• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,408 Views, 3,500 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,500
 11,408

PreviousChapters Next
Interstellar

Chapter 168

Interstellar

By the time Fluttershy and Applejack got back to their quarters, an announcement had been made that the Equestrian titan had left the planetary shield and would be en route to the star cluster's mass relay. Rarity had left before the earth pony and pegasus came back to the quarter, the unicorn probably on the bridge to manage the power usage of the vessel as it coursed to its destination. Applejack thus took it upon her to show Fluttershy where her and Twilight's quarters were.

“Ah'm going to check the bridge, jus' cause Ah need to slow down does not mean Ah can stop workin'.”

“Of course, see you later Applejack,” Fluttershy replied, walking into the small apartment to see if Twilight was around, finding no trace of the purple unicorn other than her bags on one of the bunks. Frowning, Fluttershy opened up her omni-tool and connected to the ship's internal network, pinging Fidelis with the question if the AI could locate Twilight.

“She is currently in one of the holds, I could point you in the right direction?” Fidelis chose to answer verbally, a small hologram popping up on a projector in the room.

“That would be useful, yes.” A live location was uploaded onto Shy's omni-tool, giving her a way to track her friend down. She briefly thought about how Twilight may not appreciate being tracked but decided that with how she noticed Twilight's mood the unicorn might need some company. “Thank you.”

“Of course. I'll follow your progress quietly, I'm currently reducing my multi-tasking to focus on calculating jump parameters.”

“A simple conversation would do that?” Fluttershy sceptically asked.

“No, but five hundred fourteen will. My core programming is very good at solving a single task well. When it's divided over all the crew asking menial questions and asking for help that power can't be focussed. I am working on changing that in the future,” Fidelis explained, its hologram disappearing. Fluttershy didn't ask if it was still there, not wanting to bother the AI further. Making her way through the vessel she got into one of the transporters and getting out at the closest exit to the hold and making her way over to the section.

Fluttershy's mouth widened a bit as she entered the vast chamber, she was pretty sure the hold would be able to hold the Normandy in it whole and still have more space to spare. In fact, the clamps on the walls made her think that holding another vessel was exactly the purpose of the hold in the first place. I wonder, could we take along a small amount of vessels for quick hit and run attacks with our jump drive...

Filing that thought away to suggest at a later date, if it hadn't been considered already, Fluttershy made her way over to Twilight who was deeper into the hold. The first thing Fluttershy saw indicating the unicorn was there was the fairly bright magenta aura surrounding one of the large crates that were strapped to the ground around the hold. Twilight had loosened one of them and levitated it off the floor, sweat on her brow from the exertion.

"Needed a workout?"

"AAH!" The crate slammed back down as Twilight's concentration was broken. "Fluttershy!"

The pegasus held up a hoof and sheepishly smiled. "Sorry, didn't think you'd be that startled."

"Right..." Twilight sighed and pushed the crate back a bit, using her magic to strap it back down as well. "I need something a little heavier than most unicorns to get seriously strained."

"A little?" Fluttershy questioned, a smirk forming on her face. "I'm pretty sure Rarity wouldn't even be able to lift a quarter of that."

"Maybe a lot more than regular," Twilight admitted as the two of them walked over to a railing, looking down at the massive doors at the bottom of the hold, faint blue mass effect fields being sustained right above them so even if those doors were opened the atmosphere in the hold would be maintained.

"Why are you really leaving Equis, Twilight?" Fluttershy asked bluntly, Twilight's face burning red.

"W-What do you mean?" the unicorn stuttered, trying to look confused.

"I've been able to sense emotion since being bitten by the changeling queen in the collectors' main base, Twilight," Fluttershy told her, Placing a hoof on her friend's shoulder. "You feel regret and shame, a lot of it."

"I..." Twilight trembled slightly. "I can't face Princess Celestia."

"Why not?"

"You d-didn't see how much I-I hurt her, Fluttershy," Twilight sniffed. "There w-were a few close calls when I w-was with the Lunar guard... the pain I saw in her as she tried capturing me."

"Oh Twilight," Fluttershy pulled her close and wrapped her wings around the unicorn as she sobbed. "You know what we found down in the labs of the base under the Everfree Twilight, the Princess can't but help to try and protect us."

"Y-Yes..."

"She couldn't have known that with me out there there was no turning back, if she's not realized that yet she will at some point. You, without knowing it, did the one thing that was going to help Princess Celestia do what she wants most: protect her ponies." Fluttershy loosened her hug to look Twilight in the eyes. "I have no doubt that when she realises that, if she hasn't already, she won't hold it against you."

"Thanks Shy, I really needed that," Twilight smiled, hugging Fluttershy tightly for good measure.

"No problem Twilight. Now on a lighter note, do you have someplace to stay?"

"The embassy quarters are open for me, I can stay there with the other ponies who are going," Twilight shrugged, drying her eyes. The two of them starting to move out of the hold to someplace more comfortable.

"Hmm... I think I might have an alternative for you," Fluttershy said as she reminded herself of her time on the massive space station. "Garrus and I lived on the Citadel for a while, we never did sell the apartment so it should still be around for us to use."

"Really? And you're okay with me using it?" Twilight asked surprised.

"Why not? I certainly haven't," Fluttershy chuckled. "Though I'll be sleeping there too for the time we're at the Citadel so we'll have to share the bed."

That got a smile onto Twilight's face. "You sure that's not going to make Garrus jealous?"

Fluttershy turned to impishly smile at Twilight. "Of course not, he knows I think he's great in bed."

"Shy!"

Author's Note:

Got a bit distracted watching the Mandelorian, I think I've got a good choice lined up for next chapter. :twilightsmile:

[Paragon] or [Renegade] are colored when available, though normal options might also contribute to one or the other. As for the shippers under us, [Romance] is now also a thing.
When an option is not available due to various reasons it will be coloured [Grey]

[No Vote]

Remember that comments are like authors' food, we gain energy from them. Constructive criticism is welcome.

PreviousChapters Next