• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,303 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,303

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 53 – Gustave Le Grand Icy Delights

Author's Note:

I had a interesting time making this, came up with a few ideas and over all stuck with this little outing of Mother and Son to Gustave Le Grand Icy Delights, the effects of a slight push to do something kind to fellow griffons had from that moment with Macaw Trace.

Also .5 chapter on the way is in your hands readers! Check at the end and vote!

I hope you all continue to enjoy the story and comments as always welcomed!

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 53 – Gustave Le Grand Icy Delights

Gustave Le Grand exit the train from Las Pegasus as night slowly fell upon the City of Canterlot, his recently raise in sales allowed him to go ahead in planning to expand the business and one location key to the Prench Griffon's expansion plans, he walked off the platform carrying the important cargo of documents in his saddle bags making his way back to the restaurant.

The familiar sound of music blaring came, the neon lit sign with the strips of lights along the rim of the roof and down the walls, one thing that caught him by surprise was two queues of ponies, a few griffons, cows and minotaurs all waiting to go in to the Icy Delights ground floor, griffons and pegasi waiting to go in on the Fliers Delight first floor. “Sacre bleu! I've never zee it this busy part from opening day!”

He quickly found royal guards standing at the entrance with his employee Pound. “Pound why are le royal guards helping you deal with this crowd, why are you not at le first floor ztairs?”

Pound let customers out and let in a group into the ground floor area. “Captain Shining Armor is at the stairs boss, Princess Celestia with her son is sitting at a table at Fliers Delight floor.” Pound responded to Gustave speaking very close to him.

Gustave took a moment to take in what he just heard. “Le Princess is here with her son the griffon cub!?” Pound nods and let out a bunch of pegasi, he let in the next group for the first floor. “Sacre bleu...” He muttered under his breath. “Keep up the good work, Le Gustave going in.” He raise a claw up and walk right in.

The guard watch him go in. “Is your boss that dramatic all the time?”

“Pretty much.” He gave a shrug.

Gustave Le Grand saw how busy it was soon he past through the two set of doors, all the seats from the bar table to every table was filled with creatures having a great time chatting, enjoying desserts and music blaring away and his whole staff on the ground level really busy.

He walked through into his office placing the bags down and quickly made his way up the staff stairs to the first floor, upon arriving he peered through the window to see Princess Celestia and Gale, they were sitting at the very table Gale sat at before. “Le co-ruler of Equestria zitting at one le Gustave's table...”

The griffon quickly look at his reflection adjusting his talons through the moustache, taking out from under his wing the chief hat popping it out placing it on his head. “Here le Gustave go...” With a deep breath the owner push the door open walking in to a fully seated first floor.

As he walk up to the table he could see Celestia was writing on a piece of paper with a quill and talking to Gale. “-forward to trying out the meals here son, I seen your take aways that Gilda had ordered to the palace in the trash cans.”

“Hmm mmm, yummy mum!” Gale pick up his glass of strawberry milkshake putting the strew end in his beak drinking the thick shake through it.

Celestia brought up her tea drinking a little of it. “I'll soon find out when our meals arrive.” She put the cup down going back to writing on the paper. “I just hope my sudden unannounced arrival doesn't effect the business, this was a on the fly idea after all.”

“Mum worry no need, happy be here!” Gale said happily. “Family thingy!”

“Family outing Gale.” Celestia giggled. “And yes I can see that.” Gale look out the window slurping his shake. “Unannounced trips like this be rare...” She sighed a little.

Gustave step up. “Le Gustave can help with that Princess.”

Celestia turn to him. “Ah hello Gustave le Grand, I've heard you were out of town.”

“Indeed, le Grand were at Las Pegasus working on getting a expansion of le business else where.” He replied. “As zaid before you are welcomed to come to this restaurant at any day Princess, le doors are always opened to you.”

Princess bow her head slightly. “That is good to know and my son be happy to hear that, I will make sure next time to have a aide to come by and arrange a trip for next time.”

He bows back slightly. “It was a zurprise Princess to zee you here of all restaurants, not that le Gustave is zaying anything, it just a honour to have you here to enjoy the meals and desserts we have to offer.”

“Thank you.” Celestia smiled, Gustave step back and turn around walking off to the kitchen. “Don't start overracting and treat me as one of your customers Gustave! We are on a mother and son outing for dinner afterall!” She called out to him.

“Understood.” He called back.

Gale rolled his eyes. “Yes I know Gale, he most likely will start to panic, just hope he don't go OTT.” Gale tilt his head. “Over the top.”

“Oh!”

“It something I heard from a few ponies and had to ask myself a few months ago, so your just in my place this time around.” She giggled and Gale laughed. “Now about next week, I wrote up this rough timetable for what happening for you.”

Celestia push it over to him with her magic, he took the paper taking a good look at it, Monday to Wednesday morning it was speech and writing lessons from Gilda as always, Monday and Wednesday afternoon also were those times too, Tuesday afternoon was flying lessons with Spitfire, Thursday have was filled with touring Cloudsdale in the morning and in the afternoon watching the Young Fliers Contest.

Before, between and after each were the breakfast, lunch and dinner, Gale could see there was time allotted for him to have free time as he liked having that free time with his big sister Gilda. “Clo-clo...” He tried to say the word.

“Cloudsdale, it the home of most pegasi, it a moving city in the sky that makes most of Equestria's weather, the weather factory you will get to see in action.” Celestia corrected the word for Gale and explained to him a little about the cloud city. “You have read about the weather and how it works right?”

Gale nods. “Yes mum.”

Celestia rolled her eyes playfully. “You know about Cloudsdale weather factory didn't you?” Gale trying not to smile while shrugging. “Your a terrible at pretending not to son.”

Gale gave the smile. “Hmm mmm, no lie like, stomach twist.” He rubbed his stomach area with the talon.

Before Celestia could say something about it the waiter came over placing two plates down, a tray also put down with bottles of ketchup and BBQ sauces, salt and pepper shakers on it with napkins. “Two battered fish and fried chips, hope you enjoy your meals Princess and Prince.” The mare bow and take the serving tray with her.

Gale pick up the salt shaking it over the chips and battered fish followed by dumping a splodge of ketchup on the side, he take the knife and folk cutting into part of the fish followed by a few chips, dipping them in the ketchup and putting it in his beak happily chewing away.

Celestia using her magic does the same and take her bite. “Hmm...” She swallows. “It been a while since I had some cooked fish.” Gale tilt his head in confusion recalling that Pegasi since Alicorns are partly are they need fish protein on their diet unlike other ponies, they had a close cousin relationship to the griffons because of the fish protein diet. “I usually take protein tablets at home son.”

Gale nods in understanding to what she said. “Happy eating?”

“It is and I am enjoying it.” She ruffled his feathered head with a wing, getting him to laugh. “Now let's eat before it get cold shall we?”

“Yes mum!” Gale agreed and they went back to eating their meals.

Gustave with the kitchen staff watched for a few short moments sighing in relief that the royal family were enjoying their meal, the talking and laughter in between made them see a side they never saw before from their co-ruler Princess Celestia, a side of a happy mother with her son.

Gustave clap his talons together. “Alright ztaff that enough gotting, we got plenty more mouths to feed, it going to be a very busy night.”

“Yes boss.” Some said and others nod going back to their stations.

“Keep up the good work.” He went to the fryer placing cut up and washed potatoes into the basket placing them into hot boiling cooking oil. “A very very busy night...” He whispered.


The last of the customers left the restaurant, Pound closing and locking the doors, the rest of the staff busy cleaning up the dining area and kitchen on the ground level, Gustave filtering the from the vats to remove the pieces of food that got stuck at the bottom in the upstairs kitchen, closing the bucket up and removing the heat residence rubber gloves to suddenly hear laughter, peering over the counter to see Celestia, Gale and Shining Armor at the table still.

Gustave got up walking out of the kitchen to see they were the only remaining customers in the store. “Gale that isn't how you play chess you cheeky cub!” Shining chuckled, Gustave walked up to the table seeing a chess board was set up with Gale moving a piece in the incorrect place. “Now your doing it on purpose.”

Celestia giggled. “Indeed he is.” Gale gets a hoof pushing around on the seat and Celestia using her wing to tickle his right paw, Gale burst into a fit of laughter kicking around trying to stop his mum but failing due to her being stronger overall. “Now you going to play right or do I need to tickle you some more?” She grinned.

Gale breathing in and out holding his chest slowly sat back up tucking his hindlegs under him to keep her wings away from his paw pads. “Okay mum.” Gale gave a cheeky grin.

Celestia put the pieces back in place. “Ready to try for real?” He nods. “You-”

Gustave speaks up. “Zorry to interrupt Princess Celestia but le restaurant is closed, le ztaff and le Gustave can not leave till it all cleaned up.” Gustave le Grand bow his head slightly removing his hat showing respect as well requesting for her to leave.

Princess Celestia bow her head slightly back to him. “It alright Gustave, we were unaware about the time that past by.”

“Oh, time fly fun?”

“Indeed son, indeed.” Celestia hugs Gale with a wing for a second before letting go. “Shining Armor can you take Gale to the toilets before we go?”

Shining saluted. “Of course, come Gale.”

“Okay!” Gale hooped off the seat following Shining Armor to the public toilets.

Celestia using her magic to pick up the board and pieces, they vanish in a flash of magic. “I really like to thank you Gustsave for this lovely evening, we really had a good night out.” Celestia got up from her seat using her magic to clean the surface of the table up for him.

Gustave whistled seeing how she removed any kind of mess left on the table surface to get cleaned up by a magical aura. “Impressive Princess.”

“It the least I can do for delaying you and your staff.” Celestia said to Gustave as she pick up Gale's bag with his plush in it with a foreleg, hooking it under her wing as she closed it against the bag. “This will be one of those moments my son will keep in his memories both in heart and in his book.”

Gustave le Grand hummed. “Le Gustave le Grand is happy to zee my customers are happy, le recent events that unfolded really has helped the business to expand in ways le Gustave never thought possible.” He place a talon on the chest with eyes closed before opening them again. “Prince Gale is and will always be our honorary guest to Le Gustave le Grand Icy Delights!” He raise a talon up pointing a claw up towards the ceiling showing gusto as he speaks with praise in his voice.

Celestia turn to see Gale coming out of the toilets with Shining Armor in tow. “I believe Gale be happy to hear that Gustave, also I believe before we go Gale would like to ask you something first.” Celestia about to give the bag to him. “You did wash your talons young cub didn't you?”

Gale rolled his eyes. “Yes... Mum...” Gale took the bag from her.

Shining Armor chuckled. “I know how you feel kiddo, I been there many times before with my mum.”

Gale pulled out the camera from the bag, he point to it, to himself and Gustave. “You wish for a photo of us?” He nods.”Le Gustave le Grand accepts!” He open the wings up with a puff of the chest.

Gale gave Shining Armor the camera, once he let go of it from resting on Shining's hoof the stallion used his magic to pick it up looking through the eye piece aiming the camera in their direction. “Princess I think you should be in it too.”

“Do you want me in it too son?” Gale nods, Celestia walk up behind them kneeing down on all four knees. “Is this good?” Celestia asked the captain, Shining nods. “Also take three, one for Gale, for me and for Gustave.” Gustave quickly turn his head to her. “I believe Gale would like you to have a memory of this too.”

Gale happily nod. “Magnifique...” He whispers and turn around to face the camera.

Captain Armor took a good look through the lens. “Prefect princess, now smile.” They smiled and he took the photo, three of them as requested, each polariod photo sliding out the front, Shining gives one to Gustave as it slowly appears on the polariod.

Gale took the camera and the remaining photos, giving one to Celestia before placing the other in the bag, Gale then aim the camera at Shining. “Look like you've getting another photo taken captain.”

“Fair enough.” He removed the helmet putting it under his foreleg standing to attention in front of Gale.

Gale laughed. “Funny! Like!” He took the photo. “Yay!” He took a few more shots of the dining area before putting it and the photos away. “Ready!”

Celestia ruffled his feathered head with her wing. “That we are, when we get home your going to have a bath than bed young cub.”

“Muuum!”

“You don't want to go to bed all sweaty and smelly do you?” Gale sniff his feathers and scrunch up his beak rapidly shaking his head. “Good.” She giggled and turn to Gustave. “I bid you and your staff a good night and thank you for the lovely meal as well the enjoyable night.” Celestia with Gale and Shining Armor walk down the stairs, Pound surprised to see they were still in store quickly unlock the doors to let them out, bidding them a good night too before they set off back to the castle in the distance.

Pound relock the doors turning around to see Gustave walking down the steps semi staring at the photo as it fully develops. “Boss, I had no idea they were st-”

Gustave speaks over him. “It fine, le Gustave zays this been a grand night, best we ever have.” Gustave reach the end of the steps. “You all will be getting a pay raise after the next pay, keep up the good work.” He walks to the office past the staff looking surprised by what he said.

Pound kept his static look. “Raise?” He raised a eye brow, glancing through the darken shades to the entrance. “That cub is something...” He whispered and turn to the still shocked staff. “Stop gotting and get back to cleaning up team, you two go up stairs and finish up what the boss haven't done.”

“Right away Pound!” The mare said and she with the stallion work colleague went up stairs to the kitchen of Fliers Delight, the other ponies went back to work with their cleaning.

Gustave enter his office flopping into his seat pulling the chief hat off tossing it onto the desk, he look at the photo again. “Dream of expansion is coming true and it because of one action the cub got me to act one... Magnifique prince Gale... Magnifique...” Gustave take a pin and pins the photo up on the notice board next to the newspaper clipping of a week ago, when he hosted the first Macaw Griffon party and it made news in a small column of the Canterlot Daily.

Things was looking up for the Prench Griffon and his growing business.

(Linebreak)

Chapter 53.5: Let Those Scones Sell – The day is Saturday at Griffonstone and Gilda trying to sell those Griffon Scones with no success on Friday afternoon.

  1. Gabby
  2. Gallus
  3. Gabby and Gallus

Update: Voting is closed.

PreviousChapters Next