• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,403 Views, 3,500 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,500
 11,403

PreviousChapters Next
Armor

Chapter 15

Armor

We should go to the armorer first to give him time to design the armor 45%

"I think I'd prefer to go to Garrus's contact before doing the surgery," Fluttershy nervously said, giving herself some more time to think it over. Liara nodded and opened her omni-tool, plotting a route to the armorer. The pegasus quickly finished the rest of her plate before leaving the restaurant and traveling to the business Garrus had recommended.

While on the way there the two of them did a quick extranet search to find out more about the armorer. She was a turian named Solana, she seemed to be mainly responsible for supplying private security companies but after digging a bit deeper Liara managed to find some strange facts concerning her company. "Two years ago the company was registered on the Citadel but she's already selling gear to C-Sec's arrest teams!"

Fluttershy looked at Liara in confusion. "Is that strange?"

Liara nodded. "Think of it like this, there are countless large companies lobbying to get contracts with C-Sec and then this small startup comes along and just happens to get a contract all those companies have been trying to get!"

This was something the pegasus understood very well, Rarity had once had to deal with the outrage of Canterlot's fashion companies for similar reasons after getting to make the Princesses' dresses for the Grand Galloping Gala. But this left the question of why Garrus would send them to an armorer like this. "Are you sure she's the right person we're looking for?"

Liara rechecked the name in the message from Garrus on her omni-tool. "It's the correct name and address. He also says we should tell her that if she does this than he considers them even."

"I guess if he trusts her then it's okay?" Fluttershy said but was unsure if she really believed that herself.

"I guess we'll find out now," Liara said as the shuttle came to a halt and opened its doors. The street was relatively quiet as only a couple turians were passing through it. Looking at the building they had been dropped in front of, they found it had no windows and Solana Armory written on it in bold white letters. Fluttershy felt a slight shiver go up her spine as they entered the dimly lit building where they found a turian sitting at a front desk.

"We're not open to private individuals, if you would please leave the building at once that would be appreciated," he gruffly stated without even glancing up at the two newcomers. Liara looked taken aback but swiftly managed to recompose herself.

"We got a recommendation from a turian friend of ours that we should speak to a Solana at this address," Liara stated which definitely drew the attention of the turian attendant.

"And who might this turian be?" he asked while studying Liara for weapons carefully, one of his hands grasping for something under his desk.

"Garrus Vakarian," Fluttershy said, immediately regretting that she spoke as the turian's gaze fixed on her. Fortunately for the pegasus, she still had her long hair to hide behind. The turian removed his hand from under the desk and tapped a few commands into the console in front of him.

"Boss, we have an asari and a... whatever that is, claiming to be sent here by Garrus Vakarian," he said as a small hologram appeared in front of him, the response wasn't immediate but when it came the voice was digitally distorted.

"I'll be right up." With that the call was swiftly terminated, the attendant keeping his gaze locked on the two in front of him as an uncomfortable silence fell over them though it didn't take long for a door to slam open revealing a female turian—Solana. She was wearing a tight cloth suit with a hood but the way it was formed betrayed the armor that was below it. "Prove it," she simply stated.

Liara opened her omni-tool and brought up the message from Garrus, Solana immediately opened her own omni-tool and passed it over Liara's which flickered for a moment. "Hey!..." Liara stepped forward but was shoved back by the turian who was studying whatever data she had gained on her omni-tool.

"Fuck," she simply said as she closed her omni-tool. "You two follow me, don't touch anything."

The turian took off back towards the door, Liara and Fluttershy looking at each other and, surprisingly, Fluttershy was the first to step after the female turian into the back of the building. The scene drastically changed the moment they got to the back of the building as they entered a rather large workshop that had multiple salarians, turians, and even a quarian working in it. There were various armors in a partial state of completion in the workshop that they could see as they were led into a small office, Solana pulled down her hood as she sat down across from the asari and pegasus. "I take it you need armor made for her?" she stated while looking at Fluttershy.

Fluttershy nodded nervously, Solana studied her for a moment longer before her demeanor seemed to change completely. "I'll do it, may I have your names?" she asked, a small smile seemingly formed on her face.

Liara seemed taken aback by the sudden change but answered anyway, "Liara T'Soni and Fluttershy."

Solana nodded, "In that case would you mind coming along with me to take your measurements?" she asked, Fluttershy shook her head. "Good. Miss T'Soni don't touch anything in here," Solana told the asari before getting up and leaving with Fluttershy on her tail.

"Uhm... Miss Solana, I..."

"You need to get more confidence in yourself," Solana stated, cutting off Fluttershy, "Since you're getting a set of armor I'm guessing that you're going out to fight but no gear in the world will help you if you're too skittish to use it." Fluttershy tried to croak a reply but no coherent words seemed to come from her mouth. "Look, I've got no clue why you seem to be as shy as you are but whatever caused it is something you need to work out before you start doing dangerous stuff."

Before Fluttershy could try to reply again, the two of them reached what looked to be a raised stage. Solana motioned for her to step onto it. The pegasus followed the non-verbal instruction and stepped up to the platform, the turian pressing a couple of buttons that made the platform buzz and a screen of light pass over the pegasus. "We're done here, let's go back to your friend."

The short walk back to the office was in silence as Fluttershy was mulling over the advice she had gotten, it wasn't the first time she had gotten such advice but this time she tried thinking about the cause of her shyness, three colts from flight school flashing through her mind. After entering, they found Liara browsing her omni-tool which she immediately closed as she saw the turian and pegasus enter. "I take it you want to have light armor made for her?" Solana asked, which Liara confirmed with a nod. "Tech or biotics?"

"Biotics," Liara answered which seemed to surprise the turian but she didn't comment on it.

"Got it, where should it be delivered to when finished?" Solana asked.

"The SSV Normandy, she'll be docked at alliance dock number two in a week," Liara told Solana who, once again, seemed surprised at that fact.

"I'll have it done by then. Also, don't worry about the costs, I have them covered," She told the two looked at her curiously. Solana sighing, "something between Garrus and myself, not your business," She said with an edge in her voice as she lead them out the office, through the workshop, and out of the front where they parted ways once again. Fluttershy looked up at the asari as they were standing in front of the building once again.

"That was... interesting," Liara said as she looked back at the building, "Shall we go get an appointment for the surgery now? I found a well respected asari surgeon while you were briefly away," she told the pegasus who swallowed.

1. Okay, we'll go to the clinic you found

2. Couldn't I use biotics without a biotic amp?

3. I-I'm not sure if biotics is the way to go

[Vote link]

Author's Note:

There's little lore about the turian I used but that just gives me more freedom to work with. :ajsmug:

Also, don't expect a chapter in the coming week. I'm going to be in the field for at least two days and when I'm not I'm most certainly going to be busy with other things. If I'm lucky we'll be kicked off the base by Thursday due to Good Friday but that's a major if.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed! See you in the next chapter! :twilightsmile:

[Paragon] or a [Renegade] Are colored when available, though normal options might also contribute to one or the other. As for the shippers under us [Romance] is now also a thing.
When an option is not available due to various reasons it will be colored [Grey]

https://www.strawpoll.me/17813220
(updated link, I screwed up the first one.:twilightblush:)
[Certainty: 40]

Remember that comments are like authors' food, we gain energy from them. Constructive criticism is welcome.

PreviousChapters Next