• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,425 Views, 3,501 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,501
 11,425

PreviousChapters
Catalyst

Chapter 188

Catalyst

Clouds swirled around the Vindica as it hovered over the area of land the dragon had led Fluttershy and Twilight to. Luna had gotten teams of pegasi to gather clouds and obscure the vessel as best they could while they were in atmosphere. Daekur himself was digging out some land near the place he'd landed, having crushed some of the drones that had popped up when he did.

“And you're sure it's here?” Fluttershy asked as a house-sized boulder flew overhead.

“I buried this place myself. Deeper and deeper in case the reapers' main forces found a way to us too.”

“Why didn't you try to rally the ponies here? Couldn't you have guided them?” Twilight asked.

“You do not understand. You were not here.” Daekur rebuked her. “Ponies weren't stupid nor unwise but the collapse killed their common sense. Starvation was commonplace after the repulse of reaper forces, and without the foe to keep them focussed they turned on one another... There was a point I thought they killed one another to the last.” The dragon shook his head and let out a deep sigh as a shuttle approached their position and landed a small way away. Princess Luna stepped forward from the transport, flanked by two heavily armed and armoured nightguards. Daekur stopped his digging as he looked at the alicorn, shock visible on his features.

“Hail master dragon, we are pleased to see a survivor of your kind in this place,” Luna stated as she gave him a brief nod, but she paused as the dragon kept staring at her. “Is everything okay?”

“So they did do it after all...” Deakur muttered. “How many of your kind exist, anathema.?

Luna looked up at the ancient leviathan as she understood he meant her origin, the revaluation still fresh in her own mind. “Myself, my sister, and another who was recently retrieved from the laboratory that created us more recently.”

Daekur thought for a moment longer before nodding and returning to digging the last bit of ground away from the entranceway. Once it was revealed, Fidelis in his android form started to unlock the door via a still active console.

“Anathema, I would ask of you to take me with you,” Daekur stated, returning his attention back to Luna while Fidelis worked. "I am the last of my kind on this planet, and your kin's reaction told me there are more on your world."

Luna slowly nodded. "And what would you do once you meet them? The dragons have rarely been our allies in history, and unlike the griffons, when I left they were still refusing to hear our calls for alliance."

Daekur huffed, a cloud of smoke blowing from his nostrils as a low grumble emanated from his throat. "Then I will challenge their current leader and take charge myself. They are fools to stand alone against the reaper threat."

"If you intend to rally them to our cause then I shall gladly take you along, but I do not know you elder dragon. What assurances do I have you will keep your word once you have been brought to my world?" Luna questioned. The massive dragon placed one of his claws against his chest and called forth some kind of magic before reaching out with a single glowing talon.

"I swear to you on my life I shall not betray your kind's trust," he rumbled as he waited for Luna to press her hoof against his talon. For the briefest of moments the alicorn and dragon lit up with magic before it was all over, Luna looked up at the dragon with slightly widened eyes and nodded.

"Once we have retrieved the catalyst I shall open a hold section for you to inhabit while we jump back to my system," Luna promised as Fluttershy walked closer, having listened in on the conversation between the dragon and the Alicorn.

"Sorry Princess, but do we have the time to go back to Equis?" Fluttershy asked, Luna's expression turned grim again.

"I wanted to talk to you about this before. I lost contact with Celestia half a day ago." Luna pulled out her omni-tool and showed a projection. "Before contact was lost she sent me these files."

A massive fleet of quarian vessels had entered the system and engaged the Geth forces over Equis, significant amounts of debris impacted the planetary shield. The geth fleet though was holding its own fairly well despite the quarian numerical advantage from what Fluttershy could see.

Oh no... I hope Tali Dash and Legion are safe...

Fluttershy shook her head as she imagined the geth they had befriended now sat on the opposite end of a conflict.

"I am returning us home to make sure there is no catastrophic fighting on the planet itself," Luna stated. "I have already informed Commander Shepard of this fact so when we get back the Normandy should be in system too."

"Has Rainbow sent us any messages?" Fluttershy asked with concern, hoping Dash had at least given them a heads up.

Luna shook her head. "I assume the quarians have been maintaining strict control over communicatiomns while they were preparing for this. You'll have to ask them yourself when we get back."

"Got it!" Fidelis exclaimed as he separated from the console, the door hissed and squeaked as it slid open. "Uploading schematics to omni-tools."

Fluttershy's tool pinged as it recieved the shematic of the base. "Let's go get this thing." She stated as she turned away from the princess and joined Fidelis who seemed eager to enter the base. "Did you find another AI in this place?"

"That's a negative," the android responded. "I looked but the AI core has been burned out. I don't know how long it was in there but I only found scraps of code, nothing that you can communicate with."

"Understood."

The nightguards, Luna, and Twilight joined Fluttershy as she took point exploring the new underground base, being careful not to trip any security measures as she made her way down towards the core of the place which had workshops and laboratories wrapped all around it, if anything was to be found it would be right there. In the end they didn't run into any resistance and were able to step into the facility's central chamber. A rather large device sitting at the centre was revealed as old lights turned on and illuminating it. Fidelis plugged himself into the network for a moment to see if he could get any information on the thing.

"That's it," The AI stated as he retracted himself back out of the system.

"Then we take it," Luna simply said as she wrapped it in her telekinesis. As she did so the machine lit up like a christmas tree, starting to buzz. The alicorn immediately set it back down, making the thing power down. Twilight shot forward and started probing the device.

"It's highly sensitive," the unicorn muttered as she prodded at it. "It would make sense for ponies to build a magic based device..."

"Was there any information on the data banks here that explained how this thing worked?" Luna asked of fidellis who simply shook his head.

"I can figure it out," Twilight stated confidently as she kept her eyes on the device. "I can make it work."

Fluttershy looked at the Princess who again turned to Fidellis.

"Download everything and get me more ponies."

Author's Note:

plz no mad, I am slow potato. :ajsleepy:

I'm debating to just let the story run from here on out and let go of the votes just to get it done at some point.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 18 )

A new chapter? Magnificent :raritystarry:

I wonder what races and subraces live on this planet.

Alicorn are a big thing indeed.

Guess after the war they will return and try take control of the Robots on this world.

If the voting thing is slowing you down, then you might as well cut it out at this point. Don't let us, the audience, obstruct you.

Luna shook her head. "I assume the quarians have been maintaining strict control over communicatiomns while they were preparing for this. You'll have to ask them yourself when we get back."

communications

Fluttershy's tool pinged as it recieved the shematic of the base. "Let's go get this thing." She stated as she turned away from the princess and joined Fidelis who seemed eager to enter the base. "Did you find another AI in this place?"

schematic

To bad, the ship they use can house multiple A.I.'s, hoped they find at least one more.
But they will not go empty hooves at least.

Needs MOAR CHAPTERS!!!!!:flutterrage:

Would be most intresting if the device is a Harmony Drive Core.

For the Planet. :pinkiecrazy:

*Hugs sad potato*

An ally pact has been forged in magic. This will have interesting effects.

I'm glad that you posted a new chapter, and if the polls are too difficult to then let your imagination go wild.
It was fun being included in the story creation.

To reiterate what others have already stated. If the poll sections are holding you back or you no longer feel the need or desire for them. Stop. I'd much rather read a good story written because you have a tale you want to tell, than bad story written because you feel you must.

Ayy, new chapter! Glad to see you back!

Woo new chapter 😄

If voting is slowing you down 😲
Then I don't mind you skipping it more often or just remov it 😄

@CommanderApplejack first, its been awhile since last chapter but nice to see it not dead, that said much like most of us, I think we'd be ok if you cut the voting or relegated it to just when your unsure which decision you want to move the story in, so far your doing a banger job with it so keep up the good work mate! :ajsmug:

It's an update. I had given up hope.

HuzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- *SPLASH*

:twilightoops: ......

*Splash* *GASP!* Great to see a new chapter, Commander. :pinkiecrazy: *splish*

:ajbemused: ... Lemme guess, he just dove in... AGAIN!

:eeyup:

While I found the voting to be neat, I agree with most in that it best you just do what you feel is best and ONLY involve voting if like both paths are interesting to you and you can't decide on which one to take. Then sure have us help break that tie, otherwise tell the story you are wanting to tell.

11867893
Now I'm thinking of the old CGI TV show "War Planets."

"World Engines... ONLINE!"

Better to be a slow potato than a baked potato. 🥔

That said, if the votes have served their purpose and have now become a hindrance, let them go.

A new A.I. to support Fidelis or a Harmony core even of lower technology is extremely valuable.
Though a weapon/armor or combat drone production facility or blueprints compatible with Equestrian facilities would be awesome.

Maybe a Changeling facility for medical supplies production? Something always in demand during and after a war.

Login or register to comment