• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,412 Views, 3,500 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,500
 11,412

PreviousChapters Next
Shattered

Chapter 102

Shattered

[Regardless of what the elements did, you owe me… you owe them.] 57%

“Princess, we’re out of time! You can’t stop this anymore!” Twilight shouted, the machine coming closer and closer to finishing its activation sequence. “You can’t just leave them out in the darkness, not after what they did for you!”

Luna frowned and took a step back as she rapidly went through every option she had. “Captain, make sure Twilight Sparkle remains safe. Even from my sister.”

“Princess, no!” Twilight desperately tried getting to the device but the guards around her had already pounced and pinned her to the ground but what the princess did next was something Twilight could never have anticipated. Luna telekinetically pulled the black tiara off of her head and flung it towards the guards, leaping back into the device’s aura.

“You’re right, Twilight, I won’t leave them alone!” The princess managed to shout right before the device fired, a wave of energy blasting out from the machine and knocking over anypony who wasn’t firmly standing.

CRACK!

The device broke.

The sky did as well.

Not a little, but the entire sky was a myriad of cracks and whole sections were disintegrating starting with the moon. The cracks continued to grow as parts just disappeared and darkness along with a brand new night sky revealed itself, a much smaller new moon prominently featured in the nightscape.

The guards that had held down Twilight loosened their grips to look at this development in astonishment, only the captain who’d partially seen the sky break before wasn’t focussed on the display. He was looking at the black tiara of his princess before turning to the unicorn that was similarly looking at something other than the sky, her gaze was focussed on the crack that had appeared in the superstructure of the device.

“Attention!” Captain Darkwing called out to his subordinates. “You heard your princess, we are to keep Miss Sparkle here safe and Princess Celestia is surely on her way here right this very moment. Until we can ascertain her frame of mind we will rotate Sparkle through safehouses so she won’t be found. Am I clear?!”

“Yes, sir!” The call came from every batpony guard at once as they jumped into action again.

“Captain I-” Twilight was cut off as Darkwing flapped his wings and got uncomfortably close to the unicorn while giving her a death glare.

“Let me make one thing very clear, Twilight Sparkle, if you don’t follow any of the instructions given to you, I will hoof you off to Celestia personally. The only reason I’m considering helping you is because that was my princess’ final command before she shot off to Faust knows where!”

Twilight nodded as she was pulled up by the guard and led away by the other guard while the captain sat down in front of the broken device with the tiara to await the arrival of the Princess of the Sun.

Splash

Luna panicked as she felt herself submerge with no feeling of what was up and down, her wings spreading out in the water she’d fallen into and her legs flailing about. Desperately holding her breath, the princess noticed rays of light falling down at her right as she hit a metallic surface, giving her a point of reference. Placing her hooves against the surface, Luna pushed off from what she assumed to be the floor and towards the light, breaking the surface of the water and sucking a deep breath of fresh air into her lungs.

Dear Faust, drowning on arrival would have been an awkward entrance.

Taking the time to look around, Luna suddenly felt herself become really small. The massive buildings made of metal and flying boxes overhead outdoing anything a city in Equestria could dream to achieve. A device, similar to the one one that had stood in the warehouse in Equestria towered over her while a bridge across the water was only a couple of pony-lengths away. Lighting her horn, the princess teleported onto the bridge to get herself out of the cold water. The teenage griffin and unicorn professor were still trying to get their bearings there.

“Are you okay, little one?” Luna asked as she kneeled next to the griffin and helped steady her.

“Y-Yes of course Princess!” she stuttered, making herself a bit smaller as she paled. “I-I’m sorry, I didn’t know! And then there was that glowy thing and it looked so pretty-”

“Calm down young griffin, w-I am not angry at you,” Luna assured, turning her gaze at Particle Bit who was looking at the princess in astonishment. “You shouldn’t press your luck though,” She added in a growl, Particle gulped and nodded.

“So where are we?” Gabby asked as she looked around in wonder, several of the flying box carts had stopped at the edges of the bridge they were unloading various alien creatures in dark grey and blue dresses.

“I haven’t got the foggiest notion of where we are,” the princess admitted as the creatures approached, looking suspiciously at Luna in particular. Having a guess at what that reason was, Luna pulled the magic from her mane turning it from the flowing nebula back into regular dark blue hair. The aliens visibly relaxed at this sight.

“Do we have a translator on hand?” One of the aliens asked something to the others who replied in their own language, followed by the first one uttering something Luna was pretty sure was a curse. That was also the moment the princess saw two things too small to be one of the flying boxes approach the bridge in the corner of her eye. A rush of air went over the group of assembled creatures as two pegasi went into a hover in front of them.

“Princess?!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in confusion.

“Hey, can either of you two pass along the translation files?” The alien who’d initially approached the new arrivals took the attention of Rainbow as she got into a conversation with the alien. Fluttershy on the other hoof remained focussed on the princess in front of her.

“I must admit it wasn’t you who I was expecting to find when we got the notification that the relay had activated again, Princess,” Fluttershy chuckled as she landed on the bridge.

“Consider the feeling mutual,” Luna replied as Dash turned back to her fellow equestrians.

“Ok, the C-Sec guys want the three of you to head to the human embassy. There we can get you some ID and stuff so you’re free to walk around.” The aliens already seemed to be backing off and leaving the ponies on their own, only a couple of them staying to make sure they would actually do what they had been told.

“That sounds agreeab-” Luna was cut off by a panting Shining who’d run the entire distance to the relay. Falling to his knees as he realized who stood before him. “Rise, Captain, we are not your commanding officer.”

“You’re still a princess of the realm I swore to protect,” Shining argued. “Why’s C-Sec backing off by the way?”

“Because we need to bring them to the human embassy,” Rainbow grinned while Shining stared back at her.

“Oh for Celestia’s sake, I just ran here from there!” he exclaimed, shaking his head as he turned to walk back to where he came from. Fluttershy giggled as Garrus arrived as well, a little less out of breath than Shining had been.

“Nothing blew up? That’s a relief for once.”

“Oh shush you,” Fluttershy laughed as she hovered up to the turian and quickly kissed him on his bony face. “Be a dear and bring the Princess back to the embassy, I’ll go inform Councillor Anderson of what happened.”

Fluttershy immediately took off while Garrus was still stuttering a reply and a smirking Princess Luna approached him. “Courted the Element of Kindness, have you? I would love to hear how that came about...”

Author's Note:



Built this bolt pistol after uploading the chapter yesterday, going to paint it right after I finish uploading this one. :twilightsmile:

[Paragon] or [Renegade] are colored when available, though normal options might also contribute to one or the other. As for the shippers under us, [Romance] is now also a thing.
When an option is not available due to various reasons it will be colored [Grey]

[No Vote]

Now edited by gerandakis

Remember that comments are like authors' food, we gain energy from them. Constructive criticism is welcome.

PreviousChapters Next