• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,985 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,985

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 79- Liquid Gold

"The Running of the leaves have taken place, Princess Celestia's days are getting shorter and Rainbow Dash having a teary goodbye to Tank when he went into his hibernation are all the signs that Autumn is here in Equestria," Starlight observed as she, as well as the rest of the R.U.G. walked along a winding country path towards their destination on today's show.

“However, with earth ponies and those who own their own farm, the signs of Autumn mean something different,” Sunset continued, “It’s the start of harvest season. Although different crops will be ready at different times of the season, you can’t deny how hard our fellow earth ponies work to keep the land fertile and bountiful to feed the many hungry mouths across this land we call Equestria.”

“Which is why we are heading towards Sweet Apple Acres today for a demonstration of one of the farm’s most busiest times of the year, and maybe lend a helping hoof,” Trixie licked her lips in anticipation of what they’ve got planned for the program.

“Apart from Zap Apple Jam Season, Cider Season is also their most productive time of the year. Thousands of ponies from Ponyville and neighbouring villages camp out early to get a taste of the Apple Families’ renowned apple cider,” Tempest explained as they made their way past the main archway towards the barn, “They do things to good old way, because they believe that if you do things the right way, your work will speak for itself.”

“And speaking of the Apple Family, here’s Applejack to give a demonstration on how they make the best-tasting cider,” Starlight pointed to the farmpony, who tipped her hat as they trotted towards her.

“Well howdy y’all. Glad y’all are here to show you the right way of making cider,” Applejack winked and welcomed them into the barn, “Today, Ah’m gonna show you how we make the good strong stuff! That’s hard cider for y’all to understand and it ain’t something you want to give to foals.”

“Can’t wait to get started Applejack,” Sunset smiled, “Lead the way and we are willing to give whatever helping hoof.”

“That’s the spirit,” Applejack grinned, “Now let’s stop dilly-dawdling and let’s make ourselves some cider!” The group clapped their hooves together as Applejack lead them away.

“Starlight, you’re in quality control. You’re job is to make sure no bruised or nasty apples don’t get into our final product,” Applejack pointed to the baskets of freshly apple-bucked apples. Starlight gave a mock salute and took position, immediately sorting the good apples from the bad ones. Once she had done a decent amount to be moved onto the next stage, Applejack gave the signal to Tempest and Trixie.

“You two are on the treadmill. Usually Big Mac is in charge as he has double the horsepower than the rest of the family. You two will be the horsepower we need to get that grinder turnin’ and get those apples mushin’,” Applejack handed them a pair of running goggles, who took them and jumped onto the treadmill. Fastening their goggles, they first ran at a regular space to get the grinding wheel turning. When they got into a comfortable rhythm of running, they picked up the pace, the grinder beside them turning more rapidly.

“Sunset, you’ll be in charge of filling up the barrels, we need as many as we can in order to satisfy our customers, and every bit counts towards runnin’ a family farm and business yah know?” Sunset nodded and quickly took position in front of the tap and started filling once there was a trickle of cider coming out. Soon, everypony had found their rhythm and were stuck into helping the Apple Family’s business.

“So whilst we are working, why don’t you tell us what cider season means to you, Applejack?” Starlight asked while inspecting the apples. Applejack gave a warm smile.

“Cider Season is our final chance of makin’ as much bits as we can to keep us afloat. We are just getting by, but funning any farm is no mean feat. Our business was almost in risk of ruin when Flim and Flam came in with their machine thingy-ma-jig,” Applejack gave a stern frown at the memory.

“So I heard from Twilight,” Starlight chuckled, “And I don’t think they have learned their lessons from other attempts to make a quick profit.”

“Right back at yah,” Applejack winked, “Nothing says a good job well done than hard, honest work.” The group were almost done with the baskets of apples, and a considerable amount of cider was made. Eventually they finished, looking exhausted but pleased with their work.

“Good job y’all,” Applejack clapped her hooves at the R.U.G. ,”Now as a reward for your effort, why don’t Ah let you sample the cider.” The group got up and nodded eagerly at the idea. Applejack giggled and walked over to a barrel and poured some fresh cider into five mugs. The group gave a toast for their hard work and drank greedily into the foamy goodness. After a long sip, they all breathed a sigh of contentment.

“Now that was truly worth all the effort,” Starlight smiled dreamily, “I can see why the Apple Family does things this way, AJ. It’s made with love!”

“Thank you, kindly,” Applejack tipped her hat in gratitude.

“Well, we are going to finish up our mugs of liquid gold, but from Sweet Apple Acres, that’s all we have time for today. Hope to see you all again soon!” Sunset finished today’s show off.

PreviousChapters Next