• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,408 Views, 3,500 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,500
 11,408

PreviousChapters Next
Biotics

Chapter 110

Biotics

Go see Chakwas. 72%

“...I think I should go see Chakwas, she really helped me back on the SR-1,” Fluttershy decided, stepping back into the elevator to head up a deck.

“So you can show me how to do biotics after?” Dash asked while they went up, the trip not nearly as long as those stupid elevators on the Citadel.

“Well, I learned a way to transfer the basics over with a trick I learned from an asari but the more advanced stuff you need to figure out for yourself.” The two of them passed the crew as they made their way to the medbay. “It might have some… side effects though.” Rainbow wanted to ask what kind of side effects that would be but put it off for when they’d actually get to it.

“Hello doctor,” Fluttershy said softly as Chakwas looked up from her work. A smile forming on her face at the sight of the familiar pegasus.

“Fluttershy! It’s good to see you, is Garrus still treating you well?” The two of them embraced each other for a moment while Rainbow watched from the side.

“Oh absolutely, we’re as close as can be. How have you been? I’m surprised to see you in a Cerberus vessel,” Fluttershy responded, sitting down on the chair across from the one where the doctor took a seat.

“Oh, I don’t work for Cerberus because I like them if that’s what you mean, I’m only here because of the commander. This mission we’re on is critical to the survival of my race and of the rest of the galaxy, I have faith the commander will make the right choices when it comes to this organization,” Chakwas said confidently. “And the alliance tried stationing me at the Mars Naval Medical Center, a respectable position but it wasn’t a starship.”

Fluttershy grinned. “Too little action for your tastes then, doctor?”

Chakwas laughed, “There is a certain thrill in not knowing where your next mission leads you, something I see you’re quite familiar with. You look nearly as bad as Shepard, I take it you and Garrus couldn’t keep still?”

Fluttershy shook her head and smiled. “No he couldn’t. We spent about a year running around on Omega… That place takes bites out of you the longer you stay.”

“Oh dear, I see… If you need help with them then don’t hesitate to ask me. Now I think dear Rainbow Dash over there is getting a bit impatient and I need to get the medbay ready for the upcoming mission. It was good to see you Fluttershy.”

“You too doctor,” Fluttershy responded, looking over her shoulder at the sheepishly looking Rainbow Dash. Shaking her head, Fluttershy lead Dash out of the medbay. “So, any good place where we can sit in private, Rainbow?”

“The port observation deck should be a good spot,” Dash pointed out the place where the two of them took a seat on the ground across from each other. Fluttershy took a deep breath to calm herself while Rainbow’s wings fidgeted nervously. “You said something about side effects before… they’re not too bad, are they?”

“No Rainbow, they shouldn’t be. What I want to do is to connect our consciousness to transfer the basics of biotic use, but in doing so we’ll get to experience each other’s deepest emotions… It might be uncomfortable for you to say the least,” Fluttershy explained to Rainbow who gave her a questioning look.

“And it won’t be for you?”

“I’ve seen some things that’d make most ponies curl up in a ball, Rainbow,” she deadpanned as an answer. Dash took a deep breath as she steeled herself, the view of stars out of the window helping to calm her as much as possible.

“Alright, I’m ready.”

“Are you?” Fluttershy questioned but she too took a deep calming breath. “Close your eyes and let your soul roam freely, unbind yourself from physical reality. Embrace eternity!” Fluttershy and Rainbow’s eyes shot open, complete black orbs as their minds connected.

Rainbow involuntarily cringed but her eyes were glued on her oldest friend as information and sensations freely flowed between the two of them. The knowledge on how to use biotics flowed into her at the same rate as various other feelings experiences entered her mind. She felt some of herself also bleed over to Fluttershy but she was too pre-occupied with what was entering her own head.

Fear… So much fear, please make it stop!

Images flashed in front of her, gigantic machines coming down from the sky and destroying entire worlds, vile corruption of creatures, and then the screams… the screams pierced her very soul.

And then it was gone.

Rainbow’s reflex didn’t even kick in as she dropped over onto her side and smashed against the ground, tears just falling from her eyes as she was having trouble processing all she’d seen. Fluttershy got off a lot better as she rushed her friend and pulled her off the ground, embracing the crying pegasus.

“I-I’m sorry Rainbow, I didn’t want to show you that,” she apologized as Dash sobbed into her armor covered chest.

“N-no, I think I understand now...” Dash croaked, her head still spinning. “I g-get why you did what you did.”

“Thank you, Rainbow.” Fluttershy kept Rainbow close a bit longer before allowing her to try and get up under her own strength. “I also got a bit of your feelings by the way… You understand I’m still there right?”

“Yeah, I do. Just took some perspective to see it,” Dash smiled, looking back at her wings. “Sooo, I should be able to use biotics, right?” Fluttershy nodded and chuckled.

“Yes, but basics only. Usually this process takes quite a while but magic is probably just very advanced and complicated biotics. Since we can use magic subconsciously already when we fly, we learn fast,” Fluttershy explained. “Now, see that bottle over there? Try and pick it up and bring it here.”

Rainbow gave her a strange look and then stood up to go get the bottle but was stopped by Fluttershy. “I meant levitate it over, silly.”

“Wait, what? I’m not a unicorn, remember?” Dash said but Fluttershy lit up her wings and wrapped her aura around two glasses and brought them over.

“You should have the knowledge on how to do that already,” Fluttershy smirked as Dash sat down and focussed on the bottle, a dim magenta aura the same color as her eyes forming around her wings and the bottle which carefully hovered over to where they were sitting until she was able to snatch it out of the air and blankly stare at it.

“That. was. Awesome!” She exclaimed in excitement as Fluttershy took the bottle and poured two glasses.

“That it is.” They toasted and downed the drink in a single go, Rainbow cringing a bit as she wasn’t used to the alcohol content.

“Strike team to the briefing room for the Horizon briefing.” Joker’s voice called out over the intercom.

“So what do you say, ready to save a human colony?” Fluttershy held out her hoof to help Dash up, the rainbow maned pegasus smirked and took it.

“Buck yes!”

Author's Note:

First real contact with the collectors coming up!

And I have locked in my final location where Equestria is located :rainbowdetermined2:

[Paragon] or [Renegade] are colored when available, though normal options might also contribute to one or the other. As for the shippers under us, [Romance] is now also a thing.
When an option is not available due to various reasons it will be colored [Grey]

[No Vote]

Remember that comments are like authors' food, we gain energy from them. Constructive criticism is welcome.

PreviousChapters Next