• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,303 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,303

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 42.5 – Discord's Dilemma

Author's Note:

Short Chapter of what happened to Discord in a interesting way.

Always welcome comments, enjoy the story all.

Stay healthy and safe.

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 42.5 – Discord's Dilemma

In a flash Discord appears on a rocky ledge collapsing instantly on his knees with talon and paws on the ground in front, he breathed in and out trying to catch his breath, the teleporting escape had drained his chaos magic to the point of exhaustion.

Slowly getting up his eyes met a scene of floating buildings, rocky islands and trees with background endlessly glowing with a golden light. “Did I make the wrong teleport turn at the path back there?”

Discord picked up a stone and let's go, it floats away from him. “Reminds me of home, just brighter.” Discord rubbed his beard with the talon. “Not going to help me though, my magic is spent...” He crossed the arms with a frown.

“How curious.” Discord heard a voice directly behind him, he turn to see nothing there, he looked to his left to the right. “I had a feeling someone was coming to the Spirit Realm unexpectedly, welcome.” Discord slowly looked up to have his eyes meet the eyes of a old tortoise floating above him holding a gold staff with ying yang on it, the old tortoise had a long golden cape too.

Discord eyes shift away from the tortoise taking in the sights of the realm once more. “Spirit Realm hmm?”

“Indeed, I am Oogway and you are?”

“Discord, lord of chaos.” He snap his lion paw getting only a small spark but no display of his power. “I really hate not having my chaos!” Discord crossed his arms giving a very grumpy look with a “Humpth!” He snorted.

Oogway chuckled lightly. “I can see that, come with me and we will talk.”

Discord rolled his red pupils around. “Stupid random teleportation...” He grumbled.

“Random, not random, you were meant to come here.”

“Please! I didn't aim to come here! If anything I just wanted to get some distance from that beak brain.” Discord replied.

Oogway just kept his smile poking Discord with one of his claw fingers. “Maybe you believe that, maybe you do not, who is to know, but what is now? We are talking Discord, come with me.”

Discord sighs. “Fine!” He flies after Oogway. “Not that I can do anything else in this stupid place!”

“You have travelled with one other from beyond the realms, dreaming but physically here, it a interesting experience is it not?”

Discord blinked. “Ho-”

“How do I know?” Oogway interrupted Discord. “I saw it, our world, the living realm, the spirit realm all part of a child's memories and now playing out part of events?” Discord jaw just dropped as Oogway laughs. “What is, what isn't? What dream, what isn't a dream? It all the same thing is it not?”

Discord put his jaw back in place. “You are chaotically confusing! I can't even understand it!”

Oogway land on a boat, Discord lands on it too, with a push with the staff it sails across the void past upside down buildings. “I know, isn't it frustrating?”

“Yes!” Discord growled. “It doesn't help that Gale put our way to end the dream in a stupid puzzle sphere!”

Oogway turn around sitting down. “Interesting mind he has, one that scrambled but not so scrambled at the same time? It all part of the adventure.” He picked up a flower giving it to Discord. “You may never be his friend but a uncle... Yes I can see that.”

“Uncle? Please! I am no uncle!”

“Not yet.” Oogway laughed.

Discord rolled his eyes again. “You got a point to this part from being a annoying old fart!” Discord waved the flower around held in his talon.

Oogway tap Discord on the end of the muzzle with his staff. “I do and we both know your older than I, in fact I am a spring tortoise to you.”

“Get to the point!” Discord narrow his eyes.

“Very well, you have a choice to make at this very moment, one that affect the child.” Oogway stands up moving his staff around with symbols forming. “What is, what to be, what will happen when you are freed has been set in stone, you know it deep inside, you can not avoid it, but what if you can?”

Discord anger fades with confusion appearing. “You got my interest...”

Oogray push both claw hands out to Discord, a wave of warmth washed over him. “This will aid you in leaving the Spirit Realm, but here is the real kicker Discord.” He wave the staff around showing to images. “Two paths lay out in front of you, one you can return and free yourself with the energy I just gave you or...”

He turn to the other. “You can go to the mountain above the Jade Palace and be there for Gale when he awakes, show that chaos doesn't need to shown as truly evil to those that believe you are.” Oogway faced Discord once again. “I given you a interesting choice have I not?”

Discord looked at the two images. “Your a dream, that impossible!”

“What impossible, what is possible? It all the same thing.” Oogway calmly said to him not phased by the action he just preformed.

Discord raise his talon and paw up looking at each of them. “One I can return and cause untold chaos right now, throw them in a spin... But It could mean I speed up events...” Discord raise his eyes to Oogway. “Yet Gale got hurt trying to get the sphere, what if he can never wake up?”

“Perhaps that what might happen, I can not say.”

Discord groans. “I made my choice!”

“Wait!”

“What is it!?”

“Give this to my friend Shifu.”

“And who is that?”

“You will know him when you see him.” Oogway gave the scroll to Discord.

“Fine! Whatever! I am out of here!” With his talon raised up, a snap the lord of chaos was gone.

Oogway looked over his shoulder. “As I thought he would, we may never get to talk again Discord, maybe we will. Who knows.” He sat down closing his eyes taking a deep slow breath. “Good luck in your journey.”


Discord appears on top of the mountain over looking the Jade Palace, first thing he sees is Gale unconscious being carried from the palace by Crane with Tigress beside him, Po and the others talking to Master Shifu with the other kung fu fighters Mantis, Viper and Monkey. “How can I let that stupid tortoise get to me!?”

He rose up the sealed scroll. “He wasn't kidding about knowing him when you see him.” Discord looking to the sleeping quarters for the students of the Jade Palace kung fu fighters, on the snow covered ground by his cloven hoof was the flower Oogway gave him.

“Well played Tortoise.” Discord chuckled picking it up with his paw.

PreviousChapters Next