• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,968 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,968

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 76- Beneath The Waves

"We are doing something special today, thanks in part to one of our students from the School of Friendship," Starlight introduced every creature to today’s show, “Twilight and her friends have been sea ponies when visiting Seaquestria on their mission to save Equestria From The Storm King, Twilight twice when visiting Mount Aris on a friendship mission with the Cutie Mark Crusaders,”

“However,” Tempest continued on, “We want our go to see what’s it like to breath and swim underwater.”

“So we invited a student from the School of Friendship to show us what’s it like to be underwater,” Sunset paused to allow Trixie to finish.

“So please welcome Silverstream to our show!” Trixie and the others clapped their hooves together to welcome the hippogriff.

“It’s great to be here,” Silverstream clapped her claws together as well, “And I’m super excited to show you all what’s it like to swim and breath underwater as well!”

“So, for those creatures who don’t know how it works, why don’t you tell our fellow listeners how it works,” Starlight suggested. Silverstream nodded before continuing.

“To put it simple so I don’t sound like Twilight when she’s in full magical lecture mode, the pearl piece works by drawing in magic from the water, either near on under the water, and converts it into something beneficial for creatures that cannot breathe underwater. As I said, I’m not like Twilight, but it’s the best I can explain it. Queen Novo made it as a way for us to flee and live underwater, away from the Storm King’s wrath,” Silverstream explained in the best details that she can.

“We are outside today, specifically Saddle Lake outside Ponyville to let her demonstrate this ability. Silverstream, why don’t you jump right in and we will swim after you,” Starlight suggested.

“Right away, Counsellor Starlight,” Silverstream nodded eagerly. She flew out across the lake, transformed under a bright glow of magic and jumped right in with her seapony form.

“In case you’re wondering,” Sunset comforted their listeners, “Twilight casted a magical waterproofing spell, keeping our microphones safe so you don’t miss out on any of the action.”

“Alright, I think Silverstream’s ready,” Starlight looked far out across the lake to Silverstream, who was waving her fin in the air, calling them to join her. The others nodded and went into the lake. They paddled their way across the lake to join her.

“So what do we do you get to be seaponies?” Trixie bobbed in the water.

“Hold onto me so the magic can flow through to you like a electric current,” Silverstream chuckled. The others nodded and held each other in a circle. Silverstream activated her magic, surrounding them in a shimmering glow of magic.

They felt their hindlegs merge to become tail fins, each with a different shape and size. they grew dorsal fins with their cutie marks on them. They coats were replaced with shining scales that reflected in the water. After the transformation was complete, they dove underwater.
“Trixie can get used to this!” Trixie admired herself, once again speaking in the third person.

“What was it like when you first swam underwater?” Tempest interviewed Silverstream.

“It was something else to begin with, that’s for sure,” Silverstream chuckled, “Queen Novo was adamant this was the only way to survive.”

“Survive by hiding?” Sunset asked in confusion.

“We are on limited options, and she was out Queen,” Silverstream shrugged, “We were too focused on our own safety that we forgotten to care for those as well. Like how the ocean was separate from the land, we were separated from them as well. Twilight and her friends showed us that in order to live together, we need to look out for every creature as well.”

“So, let’s get swimming,” Starlight smiled, “What do you want to show us?”

“Ever wanted to leap out of the water like a dolphin?” Silverstream asked. The others had wide smiles on their faces.

“Come on,” Trixie begged, “Show us how it’s done!”

“It’s easy,” Silverstream chuckled, “It’s all about momentum. First, you go down a good distance, then you charge upwards. You break the surface of the water in the right angle, arch your back and so you can dive back into the water safely without bellyflopping or any winded effects.” They nodded in understanding.

“Care to give us a demonstration?” Tempest suggested. Silverstream nodded and positioned them to get to see what she was going to do.

“She then got a good distance at the bottom of the lake before she began chagrining upwards, her momentum constant and smooth. She breached the surface, leaping high into the air, arched her back to position herself and dove right back into the water. The R.U.G. clapped together in applause before going down and facing upwards. Silverstream counted them down.

“Three, two, one, go!” Silverstream gave the signal, causing them all the charge upwards. They breached the surface, causing the make noises of laughter before diving back right beneath the waves.

“That was amazing!” Sunset giggled in joy.

“And that is all we have time for today on the R.U.G. every creature! Hope you enjoyed listening to us. We will be back, but right after we do some more swimming. Thank you to Silverstream to showing us how to swim underwater and to leap out of the water,” Starlight concluded the show for today.

PreviousChapters Next