• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,408 Views, 3,500 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,500
 11,408

PreviousChapters Next
Huerta Memorial

Chapter 57

Huerta Memorial

[Stay with Garrus. Kasumi isn’t important.] 52%

Fluttershy thought for a moment about what she should do, ultimately deciding that she’d just let Shepard deal with the thief. She simply didn’t want to spend the energy dealing with the japanese woman anymore.

After slowly getting off her own bed, she made a quick jump onto Garrus’ one, careful not to disturb the turian too much. Doctor Chakwas might have fused together his bones, but they would still be really sensitive.

Cuddling up as close as she could, Fluttershy closed her eyes and let herself slowly fall asleep, the slight rising and falling of Garrus’ chest against her side acting as a calming influence against the nightmares.

Fluttershy woke as she felt someone shaking her body ever so slightly. Letting out a large yawn, she wanted to stretch her wings, but after opening them slightly she was painfully reminded that that wasn’t a good idea.

“Hey Flutters, wake up. We’ve arrived back at the Citadel,” Garrus said, getting Fluttershy to open her eyes. Around them, there were a couple more nurses that were looking at the pair. They had two medical beds with them that could be moved out of the medbay as opposed to the ones the Normandy had installed. “They want to move me to the other bed. but you’re kind of in the way of that,” he chuckled. Fluttershy blushed and quickly released the vice grip she had on her coltfriend’s arm.

“Sorry,” Fluttershy quickly apologized as she jumped off the bed to give the two nurses some space to work with the turian.

“Don’t be. You looked like you were getting some good sleep, and considering what you went through, that’s a really good thing,” Garrus grunted as he was moved to the mobile bed. “Now you should get onto your bed as well so they can get us to the hospital.”

Fluttershy followed Garrus’ instruction and jumped onto the bed that was reserved for her, allowing the nurses to push them out of the medbay. Outside there was a small group of the crew alongside the Commander, Liara, Wrex, and Tali standing to see them head off.

“I’ve got something from Kasumi Goto for the two of you,” Shepard said, while handing the pegasus a datapad that had a message written on it as the nurses allowed them a moment to say goodbye to the two of them.

“Thank you, Commander. We’ll read it when we get to the hospital,” Fluttershy thanked as Tali walked up to the bed as well.

“You get well soon, alright? I’m going to miss the two of you around on the Normandy,” she said as she hugged the little pony.

“We’ll be back the moment we get released from the hospital,” Fluttershy smiled back at the quarian. Wrex was the next of the group to come up to the pegasus.

“See you back here in a couple of weeks, I need someone alongside me that can show these pyjacks what real biotics look like,” he chuckled, getting a nudge from Kaidan who, along with Liara, gave him a glare, but the two of them couldn’t hold it for long as they fell to chuckles as well.

“Thanks for all the love you guys. I really appreciate it,” Garus said with a smirk as everyone seemed to huddle around Fluttershy.

“Heh, we love you as well, you crazy turian. Want a hug from uncle Urdnot?” Wrex chuckled as he walked up to the other bed.

Garrus grinned as he shook his head. “My ribs are damaged enough as they are now.”

A few more goodbyes later, the two of them were being pushed out of the Normandy and onto the docks where a large shuttle was waiting for them. The journey to Huerta Memorial Hospital on the Presidium didn’t take too long, and the doctors didn’t waste any time getting to the treatment that the two of them needed.

For Garrus that meant the removal of scar tissue from his legs, while Fluttershy had her body flushed from any traces of Hock’s biological matter. The pegasus had yet to have an adverse reaction to it, but the doctors weren’t going to take the chance. So, after a tiring day, the two of them were back together in one of the hospital’s rooms.

“Hey Shy, you had that letter from Kasumi, didn’t you?” Garrus asked as he got himself comfortable. Fluttershy nodded and pulled out the letter that she had been taking along for the entire day now, activating it and clearing her throat as she got ready to read it.

To Fluttershy and Garrus:
I’m so sorry
I hope the
I’m not sure how to start this letter. I want to tell you how sorry I am, but I’m sure you’re not in the mood to listen to my plead. The Commander had a talk with me and gave me a few new perspectives and things to think about.

When I first ran into you I tried to force you to go along with my plan, even though if I had asked kindly you would have probably accepted anyway. If I hadn’t let my paranoia get the better of me, we might have been able to avoid the entire ordeal all together, and for that I’m truly sorry.

If you never want to see me again, I’d understand, but know that if you ever need a favour done you can call me.

I’ve left a contact in your omni-tools, speak the password ‘Silence is golden’ after the beep to get into contact. I’ve also left a considerable amount of credits in your accounts as well.

I’m deeply in your debt,
Kasumi Goto

Fluttershy felt a wave of guilt hit her as she remembered deciding against going to see Kasumi. Yes talking to the thief would have been tough, but it seemed like not talking to her had hurt Kasumi more than Fluttershy had anticipated.

While Fluttershy checked the new contact added to her omni-tool, Garrus checked the balance on his financial account to see what Kasumi had deposited there, his jaw nearly hit the floor as he saw the amount of deposited credits. “Sweet spirits that’s a lot of credits!”

Fluttershy raised an eyebrow and went over to Garrus’ bed to see the amount of credits that had the turian so surprised, her eyes widened as she too saw the amount of credits. “That’s even more than Shepard provided me and Liara with when we went shopping for gear here!”

“I guess we can do some shopping when we get out of here then. Get some upgraded gear for the others and such,” Garrus said as he was done being awed at the number in his personal account.

“That might be nice for-” Fluttershy’s sentence was cut off as she let out a loud yawn, causing Garrus to chuckle.

“You only got a couple hours of sleep. I think it’s best if the two of us get some more, not like we have much else to do.”

Fluttershy nodded and wanted to make her way back to her bed but, before jumping off, an idea popped into her mind that made her blush slightly. Turning back to the turian she placed a quick kiss on his bony cheek before quickly getting into her own bed, facing away from Garrus to hide her beet red cheeks.

It was going to take a long while before she’d fall asleep.

Author's Note:

No vote this time though there's a major event in the next chapter.

I've also got a new side project I'm working on but I want to make some more progress on that before revealing it. :scootangel:

I hope you enjoyed! :twilightsmile:

[Paragon] or [Renegade] are colored when available, though normal options might also contribute to one or the other. As for the shippers under us, [Romance] is now also a thing.
When an option is not available due to various reasons it will be colored [Grey]

[No Vote]

Now edited by gerandakis and lordelliot

Remember that comments are like authors' food, we gain energy from them. Constructive criticism is welcome.

PreviousChapters Next