• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 19,282 Views, 1,742 Comments

Of Maids and Mistresses - Unahim



Twilight and Trixie think up a plan to change Trixie's attitude, but it ends up working too well...

Comments ( 142 )

Awh, grimdark... :fluttercry:

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this story, and eagerly await any continuation, along with the debut of your next fic, whatever it may be.

I applaud you, good sir, for this fic...
was simply
images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120812041418/thefanfictionwikiofgtfandphazon/images/6/69/Clapping_Magic_.gif

It was a great read, and I even read some of the cloppy stuff, and well, I liked it :fluttershbad:

just wanted to say that i did enjoy your writing style and the story i hope to more stories of you in a near future

*finishes reading
:fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:
That was f***ing beautiful man. Seriously man, even though I saw it coming a mile away still.... just....
I've been following this story for a while and yeah...

Whatever you write next I hope its just as awesome. Keep kicking ass man.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've got a pregnancy fic planned as a continuation.

Because there's no way those two won't use -that- spell again.

Unahim, I salute you. :rainbowdetermined2:

*Mutters constantly while crossing fingers* Solar Empire Solar Empire Solar Empire Solar Empire Solar Empire Solar Empire Solar Empire!

It's been a hellova ride, this story has been amazing. :twilightsmile:

Keep up the good work, though I am a little leary of a grimdark.:twilightblush:

Much fun was had. Well done.

... Amazing story. Had many feels just reading it, especially that last chapter.
i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/ultra1437/Memes/allthefeels.png

I'm alright with dark, grimdark, not so much. Meh, i've got four fallout:equestria sidestories to read, and will most likely give your new story a read too, when it comes out. (/wrist at read-it-later list wordcount, of 1m+ and counting)

I loved the end so much. It felt right.

Dat ending!
I normally hate Trixie but i thoroughly enjoyed this, good work man!

It was a good run, I'll give you that. I Honestly don't care what you do with the story now, just know that we all enjoyed the ride :pinkiehappy:. OH! and this was my face when I saw you were making a grim dark story :derpytongue2:

Sequel?!! Maybe, just maybe. Also, the ending reminded me of allegrezza, but the ending was still damn beautiful.

thank you for leaving an opening to pick this story up with a sequel. With the spike thing still to do im happy to know that your not quit done with these and can look forward to when you start again. Gonna keep my eye on you to see what else you put out. :)

1219617
1220115
1220167
1220385

Grimdark is more or less where my roots are at. The first story I ever published on this site (or anywhere, really) is Cheerilee's Garden, and it is an extremely gruesome read. Worse than Cupcakes by far, according to most. It has enjoyed an immense reader base, currently occupying the spot of 5th most viewed story on this site, mostly due to its notoriety, I'd imagine.

While I don't want to write something that stomach churning this time (torture was a fairly common occurrence in Cheerilee's Garden, for instance, and it was as explicit as the clop parts here. I'd rather stick closer to a "Rainbow Factory" level of grimdark: it's there, but not explicitly described)) I do like the overall Grimdark tone. The goal is to write a sequel to Cheerilee's Garden (or actual to its sequel, Scarlet Harvest) that can be read without any prior knowledge of the two other stories, and which contains no gore. It'll still be grimdark in atmosphere, just not quite as... gruesome.

I hope you'll give it a try when it comes out, but I understand that some people who came here to read a shippy fic wouldn't necessarily enjoy that ^^


1219647

At least for now, we'll see what happens in the future.

1219659
1219665
1219686
1220509
1220300
1220279
1220209
1220135
1220100
1219930
1219839
1219800
1220637
1219695
1219783
1220572
1219928
1219709
1219715
1219734

Thanks everyone, your support means a lot to me. I hope that any future works I make will be able to please you as well, even though they will not always be in the same style as this one.

I will definitely keep writing, and if I come back to this story (I do plan to, I just made sure that if for some reason I don't, everything is more or less in a good spot already) we'll be picking up where we left, with the wedding being prepared, Spike and Trixie slowly getting along, etc. And you didn't think Celestia would just let Twilight quietly plan a wedding in Ponyville once she hears, did you? ;)

1219966

Wish granted!

1220622

Heh, yeah. Still tame by my writing standards, though ^^

1220675 as per your request, I'll give it a try, but I'm leery of seeing my favorite ponies die...

1220675

Worse than Cupcakes by far, according to most.

Ah, i may give it a pass then. I'm not fond of gore in any real excess. Fallout: Equestria's about as gruesome as i can take, and i gave cupcakes a shot, didn't make it far, to say the least. I thank you for at least letting me know how dark you planned on getting.

1220748

Well, that's for the stories that are already written, not for the upcoming one. That one will not get very explicit on those things, I guess it'll more be Rainbow Factory level.

1219693

Give in to temptation! :p

1220563

Hmmm, I've never read that. I'm more of a writer than a reader when it comes to fanfics; weird, I know. I tend to read normal books when I do read ^^

1220277

She so does :p

1219753

I've thought about it, but I'm not sure... For me, the idea of having kids is somewhat counter-romantic. You lose so much in time, freedom, money, etc, and according to a lot of studies you're not even going to be the main deciding force on whether or not he/she turns out ok or not. I don't know, I don't think I'd be a very good parent.

Then again, I'm not sure if I'd ever marry either, and I still find that quite touching in stories, so...

Never know?

1219780

The lack of Trixie swag on this site is appalling, I agree.

1219787

Is this good or bad? :p

1220708

Ooo, well, in Cheerilee's Garden and Scarlet Harvest that could be a problem depending on who your favourite pony is, but in the upcoming sequel (Of Dusk and Dawn; yes, I'm making the naming scheme a "thing") that would be less problematic as they're already... you know.

1220760 If you're a fan of octyscratch, then I'm 99.9% you've read it. But if you've never read it and not much of a fan, it's still pretty good. Also, I just spoiled the ending for you, but you can still read it.

Well done, well done!l

A happy ending. I hate to say this, but I didn't know you had it in you. Thank you for proving me wrong.:scootangel:

1220848

I may have read the first chapter or something, but if I did, then I forgot how it went ^^ Anyway, I do like OctyxScratch, I just tend to prefer producing over consuming while I'm at my keyboard :p (unless I'm gaming!)

1220946

Thanks!

1221063

The best kind of tears.

Trixie is cute when she's angry, isn't she? I think she ended up in Middle Earth and had to fight her way through a pack of Xenomorphs to return. But wait … she wants to create anticipation, yet she also wants to keep her comeback under wraps? That part didn't make sense until halfway through the chapter. Also, I like that Trixie feels her calculating ways seem a little cold and underhanded even to herself. They may just be a result of how her mind works, but the fact that she feels that way is a nice, brief little example of how she's developed in this fanfic.

One of the concerns I had for the end of this story was that (warning: bringing up my favorite character again) Spike wouldn't receive much payoff for what he's been through. Rainbow Dash and Applejack had kinky sex with two other mares, but all Spike got was a relative return to normality. I might be mistaken in thinking he was hurt more than Dash and AJ, but if that's the case, then I guess that's just me being a Spike fan. But the reconciliation with Twilight was heartwarming, so I'm not complaining. Still, it wouldn't have killed Trixie to express an actual interest in getting to know him in the previous chapter. I raised an eyebrow when she didn't.

(and the same went for Trixie when it came to spiting Spike)

Thanks for tossing that afterthought in.

As far as shippings go, TwilightxTrixie isn't my favorite, but this was a terrific story, even if the clop scenes were impossible to enjoy. Loved that title drop at the end, too. This is a great fanfic, and you should feel good about it.

So i read this story since it first came out, didnt know who you were, or what your style was like.
Gotta say, im impressed, i threw up a like after the first chapter but it wasnt till that last chapter that i decided to watch you.
Im pretty damn sure im gonna love whatever you come out with next, and I wish you the best of luck, because so far as ive seen...You're definitely one of my favorite authors on here. Writing Royalty my friend, and may you never stop doing this awesome work.
:twilightsmile:

Grimdark isn't my favorite of all fan fictions. The last one I read kept me awake for three days.cdn.broni.es/images/emotes/mlp-pscared.png

I will give the story a shot because I am a very adventurous pony, and I am willing to try anything. I will look forward to it, and I can't wait to see the new updates to Of Maids and Mistresses, if you decide to make them. I will be partially waiting (I have my stories to write, other stories to read, and school). I can'y wait for what you have in stored.cdn.broni.es/images/emotes/mlp-pjoy.png

From hell, to you, and back again,
Soto Konoha

1220760 even ponies who aren't my favorite, or in some cases OC ponies (in one really terrible example, Trixie's filly) it's just the idea of that in general happening.

1220675 You wrote that?!?!?!? I couldn't remember the author's name when I read a paragraph of it (work and forgetting the name of the story) but then your name seemed familiar and I started reading this. Maybe I should finish what I started...

Dat ending. Its nice to cry some happy tears for once, I have read too many sadfics lately. *cough* Changes! *cough*

While I'm not a clip fan, this was still a beautiful story you wrote. And DAT ending... :fluttercry: Manly tears were shed.

I really hope you write that sequel, there are sooo many point left unexplored: Pinkie and Fluttershy only had minor roles, Rarity too. Celestia did not even make an appearance.
Or did she? I remember reading quite a bit of "Oh Celestia!" :twilightblush:
I wonder how long it will take till "Oh Luna!" becomes popular.

1221191

Well, she wante ponies to anticipate that -something- was going to go down, without letting them know she was involved. I do get what you're saying about Spike, but it's a bit of a two-way street there. They're both not fully ready to embrace each other fully yet, but at least Trixie trusted him with a rather monumental task. It was about on equal footing with the position of a best man, I'd say, only in this occasion there was the possibility that the first man would eat the ring ^^ (or at least its gem)

When or if I return to the series, their relationship will develop further.

And yeah, I do love my title drops ^^ Thanks for the feedback!

1221296

I have a long way to go, but after every fic I learn a little bit more, so i hope I can continue to provide you with entertainment in the future!

1221416
1221416

Thanks! And we need official Trixie emotes like that already ^^ And hey, it's always goo to try now things :>

1221428

Well, there will be a war going on... Royal guards aren't exactly fillies from loved characters, though ^^ Hey, you'll see, no story can be for everyone, after all. It's cool if you say "I'll pass!" :twilightsmile:

1221488

I did! ^^ I'm going to start using a strict naming scheme for all of my stories ("Of X and Y", basically) so it's a bit easier to keep track of them ^^

1221551

Have you ever read "The Neverending Story"? It's all about the sadness that goes with a story having to end, and what would happen if there was a book that really could never end...

1221768

It's nice to make people cry out of happiness instead of out of pure emotional trauma for once ^^

1221797

:raritycry: <- That's me when I rewatched the Royal Wedding ^^

1222108

Sorry :p

1222273

Sexy clothing can be a lot more enticing than the naked body, at least i know that's the case for me and many others when it comes to the human anatomy, but I imagine it can be projected onto ponies as well. It's not so much what it reveals, but what it accentuates and stands for. When you're naked all the time, being naked doesn't send a "sex appeal" message because it's the norm. However, when you then put on clothes that are specifically designed to be enticing, the message is more or less clear, and the whole becomes a lot more sexually charged than the normal state of being naked. Hope that made sense to you.

1222771

Perhaps, we'll see ^^

1223499

Well, I chose to tag the story with Twilight, Trixie, RD, AJ and Spike for a good reason ;) Not every story (or even FiM episode) is a full-cast ensemble, after all. In a sequel there would definitely be more focus on some of those you mentioned (particularly the princesses) though.

1223544

Thanks!

1223653

There was obviously interest in more AppleDash from the readerbase, so I wanted to provide that/leave space to explore it more if a sequel does happen. I've found that updating chapter based (rather than in 1 big update like I I before) has left more room for me to consider some points brought up in the comments, which can only be a good thing. Of course I don't always oblige (Spike didn't get any, despite requests for it, for instance) but it's a good option to have.

Also, I love saying "B E A utiful" as well ^^

great work! well done Unahim

1221768 2nd that ! thank you for the happy end Unahim!

Well, everything has to end eventually... It was a great ride! :heart:
Unfortunately, grimdark stories aren't really my taste, but I hope your next story does great! :pinkiehappy:

This was great!
really complex and simply, gracious and dirty EPIC!

The world really needs more authors like you... the ones that can actually make a happy story with a happy ending and, at the same time that it's an Innocent love story, it is spicy and twisty as it can be... I simply love it!

Be sure I'll start stalking you sir! :moustache:

1223820 You want Trixie emotes, you got them. I have them just right here. cdn.broni.es/images/emotes/mlp-trevil2.png

1220675

And you didn't think Celestia would just let Twilight quietly plan a wedding in Ponyville once she hears, did you? ;)

Personally, I think Cadence would have a proud-gasm for her sister-in-law, and likely rush out (taking Shining Armor with her) to help with the wedding plans.

Just personal opinion

You could even take the story onto a less serious note for the shenanigans leading up to the most important wedding since Princess Cadence's, as Twilight is more or less a princess already now. And everypony's going to be involved somehow.

1224888

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I think there's little doubt that Twilight could get quite an illustrious wedding, being the sister in law to one princess, having rescued the second from the evil inside of her, and being the personal student of the third. Not to mention the whole saving Equestria another two times on top of that deal.

And let's not forget that Trixie still very much wants to pull out the maid routine from time to time, if she does that while on visit in Canterlot it could be... interesting.

1225028
Yeah, I don't think Twi will get any choice about how grandiose her wedding will be.

And I think Trixie in maid-mode would actually fit in very well, provided there's a few minor... alterations to the uniform, to make it a tad less "racy" for the kiddies.

1225164

I googled that, but drew a blank?

1225191

Sounds like a good narrative conflict to me ^^

1225302
Yeay! I'm giving another author good ideas! :yay:whoo-hoo!

So you'll write more terrifying, brutal, shocking violence?
Oh yes.

Very nicely done. The story I got was definitely not the story I thought I was getting, and even though it got a bit nuts in the middle, it all pulled together in the end. Hell, the proposal made me tear up.

1225769

Good song, though only my fourth favorite on that album.

1226863

Thanks! The "pointe" is because my d key is a bit broken, it only works half of the time at the moment, hehe ^^ Still, good catch.

1227604

I get what you're saying, but as Trixie's been stuck in several roles for the entire series, I wanted the proposal to be all hers, without any maid manners or showmare antics to hide behind. A bit of symbolism, if you will ^^

Absolutely beautiful. I've enjoyed this ride the whole way. Thank you for the experience.

Fucking beautiful. I honestly like when a story hits you right in the feels but can never get it myself. Anyway I think a new story would be nice despite genre and because of this ending I am now watching you.

1225769
Such a fitting song.

Login or register to comment