• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,981 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,981

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 60- Light Up The Sky

"We are out in the open today so that Tempest can really put on a show," Starlight introduced today's plans to their listeners, "At the Festival of Friendship, Tempest put on an amazing firework display during Songbird Serenade's performance. So, we wanted to see what Tempest can do."

"This would certainly go well with my street performances," Trixie mused.

"Of course it would," Tempest said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes. Sunset and Starlight snickered at that, much to the Great and Powerful Trixie's annoyance.

"How do you do it?" Sunset turned to Tempest in question.

"Just like a normal firework really," Tempest simply answered, "It's all about the build up of magic and release. I can control which way the sparks go, turning the angle each time and with a different colour as well."

"So, now with the explanation out of the way, care to give us an example?" Starlight asked eagerly. The others nodded with equal excitement. Tempest smiled, took position and charged her magic for her sparking broken horn."

"Whenever your ready," Starlight gave the signal.

"And release," Trixie commanded.

Tempest fired a spark of blue up into the sky, it exploded with passion, before darting across to a different part of the sky, changing colour to a deep purple. The colours switched from greens, to blues, to reds and to yellows. The others were captivated in the moment.

"Amazing!" Sunset stared at the sky in awe.

"Spectacular!" Trixie gave a flourish in appreication.

"Impressive!" Starlight complimented. Then her eyes lit up, moving to stand next to Starlight, she lit up her own horn and a spiralling mass of magic rocketed up into the sky. It joined Tempest's own fireworks, dancing in-between each explosion. The others stared in even more awe than before.

Soon Sunset decided to join. Lighting up her horn, producing a red aura, she released it. It was more reserved, complimenting the more explosive ones of Starlight and Tempest. It jumped through the sky, twisting and twiriling through the air. Trixie just sat behind them with a huff and a pout.

"Why can't I join in with all the impressive magic stuff?" She muttered to herself, before her eyes lit up. She went into her cart, which they used to get to an open space in the first place, and got out some cardboard boxes. The others, whilst they were focusing on their magic and fireworks, turned to her in curiosity.

"Trixie, what is in those boxes?" Starlight asked in caution, before her eyes lit up in horror. The others stared in confusion.

"Don't tell me those are-"

"My untested fireworks that I give to Pinkie Pie for her so-called Ones-versary for Princess Celestia. She said something about it for some reason!" Trixie smiled with a manic look on her face. The others soon face a face of what was about to happen. Trixie's own horn soon lit up, igniting the fireworks from inside the boxes. They stopped with their own magic and ducked for cover. Immediately, the boxes burst open, and the group were immediately assaulted by random flying fireworks. Trixie looked around in panic to see her friends using magical barriers to protect themselves, Tempest using Sunset's for cover.

Eventually the fireworks exploded, leaving the group covered in soot and their manes singed. They glared at Trixie with annoyed faces. The mare at the focus of their glares only gave a sheepish chuckle.

"Hehe...Oops," Was all Trixie could muster up to say.

"Anyway," Starlight tried to salvage the situation, turning to Tempest, "Have you put those skills into good use?"

"During my travels, telling creatures of the Storm King's defeat, I used it as part of celebrations for them. I even gave one to Mount Aris when I helped restore Mount Aris to its former glory."

"Well, due to some technical difficulties," Starlight glared at Trixie again, who, again, gave another sheepish giggle, "That is all we have time for. Big thank you to Tempest to showing us her skills and for letting us join in."

"We seem to have attracted a crowd," Sunset interrupted. The others turned to see the residents of Ponyville outside with them.

"Not surprising, since we put on quite a show for them, both for the show and for the audience here," Trixie thought out loud.

"Well, that's all we've got time for. Thank you for joining us today and we will see you all again soon!" Sunset rounded off.

PreviousChapters Next