• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,264 Views, 3,483 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,483
 11,264

PreviousChapters Next
Rogue

Chapter 116

Rogue

Just shield the salarian, no point in putting Rainbow in danger. 46%

Fluttershy growled as she jumped in front of the salarian, bringing up her wings to create a bubble of biotic energy around the salarian and herself. Shards of glass disintegrating against the shield right as it went up. Tela took this time to sprint out of the window, using her biotics to slow her fall as she descended from the third floor. Liara let out a growl, dropped her shield, and tore after the asari.

“Great,” Fluttershy muttered under her breath before running after her friend and jumped out the window as well. Dash remained still for a bit longer, looking over at Garrus who rolled his eyes as he watched his marefriend jump after the two asari.

“Think you can give me a lift down?” he groaned, Dash shaking her head sheepily. “I’ll start running then, make sure neither do something stupid until I get there.”

Garrus turned back and sprinted down the hallway while Dash ran after Fluttershy and soared out of the broken window. Using wings she caught up real fast with Fluttershy and Liara, the only thing stopping them from closing in further being the constant fire and biotic attacks though shots were getting through to her.

“You won’t get away, you bitch!” Liara shouted as she sent a particularly powerful biotic wave at the Spectre, Tela rolling out of the way.

“We’ll see about that!” the running asari ran to the side, jumping off the side of the structure they were running over into her empty shuttle before blasting off.

“Damnit!” Liara growled calling her own shuttle in to follow her. Garrus arriving at the scene completely out of breath.

“Come on Liara, we still have the salarian to get the data from,” Fluttershy tried to argue but Liara huffed as she jumped in the new shuttle that arrived.

“And leave her to attack us again? Don’t think so. Get in.” Garrus stepped in but Fluttershy lingered with Rainbow standing right behind her.

“Go ahead, we’ll fly along.” Liara nodded and closed the shuttle door, tearing after the fleeing shuttle as Fluttershy and Dash took to the air. “There’s something wrong with her. She’s way more aggressive than she used to.”

“Must have been a tough few years for her then,” Dash shouted back in confusion as the two of them flew at high speeds, winds tearing at them as they followed the shuttle and evaded other traffic in the air.

“I guess so… but I know it’s not good f-”
“Down!” Without question Fluttershy lowered her altitude and trailing Dash as she shouted the warning, a shuttle soared right over them as they crossed a flight track for parallel traffic.

“Damnit, that was way too close! We need to take that shuttle down before it gets a chance to take us out!” The chase continued on and one as the shuttles trailed by the two pegasi soared through tunnels, ongoing traffic, and through narrow passages between buildings. “We need to stop this.”

Fluttershy flared her wings coming to a swift stop as they reached an open space, the shuttles racing off and becoming really small as she aimed down sight and calculated her shot. Dash came to a stop a little further on, looking back at her friend as she hung practically frozen in the air, only her wings moving, showing a scary amount of control over her flight.

Crack!

Tela’s shuttle immediately started trailing smoke and banked to the side, slowing down and crashing on the roof of a building to the side. Dash’s mouth dropped open at the sheer precision at which Fluttershy had hit the shuttle.

“Dash, we got to get the roof before she has a chance to run or Liara does something stupid,” Fluttershy said, pulling Rainbow out of her awe induced trance.

“Right, yeah, let’s go.” The two pegasi raced towards the building while Liara’s shuttle landed further up on the roof, Garrus smirked as Fluttershy landed next to him.

“Nice shot there, little angel,” He said as he smirked, Liara on the other hand just marched off towards the crashed shuttle with her SMG trained on the wrecked vehicles. Checking the inside and grunting as she found it empty.

“Found blood over here!” Dash called out as she noticed droplets leading away from the smoking shuttle.

“Good, that means she’s slowed down,” Liara said coldly, starting to follow the blood trail. Fluttershy shared a concerned glance with Garrus before activating her stealth cloak and following the asari’s lead.

Stains of blood lead along the floor with footsteps inside them. They passed various apartments where security bots had been dispatched and a couple of terrified hotel attendees, into a lightly crowded open area where they found the Spectre limping away.

“Hold it right there! It’s over Vasir!” Liara aimed her gun but Tela pulled someone from the crowd and placed her pistol against the human’s head, the rest of the people there noticing the situation and running away from the roof.

“Really now? Wouldn’t it be sad if thi-” Before she could finish the pistol was jerked from her hand, the hostage thrown off of her, and tackled to the ground as Fluttershy re-appeared with an omni-blade only a hair away from the Spectre’s throat.

“You. do. not. threaten. Civilians.” Fluttershy growled into Vasir’s face pressing the blade a little deeper before letting her go and stepping back. Tela tried to get back up but the amount of blood lost was weakening her too much. “Why? Why would you do this for the Shadow Broker?”

“Because he’s been giving info for years that has kept the Citadel safe,” she spat, coughing up some blood. “So if it takes taking out a couple of targets then yes, it’s worth it.”

“And blowing up an entire floor of a building, murdering hundreds is justified then?” Fluttershy shot back at her, “I know a little about how this works and what you did crossed many lines…”

Vasir chuckled as Liara approached, her pistol still aimed. “It won’t matter if you kill me. The broker will just send in the next person to take you out.”

“We’ll see about that.”

Crack!

A hole appeared in the wall next to Vasir’s head as Fluttershy’s wing had pushed aside Liara’s pistol right on time.

“No. We’re not killing her.”

“She is going to come after us again, you know that right?” Liara said annoyed.

“It won’t matter, by the time she’s back on her feet we’ll be done. We can get her to face consequences later. She followed a bad path for good reasons, if we’re going to kill her for that then you might as well shoot me right here and be done with it.” Fluttershy said, turning back to the asari and in a smooth motion jabbed something into her neck. Vasir’s eyes rolled up in her skull and she passed out. “That should put her to sleep for a good while and keep her alive.”

Liara stayed quiet as Fluttershy passed the data-drive Vasir had taken over to Liara. “We act as judge, jury, and executioner, we walk the thin line of becoming like her too… we might have already become her in some cases.” Fluttershy shook her head. “Let’s just get out of here, we should try getting in contact with Shepard to plan our next move.”

Author's Note:

Ugh, still no job since there are simply none to be found... Guess I did manage to finish my Space Marine cosplay. I'll post pics in either next chapter or a blog post sometime soon:twilightsmile:

[Paragon] or [Renegade] are colored when available, though normal options might also contribute to one or the other. As for the shippers under us, [Romance] is now also a thing.
When an option is not available due to various reasons it will be colored [Grey]

[No Vote]

Remember that comments are like authors' food, we gain energy from them. Constructive criticism is welcome.

PreviousChapters Next