• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,309 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,309

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 101: Somewhat back to Normal

Author's Note:

Back in action, I decided to take a month off for preparing for conventions, playing some video games and just chilling out.

This chapter is returning to some form of normality after all that took place, trying to move on.

Hope you enjoy reading the chapter and love to read your comments!

Stay safe and healthy all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 101: Somewhat back to Normal

The eyelids open and the solid purple eyes stared at the side of the bed to the window as first morning rays enter the room, his guard training had kicked in for him to wake. The changeling-griffon hybrid pushed himself up onto his hunches the sheets falling idolly by him, the eyes fell upon the velvet sheets and slowly move around the room with reality kicking back in.

Raising his talons up flexing the claws and twisting the wrists side to side. “Feel so natural to have theses talons, I know what I became and my life taken a new twist.” Spyro slip over the bed and place the paws down on the marble flooring, he felt the pads press against the cool surface. “Soft and firm protective pawpads.” He said to himself pushing off the bed to land on his talons to stand on all fours.

Spyro walked up to the mirror to get a good look at himself, he seen this new look a few times already but it still felt a little alien. “I gather not all the creatures are aware of changelings, so...” He changed the insect wings into golden feathered ones, the chitin shift into a coat of feathers and fur to his eyes changing with the purple pupils that had the whites around it giving a natural griffish appearance.

He did a small slow swirl looking at the mirror to get a good look at his slightly changed appearance. “Not looking to bad Spyro.” He gave that hero chest push out pose with forelegs press against each other foreclaws spread apart from each other, and wings flared open for the dramatic heroic pose.

“I look as heroic and stunning as the dragon I pretended to be for Gale.” He eased the pose walking up to the window to look out at the sun slowly raising into the sky, Spyro looked around the bed room and within it was a bed he had slept in, a nightstand beside it with a alarm clock ticking gentle away, a dresser with an wardrobe and a door to his own personal bathroom. “Today is a whole new start to my life, I will do you proud my queen and be the big brother that I've become.”

Spyro step into view of the mirror standing proud with a toothy beak smile looking back, a knock came from the double doors. “Coming!” Spyro walked up to it placing a talon on one of the door handle and pulled open the door.

Upon opening the door he was greeted by the armoured one eye wolf. “Morning Lord Spyro.”

“Morning Alpha.” Spyro stepped out of the bedroom. “I gather Gale already gone down for breakfast?”

As Spyro shut the door Alpha answered. “No Lord Gale is at the Phoenix Greenhouse checking up on Shadow, if you like I can show you the way.”

Spyro nod. “I would like that Alpha, lead the way.” Alpha turn and walk, Spyro following just to the side of his good eye's field of vision. “Why are you calling me lord?”

Alpha walked down the stairs with Spyro. “It part of my culture Lord Spyro, those you would call queen, king, prince and princess I will call them either Lord or Lady.”

“As in the culture of a fictional world?”

“Yes, and that world maybe fictional as I should be, but it my history, my true home and my life.”

“Same to my life before the bonding, before I changed.”

“I am glad we are I a understanding on the subject Lord Spyro.” Alpha smiled a little. “The recent events left a lot of new wondrous and dangerous things opened up, we as trained soldiers or guards will have to keep a wary eye.”

Spyro knew that all too well on a personal level, the events that happened recently really opened up so many things, their worlds connected, the Created, Grogar and so much more. “If it wasn't for Shal-Quz and her crazy plan to destroy our worlds I would still be serving close to Queen Chrysalis, but now I serve her with a whole new purpose in life and also a start of a new life for myself here in the world I now call home for the rest of my life.”

The guards open the door to the small gesture Alpha gave them, they stepped outside down the stone flat path to the greenhouse up ahead passing statues, flower beds, bush sculptures and trimmed trees. “Even that is all true, you still can go back for short visits without having negative effects between the two of you.”

“That is true Alpha.” He stopped looking at the two set of doors that lay ahead. “So this is the Phoenix Greenhouse?”

“Correct, it quite warm inside it.” He push the first set of doors open. “Come Lord Gale is within.” He noticed Sunbeam standing inside the greenhouse past the second set of doors, they walk through the first set, closing the doors behind to open the next set to greet Sunbeam. “Private Sunbeam, good morning.”

Sunbream saluted. “Good morning Alpha, Prince Spyro. Prince Gale is at Philomena's nest with both Philomena and the chick Shadow, also Leela and Rocky are with him.” Sunbeam reported to Alpha and Spyro.

“Thank you.” Alpha said and they walked on by down the path to the nest.

Spyro felt the humidity of the greenhouse, the wondrous exotic plant life and the sound of bugs around them. “I seen a few greenhouses back at home, but this is on a whole different level and this is all for Philomena?”

Alpha noticed movement in the trees, it was moved without disturbing the leaves or make a sound. “Yes, Lady Celestia had it built for her pet and long time companion Philomena.”

Spyro noticed the quick shifts of movement of Alpha's eye, he was tracking something. “I never really got to meet a phoenix, this will be a first for me.” He continued to conversation, Alpha got the hint.

They arrived at the clearly where the nest sat still warily watching the surroundings. “Alpha! Spyro! Morning!” Gale waved his talon at them, they saw the teenage griffon with Celestia at a portable magical powered stow cooking pancakes, next to them was Gilda wearing a apron holding a mixing bowl mixing the mix and behind her a portal oven with griffish scones being baked.

A table was being set up by Luna, Cadance, Shining Armor, Rocky and Leela. Philomena stood on the rim of her nest watching, the little phoenix Shadow sat on top of Leela's turban as she uses her magic to whisk the plates around with the movement of her talon hand. “Morning Lord Gale... Why are we having breakfast here?” Alpha curiously asked.

Celestia applied the mix to the heated pan. “It was a spur of the moment idea I came up with Alpha.”

“It a weird one, but a cool one.” Gilda said as she put the mix down and checked on the scones cooking. “With all the crazy that happened, something just random was needed.” Gilda closed the lid up and continue to mix. “

Spyro walked up to the cooking stations. “Morning, is there anything I can do?”

Gale shook his head. “Nope, you sit and food come to you first! You get first servings big brother!” Gale said.

“That dweeb means relax and enjoy the morning with a awesome misfit of a family.” Gilda chuckled and she applied the mix to her oven tray, than put the new mix in the lower shelf of the oven.

“I can do that, there something I have noticed.” He took a seat, Alpha watching the trees.

Leela using her magic pour some apple juice into the cup for Spyro, Philomena spoke mentally catching the blackish grey disguised griffon by surprise. “That would be Grover and Nightingale, swift and silent movements, I been watching from here.”

Spyro never knew a phoenix could telepathically speak, he knew they were very smart and cleaver but this was new to him. “I never knew phoenixes could speak with a telepathic voice.”

You do know now cub.” The phoenix grinned.

Emerging from the trees Grover pushed towards the ground by Nightingale, they hit the ground rolling around for the Griffoness pinning her dad down. “Now dad, do you believe I can handle myself?”

“Clearly I can see that.” Grover said as he lay there looking up at his daughter pinning him down. “Help your old griffon up?”

Nightingale got off him and helped the former king up onto his talons and paws. “I enjoyed that dad, the one I was raised with in the-”

Grover put his talon against her side. “Grovlia... That was your life for 799 years, don't ever let that cloud what we have now, even created by that mad zebra, that was your world, your home.”

Nightingale grabbed the foreleg and pulled him into a hug. “Thank you dad... That exactly what I needed to hear.”

“Happy to help.” He hugged back. “And glad we can have this moment.”

Luna finished setting up and took a seat at the table. “We all are having a special moment at this time, if I was told that today I would not only have a brother in law, nephews and nieces including friends. I would of thought you all were crazy, but look at us now.” Luna looked around as the others took their seats as Gilda, Gale and Celestia continue to finish up with breakfast for everyone.

“One big happy family and friends.” Cadance said warmly looking around the room. “By spring time Shiny and his family be joining our ever growing family.”

Shining Armor put his hoof on hers on top of the table. “And that day I am looking forward to Cadance.”

The breakfast was finished, Celestia using her magic put the plates of pancakes and griffish scones down in front of everyone, she with Gilda and Gale took their seats at the table, Phiomena happily peeking away at her pancake with Shadow. “And it will be held here in Canterlot at the castle, I look forward to presiding over it.”

Rocky already eating a scone swallowed it before speaking about the wedding. “Now that something I would love to attend! The fact we been cooped up in a cube world for all our lives, every day a new day!”

“That it is.” Leela said drinking a bit of her tea. “I wouldn't mind taking a trip to Ponyville with you Princess Celestia.”

Celestia turn to the little anthropomorphic bird. “That during the Running of the Leaves in two days time, I gather you found out because it was written down?”

Leela pat her talon on the book. “Yes, sorry Princess there a lot of things I know that I shouldn't, but it all part of who and what I am.”

“A record keeper.” She tap the claw tip on the beak tip. “How would you like to be the Royal Record Keeper.” Celestia offered.

“Are you hiring me for a job Princess?”

“Yes I am.”

Leela's eyes widen. “I'll take it princess Celestia! I would be honoured to be your Royal Record Keeper!”

Celestia picked up the scone. “I'll have the paper work filled out after breakfast.” She took a bite out of the scone.

Gale tilt his head. “Running of Leaves? Why run with leaves?”

Shining Armor laughed and so did the others. “Gale have you noticed how the leaves are turning orange and the unicorns been pulling them off the branches?” Gale nod. “In Ponyville they have a race through the forested areas specially the Whitetail woods to bring down the leaves, as they gallop the vibrations bring the leaves down.”

Gale looked surprised. “Really? That weird.”

“That is.” Alpha responded. “They just fall on their own where I came from, I gather that the same with the Everfree Forest too?”

Cadance nod. “That correct, that the weird one for us.”

Gilda, Grover and Nightingale looked at each other. “You do know that Griffina the weather has a mind of it own too, we do not control the weather like it is here in Equestria.” Nightingale stated.

“Also don't forget the Griffish Isles, Trottingham doesn't have a weather team, the island has a unstabl-” Gilda pause seeing them staring at her, she goes sightly red in the face and groans. “Urg... I am so becoming a egghead...” She slam her face into the table getting a laugh from everyone.

Spyro as he happily ate his breakfast enjoyed seeing this, it made him feel happy seeing they all joking, chatting away and so on, it was the feeling of being a part of the family. “Mum is griffons from Equis 14 coming today?”

“Indeed they are, this afternoon if I am not mistaken.” Celestia drunk a bit of her tea. “If you like to meet them today, you will have to do well with what you learn today from Gilda and behave.”

Gale nod. “I do well and be good too!”

Gilda shook her head a little. “And he does both so well already.” She muttered.

Alpha's eye shift to a shimmer, he instantly jump out of the seat throwing a punch at it to be caught by a invisible force that soon emerges to the two fingers and two thumbs of Arbiter. “Impressive reflexes, I can see how you managed to deal a crippling blow to Shal-Quz.” He let go of the fist, now turning to Celestia bowing his head slightly to her. “Princess.”

“Arbiter, this is a surprise, what brings you to us this morning?” Celestia put the cup down.

Spyro took in the details of this creation, he recalled how shocked Prince Wells was when he heard about Arbiter, now the changeling-griffon got a good idea why. “What the heck are you?” He directly asked Arbiter.

Arbiter approached as Alpha retook his seat and Gale praised him for his quick actions. “I am what you call a Sangheili, I am a Created from the mind of Creator Gale.” He turn to Celestia. “I am here to invite Creator Gale, the griffons of Equis 14, Princess Nightingale to the Mausoleum of Worlds.”

Gilda had a good idea what that meant. “It a place to respect what is gone isn't it?”

“Correct, those that are gone as in whole worlds of life, Earth, Equis 14 and Inverse Equis.” Arbiter said. “And I apologise for undermining you Princess towards your son Creator Gale.”

Celestia raise a talon. “It alright, this is a unusual and it sound like your doing this for us to remember those that are gone.”

“It was be a service and a honour to do so Princess, so many countless lives had been lost even by natural events that happened in two of the three cases before we knew about it.” Shining turn to Nightingale seeing the look in her eyes as they look conflicted. “Princess Nightingale, even the Inverse Reality was created by Zerra using you on the day of your birth to create it, the world was very much real and you were raised in.”

Nightingale held her cup of tea with both talons wrap around it staring down into the semi dark brown liquid. “Your right I was, even those that I called mum and dad were not my real parents they still raised me to be the griffon I am today.” She rose her gaze to the white stallion. “Thank you Captain Armor for reminding me of that.” Now her eyes set on Arbiter. “I gather the survivors of the Inverse Reality be there too?”

Arbiter brow lowered. “I have sent word to them, if they show up or not is up to them.”

“Of course, I just hope they do arrive.”

“As do I Princess Nightingale.” He step back from the table turning to walk away. “I hope to see you two there tonight at 8pm, friends and family are welcomed too.” Arbiter activate his stealth system and disappear from view as he continue to walk away.

Spyro could feel that Gale liked this, it was closing a page from the past. “Remember, respect and learn from the past and move on, even there been mistakes along the way” Spyro said.

Luna put her wing over him. “Well said nephew, I gather this is the speaking of the heart you and Gale share?”

Gale nod. “Yes, I want that, it feels right! Silvite should be there too!”

“Dweeb she probably will be.” Gilda said before eating her breakfast.

Alpha cut a piece of the pancake and stabbed it with a folk, raising it up to his eye the wolf spoke. “Also to include that the reason we mourning the loses of Equis 14 and have survivors is because of Shal-Quz's actions.”

Grover agreed. “That is true, because of her Glacier, Octicovix and Silvite brought home survivors, her senseless madness allowed us all to win and become whole again.”

“To family.” Leela raise her cup.

“To family!” They said together and continue to eat their breakfast.


Spyro sat on a cushion in a private study watching Gale's lessons in action with Gilda, she was teaching him to speak a little better as well going over some history prospective, Alpha stood near by with Sunbeam keeping guard and watching the lesson too. “Ok cub, look at these words on the board and look at my beak afterwards.”

“Okay.” Gale nod.

Gilda point to each word as she semi-faced him. “Hi... I'm... Gale. Nice... to... meet... you.”

Gale laughed a little. “No I Gale, you Gilda.”

“Gale... I know that.” She groans. “This is for you to learn to speak, like what you just said. It would go as. No I am Gale, and your Gilda.” She twist her talon around a few times and hint for him to say it.

“Oooooh, okay.” Gale understood what she meant. “Okay... I try...” He looked at the words and back at Gilda as she repeats it to him. “Hi I Gale, Nice to meet you.”

Gilda gave a flat out talon waving it side to side. “Urrrr close enough, let's go again.”

Spyro could see the patients from Gilda even through the groans, they seem to be a way to get Gale to pay more attention to what she was saying. He easily misunderstood things still, even in other areas he showed moments of clarity. “Being the dragon I got to really know Gale.” He shift forms into the purple dragon form. “I got to see how pure he is, how easily he could misunderstand things to a form of clarity that says teenager to a child getting to know the world with wondrous eyes.”

Alpha smiled slightly. “That is Lord Gale for you, and the methods of teaching from Lady Gilda is creative.”

“It seem to be a normal thing for me, just been a while since I watched.” Sunbeam said as they watched the teaching.

Spyro jump up onto a couch picking up a book opening it, he hook a hind leg over the other. “This dragon going to chill and read.” He lick the tip of the claw turning the page over to read.

“Hmm... That dragon form is very cheeky and have a more chilled personality.” Alpha rolled his one eye with a sight shake of the head.

Sunbeam could only keep her smile. “It going to be interesting having Spyro around, guess changing forms come with the personality shift?”

“Pretty much, this form I feel more chillax, more cheeky, brave and a tad bit overconfident.” Spyro squeeze two claws close together leaving a gap between them. “This is pretty much new to me as well, I don't know what it will be like for days, weeks, months or even years to come, using this form could be seen as a escape from that and just not be who I just became.”

Gilda rolled her eyes. “Dweeb, your a changeling, form shifting and such is second nature to you, inside your still you, so dragon, griffon it doesn't matter, what matters is you.”

Gale knew that all too well in the life he has now and continue to have even with the events that had took place. “Yes, inside I me!”

“That you are cub.” Gilda rubbing his talon over his feathered head getting a laugh from him. “Now back to the lesson at claw shall we?”

“Okay Gilda!”

Gilda looked over to the others. “And you three keep it down or get out, I'm teaching here, get me?”

They nod together. “Got it.” They answered

“Good.” Gilda went back to teaching Gale.

Spyro lean up a bit. “I gather get out means tossed out?” He whispered to the others, they nod and watch without much being said as Gale continue his lesson session with Gilda. “Be the way, what is is about Gustave le Grand Icy Delights I hear the Pegasi speak of?”

Alpha walked up to a window waved the dragon over, he put the book down hooped onto all four walking up to it to have a look outside to see the restaurant just outside the bounds of Restaurant Row. “Whoa, that definitely not in Canterlot from the Equestria I am from.” He jump up on to the hind legs only pushing the window open with the foreclaw holding onto the window seal. “It looks busy.”

“It sure is, all it took was for Prince Gale to go there and things really took off, even Princess Celestia ate there which even rose it popularity, now you have stands at conventions and a possible second or third location opening up in Manehatten and Las Pegasus, Hayburger got competition now.” Sunbeam said joining them to look out at the restaurant.

Alpha put his hand paw down on Spyro's back. “And by lunch time you will get to enjoy the wonderful battered fish they make there.”

Spyro recalled the battered fish Gale ate at the convention, it caused his mouth to water a little and licked his muzzle. “Wow I have a sudden craving for it.”

Alpha chuckled. “That would be your brother's doing, your his big brother afterall.”

“That I am.” Spyro warmly said back. “I got a lot to learn here just as much as he does, being a bonded brother is very new and the role I have is going to be a learning curve.”

“Isn't life like that?” Sunbeam brought up a good point as they continue to look out the window at the autumn theme coming throughout the city and beyond.

The lesson session continued for the teenage griffon, Gilda glad to see some improvement to speaking and writing. “Your really getting the hang of it cub, guess even taking a break and chillaxing you were still being taught to speak.”

Gale felt really happy hearing that he has improved. “Soon will speak normal everyone!”

“That you will.” Gilda said proudly to Gale. “It will take time and think about how you were on the day you said your first word.”

Gale thought back to it. “I said Sqilda!”

“Hehe you sure did, I hate that name but it a special point in your life for you Gale.” Gilda raise her talon to him. Gale clapped his talon against it. “Shall we continue? And at lunch time we'll go to Gustaves!”

“Yes lets!”

PreviousChapters Next