• Published 27th Mar 2019
  • 11,394 Views, 3,500 Comments

Mass Effect: Element of Kindness - CommanderApplejack



[CYOA] While exploring an old ruin an unfortunate accident sends Fluttershy halfway across the galaxy, how will the shy pegasus cope with being stuck away from her friends?

  • ...
26
 3,500
 11,394

PreviousChapters Next
Goodbyes

Chapter 148

Goodbyes

Ponies can figure this out ourself. 50%

“I think the Captain and his ponies can handle this just fine. Fidelis will probably be able to get a hang of the systems and rapidly get the ponies, and other species, up to speed,” Fluttershy said, looking over to Luna. “Don’t you think Princess?”

“For now I’d agree. Informing the Griffins would be a good idea, they will be invaluable in engineering teams… That reminds me, Gabby is still on the Normandy, right?” Luna asked, getting a nod from Shepard.

“I offered her to come down along with the shuttle but she dodged the question and dove into a maintenance shaft to do more ‘maintenance’,” Shepard answered.

“It’d be appreciated if she were to be returned to her family, her disappearance has been a significant diplomatic thorn in my side,” Celestia sighed. “The Grimmfeather clan does not take well to the disappearance of one of their own.”

Rainbow’s ears perked, “Wait, Grimmfeather? That’s Gilda’s clan.”

“She has indeed been the most frequent petitioner… as in daily… I’m actually quite certain she will have followed me to Manehattan,” the princess nodded. “Where she is right now I actually don’t know.”

“We arrested one which we are holding in the north precinct at the moment,” Iron Hoof mentioned casually. “Could be her.”

“Send someone to check, she has diplomatic immunity,” Celestia said, suspiciously glaring at the captain who saluted and left the room.

“I’ll muster my guard outside, is there anywhere you want us assembled, commander?” Darkwing asked.

“If you could keep the skies clear that’d be great, I’d rather not hit any pegasi when coming down here,” Shepard answered as he signaled Joker to bring the Normandy down, the Captain saluted and started gathering his ponies.

“We’ll contact you if we get back, until then I’m sure Luna can get you in contact with Particle Bit to get access to the Citadel’s universities. We’ll be needing a lot of ponies that can rapidly gain an understanding of tech and science very soon.” Fluttershy told Twilight who frowned.

“You sound like you’re not going to come back...”

Fluttershy sighed and shook her head. “We’re going to do something very dangerous Twilight, we’ll do our best but I can’t assure anything.”

“We got to go, Shy,” Garrus said as the others had already left for the shuttle outside. Twilight shot forward to quickly hug Fluttershy, smiling as she let go.

“Alright, You’ve made it this far out there so I’ll trust you, but you better come back you hear me?”

Fluttershy smiled back and gave Twilight a nudge. “Very clearly.”

The two said nothing else as Fluttershy walked outside along with Garrus. Quite a crowd had formed outside the precinct, being held back by royal guards as the thestrals had assembled in the air and were keeping pegasi and the odd griffin from coming too close.

The Normandy slowly descended straight down to the awe of everypony watching as the shuttle was the first to enter the corvette’s hangar followed by a few dozen Lunar Guards before the door closed and the ship started moving back down south towards the massive pony vessel to drop off. Princess Luna had come along too to open up the planetary shield to grant passage to the Normandy through the planetary shield after dropping off the guard, but keeping her immensely curious guard at bay in the hangar for now.

Fluttershy headed up one level to the engineering bay to talk to Gabby. Tali was with her as the quarian took her place at her own station again. “Hey Kenneth, Gabriella, you two know where Gabby is?”

“Last ah saw the lass was down in the ducts, just head down where Jack hangs out,” Kenneth told Fluttershy who thanked him and went down to the maintenance are and by extension the biotic.

“Hey there, don’t see you down here often. Here for the bird?” Jack said as she looked up from the cot she was lounging in while playing with some pebbles in a biotic field, her fist slamming on the metal wall next to her which created a loud bang. Gabby nearly immediately poked her head out of one of the shafts.

“I’M WORKING HE- oh...”

“We need to talk,” Fluttershy calmly said, giving a thankful nod to Jack. Gabby sighed and got out of the maintenance shaft.

“You’re going to tell me I have to get off the ship, aren’t you?” Gabby said as she walked towards the stairs leading up to engineering proper.

“That was the deal, remember?”

“I know… but now we’re home I’m just going to have to go back to Griffinstone, aren’t I? Engineering has really been fun all this time…”

“Hey, I said nothing about Griffinstone,” Fluttershy smirked, “And who says you have to give up engineering?”

“You?” Gabby flatly said, “Not a lot of engineering things down here now is there?”

“How about Equestria’s first and only spaceship? Or did you not see it due to hiding away in the maintenance shafts?” Fluttershy poked Gabby in the side.

“Maybe,” the griffin sheepishly, “I heard the crew talk about it, they seemed impressed.”

“Having a griffin who’s knowledgable about engineering would be immensely useful in getting things up and running. We wouldn’t start at step zero at least.”

“I guess…” Gabby nervously rubbed her arm. “Would you mind if I said goodby to the others first?”

“Of course not, and I’ll do my very best to make sure you’ll see them again,” Fluttershy promised as Gabby went into engineering. The pegasus waited in the hallway in front where she looked down through the glass at the bat ponies below who sat around and listened to Luna talk. A few minutes later a decidedly more happy Gabby came walking out of engineering wearing a coat and her engineering toolbelt along with a whole bunch of tools, goggles propped up on her forehead.

“I’m ready.”

“Good. Let’s go down to see Luna then,” Fluttershy smiled as they took the elevator and stepped back out in the hangar. The batponies all looked over at the newcomers as Fluttershy made a beeline to the Princess. “Gabby here would like to join your guard on our ship Luna.”

“I’d have to ask the griffins if they’re okay with it, little one, and ambassador Gruff has never been the most flexible of griffins,” Luna sighed.

Gabby snickered, “Just tell grandpa you’ve given me a good-paying job and allow him to send someone to check on me… preferably auntie Gilda, she might be useful to me since she’s smart.”

“Celestia did say Gilda wouldn’t stop bugging her,” Fluttershy chuckled.

“I’ll set up a meeting and allow you two to talk via omni-tool, we’ll figure something out then,” Luna smiled, allowing Gabby to sit down with the rest of the guard. Fluttershy turning to leave the thestrals alone with their princess again.

“Miss Fluttershy?” captain Darkwing stopped her before she got to the elevator, Shy looking back over towards the captain who had stood up.

“Yes?”

“Our Princess told us of your mission and a bit about what you’ve been through. We wish you clear skies and a bright moon to guide you on your path.” The thestral saluted, all his subordinates standing up and saluting the pegasus as well. Fluttershy straightened up as she knew this was quite the honor as the royal guard captain would usually only salute the Princess herself.

“Thank you, I’ll try not to let you all down.”


War Asset Aquired

Equestrian Titan Vindica

This absolutely humongous vessel has lain dormant below the surface of the peaceful world of Equis for thousands of years. A last gift from generations past the titan was specifically designed for ponies to use in case they would ever have to face the forces from dark space again. As the titan was built to go toe to toe against the reapers it heavily outclasses any single ship in the galaxy barring maybe a reaper.

Military Strength: 120

UPDATE:
The night guard has crewed the ship and will do their best to become familiar with its systems to get the large vessel maintained and operational. Their numbers are too small by far but calls have already gone out to their hollows for their brothers and sisters to help in the task from their Princess.

Military Strength: 3

UPDATE:
Gabby Grimmfeather, griffin savant, has picked up much from her time in engineering on the Normandy and will now apply her new expertise in helping get the engineering team up to snuff.

Military Strength: 10

Author's Note:

You have no idea how much I enjoyed writing up that war asset description... :pinkiehappy:
...and it won't be the last one.

[Paragon] or [Renegade] are colored when available, though normal options might also contribute to one or the other. As for the shippers under us, [Romance] is now also a thing.
When an option is not available due to various reasons it will be colored [Grey]

[No Vote]

Remember that comments are like authors' food, we gain energy from them. Constructive criticism is welcome.

PreviousChapters Next