• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,982 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,982

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 105- Part Of The Event Pt.12

“So many of you fellow listeners wanted us to be part of the action of the Equestria Games, and we are up to the challenge of trying some of the sports that our athletes are participating,” Sunset tried to keep calm, but her voice was trembling, “We have agreed together to take part in the diving, specifically the ten metre event.” All the members of the R.U.G. were at the top of a very high diving board, and all of them were feeling very nervous

“Here with us today to show us how to dive safely is a member of Good Morning Equestria,” Tempest said with equal trepidation for what they were about to do, “Please welcome to the show, Silverstream.” The hippogriff student at the School of Friendship waved her claw enthusiastically.

“So excited you ponies are entering the water,” Silverstream smiled, “Well, technically you ponies are diving in, but this will be fun right?” The unicorns gave strained smiles at that.

“If you say so,” Starlight gave her signature nervous laugh, “So tell us, what does it take to do the perfect, simple and safe dive?”

“You are all going to do a simple pike jump into the pool down below,” Silverstream explained simple, “Just jump and compact your body in. Don’t clench too tight as tight muscles and cold water don’t mix that well. Just jump and don’t think twice. Just stay upright and don’t learn too far forwards or back, otherwise, well you know what they say, gravity can be a painful thing.” The unicorns winced and nodded in understanding.

“Alright, does anypony have any questions?” Silverstream asked. Sunset put her hoof up.

“Can we say no to this?”

“Well, you could, but you wouldn’t want your fellow listeners hear you fail on the radio now, do you?” Silverstream cleverly countered. This only caused Sunset to tremble slightly and nodded in defeat. Hopefully things will go smoothly with the diving tutorial. Starlight lit up her horn and made sure that the microphones were waterproof.

Tempest was the first to take the plunge. She looked down and instantly felt dizzy.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” Silverstream tutted, “If you’re going to eat the jellyfish, might as well eat it now.”

“You’re enjoying this a bit too much, Silverstream,” Starlight observed with a raised eyebrow.

“I’m just happy that I’m the teacher this time,” Silverstream giggled, which caused Starlight to roll her eyes.

Tempest gulped and stood on her hindlegs. She clenched and leapt forward. The others ran to edge, just to watch in time as Tempest jumped successfully to the swimming pool below. They cheered as Tempest resurfaced with a gasp for air and waved to her co-hosts above that she was fine. The others breathed a sigh of relief.

“Alright Sunset,” She told herself as she took her place at the edge of the board, “You’ve encountered evil Equestrian magic running around, bad creatures from Equestria too. This is just a simple dive. I just need to take the right hoof forward.”

“You can do this,” Silverstream encouraged, “Just take the plunge.” Sunset nodded, held her breath and jumped. The others watched as she descended and hit the water with a splash. Sunset emerged from the surface with a tremendous smile.

“That was amazing!” Sunset waved her hooves whilst trying to stay afloat, “I want to do it all over again!”

“See?!” Silverstream called from the diving board, “That wasn’t too hard was it? Sometimes you just need a good friend to reassure you that nothing bad will happen!”

“You gave a friendship lesson didn’t you?” Starlight sighed and shook her head.

“The student has become the teacher!” Silverstream punched the air triumphantly. Starlight giggled and went up to the board next. Looking down and quickly looked straight ahead to not feel dizzy, she stood on her hindlegs and jumped forward. She let gravity do the work as she felt the water break her fall and sawm up. Wiping her mane from her eyes, she looked up to Trixie, who was waving for her to join them down below. Starlight then joined the others, on the edge of the pool, receiving a towel in Sunset’s magic.

“This is going to be good,” Sunset chuckled, “I know where this is going.”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie now takes the dive!” Trixie said as she took off her cape and hat. She took to the edge and jumped before Silverstream could tell her what was she was doing.

“She went too far forward, didn’t she,” Starlight observed.

“This is going to be painful to watch and hear,” Tempest nodded as Trixie fell towards the water. There was the sound of coat and body hitting the water forward as Trixie landed a bellyflop hard on the surface. The R.U.G. down below and Silverstream from on top of the board winced and cringed at the sound of the impact.

Trixie disappeared, before resurfacing with her face down in the water. Starlight ran to the edge of the water.

“Trixie?!” Starlight said in panic, “Are you alright? Say something!” All she got was a bubbling moan and a hoof raised in Starlight’s direction. Silverstream flew down and landed beside the R.U.G.

“She went too far forward, and the distance from the board was a little risky,” Silverstream sighed, “She’ll live, though she will definitely feel that in the morning.”

“I think it’s best if we leave it there for today then,” Tempest tsked, “Thank you Silverstream for the demonstration, and we learned something new today. Hope you enjoyed our attempts of diving, or jumping, from a ten metre board and we will be back soon for the last few days of coverage from the Equestria Games!”

PreviousChapters Next