• Published 29th Dec 2014
  • 44,253 Views, 1,938 Comments

Friendship is Mind Control - Wintermist



Applejack is helpless, always a single word away from a mindless trance. Twilight can resist taking advantage of her friend. She just needs to experiment a little. For perfectly sound reasons.

Comments ( 214 )

As the great Joe Swanson once said to the giant mouse "Bring it OOOOOOONNNNNNNN!"

Can't wait to read all that after class :twilightsmile: been waiting for this moment ever since the last chapter

Oh god, I'm not sure if I'm ready for these two chapters :o

And there we are! Climax complete! Arc complete!
...I feel like I need a cigarette after this.

Huh. Still incomplete?
Anyway, love this fic. It makes me weirdly confused and actively hurts my brain, but I love it nonetheless

It's... weird. After all this, Twilight finally won everything.

But I feel like she shouldn't have. Like it should've cost her more. Everything fell into place too easy, so I feel... unsatisfied. I'm probably the only one, though.

Ultimately, I choose to say that Twilight is the one of the two who should have won. For all that Celestia is the princess, she has no willpower. She descended into wide-scale enslavement that Twi only has guilty fantasies about, and she did it so eagerly. She created the spell as a way to escape consequences. By contrast, Twi keeps inventing consequences.

If one of them has to win, I am glad it is Twilight.

6878673 I'm guessing it was just an illusion by Trixie to distract Celestia.

that was awesome, can't wait to read more.

Sooooo long a wait. :pinkiecrazy:
Sooooo damn worth it. :moustache:

Wintermist, ever think of doing an origin story of the charm? Could squeeze out a 1 (or 2 chapters max) of interesting backstory.

I can say I can't really believe how good it was this story, what at first seemed a simple mind control fic, developed a plot and the plot increased, congratulations for a good story

Kind of predictable and I'm not really comfortable with Twilight getting so much power but I'm still looking forward to the rest of it.

Um I am just going to go faint now. I shall try to write a actual review later. nighty night.

Me: Well, this story can't possibly end well. Everything is gonna go straight to Tartarus, and Twilight will be back to Square One

*reads most recent chapters*

Me: Well... F*ck me.

Seriously, this is one of, if not my absolute, favorite story on this site. If there was an option to like a story more than once, I'd do it all of the times.

That was a intense ride. Just holly s***. She finally won.

Can wait for more. Also great job. Now the empty void as we all patiently wait for more.:heart:

Holy shit! You actually managed to make this a happy ending? (well, as far as a happy ending can go with ponies who're addicted to the pleasure the charm provides)

I was hoping for sex in these chapters, but it'd probably have detracted from the lessons being learned. I only hope that Twilight will get to paddle Celestia's behind during her 'training' :p

Also, Twilight ordering Luna and Celestia to have hot Princest? Yes pls. Do want. Please do

In the words of the immortal Glen Quagmire,

"Heeh heeh. Awwww-riiiiiiight." B)

(wishes for a sunglasses emoticon)

Wow. I gotta say, I didn't entirely see this coming at all... you were throwing hints at us in the last chapter, but I was still trying to process everything happening at once (thanks for apparently taking my idea about the Element of Magic resisting Twilight, btw; it was a real pleasure to read ^^). Still... it's about the best way to wrap up all these lingering questions and ideas I had about the destination this story was heading to that I could ever imagine. I know it isn't over quite yet (SERIOUSLY?? XD), but this sure feels like a good place for me to stake my headcanon ending post (for now).

Wintermist, it's been a hell of a ride. I'm gonna have to jump up here with the others and say that yeah, at first, I kinda thought this was gonna be another out-and-out mind control clopfic... and that would have been OK. I mean, I've edited for shameless hypno-fics like Cuddling the Caretaker and Dashing her Mind, and I've been more than satisfied. This, though? This turned out to be not just a novel, but more like a story I was being told in real time. And what a sublime, luscious bit of storytelling it turned out to be. ^^

It's been a pleasure working with you! And I hope to be of service in the future as well, since you seem to be continuing even further in this neat little saga! Now with all that out of the way...

On. With. The. Clop. :pinkiecrazy:

Aw... I was kind of looking forward to scenes with Soarin; or at least A male character.

I came here to clop dammit. Not feel.

Loving this close to Act 2, patiently waiting for Act 3 :twilightsmile:

That suggested she was still alive. On the other hand, being trapped in infinite space, standing on nothing, was a contradictory piece of evidence.

Indeed.

In the silence between worlds, shaky, slightly hysterical laughter rang out.

You, OK there?

She took a step towards it. Another. Before she really knew what she was doing, she was running, gasping for breath. The cloud was getting closer. It was! More lay beyond it, an avenue of soft, pale clouds that glowed under the pure starlight. She stumbled to a stop as she entered it, feeling a ghostly tingle of coolness around her ankles. She swiped a hand through the misty surface, teasing it out of shape, and felt such gratitude that she almost cried with relief. She stood there for a while, sniffing and wiping her eyes, before calmness returned.

What is going on?

Hurrying forward, she peered hungrily into the nearest. It was a classroom, with a large, purple spotted egg sat on a bed of straw. With a small jerk of surprise, she saw herself as a foal, struggling to use her magic to open it. She saw the final burst of power that hatched Spike, that flashed through the palace, drawing Celestia to her side, to help control herself.

She dashed to the next window, and saw her younger self studying hard, surrounded by so many books that she was invisible to ponies walking by.

Wait a tick...

Twilight drew to a stop, in a circle of cloud, or misty nebulae, speckled with starlight from below. "I understand," she said finally. Her hand came to rest on her cutie mark. "This is all showing me the way my life has been shaped by my magic. All the magic I've done. That's what brought me here."

As if in answer, a pure white light shone in the centre of her chest. Twilight gasped in surprise as her body began to lift into the air, speeding streaks of energy flashing around her and over her, the light brightening moment by moment. She was being transformed into light. With bittersweet acceptance, she gave herself to it fully.

If she, ascending?

She was alive.

Apparently.

Breathing a jerky sigh of relief, Twilight gathered her feet under her and tried to stand. Her wings flexed instinctively.

Wings?!

She DID ascend.

Her gaze landed on Celestia. It was her doing! It had to be! Stuttering, she demanded "Celestia! C-Come with me!"

"I will come with you, Twilight," the Princess replied in a soft monotone, and rose smoothly to follow.

Guess the charm worked.

Celestia's lips slowly parted, as she stared wordlessly. Her hand rose to cover her lips, as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Then, a small but unmistakable sound escaped her.

She sniggered.

Twilight's mouth worked soundlessly.

A growing smile emerged from behind Celestia's hand, and her shoulders shook. Another snigger escaped her. Then, softly, she began to laugh.

What's so funny?

"I'm - I'm sorry, Twilight, it's just -" Celestia managed, then broke into giggles again, quickly escalating into helpless laughter. Her entire body shook as she leaned against the wall with one hand, breaking into fresh gales of laughter every time she took in Twilight's indignant, incredulous expression.

You OK?

"You're a Princess, Twilight. Isn't it obvious? I had imagined that the wings would be something of a clue. My, Twilight, have you gained a cup size too?"

That is usually how it goes.

"It's because I... conquered you. I beat you, so I get to be an alicorn too? No, that's nonsense... and beat Luna, and nothing happened then. It's because she gave all her strength to me, and I tried to... internalise it," she said slowly, then looked up at Celestia reflexively for confirmation.

No, it can't be that easy.

"Not exactly. If it were so simple, there would not be so few of us." Celestia stepped forward, gently resting her hand on Twilight's shoulder. "Becoming an alicorn is the result of becoming the embodiment of something, through your words and deeds, through your feelings and beliefs. But that alone is not enough. There have been many ponies which had the potential to embody part of the world, and they have lived good and worthy lives without becoming more. The final transformation can only be ignited by a feat of magic, of ultimate magic. Of comprehension and creation of something new, something tremendously powerful."

She's Magic itself.

"If belonging to you is the price of your company, I pay it gladly."

I see.

"Magic," she said finally.

Celestia lifted her head a little, looking down at her.

"I'm the Princess of Magic," Twilight whispered, mostly to herself.

So it seems.

Twilight gently, slightly awkwardly, took the dress from Celestia's fingers. Straightening it out and stepping into it, she drew the silken fabric up her body, feeling a little tingle as it stroked against her bare skin. The back was cut daringly low, low enough not to obstruct her new wings, and the front showed off a good portion of her newly enhanced cleavage. Reaching behind herself to do up the fastenings, she gave Celestia a look of mingled awkwardness and pride. "Do I look okay? You didn't bring me any underwear."

If we had fanart of this, I'm sure you'd be gorgeous.

"T-Twilight! You hath ascended? When did - how - you hath ascended by charming my sister?" Jerking upwards off her knees, she reached out towards Twilight as though unable to believe what she was seeing.

Eeyup.

"No. Twilight, you must not take my sister out of revenge."

Luna met Celestia's eyes, and added to her, "Yes, it must be that you will no longer use the charm for your own ends, nor seek to take those who have given themselves over to Twilight away from her. That would cause more harm than good, no matter how it has come to this. But that is all. You do not have to allow a single touch to thy body that you do not invite, nor a change to thy thoughts."

She's right, power can corrupt, but it doesn't have to.

"I'm going to have them believe that something attacked us here. I don't want them to remember being enslaved, or us fighting each other, but they got hurt, and they deserve to feel like they did their jobs well in protecting you. The same for the Wonderbolts." Twilight smiled wryly. "I don't think anypony would have trouble believing that something attacked Canterlot again. Celestia, would you write down what I say to them? I want to keep records of their instructions."

There's the Purplesmart we know.

"...okay. Princess Luna, if there are any ponies that were charmed by my spell, I give you permission to cast the original charm upon them and modify their memories to match the story I told. Write down what you tell them, and their names. Oh - yes. Celestia, please make a list of the guards who were present, too. I had better keep a close track of which ponies are vulnerable to my voice."

That would be the intelligent thing to do.

Trixie leapt to her feet and jabbed her finger at Twilight. "The glorious and slutty Trixie wants to be a Princess too!"

Good luck with that.

Dear Celestia, she was going to get bounced to death. "Pinkie! Down!"

She's like a hyperactive puppy. It's hilarious.

Twilight turned her head and gently lifted Rarity's chin, kissing the other pony softly and deeply. She felt the tension melt from Rarity's body, as her slave pushed softly against Twilight and returned the kiss with loving warmth. As their lips finally parted, Twilight smoothed her fingers across Rarity's cheek and breathed, "I love you. Thank you for being brave."

Daaw!

Gentle envy coloured the faces of the ponies around them, each longing and yearning to be the pony on Twilight's lap. Looking around herself at them, a deep and powerful craving rose in Twilight to dominate and use every last one of them, then and there. Only the shreds of her rationality restrained her, insisting that she had to make sure Celestia was safely and securely under her control before she fully abandoned herself. She hadn't come this far to lose now, through sheer lust and carelessness.

And it's things like this that make this more than your average clopfic. If it were, Twilight would have won without effort, and she'd already be fucking her friends senseless. However, she isn't, she's using her brain, not her lust. It's honestly amazing.

Twilight blinked as a question suddenly occurred to her. "Shouldn't I have a beautiful mane like yours?" She winced the moment the question left her lips, immediately regretting blurting out the thought.

Celestia laughed to herself. "I'll tell you more when you're older. A thousand or so."

Heh.

Even when under the charm, Celestia still had an air of absolute authority, of knowing more about Twilight than she could know herself. Twilight found herself slightly irritated. "You know, Princess, I understand what you're feeling, too."

Oh?

"After everything, I keep underestimating you, Twilight. I wonder when I'll learn. I wonder if you are capable of teaching me." Her gaze met Twilight's.

To a degree.

"Ten years. If it will make you feel less conflicted, Twilight, you may promise to free me and ask again, then." A smile tugged at her lips. "When you do this, you will be ultimately responsible for the life and happiness of every pony in Equestria. I will enjoy my holiday from responsibility, and if it becomes too much for you, you can ask me to take charge again. Now take what you fought so hard for."

10 years? That's a lot. Then again, for an immortal probably not that much.

Still, even though the conflict between Celestia and Twilight is over, I'm not quite done. Twilight has a whole new life to explore. I'm going to spend a little time exploring what comes next, with a few chapters devoted to the last mini-arc: Consequences.
Next time: The Training of Princess Celestia.

I look forward to it.

How to prove you are a good writer: Start a story with much clop, than develop an epic plot and reduce the clop at some point to a fraction. If no one speaks up, there should be more clop, you are good.

6878699 As always, the battle was won or lost in the preparation beforehand. Celestia had learned from Twilight's last attempt, and countered everything Twilight used then; Twilight had anticipated some of the counters and countered them. Celestia was also prepared for some of Twilight's new tricks, but, ultimately, Twilight had one more trick up her sleeve than Celestia was prepared for, and it's that one trick that decided things.

I'd have been unsatisfied if it hadn't come down to who had a plan the other wasn't prepared to counter.

6878872 The earmuffs interfere with sound to the extent that the key-words are sufficiently distorted to not trigger the charm's effects, while still recognisable and comprehensible. It's kinda like listening to sounds while your ears are underwater, only more so.

>Twilight won
>Incomplete
HOLY F...

Can't not throw in a joke:
"Halp me defeat Celestia", she said.
"I won't rule forever", she said.
:trollestia:

Nice thing on Elements, bonus point for originality (first time i've encountered Elements judging by what the bearers feel, not by some universal law or such crap).

Well, my arrogance will be my undoing someday, of that I can say for sure. To think, I, honestly, don't really like mind control (this is an understatement), and if not for a moment's whim, i wouldn't have read this:pinkiesmile:

I don't know, I want to say so much more, but any my words just seem inadequate, so just know - we (can't say for everyone, now can I?) I love this fic, and you as author. Certainly can, and will, wait for a sequel. Have a nice whatever you so desire:twilightsmile:

>Qiscord Well, technically, I'm not a Russian, but most peoples out there dont give a f*ck about such details, so... yeah. 10 hypnotised Celestias' out of 10, methinks:moustache:

This was an amazing journey from start to finish. The story was amazing, and you just kept surprising me with hidden plot lines that everytime I did not see before. There was clop, always a bonus, but it evolved into so much more. And now.. The adventure is concluded. I'll repeat; it was an epic journey just reading it, and I am so grateful you wrote it. Personally, this story teaches me very much about morale.. And respect. And respect to _you_ for creating this, once more. Just. Thank you. This story is the best thing I have ever read or heard, ever. Truly. Thank you for it, Wintermist.

How is you manage to keep beating my expectations. guess i gotta raise the bar again. AGAIN
You won. (no prize aside from knowing you got top marks from me!)

Gentle breeze guide your path,a warm smile welcome you home. :twilightsmile:

Kinda hoping to see what a unhinged no hold's bar Twilight would do if she lost her moral standing...Come on lets see some Alternate Endings or at least see it done in mini with Celestia.

Well gooooddamn. I came to this fic a year or so ago for some hypno-clop, and wound up getting dragged along on quite possibly one of the greatest story-based clops ever. And I have no regrets. I applaud you, Wintermist. This has been an amazing story.
6879361 This. All of it.

Well, this fic went places I never expected it to go.

Well done

So will she still be doing the do with her friends when they're wrinkly and old or will she find a way to make them live forever too?

It has been a long and sexy ride, And I have enjoyed every letter of it! I will be eagerly awaiting the next arc of this story, and the next chapter where Twilight gets to use her prize! :trollestia::twilightblush:

That was fun, may I have another? Looking forward to more.
Keep up the good work. Deus tecum.

I hope there will be a chapter of the victory party. I want to see Twilight's mind blown by the new sensations the others will give her from her wings. As well as the sheer release of it all, it would be an awesome orgy.

That was one hell of a climactic finish!

And the next chapter sounds delicious.

6879469
That's not really what I meant. My problem is more with how everything around the battle went so in Twilight's favour.

Take Rarity and Zecora becoming Twilight's slaves again, for example, but willingly this time. I found the scene were Rarity turns her back on the supposed friend who abused her so very powerful; it felt like Twilight finally had to face the issue of paying a serious price, of losing something precious. I hated the fact that they came crawling back to her because even the scolding and guilt they gave her wasn't truly long-lasting. Rarity is already back to hugging and smiling with her mistress. It left little impact, at least that's how it feels.

And now that Luna forces Twilight to give Celestia a choice, Celestia choses to be Twilight's slave anyway. Like everypony else. Twilight gets to keep her cake (moral superiority) and eat it (because everypony wants to be Twilight's slave). I'm starting to believe the charm doesn't leave the victims the option of refusing her.

After thinking about it, I've decided that even though I'm going to keep adding chapters to document some of the smutty aftermath, the main plot has been resolved, and so I'm marking this story as complete.

Amazing. For the past week I've been checking to see if there's been an update, and you finally got it delivered. What you've done with this story is amazing, and I can't wait for any other novel thing you right. You're an amazing writer, in style, pacing, plot, and plot.

6880850
It might also be good to put it in a separate entry, so that people don't get plot points spoiled for them.i actually especially liked that some chapters were ambiguously worded.

Comment posted by Kalsin deleted Jan 28th, 2016

As a follower since the beginning I can't help having a misplaced feeling of accomplishment at seeing how this ended.

This journey reminded me of stories like Negima, which began as a cookie cutter harem romcom manga and evolved into a magnificent, fully fledged battle manga by an author who's never done battle manga before, or Bakuman with its perfectly planned, polished, and executed plot, ending itself appropriately and on a high note.

It may sound silly to say this on a porn fic in a fandom community for a little girl's cartoon show, but this one is a classic for the ages.

6880850 there's no reason not to come back to this from time to time when you fancy. I'm honestly satisfied with just ending it like this and leaving the rest to our imaginations, but I welcome drabbles and spinoffs if you are so inclined. Don't feel pressured by us to do something you don't want to or feel you won't be proud of.

I'm actually quite pleased with the portrayal of Celestia here, in how she carries herself in defeat with every bit of the strength and dignity I expect of her. And, of course, in her manner of finding a way to turn everything to her advantage and see everything as a win. I also like how she still manages to be the closest thing Twilight now has to an equal.

That said.

She's also shown some acting skills, in pretending to be charmed once before. The story and the meta-information like author's notes do seem to indicate that the spell took effect this time, but I should point out that unlike any other occasion, Twilight did not seem to use the trigger phrase between casting the spell and returning to find Celestia 'awakened'... did I miss something in either of these chapters or in the construction of the Celestia-targeted charm spell?

I'm musing over what obeying everything anyway would say about Celestia if she had actually been unaffected. It does feel like what she's saying comes from a genuine place. Perhaps having seen her plans for Twilight come to fruition (and her willingness to have a relationship) changed everything, and she is letting Twilight have a win while she figures out how she feels and what she wants now? In that case, she may have been attempting to use Twilight as a sounding board to sort out her priorities on, which is interesting.

Related to the idea that she can paint any outcome as a win, I really think Celestia had to have known how clever Twilight can be (due to spending so much of Twilight's life with her) and expected, from the outset, the possibility of losing. That she allowed Twilight to face her directly instead of getting the drop on her and leaving no chance suggests to me that while she still brought her A game to the table once the pieces were set up, there may be a degree to which she considered Twilight's victory an unlikely but acceptable outcome.

That's quite interesting in light of their confrontation, which I liked in part because each call to surrender was not only that, but a statement of desire. Actually, there's been a lot of mutual desire laced through the whole second arc, from the moment Celestia understood what Twilight's plan for her was, and then had her confirm later on that it really was based on genuine attraction.

Also, did I miss/misunderstand/forget something, or did Twilight not have control over granting Celestia a choice, in response to Luna's command that she not simply claim Celestia by right of conquest? The way she 'heard herself say' that she would give Celestia a choice is what suggests that to me, and thus suggests use of the charm.

Back to assuming the charm is working. Random loopholes:

Celestia can still give orders and say "slumber", which is likely how she plans to deal with any ponies found awakened under any of her charms during the search of the castle.

"Defeat" is a nebulous term, especially given Celestia's story-canon ability to make everything into some kind of victory. I suspect Celestia can work around that.

Even assuming "defeat" goes by Twilight's intent, while not attempting to undermine or overthrow Twilight in any way, Celestia still desires her, and may find a way to take back limited sexual dominance for mutual enjoyment from time to time. One scenario that comes to mind is convincing Luna to muddle with Twilight's dreams enough to get her to say "Say 'Awaken'" in her sleep, resulting in a blanket or indefinitely-timed order Celestia can fulfill later to create whatever scenario she desires. There may be others, and they could be as simple as asking for permission.

Regardless, assuming Celestia was sexually active even without the charm during her long years of rule, I can certainly see her thinking up something so decadently perverted, using her vast pool of experience, that Twilight would have trouble saying no. Based on her personality as presented, I can definitely see her trying. For fun, of course, not for taking away Twilight's control of... well, at this point, all of Equestria.


I'm kind of curious to see how Twilight interacts with her family and Cadance after this.

I'm mildly amused by the callback to a previous discussion of Celestia's mane in Chapter 21.

6880850

This chapter does end really strong. Something worth considering is just ending it now and making a mini-sequel.

The conclusion is really strong here, but it needn't drag on like a drum solo.

This is one of the greats, I don't think you properly understand the masterpiece you've managed to create. I completely adore it, and am I glad that I've followed it from its firsr chapter to here. Starting as what seemed a mindless clop to a story so good that the porn was almost not needed, not that it wasn't appreciated, because this story also had the added bonus of being sexy! Boobs, Explosions, Mind Control, what else is there for providing good entertainment?

Good job, Wintermist! You've made pure gold!

6880850
Thanks for one of the greatest rides in a story...ever!

I think it's a perfect place to end. Something that I've seen too often is failure because someone doesn't know when to quit.
However, any sequels and future additions (if any) would gain my attention.

All in all, congratulations and well done :twilightsmile:

I dont want this to end.. :fluttercry:
Plz let it keep going for many more chapters!!

:moustache:

That ending though this needs a sequal or side story to go further into the aftermath of the story's ending

6880844 It's possible you're overlooking a couple of things - firstly, Twilight's not the only one offering ponies a choice to be enslaved by her - Celestia also offered Twilight the same choice, and Luna effectively faced the choice between being enslaved to Celestia or to Twilight, and in both cases, Celestia was refused.

Secondly, Twilight is selective about who she enslaves (and about who she charms) - if she gave the Wonderbolts the choice of being enslaved to her, she might well get a different response than she did from her close friends.

It's not "Twilight goes on a rampage, charming everyone, who then volunteer eagerly to become her kinky sex slaves"; it's "Twilight offers her friends a way to be even closer without guilt or jealousy". There are people in the real world who make a living out of selling recordings that enslave the willing listener - and that's dealing with people who'll never meet them, and, quite possibly, never interact in any way beyond buying their recordings. Is it so hard to believe that, when affected by something that make hypnosis look like a parlour game, and offered real intimacy, ponies would choose to embrace it rather than walking away from their friends?

6880959

Also, did I miss/misunderstand/forget something, or did Twilight not have control over granting Celestia a choice, in response to Luna's command that she not simply claim Celestia by right of conquest? The way she 'heard herself say' that she would give Celestia a choice is what suggests that to me, and thus suggests use of the charm.

I read it not as Twilight being magically compelled, but as her being, reluctantly, persuaded to do what she knows is right rather than what she wants. And even then, she's phrasing it in a way that stacks the deck as far in her favour as possible.

Twilight has chosen to accept Luna as her conscience (probably a better choice than Pinkie Pie!) so Luna's pronouncements carry additional weight with her, not because of magical compulsion, but because of her own decision to give them that weight - and the knowledge that if she starts ignoring Luna's advice on such matters, she stands to lose Luna (at least for a time).

Login or register to comment