• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,309 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,309

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 108.5: Blue's Day in Dream Cavern

Author's Note:

A interesting question was asked and so I answered. Enjoy!

Comments always welcomed!

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 108.5: Blue's Day in Dream Cavern

0700

Blue just watched Gale and the others wake up, he finish putting the Dream Randomiser into stand by mode and putting the chip containing the adventure safely away, the Jackal Diamond Dog leave through the tunnel and out of the parted waterfall walking to the building around the large tree.

Blue open the door and walk inside closing it behind him, he walk up the round steps to the upper level to a door about one third around the corridor on the first floor. He open it to show a bathroom and pause turning around to look at- “Curious I can not see you. But I can feel your presence, is this what Master Gale call breaking the fourth wall? If you don't mind I rather have a shower without being watched.” Blue closes the door.

0800

Blue open the bedroom door staring at the wall to the right. “You really wish to know what I get up to when Master Gale is awake don't you? Very well you may, but you may find this moment boring since I am going to get some sleep.” Blue undo his bandanna and place it on the table side, he walk up to the bed pulling the covers over a bit before slipping into it.

Blue pull them over and before his close his eyes speak once more. “I gather you are wondering how come my spikes don't rip this fabric, Master Gale created them to be spike proof and comfy to sleep under. He is a very thoughtful master... come back at 1400 hours when I wake.” Blue yawns turning over to his side pulling a blue griffon plush close to him and close his eyes to get some sleep.

1400

The alarm on the bed stand goes off and the thick hand paw lift out of the bed sheets, it slams down on top of the alarm stopping the bird chirping sounds from it. Blue sits up yawning and stretching his arms out. “Time for some breakfast...” Blue pull himself out of bed put the plushy back on top of his pillow, make the bed, put the bandanna on and leave the room walking downstairs.

Blue crack open two eggs and mix them up in a cup, pour out 400 grams of flour in a bowl and add watching to it with the egg mix to mix it all up in the bowl till it a strong mix. Blue put a pan over a lit up stow and put a little oil into it. Once heated Blue pour some of the mix into the pan to start cooking his pancakes, while that going he turn on the kettle and put some hot chocolate mix in a cup with some milk.

Blue glance to his left. “You are a strange bunch, watching me make breakfast from the ground up, if that is what you will even I can not see you and only faintly sense your presence, be as it will.” Blue take a spatula putting it under the pancake flipping it over in the pan.

Soon Blue finished making about four pancakes alongside his cup of hot chocolate, sitting down at a table be put some sugar over it with some chocolate sauce, than he start to eat his breakfast and drink his hot chocolate.

1430

Blue stand before a large screen with two consoles attached to it, he walk over to one pressing his paw fingers over each key going through defences in Dream Cavern to alert systems, Blue goes through each and every system making sure they running at peak efficiency to make sure Master Gale's home in the dreamscape is protected.

1530

Blue stand before a well of water looking into it reflection to see Gale's daily activities so far in the day, he watched Gale have breakfast, say his farewells to the ponies and dragon of Ponyville before parting on the train to Canterlot.

The teen sitting in one of the carriages rooms doing his studies with Gilda watching over him, Spyro with Alpha sitting near by reading books and talking to each other. The next thing shows the train arriving at the station greeted by Luna and asking to have a one on one with Gale. “I had a feeling Mistress Luna would want to talk to Master Gale, it most likely to do with the fact he doing a lot of dream sharing with others of late...” Blue telepathically said with arms crossed watching closely to the screens play out.

1600

Blue sits cross legged on a large rock in the middle of the hot spring with both hand paws close to each other, his dreadlocks raised as a bluish white energy form between the hand paws. “As I mediate my mind, will and imagination. I always thought of what ifs and could bes, but at the end the path I am set on at this time is the right one...” Blue closed his eyes.

I still don't completely understand your reason for observing my activities, it is baffling.” Blue continue to focus on his mediation. “I will be doing this close to a hour and an half, after that I am having lunch. I have enjoyed this company from you otherworldly visitors.” Blue smiled a little.

1730

Blue sitting at the table eating his lunch tuna with tomato slices and lettuce in it with a cup of tea beside the plate, he happily munching away on the sandwich.

1800

Blue stood in the middle of the rectangle battle field, he formed two bluish white staffs in each hand paw, spinning them around he than trash them forwards, swing one around and use the other to do a block motion. Blue do a high kick to a hop and thrust kick before his spin around on the spot doing a rock house kick.

Blue remove one staff and form a energy ball in that free hand paw, he throws it and using his aura to shift it and come at him, with a rapid slash of the staff the sphere is sliced in half flying past him either side before exploding.

Blue continue to train doing punches to forming claws from his wrist spikes slashing through rocks to turn them into nice sliced piles, he follow it up with a few punches and kicks. “If you are wondering, I train daily to keep my mind and body focused when a new threat comes to Dream Cavern.”

1930

Blue finish putting chess pieces down on a chessboard, he pours some fruit-juice in two cups placing them down beside the chessboard before sitting down in front of the white pieces. Appearing on the other side is the blue small strange cat being with a large head, big eyes, tiny forearms and long feet paws at the end of his short legs. “Whrisp.”

“Blue.” Whrisp said with a warm happy smile. “Ready to get your tail beaten!?”

You lost your last four games we played, also I believe it should be time to tell Master Gale that you been living in Dream Cavern.” Blue pick up a pawn moving it two spaces up.

Whrisp raise his forepaw up with it glowing, the knight lift up and land over the paws to the left of the paw in front of it before it was moved. “I know, I know... if it wasn't for you Blue, I would by fading out of existences!”

I am surprised you haven't found your kind... what happened to them?” Blue moves a bishop.

Whrisp shrugs. “I do not know, the Shade Void in which connects between dreams and reality was abandon, I can come and go between reality which is the waking world and this dream realm still through it. But 4000 years did go by in a breeze.” Shade move a end pawn piece up.

Blue tap the middle finger of his hand paw on the table thinking of his next move. “Still I believe it be wise to let my master know, I lost the first game of chess and that why I haven't revealed you to him yet, but I am connected to Master Gale and by midnight he will be aware of you.” Blue calmly said to Whrisp as he moved the queen out.

Whrisp smiled picking up another pawn to move it forwards two spaces. “Then it seem that time ran out for me haven't it? His realm allow me to live, so in turn I have to stop being a coward and reveal myself.”

Blue move the queen up taking out the pawn near the king. “Checkmate.” Blue calmly said crossing his arms.

Whrisp blinked. “Wait what?” He looked at the board. “That was only your fourth move! Ho-” He saw it. “Whoa okay... now that got me good! Damn you beat me!”

Blue slyly smiled. “Indeed and when Master Gale comes when he sleeps you will reveal yourself.” Blue poke his muzzle and than reset the pieces.

Whrisp wiggles it rubbing his small paw hand on the muzzle. “Well time had ran out.” He laughed. “Alright! Time for round two Blue! This time this small floating blue cat going to win!”

Maybe.” Blue grinned and so did Whrisp as they started another round of chess, Blue glance to his left. “Now you have a rough idea what my idea is like during the day when Master Gale awake.”

Whrisp tilt his head to the left. “Who are you talking to?”

The readers, now shall we play?” Whrisp blinked again looking around in total confusion before without a word nod to start the game.

“Yeah sure... maybe you should lay off the chocolate...”

2134

Gale appears in Dream Cavern with Blue standing before him. “Master Gale, I hope your day been well.”

“It has been Blue! I've really getting the hang of writing, just not the spelling and grammar stuff.” Gale rubbed his head. “I know some of the stuff I say might not seem to be right as well writing it down, I just can't get a hang of this grammar and some of the words are hard to spell too.”

Blue put his hand paw on Gale's side. “Master Gale, we all have our limits, we can push forwards to go beyond them, but it will take time. You showed great improvement over the last three and half months.”

Gale grinned. “I have, haven't I?” Blue nods, Gale sees Whrisp peeking from behind a tree. “Finally choose to show yourself huh?”

Whrisp float out of hiding coming up to Gale. “You knew I was hiding in Dream Cavern?”

Gale raise a claw. “My defences didn't activate did it?”

Whrisp blinked. “No it-” He turn to Blue. “You KNEW didn't ya!?”

I suspected but didn't ask.” Blue calmly responded.

“I was waiting for you to do it in your own time Whrisp, what happened?”

Whrisp tap the little paw fingers against each other. “Well... can we walk and I'll tell you?”

Gale nod. “Sure! And I can tell ya about my afternoon with Aunty Luna!”

Blue watched them leave. “Alpha shall we start our patrol?”

Alpha walk up to Blue with the mallet handle resting on his shoulder. “As always Blue, and why do I get the feeling we being watched?”

Because we always are, this is Master Gale's Dream Cavern after all.”

“Fair point...” Alpha muttered.

0030

Blue and Alpha sat at the table eating yorkshire pudding with mash, peas, carrots, sausage with a cup of apple juice to the side of the plate. “So that what happened this afternoon. I expected as much from the amount of dream sharing Master Gale been doing.”

Alpha sip a bit of the juice and cut into the sausage with the knife and folk. “Yes, she warned of problems that could arise from it as well the Dream Adventures.”

Never thought that there could be a chance those we know, knew or those we do not could become part of the adventure unwilling and unaware...” Blue telepathically said as he ate his meal.

Alpha looked over to a sheet of paper on the notice board. “Still going by your day to day schedule are you?”

I am, it keep me busy and sharp, also I had what you call a fourth wall breaking moment and had readers watched what I do today.”

Alpha blinked. “What?”

Blue picked up his cup showing the apple juice in it. “Think of us as this juice, inside and unaware of what happening in the contanment of this glass, now you can see it right?” Alpha nods. “Now that juice become aware of you looking at it, that what you call breaking the fourth wall, interaction that shouldn't be possible between us and those that view us as characters in a story.” Blue drunk a bit of his juice.

Alpha rubbed his forehead. “So your saying someone is seeing us characters in some made up story?”

Yes. Does that bother you?”

Alpha rolled his one eye. “I am a fictional character from a fictional world already, I been pulled out of the dream realm and have a physical form. In fact to Lord Gale's point of view, I broke the fourth wall more than once.”

Blue smiled. “That is a very cleaver prospective Alpha.”

“I have my moments.” Alpha chuckled.

Blue pause in motion, so did Alpha and the alarm goes off, they get up and rush outside with the whole place lit up red.

Warning, there has been a breach in Dream Cavern, suspect has been contained in Containment 001, Dream Cavern as been sealed and Princess Luna has been notified.

Luna appears before the two. “I just got word, there a dream walker here!”

Gale quickly rushes up with Whrisp. “Aunty Luna! Your not going to believe who it is the defences caught!”

Whrisp spin around in mid air. “It was crazy she appeared before us through a weird metal airlock door than pulled away to this containment! I mean that one awesome and scary looking one eye black kitsune!”

“That impossible/that impossible!” Blue and Luna said at the same time.

“No it not, I will show you!” Gale snap his talons and they all appear at the containment cell. “See it her! It Di'Sai!”

The kitsune calmly sitting without the uniform with the same scar over the eye and nine long tails waving back and forwards behind with the floating flames flowing with each tail. “Hello Prince Gale, it good to finally meet you without the pretence of that dream adventure I was put through, but got to say it was refreshing to enjoy something for once than observing dreams from a far of the outside world.”

Luna's horn abazed. “Your a fictional character! How-”

“I am far from fictional Princess Luna, I kept myself hidden in the Dream Realm from you and all, it the only way I can see outside from where I stand guard as duty to the Kitsunes of Nowhere. Suddenly I find myself seeing their dreams once more and curiously I poked into some to see that your nephew is responsible for it.”

“That doesn't explain why you entered his Dream Cavern in such a manner! Answer me kitsune!”

Di'Sai raise a paw upward, a image appear above it. “I came because of the dream adventure, I found out what this thing that be stuck in my ceiling for the last 87 years is in the Frozen North. And I believe it of interest to Prince Gale, also you might need those Finch Griffons with their fancy satellites to find it.”

Blue instantly knew what it was, so did Gale. “It the-”

PreviousChapters Next