• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,299 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,299

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 73.5 – Sunflower before Ponyville

Author's Note:

As those that read, Sunflower promised to meet the crusaders on that Sunday weekend, this is happening at the same time with Griffonstone, and that the moment we at is leading to it.

Love to hear your views as always!

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 73.5 – Sunflower before Ponyville

In the large greenhouse dome, within the massive tree at the centre of it to the very larger than normal room, Sunflower looking through her chesterdraw, she pulled out a navy blue night top from it, placing it on the bed, beside a massive window looking out at the lake. “Should I wear my night shorts too?” She hummed, with shrug pulled out a matching colour shorts placing them on top of the top.

Sunflower close the draw, turning to the bed, she put the top and shorts into a back pack. “Tent... Night gear, enough super calories food to keep me going for tonight and tomorrow, sugar high drinks, check.” She made sure to have everything needed for Ponyville. “I never thought I'd use this outside the dome, dude this is gonna to awesome!” Sunflower pat the tent kit with her paw, than zip up the back pack.

Sunflower picked up the letter on top of the chesterdraw by the alarm clock, next to a photo of her, Maple, her parents and grandpa, the letter from Pinkamena Diane Pie her pen pal, she read it out loud once more to herself.

“Hi best pen pal Sunflower! I am REALLY looking forward to seeing you in Ponyville again! But there a small tiny winny little bitty snag in it, not anything crazy or all buuuuuut, you got to come the night before just to talk with the crusaders families, Applejack, Big MacIntosh for Applebloom, Holiday and Lofty for Scootaloo, they her aunts! Annnnd Rarity for Sweeite Belle, it should be their parents but they out of town and Rarity looking after her sister at the moment!”

Sunflower trying to mimic the hyper way of Pinkie Pie put it, she coughed a bit rubbing the neck. “Pinkamena, your one hyper happy pony.” She laughed and continue to read out loud.

“Other than that, you get to meet the crusaders! Soooooooooooo meet us on the outskirts of Sweet Apple Acres closest to the Everfree Forest! See you later alligator! Hehe, that one from Gummy! Isn't he a awesome pet! From your best pen pal friend, (Pinkie Pie) Pinkamena Diane Pie.” Sunflower refuse to say Pinkie, it was her pervasive.

Sunflower open another draw up, adding the letter to the many other letters from the pink pony, closing it up. “Whelp, chores done, backpack is packed, all good to go, if I leave in the next ten minutes and take the long way through Equestria, I should make by a hour before the meeting.” Sunflower said to herself.

She picked up the backpack, putting it on between her wings on the back, put her forelegs through the loops, clipping on the strap around the mid-section, the nine hooves tall finch griffon walk up to the massive door, grabbing the handle she opened the door to take a good look around her room. “See you in a few days.” Sunflower walked out closing the door behind her.

The snowy white finch griffon silently made her way through the corridors within the tree, doors she past to many apartments that were not lived in for a very long time, the time before she was even born, Sunflower wondered how busy the corridors were, how many finch griffons once lived in the tree that they called home, it was a curious question she always had in mind, this very place were and had been called home to her for almost ten years.

Sunflower knew why her parents wished for her to stay with Nanner Maple, they visited quite often and used whatever time they had to be with her, Sunflower long ago accepted her reality, and now with what happened with Zerra and the Wish Reality, the doors were cracked open to never close again. “Pandora's Box has been opened.” Sunflower whispered to herself.

The door into the holographic projector room opened, Maple walked out of it. “Stupid politics, they can shove their stupid beaks up their bloody butts.”

Sunflower stopped watching Maple walk directly across of her, unaware of the presence of an nine hooves tall finch griffon. “You shouldn't have been spotted, you know our rules, lucky for you there rules in place in case of magically incidents.” Maple did a squeaky stupid voice, doing a little jiggle with her forelegs shoulders, with a roll of her eyes. “Politics!” She snorted.

“Let me guess, you had to tell them of my visit to the fillies in Ponyville?”

Maple stopped, she quickly turn looking up at her granddaughter. “How long were you listening in this time?”

“Just showed up to get the moaning part about politics, Nanner Maple.” Sunflower chuckled. “Dude you really hate them.”

“Of course I do! The Parliament is ruled by a bunch of idiotic idiots that sit on seats in a big room shouting at each other for brownie points, to behind a desk, they wouldn't know real life if it hit them in the face with a sloppy smelly fish!” Maple flapping her wings coming up to eye level with Sunflower. “Since we both been spotted due to that crazy zebra Zerra, we can go out and about among the ponies of Equestria to the griffons of Griffina, but without saying where we truly from.”

Sunflower shrugged. “You think I tell them where we really live? Rather stun their butts and drag them back to the train station.” Sunflower smirked.

Maple shook her head. “Oh little Sunflower, you really are something.”

“That I am dude, that I am!” She laughed. “Well I got to be on my way Nanner, walk with me?”

“I'll fly.” Maple said and they made their way to the entrance. “I don't like the idea of meeting their family members, but sadly being the grandmother of the biggest griffon in the world, I can understand why Pinkie Pie wrote to you about it.”

Sunflower glancing at Nanner Maple. “Well at least you got the politics to agree to it too.”

Maple smirked. “Of course I did, it took beating words over their heads over and over again, but I got through to them after a hour of shouting at those idiots.” Maple smile fades. “Yet it a double edge sword for me, now I got no excuse to see my husband in Griffonstone tomorrow.” Maple sighed softly, her head lowered.

Sunflower knew she was still married, but kept it under the rug for many years, pretending to not to be, a secret that were an lie. “The lie finally caught up, Nanner?”

“Yes it did, Sunflower, and now I got to face the 100th anniversary music.”

“I never understood why you two clash so often, it as if you two did it on purpose.”

“Sad thing is... We did Sunflower, we really did cause this divide between us.” Maple confirmed what Sunflower just said, to the large griffon's surprise to hear this too. “He and I knew that I never will grow old, we tried everything possible, I even used experimental technology with magic to extend his life, he the only one to have it period, that why his still as sharp minded as ever, it not the mind is going but the body, like all things part from the few of us, the time comes.”

The doors open and they step outside the tree standing before the path to the gate. “Is it also to do with Pistol? The fact we know his still alive in some pocket universe fizzing in and out of space, time and dimensions?” Sunflower lift her forepaw up to Maple, with a finger gently place it against the side of the face of her Nanner.

Maple let out a deep breath before answering. “That as well, how do you tell the first love and was gonna marry, that you are still married to a old grouching grumpy griffon?”

Sunflower move her forepaw away putting it back down. “That something you have to figure out Nanner, it your 190 plus year romance after all, even it took you two 90 of that to get married, than another 50 odd to finally have children, hence why we stand here are talk.”

“And witty as well smart.” Maple slightly smiled. “Go on Sunflower, get your tail moving before you are late for that meeting with the fillies family, have fun and keep in contact okay?” Maple kiss her on the side of the face. “Love you little Sunflower.”

“Love you back Nanner Maple, say hi to Grandpa for me Nanner!” Sunflower use her wing to give a small pat on the head, than turn to leave walking down the path to the gate, pulling out of the side pocket of the bag a device, pressing it to open the gates up.

Maple watched her granddaughter leave, the two gates slowly closing back up. “Hello RS...” Maple turn to the field of sunflowers, the griffon step out of them.

Glacier glance to the doors. “Sound like we have something in common.”

“Maybe, but our love lives isn't why you are here.”

“Nope it isn't, I am here because we need to talk.”

Maple saw the seriousness in her eyes. “Ah one of those is it?”

“Indeed.” Glacier simply responded.

“Come on in RS, I also have it ready for you.”

“You do?”

Maple turn to walk inside. “You gave me a challenge and I think you will like the results my friend, after all, we are both impossible griffons, aren't we?”

“That we are sweetie.” Glacier follow her inside.

“Now RS, what is it you needed to talk to me about?”

The doors close.

PreviousChapters Next