• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,263 Views, 3,483 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,483
 11,263

PreviousChapters Next
Council

Chapter 173

Council

"We can't just demand an audience like that, miss Fluttershy!" Equestrian ambassador Quill tried convincing Fluttershy after she'd barged into his office. "There's things we-"

"Ambassador, I suggest you contact whatever Council contact you've been given because if you don't I will be kicking down their door unannounced." Fluttershy growled, the Equestrian official rearing back and sitting completely frozen for a bit before tapping the screen in his desk. The holographic projector next to the wall of the office jumped to life, an assari operator appearing.

"Hello ambassador, is there anything you wish to discuss?"

Clearing his throat, the ambassador got up and walked over to the projection. "I would like to get an audience with the Council."

"My apologies but the Council is not taking any audience request in the near future," the asari apologised. Fluttershy Growled and stepped forward next to the ambassador.

"Listen closely. You are going to inform the Council that Fluttershy is coming over to them and when I arrive I'm going to get an audience from them."

The ambassador looked aghast as Fluttershy turned and went for the door to move over to the Citadel tower. "Y-You can't do that!" he exclaimed as he ran after the pegasus, leaving the asari in an equally baffled state.

"Watch me," Fluttershy simply said as she opened her wings and took off. Ambassador Quill shouted a few objections but all were ignored by the pegasus who accelerated towards the entrance of the Citadel tower. At the entrance of the place a small crowd had already formed of various officials who wanted to see the Council as well, presumably regarding the news from Earth, being held back by C-Sec.

"No people, I ain't gonna let all of you through. If you want an audience you'll have to take the proper channels!"

"Bailey!" Fluttershy called out, the crowd making some space as Fluttershy came in hot. The C-Sec officer seemingly surprised at seeing the girl of a former colleague.

"Fluttershy... You're not going to ask me for an audience with the Council too are you?" he groaned.

"No."

"Well good, these officials ar-"

"I'm not asking. If you don't move aside your people I will move them for you," Fluttershy flatly cut off the C-Sec officer. He clenched his jaw as he was put into an impossible position.

"You know I can't let you up without letting everyone else here up too," he sighed. "I can't let you pass."

"Then I apologise, this is nothing personal." Fluttershy's wings lit up, every single C-Sec agent beside Bailey was lifted from the ground simultaneously and helplessly floating in the air. Barging past the human man, Fluttershy went up to the lobby and took one of the elevators up. Of course the agents could shut off the elevator but it would hardly be the first time that she'd walk up the tower to get to the Council Chamber and offices.

This time though the elevator reached the top without any interruption... though the moment the doors opened Fluttershy was staring down the barrel of a rifle.

"Get onto the ground!" One of the heavily armed and armoured C-Sec officers ordered.

"My apologies but I was on my way to have a talk with the Council, do you mind stepping aside?" Fluttershy said calmly with a sweet smile on her scarred face that made even the turian in front of her hesitate for a second.

"Ma-am get on the ground right now," he threatened again, Fluttershy's smile didn't leave her face for even a second. Behind the group of heavily armed guards the asari Fluttershy had seen over the holographic projection came running up to her.

"Pardon me but my escort just arrived," Fluttershy pointed at the wide-eyed asari and pushed past the guard in the flash of a second he took to look at the newcomer. "Please lead the way to the Council." The guards were truly starting to hesitate their course of action as Fluttershy kept acting as if she was supposed to be there.

"The council is in session with each other and cannot be disturbed at this time," the asari stated though after straightening herself up.

Fluttershy chuckled a little too darkly maybe. "They're talking about the situation on Earth and I happen to be the lead expert that's available on that exact threat, they have need of my insights."

The turian Guard and the asari looked at each other, trying to come to a decision non-verbally. Fluttershy with her ability to sense the emotions of the two could feel the unspoken conversation turn into her favour, making her smile.

"Please follow me," the asari said, leading the pegasus to one of the side chambers of the tower. The turian and the other guards were close behind the two of them and kept a hawkish eye on Fluttershy in case she'd made any sudden move. After tapping in a password the door to the chamber with the council opened, its four members looked over what was disturbing them.

"Believe Shepard's claims now?" Fluttershy called out, striding into the room and locking eyes with the councillors. Udina in particular did not seem pleased in the slightest that the pegasus was present.

"Captain, why was she allowed into this room? We specifically said that we did not wish to be disturbed," he growled at the turian.

"Because the lot of you denied the existence of the reapers for years," Fluttershy growled right back walking up to the holo-table with a red-ladened display of earth the councillors were standing around. "Try denying it now."

"We are well aware of our mistakes, miss Fluttershy," The asari councillor said in defence.

"Well, what are you going to do about it then? Because Earth needs relief."

"Earth is not the only planet in danger here," the turian councillor interjected, taping his console and bringing up a display of Palaven and its surrounding moons. "Reapers stormed my homeworld too, though we repulsed the initial ships giving more time to prepare, our fleet is coming under increasing strain against the reapers."

Fluttershy grimaced as she saw the Vindica represented among the turian fleets but didn't comment on it, there was nothing she could do for her friends at that moment.

"Hackett indicated he'd found something that could help us in Mars' Prothean archives but I have not been able to contact the Fleet since that message," Udina huffed, accepting that Fluttershy would be allowed in the chamber for now. “The SSV Normandy is on its way here with further details for us.”

“Is Shepard on board?” Fluttershy perked as he heard that it was the Normandy that was coming.

“I do not know. Maybe, maybe not,” Udina said with a shrug. "It was undergoing a refit."

“In any case, we can't solely rely on whatever the Normandy is bringing here,” the turian councillor interjected. “More reaper capital ships are arriving at Palaven every hour, soon our navy will be stretched to capacity.”

“Earth needs turian help Councillor,” Udina snarled to his colleague.

“And we have nothing to spare,” the turian replied snidely. “The unfortunate fact is that we have our own battles to fight soon.”

Both the salarian and asari councillors agreed with this sentiment.

“So you're just going to look to your own instead of coming together?” Fluttershy asked, a growing headache from frustration forming.

“We have obligations to our own people. If Councillor Udina can provide us with in-depth plans to beat the reapers we may be able to spare resources but as it stands now, we are not able to give any help."

Fluttershy rolled her eyes, she wasn't going to get through their thick skulls.

"Speaking of the devil, the Normandy has arrived in system and will dock momentarily," Udina announced.

They're here? Fluttershy felt her omni-tool buzz. Twilight called me multiple times... she tried to call back but no one picked up from the other end. What's going on down there Twilight...

1. Wait here, Whoever is on the Normandy is bound to come to the Council.

2. Head down to the Normandy.

3. Go see why Twilight called.

[Vote link]

Author's Note:

From here on the timeline is gonna start spitting off from the ME3 timeline :raritywink:

[Paragon] or [Renegade] are colored when available, though normal options might also contribute to one or the other. As for the shippers under us, [Romance] is now also a thing.
When an option is not available due to various reasons it will be coloured [Grey]

https://www.strawpoll.me/42954170
[Certainty: 70]

Remember that comments are like authors' food, we gain energy from them. Constructive criticism is welcome.

PreviousChapters Next