• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,413 Views, 3,500 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,500
 11,413

Chapters Next
Relay

Chapter 1

Relay

Fog flowed down from the Everfree forest into the gorge that lay next to the castle of the two sisters, blocking the little light that had penetrated down into the chasm in the first place. This did not stop the seven travelers that were currently traveling through it though, those seven had already dared to travel deep into the monster-infested forest and would not stop merely because there was little light...

...At least for six of those.

"Come on Fluttershy! It's not like we're going to face a dragon this time, It's just another ruin Twilight wants to show us!" Rainbow shouted as she pushed the yellow mare along the small path that led deeper into the gorge.

"B-but It is s-so dark... EEP!" Fluttershy ducked behind her mane as she thought she saw a shadow moving in the fog.

Pinkie hopped over to the cowering mare and put her hooves around the prone form of the shy mare, "Come on silly, there's nothing to be afraid of. you just have to..." Pinkie took a deep breath as she prepared a song but was stopped by the hoof Applejack stuck into the pink mare's mouth.

"We know, Sugarcube, giggle at the ghosties though we ain't have time fer a song right now." She told the party pony whose ears flopped down onto her head as Applejack retrieved her hoof.

"Ahhh, but I love singing." Pinkie pouted, Twilight meanwhile had stopped moving forward and turned to her friends.

"Come on, Fluttershy. The structure has some sort of artificial lighting so it's much less scary in there." The unicorn told her friend, who peaked through her mane at Twilight.

"A-are you sure?" Fluttershy squeaked as she got lifted back onto her quivering hooves by Dash.

"Yes Fluttershy, I'm sure of that. Now hang with us for a little longer, it's only a bit further to the ruin." Twilight said, true to her word the group arrived at the strange structure not long after. Strange metal and stone lining the entrance of the structure and lines of strange statues of bi-pedal creatures lining the entrance halls of the structure.

"T-Twilight?" Fluttershy shivered as her eyes fell upon the old statues, though not as skittish the pegasus the rest of the group felt really uncomfortable in the hallway. Twilight meanwhile didn't notice most of her friends' discomfort as she was too busy writing notes on the things.

"I know how to handle this," Spike said as he walked up to the purple unicorn who was having a nerdgasm about everything she saw. The little dragon hoped up on a piece of broken stone and put one of his claws in his mouth before sticking it into one of Twilight's ears.

"AAAH! SPIKE!" She shouted as she spun around to face the little dragon who had crossed his arms and a smug smile plastered on his face. Twilight wanted to be angry at him but then realized why he had done what he had done.

"I'm sorry girls, there's just so much to learn here! We might have discovered a piece of civilization of a long-extinct species!" Twilight squealed, "I only saw the first hallway though I know for a fact that there's a large chamber after that I haven't explored yet!"

"That's so awesome! This is almost like a Daring Do novel!" Dash squealed similarly excited as Twilight though for other reasons than her unicorn friend. The two of them urging the rest forward to the back of the hallway where a large wall of stone blocked their way.

"Uhm, Twilight darling I'm not sure how to bring this to you but I'm pretty sure that this is a dead end." Rarity said but Twilight was already back to intently studying the wall.

"Can't you feel it Rarity? There's a massive source of magic back there!" Twilight said, the fashionistas eyes going wide as she, too, felt the source of magic.

"So how do we get in there?" Rainbow asked impatiently while knocking on the stone wall, to her surprise a dull thump could be heard somewhere in the structure.

"W-what was that?" Fluttershy asked as she ducked back down behind her mane. The answer to her question being revealed seconds later as the wall split apart revealing a large circular room with a raised platform in the middle that housed a device, the construct had two rotating oval rings in the center floating between two arms that carved around the rings at the base before pointing straight at the sky.

"That's incredible." Twilight gasped as she slowly walked towards the construct, the others silently following as they were too in awe of what the were seeing. Even Fluttershy though visibly shaking was moving closer with her friends.

"What do y'all think it is?" Applejack asked, breaking the silence just as they reached the base of the raised central platform.

"I..." Before Twilight could continue the rings in the device started spinning wildly at the same time as blue light appeared to be coming from the center of those rings. The group scrambling back away from the large structure as they apparently had accidentally activated the thing...

...All except for Fluttershy who surged forwards towards the thing.

A little bird was trapped within a blue aura close to the device, lightning of some sort arching towards the little creature. Not wasting a second Fluttershy took a hold of the little creature and dragged it from the aura... only to be caught in it herself instead. Her eyes went wide as the device started to make an earsplitting whine just before the device lit up for the last time and her world went black.


Fluttershy groaned as the smell of ozone and burned hair filled her nostrils. Despite feeling as if Rainbow had dragged her through one of her training sessions the yellow pegasus managed to push herself onto her hooves and opened her eyes, freezing immediately as she saw her surroundings.

She was standing on a bridge of some sort next to a statue which looked similar to the device she had seen in the structure with the girls but that was where the similarities ended. Instead of the old ruin, she was now standing in something that looked like a large city, carts of some sort flying through the sky above her and strange creatures of all sorts walking and standing still...

...and looking at her.

Fluttershy's pupils shrunk to pinpricks and let out a squeak at the undivided attention of all the strange creatures that were closest to her, the pegasus' starting to hyperventilate as one of the creatures slowly approached her, seeing this Fluttershy immediately bolted away from the approaching individuals. Behind her, she could hear some of them shouting something, due to her special talent she might have been able to understand them but in her panicked state the words didn't make sense to her.

Looking back Fluttershy could see two of the creatures that had bony faces and were dressed in some sort of blue outfit were chasing her, looking back in front of her revealed two more of the similarly dressed creatures blocking her path. Fluttershy immediately opened her wings before the four of them could surround her she jumped over the railing soaring past the two creatures who had tried to block her before landing on the other side of the bridge.

That wasn't where the chase ended as the four creatures soon came rushing after her. Fluttershy looked around for any way she could get out of the open and hide, to her luck spotting a bug like creature coming out of a small corridor that would be the perfect size for her to run through but too small for her pursuers to follow. Slipping into the corridor as quickly as she could she heard the creatures shout at her from behind.

Fluttershy didn't know how long she ran for but when she stopped her breath was ragged and her fur matted with sweat. Falling down on her haunches she leaned against a wall softly crying to herself, if Fluttershy had had a clear mind she might have noticed that the panel she was leaning against wasn't as solid as it looked. The panel swung open and fell backward, the panel falling back into place cutting off that exit route.

For the second time that day Fluttershy painfully got back on her hooves... and found creatures looking at her, but this time she found herself to already be surrounded alongside a fully clothed creature.

"What's this? a new species? Fist will be pleased to both be rid of you and have a new alien to sell." One of the creatures that had a bony face said, Fluttershy paling as she clearly understood that she was about to be foalnapped.

"Oh no you don't, you Bosh'tet." The masked creature snarled as she pulled Fluttershy along behind a set of boxes, loud sounds suddenly coming from both sides of the boxes followed by screams until silence fell in the chamber once again. Three new creatures standing on the top of the stairs, the masked one that had pulled Fluttershy with it swirling around to face them.

Fluttershy meanwhile peaked over the box they had hidden behind, her stomach churning at the sight of all the corpses that lay on the floor...

1. [Try talking to the live creatures]

2. Do the sensible thing and panic

3. [Use the stare on the new arrivals]

[Vote link]

Author's Note:

Well, this is something I've wanted to do for a while, the chapters for this probably will be around 1000 words long so I can pump them out on a regular basis.

For the people who are not familiar with how Mass Effect dialogue works I'll give a short explanation.
In Mass Effect you choose which dialogue you desire and the story adapts accordingly though most of the time you'll have regular options to pick from, sometimes there will be a
[Paragon] or a [Renegade] option available.
When an option is not available due to various reasons it will be colored [Grey]
The more one of the two options is used the more it will have an effect on the story. :raritywink:

I hope you'll enjoy Fluttershy's adventure into the ME universe! :twilightsmile:

https://www.strawpoll.me/17688800

Remember that comments are like authors' food, we gain energy from them. Constructive criticism is welcome.

Chapters Next