• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,386 Views, 3,500 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,500
 11,386

PreviousChapters Next
Home Away From Home

Chapter 84

Home Away From Home

Go with Garrus. I should try bonding with him more. Find out if he’s good for Shy. 58%

“Hey Garrus, mind if I tag along to see your flat?” Dash asked as the three of them made their way down the streets of the ward in the direction of the nearest shuttle service. Garrus shrugged in response.

“Fine by me,” he grunted, making sure his bag was secured as he looked around the Citadel. “Same old crap around here anyway. Some company would be nice.”

Wow he sounds depressed. So not cool… Guess that should be expected when you've lost your marefriend to a gang.

Looking to Shining the unicorn gave her a nod. “Just make sure you reach the transport in time.”

A grin formed on Dash's face as she saluted him with a wing. “Will do, cap.” At the shuttle station the three split up, Shining going to the ward's commercial district while Rainbow and Garrus went to the residential one. The ride there was quiet, as Garrus seemed not in the mood to talk and Dash was still looking out over the Citadel in wonder at all of the various flying craft and interstellar vessels above.

Twilight would love to study how all of these things work… I miss that egghead.

Dash sighed as they came to a stop at their destination, and Garrus paused on the platform for a moment as if reminiscing about something. Immobilized only for a split second, he stepped forward and marched off into the crowd forcing Dash to quickly follow not to lose him. Getting annoyed with the silence, Dash went into a hover to float next to the turian. “Soooo… You and Shy lived here?”

“For a bit after the attack on the Citadel. I helped with some of the initial rebuilding of C-Sec after the first Normandy was destroyed.” Garrus calmly explained, “Shy considered joining me at C-Sec but eventually decided to go help out at a local pet store instead. She wasn't and still isn't fond of the violence that'd entail.”

Rainbow chuckled as she could definitely see Fluttershy acting like that. “Sounds like she really found her place around here for a while.” The two of them had walked into one of the residential towers and stepped into a lift, swiftly ascending up to the correct floor before stepping into a hallway that had various doors to other apartments. Passing an asari as she left her home, Garrus stopped in front of a door at the back, bringing up his omni-tool to unlock it. “We didn't take a lot of stuff, so most things… here…

The turian just stopped in the middle of his sentence, Rainbow raising an eyebrow and trying to look past Garrus to see what had made him go quiet. She gasped slightly as she saw what had him do so. The entire appartement was thrown into chaos, with everything that could come loose had been upended and all storage visible was emptied. Dash could practically feel the rage coursing through the turian's veins as Garrus balled his fists and growled. “I'm going to find out who's responsible and make sure they wish that they were never born.”

A shiver of fear went up Dash's spine at sheer amount of malice Garrus poured into that single sentence, instinctively taking a step back from him. Is this who Shy fell in love with?… He doesn't seem like the best guy to be around…

“How are you even going to figure out who even broke into here?” Dash asked as she found some of her lost courage. This got Garrus to calm down ever so slightly as well, and he stepped forward to investigate further.

“I don't know… When everything on Omega went to hell things weren't adding up. One moment we had all the gangs on their back foot and the other they were countering us in every operation and rooting us out of our hiding places.” Garrus picked up some stuff and placed it to the side, separating broken stuff from things that could be saved. The turian gazed at a picture in a frame after having picked it off of the floor. “They immediately lost this ability the moment my little angel got captured…”

“You think the people who did this were those who hunted you on Omega?” Dash asked looking around the small living room and helping sort through some of the stuff there, suddenly stopping as her mind ran over the previous sentence again. “Wait, your little angel?”

Garrus also stopped working and looked back at the pegasus behind him, his mandibles flared slightly. “Uhm… well… pet names?”

Dash grinned at the flustered reaction, feeling the need to push the turian for more information. “Sooo, what might your pet name be then?” Dash said with a massive smirk on her face. Garrus' mandibles flared even more as he scratched his head and stuttered. Rainbow was only getting more enjoyment out of the situation. “Must be something real mushy if you're this flustered about it.”

Garrus just stopped trying to give an explanation and dropped his duffle bag onto the floor. “Ask her about it. I'm not telling,” he grunted to the amusement of Dash who stuck out her tongue at him. “This place's a mess I don't want to deal with right now. Want to head out and look around the Citadel for a bit?”

Dash thought about it for a moment. Getting a look at the appartement where Flutters had lived was cool, but they had a couple of hours left and spending those cleaning wasn't an appealing thought…

When he's not angry, he's a pretty awesome dude and knowing Fluttershy she was probably keeping him from blowing up… She sure did that to me enough times.

“Yeah sure, sounds cool. Got anywhere to go?”

“Well, there are some things we could do around here and people we could visit…”

Author's Note:

Been busy with school and have a whole bunch of birthdays and stuff coming up. Hopefully I'll find the time to write.

Anyway, I think Shining deserves to get some love now. Hope you enjoyed!

[Paragon] or [Renegade] are colored when available, though normal options might also contribute to one or the other. As for the shippers under us, [Romance] is now also a thing.
When an option is not available due to various reasons it will be colored [Grey]

[No vote]

Now edited by gerandakis and lordelliot

Remember that comments are like authors' food, we gain energy from them. Constructive criticism is welcome.

PreviousChapters Next