• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 12,028 Views, 4,202 Comments

The Things Tavi Says - shortskirtsandexplosions



Let me tell you a few things about my roommate, Octavia. After all, she saved my life.

  • ...
46
 4,202
 12,028

PreviousChapters Next
Prepared Things

Author's Note:

"You... uhhhh..." Twilight's fingers dance along the curve of the wheel in front of her. "...you sure it's coming from in there?"

I gaze at her. I point out the window, then at the computer panel. The signal is coming in the clearest we've witnessed it.

"Mmmhmmmm..." Twilight exhales. Nervously, she sits up... stands up. She leans her head out the open window of the car and squints past the scant length of foliage overshading us.

Just a dozen meters away, there looms a run-down warehouse, right on the other side of a crooked chain-linked fence. There are sets of wires running from the main street towards it, and Twilight is quick to point it out.

"I guess that's how it's getting electricity," she says. "It's possible that they could have set up a makeshift sound recording studio in there. I mean... if the other you is nearly as resourceful as you you... then anything's possible, right?"

I rub my chin, gazing at the computer console.

I know we're right on the virge of rescuing the other Vinyl Scratch and all... but...

All I can think of right now is just how did they get Tavi's voice into this stupid contraption?

...and how can I do it at home?

"Vinyl?"

I jolt in my seat, staring aside at Twilight with a nervous grin.

"There's no turning back now," the Princess says. "If that's really where they're holding her... then it's likely a trap. Never mind us... this world's Vinyl stands to be put in a great deal of danger if we don't take the next step right."

I shrug. I twirl loose two pens and gesture in blank speech.

"Mmmmmfff... you're right. If we go charging in there, all is lost. But..." She strokes her chin in thought. I see the slow birth of a mischievous grin. "...if we take a page out of generosity's book... and appeal to their needy side..."

"... ... ...?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I mean, think about it, Vinyl! These are sirens that we're dealing with. Ever since the Battle of the Bands, they've been starving... empty. Without their music, they're nothing, and their only hope for getting ahead is through the use of the biggest musical prodigy this part of the human world has to offer!" She winks at me. "Imagine what they would do for gaining Equestria's finest?"

I can see the reflection of my grimace in her eyes.

"Don't be afraid, Vinyl," the Princess says. "I'm not about to risk your life today." She nevertheless smirks. "Not necessarily. You did the hard part—which was getting me to find your other you. Right now? It's time to show my other hand... since I have one in this place. Heehee! Get it?"

I'm already shaking my head.

She sighs. "Watch and learn what a special brand of magic can do. I'm going to need you to trust me. But... first thing's first..." She tapped her fingers on the console. "Help me bring up the messaging thingy again..."

I nod and assist her.

Whatever you say, Princess...

PreviousChapters Next