chair over the desk, running out the room. “Come on what are you all waiting for? We got nine minutes and counting! We going to need your trusty teleportation Princess if we going to make it in time!”

Luna blinked a few times trying to process what just happened. “Do we follow?”

“Yes!” Trace turn and left the office quickly.

Twilight groans. “This is happening too fast, I can't keep track what going on anymore!”

Spike frowned. “I thought he was making sense, in a weird way of course.” Spike quickly followed.

"For now with the limited time we have, we will work with him, than we get answers." Luna said, they reluctantly followed to Celestia's room.


In a blinding flash of light Princess Luna, Twilight, Spike, Trace and Necktie appear with the grandfather clock outside the maze on a dirt patch, Trace noticed some markings in it. “There was a rune glyph spell used here recently, you can make out some of the markings still present.” He point a talon to part of it.

“That pretty much correct, it most likely a teleportation one, not fun they are, suck you in and spit you out at the next location, most likely the only way to get inside Grogar's cubic prison somewhere below.” Necktie said as he pulled out a metal object, it made a buzzing noise that caught their attention, he looked at it. “Yep definitely.”

“How can you tell from that weird buzzing metal thing?” Spike asked.

Necktie put it away under his wing. “That for me to know.” He pat Spike on the head. “It almost show time.” He point to the clock face.

Spike frowned. “Twilight, he reminds me of that pony in Power Ponies comic, the one that helps but avoid answer direct questions when helping others.”

“I am sure that not true Spike.” Twilight turn to Necktie. “I am not sure what that thing you used was, but I do have a few questions for you.”

“Ah yes questions, how about after the clock does it work?”

“I can accept that.” Twilight turn to the grandfather clock seeing it hand reach 2am.

“Show time!” The grandfather clock started to glow, rune glyphs started to form all over it. “Oh how Glacier going to be so surprised when she see what I pulled off, took me years to get all the glyphs to be put onto that clock for this very moment, but it was worth the wait!”

“What did yo-” The clock glows brightly, Luna tried to continue asking the question but she couldn't see him or the others through the light, as it dims they regain their sight to see the others sitting on cushions.

Gale quickly got up looking at Luna. “Auntie!” He went to give her a hug but past through her. “What?” Gale turn around looking back at Luna.

"What just happened?" Luna was surprised as much as Gale is.

Leela got up seeing the grandfather clock seeing it frizzle out slightly. “Those glyphs, that a real time communication rune glyphs! The grandfather clock is acting like a go between for us to talk to each other from two locations, but look like we in each other places! I haven't seen these glyphs used in years!”

Leela opening her book looking through the pages rapidly. “In fact I saw these pop up one by one in the last few years! I never expected this to be pulled off! Not direct communication without secondary glyphs here! There isn't any! I can't explain this! it should be impossible!”

“That explain that part partly, but how did you-” Luna turn to see Necktie was gone, she looked around confused. “Where did that griffon go?”

Twilight found a note, opening it up she read it out loud. “See, there was nothing to worry about.”

Spike crossed his arms, snorting out a flame. “I told ya!”

PreviousChapters Next