• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,996 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,996

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 53- Honest Work

"We are joined today by another worker of some ponies who have now found an good way of living thanks to friendship," Tempest introduced every creature.

"So, please welcome Silver Shill to our show!" Starlight welcome the stallion, which the other ponies in the room clapped their hooves together.

"Thank you for the invitation, though Applejack wanted me to tell my story and lesson," Silver Shill rubbed the back os his head with a hoof.

"So tell us," Trixie started off, "Who were you working for?"

"Flim and Flam," Silver Shill sighed, "Those slippery sales-ponies tricked Ponyville into using their so-called miracle curative tonic. I was their con-pony, being an injured pony. One sip and I was walking around just fine. I told Applejack one day in disguise that I was initially reluctant to help the brothers deceive ponies, but they convinced me that honesty isn't always the best policy."

"That certainly tested Applejack's Element, being the honest one and all," Trixie mused, which the others nodded.

"Which is why I managed to get Applejack on their side for a while. She was torn to see other ponies happy and telling them the truth that it was their confidence that made the potion seem like it is," Silver Shill continued.

"So what changed?" Sunset asked.

"Applejack's grandmare was about to perform this dangerous diving stunt, as she had memories of diving in her youth. After saving her, Applejack realised that believing in something may be good, but if that belief was based on a lie itself, it will ultimately lead you to do something you might regret. This made me realise that what I was doing was wrong and I exposed the truth about the tonic," Silver said with more confidence.

"I'm pleased you learned from your mistakes," Starlight, "Hope you learnt your lesson and found a new way of honest work."

"I have," Silver Shill nodded with a smile, "I started my work anew, this time delivering true honest products. Applejack showed me what the best kind of work is, and I plan to learn from it the best way I can."

"Honest Work?" Trixie chuckled, "Try working on a rock farm and you will know honest work." Starlight rolled her eyes at Trixie's backstory jab.

"How much did you get paid for?" Starlight wondered.

"Enough to by a certain magical artefact," Trixie chuckled wryly, causing Silver Shill to give her a confused look.

"It took me a lot of honest work to get things sorted at CHS," Sunset mused, "After seeing what I have become and to others, I had a hard time regaining people's trust and make new friendships. I helped someone get back who was lost and made up to those who made me see how awful I was in the past."

"Guess we all had a lot of work to do in making up for our mistakes," Tempest gave a smile, "And we're lucky to have friends who were willing to give us a chance."

"Applejack helped me to point the right way of working and making a living, and I am sure that there are other ponies and creatures that may need some of that help as well," Silver Shill reflected back.

"That's the reason for opening the School of Friendship really," Starlight explained, "Though that took a lot of work to keep the whole thing running really. Getting it approved was a hassle to start off with."

"After seeing it myself, I can see why," Sunset answered, "Well, thank you for coming onto our show Silver Shill, and that's all we have time for today creatures far and wide. Be sure to tune in next time for more talks, but is goodbye for now."

PreviousChapters Next