• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,293 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
63
 1,560
 14,293

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15 – A Different Griffon Brush Off: Part One

Author's Note:

When I watched the episode: A Griffon Brush Off, I always thought it was a bit one sided and that Pinkie Pie got off very lightly on this. Yes Gilda's actions were wrong too but as the old saying goes...

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Also yes Gilda did wrong with Fluttershy, Granny Smith and stealing. That what got me curious... If Gilda hanged around ponies so long during her cubhood why would she act the way she did? Was this all part of compacting it in 22 minutes of a episode? After all this time why would Rainbow Dash not try to talk things out with Gilda and end years of friendship?

Well with Princess Celestia, Shining Armor and Gale being in Ponyville, it seems that very story is now being rewritten. How will this end? Hmm... You will have to read and see. This side of the story will take a few parts, no need to rush this out.

It time to shine.

Enjoy the story my friends and Happy New Year!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 15 – A Different Griffon Brush Off: Part One

The overnight train pulled up from Canterlot into Ponyville Train Station, ponies leaving the train soon as it stopped. Two guards stepped out of the royal carriage, they stood to attention as Shining Armor, Flash Sentry, Gale and Princess Celestia stepped out afterwards. Many ponies noticed Celestia in a instant and stopped to bow to her.

Celestia rose her hoof. “Please go about your business.” They stopped bowing and went on their way, some getting on the train to other ponies going off into Ponyville.

Shining Armor point his hoof over to the Golden Oak Library after the train pulled out from the station. “We do not have far to go Princess, the place my sister lives at just right there.”

Celestia rubbed her hoof under her snout. “Hmm... Strange. I thought it was a bit closer to Sugarcube Corner.”

“Are you certain Princess?”

Celestia shrugged. “Now I think of it. I was distracted by my sisters recent return and the festival held in her honour.” Celestia recalling the events of little over three weeks ago.

Gale tilted his head at the sight of the tree like house. “Let me guess, weird that a library slash home is an house tree?” Gale nods to Flash Sentry. “Your not the only one that find that weird and a bit ironic that paper comes from trees.”

They left the train platform walking across the rails to the Golden Oak Library, as they got closer the voice of Twilight could be heard alongside Spike's. “Twily must of just got the newspaper princess.”

“It seems she has.” Celestia walk up to the door and knocked on it.

WHAT!?” Twilight screamed at the door.

Celestia quickly responded to Twilight's scream. “Twilight it m-”

Twilight screaming out Celestia's name and the sudden pop with flash interrupted Celestia. “Princess Celestia!?”

The door opens with Twilight's magic, she quickly bowing her head. “I am so so so sorry Princess! I didn't know you were coming!”

“Of course you didn't, I never sent you a letter.” Celestia responded with an calm tone.

Twilight rose her head up. “Wh-” She froze seeing not only her brother Shining Armor

“Hi Twily!”

“Shining Armor!?” Twilight stood surprised seeing him.

He also stood with a orange Pegasus guard, but the griffon Gale from the newspaper was there too. Shifting her eyes to each of them rapidly as her mind just shuts down from trying to process everything that just happened.

“I-ha-ga-fj-ka!” Twilight's horn shorts, out her mane fizzles into a mess with smoke raising. “Hahaha...” Twilight laughed and her eyes roll to the back of her head.

They watch the purple unicorn tip backwards onto her back with all four legs in the air, the right hind-leg twitching. Gale curiously walked over to her as Spike stared in surprise from over the book he held.

The griffon tap Twilight's right hind hoof with a claw tip and tilted his head in confusion as he continue to hear her muttering words in a nonsensical way that made no sense at all to Gale.

Shining Armor put his hoof to the forehead rubbing it, Flash Sentry frowning with confusion at what just happened and Celestia was standing there calmly watching Gale try to make sense of what just happened.

Next words spoken by Celestia were...

“Well... That went better than I thought it would.”

Shining Armor raise a eye brow. “How exactly is that better?”

“She could of surged and blew the door off it hinges.”

Shining Armor rose his hoof to protest but thinking of what Celestia just said made him realise she was right. “Fair point...” Shining Armor put his hoof down, using his magic to pick up Twilight and walk over to the beanbag cushions to set her down on.

That when Gale noticed Spike and his curiously walked up to the purple dragon, circling around Spike looking up and down with wonder in his eyes. Spike nervously watch the teenage griffon circle around him a few times before he got his voice to ask. “What is he doing?”

Celestia put her hoof up over her muzzle realising her mistake. “I may have told him about you but not what you were.”

“When the blank scrolls came to you Princess?” Celestia nods to Spike's question.

“Well!” He puff his chest out. “I'm Spike a dragon!” Gale took a deep breath like Spike did and puff his chest out as well.

Shining Armor closed the door after the rest entered and the guards took station outside the library entrance. “It look like Gale likes you Spike.” Shining chuckled. “Why not show him some of the Daring Do books?”

“Sure! But afterwards could you explain to me why you all here? And why Twilight wasn't told you were coming?” Spike asked for two answers to his two questions.

“We will.” Celestia nods and wave her wing to Gale. “Go on follow Spike he will show you where the Daring Do books are.” He squawk happily.

Spike shows him where they are, Celestia and Shining Armor explains to him about the theory of why they can't get Gale to speak. Also how they found a clue that may lead to the best choice in griffon to have Gale taught by.

Spike poured some tea for the Princess and put the tea pot down on the plate. “So this is what made you choose Gilda huh? Because she best friends with Rainbow Dash...” He rubbed the underside of his snout. “That makes sense and weirdly enough Gilda in fact right here in Ponyville with Rainbow Dash.”

Gale quickly rose his head from the Daring Do book he was reading with surprise in his eyes. “Your serious?” Shining Armor asked.

Spike nods. “Yeah, Pinkie Pie told me and Twilight only minutes before you arrived.”

Celestia was surprised. “That coincidentally surprising Spike... The chances of a newspaper coming out with the article about my little griffon Gale, Gilda being friends with Rainbow Dash from a flight camp and being here at all days we come to see Rainbow Dash. The odds of that is-”

“Unbelievable huge!” They all turn to Pinkie Pie standing next to Gale, his eyes slowly turn to the pink pony. The griffon quickly moved when she reach a hoof out to him, before she could even have her hoof where he were Gale was already behind Celestia's right foreleg. “Wow his fast!”

Shining Armor turn to the door and back to Pinkie Pie. “How did you get in here?”

“Oh through the window on the balcony!” Pinkie points up to the open double doors.

Shining Armor stared up at it and turn to Celestia. “Sorry Princess I didn't think to place any guards up there!”

Celestia dismissed it. “It fine captain. A lesson to be learnt for next time.” He nods. “Now Pinkie Pie what brings you back to the library?”

“Oh!” Pinkie slap her forehead with her hoof. “I came to talk to Twilight about that meany griffon Gilda! She popped my balloons and caused me to crash my peddle chopper!”

“And why would she do that?” Celestia curiously asked as Gale kept his eyes on Pinkie Pie at all times.

Pinkie Pie start to walk back and forwards. “Well... I decided to meet up with them and hang out with Rainbow Dash! Cause it was later!”

“How later was this?”

“Erm... About a hour. Why?”

Shining Armor glance to Celestia mouthing the word 'hour?'

Celestia rose her hoof for a second to tell Shining she got this. “From the beginning Pinkie Pie.”

“Okay...” Pinkie Pie explains everything that happened.

Shining Armor sighed. “Gilda was irritated. by your actions Miss Pie. When she told Rainbow Dash to race her to a higher cloud it was for them to spend more time alone.”

“And that means?”

“That means you are jealous.”

“WHAT!? Me jealous!?”

“Green with envy... Well pink in your case.” Spike points out to Pinkie Pie.

Gale listen to them speak and even he could see how this Gilda reacted but he thought she overreacted too, but the thought of how he reacted to his mum, aunt and Shining Armor found him first came to mind.

His own reaction could be classed as overreaction by some.

“Gah! I-You-” Celestia rose her hoof to silent Pinkie Pie.

“Pinkie Pie what you did was jealousy. You had no idea what Rainbow Dash and Gilda were up to and you wanted in on the action. But also the way Gilda reacted by this was in the wrong too.” Celestia sighed softly. “Both of you are at the end in the wrong, neither you acted in an respective manner.”

“You can't be serious! Rain-” Gale threw a pillow at her, she stared down at it and back at Gale with forelegs crossed frowning at her. “What was that for?”

Celestia smiled. “He telling you to be quiet and think of your actions.” Gale squawk with a nod. “I think his right, might not be able to talk but his actions does speak.” Celestia tap her hoof on the end of her muzzle.

“Let's put this in your point of view. You and Rainbow Dash are doing whatever you wish to do.” Celestia creates a grid image before her with a cyan and pink ponies on it. “Now Gale shows up and bothers you to play.” Image shows a teenage griffon on it.

Gale complains with a squawk. “It a reference not something you do kiddo.” Shining Armor rubbed his feathered head with a hoof.

“What would you do?”

“Let him play of course!”

“Urg...” Shining Armor shook his head. “What if it something only you and Rainbow want to do and he keep bugging you over it?”

“Erm...” Pinkie Pie tapping her snout a few times thinking it over and gasped as Celestia dispelled the spell. “Oh I-” Pinkie realises. “Oh... Wow... I was being jealous...” Pinkie dropped to her flank staring down at the floor.

Celestia walked over to the sudden sadden pink pony putting a wing over her. “Pinkie Pie we all not perfect, we think we are at times and act with actions we do not realise that would cause issues.”

Gale shook his head not going near Pinkie Pie as Celestia gestured him to come over. “Guess he doesn't feel keen in being near you.”

“Why?” Celestia remove her wing from Pinkie Pie walking back over to Gale standing by the teenage griffon.

“That something I can not know.” Celestia thought of a idea. “How about you join me and Gale for something to eat while we leave Rainbow Dash and Gilda to have their friend time?” Celestia offered. “My treat.”

Pinkie Pie smiled. “I like that! Thank you Princess!”

“Princess...” Shining approached.

Celestia turn to Twilight Sparkle still unconscious. “Flash Sentry will be with us, you stay here and explain to your sister and Spike about everything on Gale.”

“Fair enough, but only if you take the other guards with you.”

“Acceptable.” Celestia agreed. “Shall we go?”

“Yeparooine!” Pinkie Pie giggled bouncing to the door and opening it before bouncing out of it.

The two guards at the door look to each other with surprise turning to Celestia whom just shook her head with a 'no worry' gesture.

Gale tilt his head slightly and now look to his talons and paws. Bending down he pushed off both talons and paws to jump on the spot not moving from it, he tired to bounce like Pinkie did but no matter what he couldn't move from the spot like she could.

“Curious pony isn't she?” Gale still trying nods before he finally gave up after a few more tries breathing heavily. He wondered how Pinkie Pie did it.

“Time to meet Gilda, Gale.” Gale squawk happily and walk out the door with Celestia, Sentry with the other guards follow them to the café at the market.

A short time later Twilight woke up groaning. “Spike... I was dreaming that-” Her eyes met her brothers. “Shiny?”

“Twily.”

“Princess Celestia really did adopt a griffon didn't she?”

“Yes she did, come sit over here and I will explain everything to you Twily.”

She sits down beside Shining Armor and Spike joined them. “Everything, right?”

Spike raise a claw. “Princess Celestia did give him permission to do so!”

“That she did, only what I seen and know of. To get the rest you will have to ask all three princesses for their part.” Shining Armor explained. “Ready?” They nod.

“Just over a week ago I reported in about the food waste theft to Princess Celestia...”

PreviousChapters Next