• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,292 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
63
 1,560
 14,292

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 68 – Wish Reality Part Four

Author's Note:

Happy New Year all! I hope you all had a good new year celebration! Let's hope we have a better 2021 with all the crazy of 2020 brought us all.

This concludes the Wish Reality, but things are playing into a large event, pieces are slowly starting to come together, time will tell how this will shape out to be.

It will be interesting to see how things continue to build, the next chapter will be called: 68.5: The River and the Sun.

As the new year starts, the story continues, love to hear your comments as always.

Stay safe and healthy all, yet again a big Happy New Year to all of you!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 68 – Wish Reality Part Four

Massive pulse of magic from Celestia's side of the sphere cause her to slide back, the equipment getting blown over, scrolls knocked around, with papers flying around, Luna, Twilight, Spike, Zecora and Pinkie Pie shielded by the large burst of magic by one of Sunflower's large wings, soon the light dims and they peer around the wing.

Celestia push herself out of a pile of papers and scrolls, they all watch ten golden streams of light come out of the point Celestia had touched, all flowing around the room till slamming into the ground in front of the sphere, each reviling a form of eight griffons, two ponies. “It worked!” Twilight cheered racing over to Shining Armor with Spike, he rushed over to them.

At the same time Pinkie Pie dive bombed Rainbow Dash giving her a massive hug, Sunflower scoping Maple up hugging her with the wing special, Gale flew into Celestia's forehooves, they nuzzling each other happily with sparks coming out of Celestia's shattered horn, Luna smiled warmly seeing them reunited.

RS cautiously turn around looking at the sphere. “Actions a zebra lost his mind, Zerra you are wary of?” Zecora approached RS. “River that sings, it good to see you once again.”

RS glance at her. “We met?”

“In the river of time nothing flows as it should, put a hoof in the way it changes direction, lift the land and it will reverse.” Zecora rhymed with a soft smile. “The first you see of me today, yesterday will be my first, curious how time works is it not?”

RS look around noticing no one really paying attention or hearing what Zecora just said, she leans in. “Spoilers?”

“Spoilers indeed River that Sings, what Zerra has done, will ripple from this day fourth, to what ends it meets? Even I do not know.” Zecora stares up at the sphere. “But this one thing that can be said.” Zecora leans in and whispers in rhyme to RS.

RS move her head back with surprise. “No! Really?” Zecora nods. “Well aren't we all full of surprises?”

“Aren't we all.”

Gilda, Greystorm and Octicovix noticed Nightingale watching her mother with Gale happily brought back together, she felt tensed, out of place and unsure what to make of seeing a injured pony version of her mother. “Dweeb, what the matter?”

“Alot...”

“It what Zerra did isn't it?” Greystorm said.

Nightingale look to her talon held up in the sling. “Never I had a broken bone, been ill or had anything go so horribly wrong... Zerra not only had snap my wrist, but I found out that I was taken away from my real home, the home I had all created by my privative side of my mind when I was less than a day old cub...”

Octicovix tilt her head. “Privative side of the mind?”

“All life when born, specially griffons and ponies, it take about a month give it take for the rest of the mind to fire up, we act on nothing but pure privative instincts.” Nightingale explain to Octicovix. “Basically putting it, Zerra made the wish for me, using me as a vessel, I was used to not only give me a fantasy I lived 799 years of my damn life, but my mum, the real one that I now discovered shuffled by his madness.”

The reunions from the others stopped all now paying attention to what she was saying.

“He was a complete word salad there, he was so off his rocker that nothing about what he was doing didn't make sense, it as if he loved the thrill of causing dream wishes to come crashing down all around us, he took the life I had and now thrown me into this world, the world that my mum had to watch me vanish... So even he was defeated he still won in a way...”

Celestia finally spoke. “It crushed me and Grover, we stayed married but we never truly recovered...” Celestia got up, Gale hover near her giving his mum space, she didn't dare to move though. “My heart is racing, I feel conflicted looking at you Nightingale, afraid to hug you before midnight, I don't want to see you vanish again, I can not see that, I don't want that, I feel selfish, ashamed, happy, confused, anger, sick...” Her horn sparking with golden magic explosive pulses with electrical discharges.

Trace try to calm her. “Princess, y-”

“Doctor, not now.”

“B-”

“NOT NOW!” Celestia snapped with a blast of golden lightning bursting upwards against the ceiling causing scorching against the surface, Trace quickly step back recoiling from the burst of magic from Celestia.

Gale squawk in surprise, he quickly flew backwards, flying to Gilda and keeping close to her.

Luna raise a hoof and try to say something, but Sunflower's large paw finger press against it, pushing the hoof down, she look up at her to get a shake of the head from the large finch griffon.

Celestia breathing in and out from the outburst, the mixture of feelings racing through her mind as she stared at Nightingale.

Nightingale turn to Maple. “How long?”

“Twenty Seconds to midnight.” Maple answered.

“Then we wait, we wait and see what happens beyond that point.” Nightingale stood staring right at Celestia, Twilight embraced by Shining Armor, Spike holding his tail nervously watching Nightingale.

Gale pull out from the bag the wish reality plush holding it tight to himself, he saw all eyes was upon Nightingale as the seconds slowly tick by, the tense feeling getting worse by the seconds get closer to the new day, Pinkie's teeth chattering against the tips of her hooves, Rainbow Dash muttering to her. “Come on, don't disappear, come on please don't do this to us...”

Midnight passes, Rainbow Dash glows and a burst of light she was back to a pony. “Whoa that was weird...”

Gale's plush and bag vanish into dust, he look around in confusion. “My plush gone!”

“It not the only thing look!” Gilda point to the sphere, they all look up as it glows brightly till it dims and was simply gone, the statue no longer held it up.

Nightingale still standing very tense, her own heart racing as each second now past beyond midnight, that become a minute and than two minutes. “N-Nightingale?” She saw Celestia start to cry with tears rolling down her face, Celestia stumbling towards her, hoof steps becoming very wobbly till her eyes turn up, the shattered horn letting out bursts of magic as it fizzles out.

“MUM!” Nightingale in a burst of speed race over to Celestia, flying past everyone as they all see the sun princess collapse, the sling flying off and with both talons out to catch Celestia, she eased her down with Celestia's head resting against her lap, a few more tears fall from Celestia. “Mum... No please...”

Trace quickly teleported to her side, he using a magic scan over Celestia. “Princess Celestia is seriously drained of magic, we need something to steam the leak from her shattered horn!”

Gale quickly pull off his bandanna putting it around her horn tying it up. “This help?”

“Yes it did.” Trace sighed slightly. “But we need to get her to Canterlot General ASAP!”

Nightingale saw a dark shadow loom over them, she look up at Sunflower, taking notice of the griffon that was bigger than the Wish Reality Celestia. “Oh sweet Griffax... Your huge...”

Sunflower pay no attention. “I'll take her.” She picked up Celestia placing her on Sunflower's back. “Doc, you, Gale and Nightingale come with me.”

Luna step up. “What of me!? I am her sister!”

“Teleport everyone out of here, this place hidden for a reason, you seen what that sphere was, what else could be here? We don't want more to know of it exact location, also don't forget we got a bunch of golems outside this room too, who knows what they will do with this lot. Soon as you are done come to the hospital.” Sunflower ordered.

“How dare y-”

“It it wasn't for finch griffon tech and me finding Nanner was here, none of this would be happening right now! So stop with the chit-chat and get moving!” Sunflower growled. “I might be way younger, but I got a better clear head then you have at this moment!” She poke Luna.

Luna stomp her hoof down. “Fine! You better hurry and if anything happen to my sister cause of your actions, I will come for you personally! Not only here but in your dreams!”

Sunflower smirked. “Wouldn't expect anything else from the dream princess, I will get her there without fuss.” She turn to Maple. “Nanner, I'll get in and out without being seen, meet you back here in the vault.”

Maple shrugged. “With all the crazy in the last twenty four hours, I say you handle it as you see fit, our laws never counted for something like this ever happening, it a major loophole we got.” Maple point to the door. “Now get going!”

Gale, Nightingale help Trace onto Sunflower's back, they held Celestia in place. “Alright, get ready for the smoothest ride you ever had!”

All of them watch her just leave in a blur with no wind, no sense of feeling of her even leaving. “That was seriously awesome...” Rainbow Dash stared at the empty spot. “How the heck did something that huge move like that!?”

“My granddaughter is full of surprises.”

“You look really young to be a grandmother.” Twilight said with surprise. “I would ask questions, but I really need to get to the hospital!” Twilight refocused on Princess Celestia. “Princess, I don't want to waste any more time.”

Luna nods. “All gather and Twilight will you help please?”

“I can Princess!”

Maple look around. “I am staying here, most likely Sunflower be back here shortly, all our tech need to be removed.”

Twilight looked around. “Why?” Distraction sets in and the focus on teleporting out put to the side.

“It the Finch Griffon Council policy not to share our technology, violating that is a very big no no and one I strongly agree on, specially what happened with Guto the Betrayer, I would love to come, but I rather not be around to be seen by others, I take it you all will keep the Finch Griffons on the low?” Maple replied and asked.

Twilight look to where Sunflower took Celestia with the others. “Are the rules that important not to stick around?”

“Sadly yes, you and many of you have no idea what this stuff does, if it got in the wrong claws, paws or hooves, who knows what nightmares could be created, it could end up with it worse then this, a possible chance I won't take.” Maple sighed a little. “You have your rules, we have ours, fairs fair Twilight.” She walk up to one of the dishes pushing it back up right. “All the equipment and us most likely be gone by sunrise.”

“Maple, going so suddenly after all this, seem a bit cold?” Greystorm curiously asked.

Maple rubbed the side of her face with a forepaw. “Greystorm, I am not being cold, the danger past, Princess Celestia being taken the hospital right this second, I can't do much to help due to our own laws, I made some of them and sticking to them, removing this tech and taking it home is best to avoid any more dangers that may come if I don't.”

Greystorm gave in. “Fine... I still think it a bit cold, but as mayor I can see where your coming from, this technology is way ahead of anything in Equestria, it could bring more harm than good, if used wrongly and wouldn't want to see the citizens of Trottingham put in harms way because of it.”

“Thank you for understanding my point of view.” She pat him on the side of the face, Maple goes back to picking up some of the smashed equipment.

Octicovix fluffed her griffon disguise wings. “We saw some of the more crazy stuff that have, it is beyond our own understanding in the simplest of devices.”

“Let me guess, you have to be a egghead to understand this junk?” Rainbow look around.

“Pretty much filly.” Maple answered bluntly, Rainbow got a little irritated by being called filly.

Luna decide to step in before they clash. “How will we keep in contact?” Luna requested.

Maple turn to Pinkie Pie. “I gather your Sunflower's pen pal, Pinkmena?”

Pinkie giggled. “That's me!”

“You have permission to give the station postal address to Princess Luna.”

Pinkie salutes. “I'll gladly pass on the contact details to Princess Luna! And any letters from Twilight I'll send for her through me!”

“Thank you, I would like to know if Princess Celestia will be fine, I would offer some of our medical medication, but outside the territory of the Finch Griffon lands in Equestria, it is forbidden to be shared only used within our lands, telling you this alone would be against the law, but a loop hole in it allow me to, because of what happened to me and how my granddaughter got involved, got to love the loopholes.” Maple chuckled.

Spike wondered and spoke his thoughts. “How old are you exactly?”

Maple shrugged. “Around the 220s mark, not that old.” Spike's and Twilight's jaw dropped, Maple turn to Pinkie. “Make sure not to give our address to anyone else.” She look around the room. “Well part from the cub Gale, I do have a promise to keep and also maybe, just maybe I'll let some of you visit my home, under our terms.”

“Really?” Pinkie gasped. “Including Twilight, Spike, Rainbow Dash and my other friends?”

“Maybe, depends if they can be trusted to keep their muzzles shut, those three can for a few weeks then I think on it, best I got.” Maple said looking over at Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle and Spike.

“Good enough.” Pinkie shrugged.

Maple give a wave of the forepaw in a shooing motion. “Now get going, by the time we done with this chit-chat, Princess Celestia should be at the hospital by now.”

Twilight gasped. “Oh the Princess!” Spike slap his forehead, followed by shaking it.

Luna turn to Twilight. “Ready?”

“Yes Princess Luna!”

Luna nods. “Connect your teleporting spell through my magic, linked we will be able to teleport this large group in one go.” Twilight nods and their horns glow.

Pinkie gasped. “Oh one more thing! Tell Sunflower, I'll see her by the forest outskirts on Sunday, so I can take her to the Cutie Mark Crusaders Club House to meet the crusaders!” And in a blinding flash all of them vanished from the Celestia and Grover vault.

Maple blinked a few times. “Did Pinkmena just say what I think she just said?”


Moment before Wish Reality collapse sitting on a wall of Canterlot with the sun setting, Zerra watching the last rays of the reality fading, he picked up a sphere with both forehoves, it having an elongated eye on it. “Boss, everything gone as planned, word salad and all, even ditched the griffon Celestia through the massive crowd of creatures at my birthday party!”

For over 1000 years you have served me with loyalty and without failure.”

Zerra chuckled. “What can I say Boss, I am good at what I do, just hit a minor hitch with the griffon cub, he managed to remove the wish magic powers I had from me, other than that they are none the wiser, part from the River that Sings griffon, she look very suspicious about it all.” Zerra reported in the two important details.

That is interesting, I knew he became a griffon and failed in my final attempt to forge a new artefact, after which was mine were taken.”

Zerra with a giddy look, trying to hold back his laughter. “Is it wrong for me to have a blast toying with their lives? Crushing dreaming wishes from long term to short?”

Not at all, you bring those creatures into the Wish Reality to rushing through it all, followed by your on purpose lose is all part of the plan, none be the wiser and confused.”

Zerra dance the glass orb between one hoof to the other. “It just all part of the act, part of the enjoyment of working for you boss!”

Indeed, in all that served me, you have been the most loyal.”

“What the next step Boss?”

With all the disruptions you caused, all the unbalance without any of those creatures even realising it, the next step is to enter the pocket universe at the moment of Past and Future collides, smash the orb and a portal will open for you, I'll be waiting for you at the Isles of Flaputa. Don't be late!”

Zerra toss the sphere into the air and does a round house hind kick, it sent flying right into a wall smashing to pieces, the pieces reform into a large orange black portal. “Oh the fun that is to come! I can not wait to meet them again!” He galloped right into the portal laughing.

Griffon Celestia saw everything. “If I didn't see and hear it, I wouldn't believe it was him... But it was, he survived...” She flew near the portal. “There no time to get back to the vault...” She turn to see the party going on. “No time to gather any allies either!” She saw the last strands of light of the sun, the reality starting to break apart around her.

“I have no choice but to go after him and just pray I don't fade like the rest of reality, just enough to warn them at least...” She swallowed hard. “When in Griffina!” She flew into the portal as it closes up only a moment before the Wish Reality became no more.

PreviousChapters Next