• Published 12th Sep 2019
  • 14,309 Views, 1,560 Comments

Griffon of Canterlot - Electuroo



A young griffon found a few weeks after the events of Nightmare Moon on the grounds of the castle. The questions continue to mount over time with no solid answers as they find that communicating with the young griffon going to be more challenging.

  • ...
62
 1,560
 14,309

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 108: An End to the Interstellar Adventure

Author's Note:

The conclusion to a dream adventure and back to reality for all!

Comments always welcomed as always!

Stay healthy and safe all!

-Electuroo

Griffon of Canterlot

Chapter 108: An End to the Interstellar Adventure

The double door to the Deck 2 Mess Hull of Voyager slides open, Naomi Wildman walks in with her mum Samantha. “Ah Samantha, Naomi it good to see you.” Neelix welcomed them walking out of the galley to greet them. “How was your adventure with Flotter Naomi?” He knelt down to her warmly asked his god-child.

Naomi gave him a hug, he returned it. “I had a lot of fun! Blue even joined us and we played hide and seek! He was really good at it both!”

“Blue? Is that a new character?” Neelix asked.

“No he right behind us.” She let go and point behind Samantha. “He Gale's Guardian Protector.”

Neelix saw nothing behind them. “There nothing there sweetie.”

Samantha looked confused. “His there Neelix, he a jackal diamond dog.”

Neelix narrow his gaze. “I don't see anything...”

I am hidden from most by the power of my aura, let me.” Neelix first was startled by hearing a voice in his head till Blue appeared before his eyes and the crew in the Mess Hull, they were all surprised by the sight of this strange creature. “I am Blue the Jackal Diamond Dog, protector of Master Gale Solarclaw. It is a pleasure to meet you Mr Neelix.” He bow his head slightly with a hand paw across the upper part of his chest above the chest spike with eyes closed.

Neelix holding his hand over his chest leaning against the counter with shock. “Yo-you really gave me a scare...”

Blue raise his head. “It wasn't my intention to do so.” He moved the paw hand away reaching out and up slightly to Neelix. “I believe this is how humans greet one another for the first time, unless I am mistake.”

Neelix push off the counter reaching his hand out to grab the paw hand shaking it. “It is, why am I hearing you speak but your mouth not moving?”

Blue smirked realising his paw hand from Neelix. “I speak through a method of telepathy, my verbal language is untranslatable.” Blue answered. “Your hearing me in your mind, all of you are.” Blue walked up to a table taking a seat, Naomi joined him. “Mrs Wildman and her daughter Naomi Wildman asked if I would join them for a meal, I accepted and curious about your cooking Mr Neelix.”

Neelix smiled. “I am not one for turning away someone that need something to eat, I'll gladly make you three up something in a jiffy.” He went into the galley to prepare something for them all.

“Neelix makes really good food, your going to like it Blue!” Naomi said with glee.

Blue closed his eyes sniffing the air. “A curious smell indeed, I will give it a try young Naomi Wildman.” He opened his eyes looking over to the young girl. “And I am glad to have enjoy our games in the holodeck, even the Flotter hologram tested my patients...”

Samantha laughed a little. “Not everyone likes Flotter, but at least you and Naomi had fun at least.”

True.”


Lt. Renny stood before the controls in the small room while Janeway and Keeper stood in front of a platform. “Connection will be established in a few minutes Captain Sentinel, we will have a link with Admiral Grover for about four minutes and seventeen seconds for this cycle.” Lt. Renny reported to Keeper Sentinel.

Keeper pulled on his shirt adjusting his trousers a little. “Understood Lt. Renny, activate.” The Rainbow Face nod and press the touch panel to activate the link.

Before them stood a holographic real time projection of Admiral Grover standing on his hind legs with forelegs behind his back under his resting wings. “Captain Janeway; it a pleasure to meet you face to face so to speak, I am Admiral Grover Solarclaw of the Creatures of Federation Alliance.”

Janeway step forwards a little. “It a pleasure to meet you too Admiral, talking across 22,000 plus light years is quite the felt.”

“It is with it limitations, it all experimental as well the Deep Dive Explorer and it new drive core.” He pull a foreleg around raising his talon. “I've got some good news from the last transmission from you Captain Sentinel, you can share the transmission, sensor technology and the data with Captain Janeway and Voyager.”

Keeper smiled. “That is good news Admiral, that would help them find a quicker way home. Also on a side note recently your son Gale and a crew member of Voyager Seven of Nine been working on a idea how to create a gate network that would allow us to travel to Earth in mere hours.” Keeper informed the admiral too of the surprising news coming from early reports.”

Admiral Grover rubbed the underside of his beak for a second before moving the talon away gesturing to Janeway. “If that would be the case and when Deep Dive Explorer returns to CFA space, we could be helping you get home in a few years time.”

Janeway felt happy hearing that. “It would mean a lot for us Admiral, but I will keep that optimise on the side. Things can go easily wrong and best not to put all our eggs in one basket.”

“Wise words captain, we will keep you up to date on this, even exchange of knowledges to help make it a reality. I am happy that we got to talk about this and know there a chance our two federations could have a real connection between the two.” Grover said warmly to Janeway.

“And we may meet face to face for real.” Janeway raise her hand he placing the talon near with the holographic form phasing slightly through her hand. “Also we can shake talon to hand for real.”

“I would like that.” He smiled back. “I think this will be a warm new beginning for the two federations, I hope that your fellow federation are just like you for the most part. It most likely we will have some rock heads that are not so open and wish to take all safety before trade, travel, alliances and so on, it will take a lot of time.” Grover said moving his talon away from her hand.

Janeway shrugged. “It all part of the political part of any space ferrying civilizational. It will take time and if you are able to help us get home sooner it may play in your favour.”

Grover chuckled. “You have a very strong valid point, I will present that to the council for sure and may sway some. But for now we have this moment and it history in the making.”

Keeper step back to stand by the controls Renny stood at. “Lt. Renny what do you think is our chances of an alliance?”

Renny looked over to Janeway and Grover talking still. “I give it a 89% chance of success captain, and I have high hopes it will.”

“That kind of praise from a Rainbow Face? I'll gladly take it.” Keeper said as they continued to watch the human and griffon talk.


Gale sat with hind legs crossed in from of a Kadis-Kot board playing against Seven of Nine sitting on the floor of Cargo Bay two, Seven just moved her green piece. “Green grid 14-4.” Seven place the green piece on the board.

Gale moved another piece from one part of the board onto it. “Kadis-kot! I win!” Gale cheered.

Seven curiously looked at the board. “As it seem, you seem to pick on this curious game faster than I did. I saw the error of my move that caused my defeat now.” Seven said with some irrational in her voice.

Gale started to take the pieces off the board. “I just got lucky and it was our first game too.” Gale said to Seven. “I really enjoyed this game, you don't seem tense either even you lost.”

“Indeed, when you found this Kadis-Kot game in the database and wanted to give a go, I was apprehensive at first. But I found this experience to be worth while, thank you Gale.” Seven acknowledged she somewhat found the game enjoyable in her own words.

Gale putting the pieces back into the box. “The last four days been cool, I had a great time getting to know those I met on Voyager! Specially you! We worked on something that could mean we get to meet more humans from the Untied Federation of Planets in time! Even you could visit our space if it works! You would love Gala! Specially the capital Griffonstone!” Gale gasped quickly putting the remaining pieces away and searching through his bag.

Seven picked up the board with the box of pieces. “I have to admit meeting many different beings upon the Deep Dive Explorer have been intriguing, you specially have caught my attention Gale Solarclaw. Your young with intelligence, imagination and open to new ideas, even playing this game you showed creative strategy against me to win.” Seven placed the Kadis-kot board on top of the work console side.

Gale pulled out his pad and give it to her. “That picture on there is of the city Griffonstone, it the pride of the Griffons!”

Seven took a look at the picture seeing a city built around a large tree, sitting on it large branches to the centre top of it was buildings and what look like a large palace. “It is a unusual city, not one I have seen before or the Borg in that matter. Your kind and the other races of the CFA never encountered the Borg since till four days ago I was unaware of all of you myself.” Seven said giving the pad back to Gale, he put it back in his bag.

Gale tap the tip of his beak. “Till I looked at the database on Voyager about the Borg, I didn't even know about them.” Gale move the claw away from his beak. “I think it might have something to do with the unstable subspace around all of our space, transwarp wouldn't work like warp. So Borg wouldn't be able to get far into that area of space, if they attempted it would take about seven years or so to get to the nearest star system that is populated.”

“The Borg wouldn't waste resources into trying to enter a area of space that could take that long to reach a populated world at sub-light speeds.” Seven said typing on the display console looking to the display screen. “The outer rim expanse it is called by many races the Borg assimilated near the area of space, no ship with warp or transwarp ever was able to travel faster than light within it.”

Gale turn to the alcoves seeing Blue leaning against the side of one. “Oh hi Blue! Are you having fun?”

It has been Master Gale.”

Seven looked over to her alcove seeing Blue. “State your purpose.” She pulled out a phaser from under the console aiming it at him.

Blue calmly walked up to Gale standing by him. “I am Blue, a Jackal Diamond Dog, I serve to protect Master Gale as his Guardian Protector. I've just finished having lunch in the Mess Hull and came down here and been observing in the shadows.”

Seven lower her phaser putting it back under the console. “You speak with telepathy, I gather you are unable to speak verbally or the translator can not translate your language.”

That is correct, my form of speech is untranslatable. So I have to relay on speaking through telepathy, it a pleasure to meet you Seven of Nine.” Blue raise his hand paw up to her.

Seven walked up and took the hand paw shaking it. “You have spikes on the tops of your hands including no-” Blue smirked and the inner paw shift to act as a thumb. “-thumb... you are a curious unknown creature.”

Blue move his hand paw away resetting his paw finger back into place flexing all three. “That I am.” Blue turn to Gale. “Master Gale, in a few hours we will be heading back to CFA space, as for Voyager continuing it journey home. I came to tell you personally and to escort you back to the Deep Dive Explorer safely.”

Gale smiled. “Thank you Blue.” Gale turn to Seven. “Look like it time for me to go, hope we meet again Seven! I really like doing designing work we did and that game we played!”

Seven gave a slight smile. “It been quite eventful and I've enjoyed our time, thank you Gale.” He raise his talon up to her in a closed fist, she did the same and he bumped it against hers.

“Till next time Seven!” Gale waved and leaves with Blue.

Seven looked over to the Kadis-Kot board. “Till next time... Gale Solarclaw.”


Captain's Subblemental; The last four days have been very eventful for both my crew and the crew of the Deep Dive Explorer, sadly we have to part ways and continue our journey home while they had back to their own home too. We shared history, culture, data and technology with each other, both crews got to know each other and learn a fair few things on a personal level.

Who would of thought a set of temporal events would lead to this very encounter?

As we set off home and say farewell to them, we hope some day in the future we will get to meet the creatures of the Creature Federation Alliance. I can safely say this first contact with these amazing creatures went far better than anyone would of expected from the early days of meeting them.

Till we meet again Captain Keeper Sentinel, till next time my new furry foxy friend...

The two senior crews of both ships stood face to face by the airlock to Deep Dive Explorer, Ensign Victor the white fox hands over a box like object to Keeper as Ensign Kim hands over one to Captain Janeway. “As we part ways Captain Janeway the stars will align for us to meet once more.” He hands over the box like device to Tuvok.

“We made friends that we must say farewell for now, in the stars as they align we will meet once more.” Janeway smiled and hands over their box like device to Di'Sai, she takes it with her telekinetic magic.

Keeper put his hand out to Janeway. “The chances of two cultures sharing similar mythos is extremely rare, I am glad it did happen Captain Katherine Janeway.”

Janeway put her hand against his closing their hands around each other and shook. “I am glad that the odds were in our favour Captain Keeper Sentinel. The technology and data you provided will aid us getting home sooner, and keep in touch with you I hope.”

“As do I.”

The Doctor took a holophoto of the moment.

The Deep Dive Explorer undocks from Voyager it start to glow a greenish yellow colour before disappearing before the bridge crew eyes of Voyager, Janeway sits down with Chakotay beside her. “I got a feeling we will be seeing them again.”

Chakotay smiled. “I think we will, Katharine.”

Janeway smiled back and turn to the helm. “Tom set a course to the Alpha Quadrant at warp seven.”

“Aye captain.”

“Engage.”

Voyager nacelles raise and the ship goes to warp.


Alpha turn to a bright glow from the ceiling, a beam blasts down at the centre of the chamber and it dies down to reveal Gale, Anubis, Spyro, Keeper and Blue. “Lord Gale, I hope you enjoyed your dream adventure.”

Gale grinned. “I sure did! It was fun!”

Anubis cross his arms. “I got to say it was a bloody interesting dream adventure.”

“From it I got so many ideas fired up.” Keeper grinned. “Thank you for inspiring me Gale.”

Gale gave a thumbs up. “Happy to help Keeper!”

Spyro rubbed his head. “This is going to be one heck of a story when I tell Queen Chrysalis this.” He put a wing over Gale's back giving his brother a hug. “But I did enjoy it a lot! I had fun!”

Blue put his hand paw on Gale's shoulder. “Master Gale, this adventure was a fun one.”

Gale cheered. “Yay everyone happy! Well time to wake up! It morning and I want mum's awesome pancakes!” He clapped his talons together.

Blue watched them all vanish before his eyes. “Just like that they are awake.” Blue chucked lightly walking over to the console, he pulls out the chip from it and place it in a box for safety. “Master Gale would certainly return to this adventure.” He put the case with the others giving it a title and date. “Hope you have a wonderful day Master Gale.” Blue said to himself walking out of the chamber.

PreviousChapters Next