• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,982 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,982

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 94- Let The Games Begin Pt.1

"Coming to you live from Manehattan, it's the Equestria Games!" Starlight welcomed their listeners from their booth in the stadium, “That is right every creature, the time has finally come! After a long wait from the last Equestria Games from the Crystal Empire, we are here amongst the hustle and bustle of the big city to bring to you full coverage of the opening ceremony of the games!”

“It will be a game like no other,” Sunset continued where Starlight left off, “It will be a special games, not only for signifying the friendship between ponies, but from other races too! Every kingdom is welcomed into the stadium with athletes far and wide.”

“We will be teaming up with Good Morning Equestria to bring you full action of the different games, but right now, we are focusing our attention to the opening ceremony,” Tempest said.

“The opening ceremony will begin with the usual countdown to the games, plus performances representing what Manehattan wants Equestria and beyond to remember them by. That is followed by the opening speech from Princess Celestia herself, then the flag procession. Finally, it will finish with the famous touch lighting,” Trixie informed for their listeners. It was then that the lights began to fade and dancers entered the stadium. The stadium floor lit up, beginning to countdown the games from thirty.

The crowd counted down as the numbers slowly went down by the second. The cheering increased as the last ten seconds ticked away. Finally, they hit zero, fireworks lighting up the whole area.

“And there we go, every creature!” Tempest announced, “The wait is no longer needed as the games are well and truly underway!” the stadium went dark before lights showing the busy city lit up.

“Now we have come to the performance piece. This is the chance for the city to showcase to Equestria and the various kingdoms as to what makes their city stand out. We begin with a performance of the hustle and bustle of the city,” Trixie went from there.

Taxi carts began to be pulled into centre stage as performers dressed in Manehattan city clothes went with their lives, selling, purchasing and running to the next taxi or train. The stage floor opened up, towers rising from the stage. Acrobats and pegasi jumped and flew from building to building, displaying the chaos of the big city. The stage was one living, breathing miniature version of Manehattan now, everypony doing something, with no pony staying in one place. Then it stopped, and the stage orchestra began to play.

“Now we are coming to the culture of Manehattan. Apart from the hustle and bustle that Manehattan is known for, it has a popular music and arts scene. If you wanted to go big, Manehattan was the place to go,” Starlight described what was happening down below, “Why do you think Rarity wanted a boutique in Manehattan, or Countess Coloratura went to pursue music there? This was the place to go to make yourself heard.”

The scene of the stage changed, fashion designers and models began to walk out. It became less of the city and more of a fashion show now. Row upon row of models walked out, posing as actors in journalist get-ups flashed cameras at them, waving notebooks to pretend to want an interview. A carnival procession happened in the background, representing the music scene in Manehattan. The colour was bright and bold, immediately eye-catching to the audience and commentators. Eventually, the scene died down, models walking off the stage and the carnival dancing their way out. The stage gradually went dark, and the showpiece was finished. The crowd let out a roar in applause.

“Now that was a truly amazing opening ceremony,” Sunset admired from their booth, “And now, we turn our attention to the royal observers box where Princess Celestia will give her speech, announcing the games to start.” A spotlight appeared at the royal box as Sunset said, illuminating the Solar Princess, with her sister standing back. They wore dresses to compliment their roles of the day and night and had smiles as their looked out onto the crowd.

“Fellow citizens and Equestria and beyond,” Celestia began, “Welcome to another year of games and friendship, for this games isn’t just about friendship with other ponies now. This game goes further as we offer a hoof in friendship to every creature participating in the games.” The crowd let out a cheer in appreciation.

“so let us embrace these games with sportsmanship as well as true friendship. Let us celebrate each other’s victories and support those in loss. May we make memories here that we will never forget, and cherish these moments together. So without further ado, let the Equestria Games begin!” a roar of applause and whistles went out amongst the stadium crowd. Celestia stepped back to let Luna continue.

“They have travelled near and far to be with us at the Games. So please put or claws, hooves and talons together for the Equestria Games athletes!” the stage immediately it up, with directors ready to position the athletes when they arrive.

“And now we have come to the flag procession,” Starlight told their listeners. They watched together, announcing each kingdom and state that entered, describing their flag bearer, which athletes to look out for, and the kingdom’s history at the games. For each kingdom, a representative stood up from the VIP and royal booth, waving at the crowd. The R.U.G. gave an extra cheer themselves as they watched the Ponyville flag and team enter the stage, the Cutie Mark Crusaders chosen again to wave the flag.

“And now we have Ponyville,” Starlight smiled as she watched the flag and team paraded around the stadium, “The CMC doing their town well there, waving the flag with pride. The relay is definitely the sport and team to look our for, with Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Bulk Biceps hoping to add another medal to the games.”

“Now with every team settled in, it’s time for the final part of the opening ceremony,” Tempest said, “It’s the famous lighting up of the Equestria Games Flame. It has been on a relay around the city, from the famous station bridge to the Statue of Libmarety, but will now settle here in this impressive cauldron, designed by Sapphire Shores herself.” A spotlight shone down as a runner carrying the flame ran into the arena. Cheers grew and grew as it made its way to the cauldron at the end of the stadium. The runner went of the steps and looked out amongst the crowd, holding the torch triumphantly. The runner then turned and put the flame into a sparkling cauldron, adorned in jewels and patterns.

The cauldron burst into life, the flame widening and filling up the whole depth. The crowd burst out into applause, the royals clapping quickly as well.

“Welcome to the Equestria Games! Stay tuned for sports and action that is to come, both here on the R.U.G. and Good Morning Equestria,” Trixie concluded, “Have a great day and enjoy the games wherever you are!”

Author's Note:

This will be a crossover between this fanfic and Good Morning Equestria as both will cover the Equestria Games, like how different channels over different sports. Hope you will enjoy watching the Olympics and good luck to every country competing ^^

PreviousChapters Next