• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,393 Views, 3,500 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,500
 11,393

PreviousChapters Next
Clan leader

Chapter 97

Clan leader

“Wait here.” The leader of the krogan patrol they’d ran into left them under the guard of a couple of his subordinates as he reported to the clan leader himself. The trio’s weapons had been taken off them but this didn’t seem to bother Garrus and Shy any bit while Dash felt a little more uncomfortable without them.

“Oh sit down you worrywart, the moment Wrex hears about us being here he’s going to give us back our guns and allow us to wander freely,” Garrus laughed as Rainbow was nervously playing with some rocks on the ground. The turian and yellow pegasus had propped themselves against a wall and cuddled up together.

“Fine,” Dash grumbled as she kicked the rock away, glancing at the couple who were just making out right there. “Oh sweet Cel- There’s another pony here, thank you!

“Oh come on Rainbow, Garrus and I have some catching up to do,” Fluttershy said with a smirk making Dash groan. Luckily the krogan who’d gone to see Wrex returned before the two lovebirds could go at it again.

“The clan leader will see you now,” the krogan growled, pointing in the direction to go and walking off to do something else. Garrus grinned along with Shy and jumped up to head for their old friend. They passed groups of krogan throughout the camp, most of them giving Garrus the stink eye but the turian didn’t seem to mind.

“Looks like Wrex has been doing well for himself,” Fluttershy commented, observing the numerous krogan performing tasks.

“Yeah, it’s been a while that the krogan were together in numbers like these,” Garrus noted, slightly impressed by what had already been achieved there. As they arrived near the center of the camp they found the old battle-scarred krogan sitting on a makeshift rubble throne.

“Garrus!” he roared as he noticed the turian approached, jumping off and marching down to greet. “Still as ugly as ever I see… And you look like a krogan.”

Fluttershy grinned and hovered up to Wrex’s eye-level. “Good to see you too, Wrex.”

“Glad to see you’re still up and kicking grandpa, looks like you’ve been doing some serious work around here,” Garrus smirked, Wrex chuckled and nodded.

“I’ve been uniting all the clans under Urdnot, created a neutral grounds of sorts where females of all clans can safely come. I’ve also made sure that for the first time in a long time the krogan aren’t researching weapons but ways to farm this desolate rock, we’re a long way off but it’s going better than I feared and worse than I hoped.” Wrex explained looking out over the portion of the camp he could see from there. The old Krogan’s eyes then fell on the rainbow maned pegasus that was lagging behind the couple.

“I’ll be damned, there’s another one?” Rainbow nervously grinned and waved a hoof, Wrex huffing. “Looks green, want me to put her through a couple of rounds with some of the young ones?” Some blood drained from Dash’s face at the suggestion.

“Maybe later, she needs a checkup in a medbay first.” Fluttershy turned around and stuck her tongue out at Rainbow.

“Feel free to use ours, there should be enough supplies to do the job for you there. I’d love to hear how you two got here in the first place tonight, I’ve got some things to take care of. I’ll pass the word about you three around the camp so that you’re not bothered.”

“Thanks Wrex, see you tonight,” Fluttershy thanked as they split off for the moment, Garrus also excused himself and went to take a look around the encampment leaving the two pegasi to head for the krogan’s medbay.

“You’re not really going to hoof me over to the krogan, right?” Dash asked, suspiciously eyeing Fluttershy who gave her an innocent look.

“Me? Of course not, what makes you think that?” Fluttershy said with a devious glint in her eyes, unnerving Dash a bit more. “First things first though, we should take a look at that wing of yours. If you mend a bone with medi-gel too much, it won’t heal properly and I also want to check that your muscles aren’t damaged.” A couple of krogan were walking around the medbay and treating other krogan there. The installation didn’t exactly look very advanced but Shy would at least have some gear to check up on Rainbow’s wing.

“Hey Shy, shouldn’t we ask, I don’t know, one of the krogan doctors?” For that comment Rainbow received a good whack to the back of the head by Fluttershy.

“What do you think I’ve been doing over the last two years? Just learning how to shoot?” Dash shrunk down under the glare Fluttershy was giving her. “And krogan have an aversion to doctors, their medical system usually relies on just using whatever medi-gel they have available and letting nature do its thing. Trust me, you’re better off with me checking you up.” Dash decided that it might be wise to shut up while Fluttershy worked under the medbay’s other occupants’ suspicious eyes. Shy used various scanners she could find to get a good reading on the spot the wing had broken, muttering a couple of curses to herself.

“Uhm, what’s wrong?” Dash asked as Fluttershy looked as if in doubt of what to do next.

“Just something I feared had happened...” Shy muttered in response, “...I don’t think you’re going to like the next part.”

Fluttershy gently brushed her friend’s wing who looked at her nervously. “And why’s that?”

“Because the krogan don’t have sedatives that work on us and I can’t use the medi-gel first… Sorry.”

CRACK

Dash screamed in pain while Fluttershy held her down with a surprising amount of strength to stop her from flailing about after re-breaking the wing. “WHAT THE BUCK FLUTTERSHY!”

“Sorry! Your bone had set improperly!” Fluttershy apologized, keeping Dash down while looking at her omni-tool as she properly aligned the bones before stabbing the wing with a shot of medi-gel. “There, now it should heal properly… Oh, don’t give me that look.”

“I’m not talking to you,” Dash huffed, now that the sedatives in the medi-gel were in effect the pain in her wing returned to an annoying throb. Fluttershy rolled her eyes and put away some of the equipment she appropriated.

“Suit yourself, I’m going to look for Garrus. Stay off that wing for a good couple of days, medi-gel might be good but after breaking it three times it’s best to let your body do its job.” Rainbow grunted as Fluttershy made for the entrance of the medbay. “See you tonight at Wrex’s place.”

Rainbow was then left alone with the krogan by her oldest friend.

Why did you of all ponies have to become so brazen, that’s my thing!

Dash grumbled as she also left the medbay behind her, no point in moping in that place all day. There had to be some things around camp worth doing...

Author's Note:

Also, there’s 2.1 billion krogan living on Tuchanka. Mass Effect 2 only showed Wrex’s camp consisting of a couple of krogan but by the way it’s described in-game the camp would be rather large and impressive in my opinion.

Took a couple of days off and continued with Spits Fire, now back to this story and Contact Harvest. :twilightsmile:

[Paragon] or [Renegade] are colored when available, though normal options might also contribute to one or the other. As for the shippers under us, [Romance] is now also a thing.
When an option is not available due to various reasons it will be colored [Grey]

[No Vote]

Now edited by gerandakis

Remember that comments are like authors' food, we gain energy from them. Constructive criticism is welcome.

PreviousChapters Next