• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,968 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,968

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 82- All Fun And Games

“Welcome every pony for our new edition of game week,” Sunset welcomed every creature back to the show, “And we are going to play a game from Starlight’s foalhood, but bigger. To explain what it is, why don’t we allow Starlight to explain the game herself? Over to you Starlight.”

“Thank you, Sunset,” Starlight thanked before continuing, “This is a game that me and Sunburst used to place when we were foals, when we weren’t studying and practising our magic. It’s called Dragon Pit.”

“And what are the rules of the game?” Tempest asked.

“It’s quite simple really,” Starlight started to explain, “The rule is to simply be able to move your dragon around the board safely. However, there are some sections that will trigger the volcano in the centre to blow, and one of you will get trapped. You will be out of the game the next time we roll the dice.” The others nodded in understanding.

“As we said,” Trixie continued, “We are going to play Dragon Pit slightly different than usual. Aren’t we, Starlight?” Started nodded before she explained how it was different to last time.

“When Sunburst came to Ponyville and started to become more close to Maud, Twilight and Trixie, I was starting to feel like we weren’t that close at all. I was so separate, I used a spell to turn me and Sunburst back into foals, thinking that it was better for us to remember the old days to bring us closer together,” Starlight said with a sad tone, “However, Sunburst wasn’t too happy about it. After spending some time with mu other friends, I surprised me with a bigger version of our foalhood game, where we wore costumes and played it ourselves rather than the game pieces.”

“Which is what we are going to do now!” Trixie clapped her hooves in excitement, “We have kindly asked Applejack to build us a large-scale replica of the boardgame, and it’s amazing what she can do with some wood, paint, saw, nails and hammer.” They admired Applejack’s hard work to create the board.

“She even made trapdoors, so we don’t have to create a hole with our magic, which is good as we have to pay for damage to the studio,” Sunset chuckled.

“The special effects of the volcano are provided by me, The Great and Powerful Trixie!” Trixie bowed.

“And Maud made the dice, using some light rock she we can roll it easily without magic,” Starlight pointed to the large rock dice.

“She let’s put on our costumes and play!” Sunset began and everypony put on a costume. Tempest hesitated, not sure if it was her sort of thing, but decided to just play along. At least she was looking a bit ridiculous alongside her friends. They started at their corner of the board and Starlight rolled the dice first to start the game. The dice landed on a five, which she took five steps forward on each stepping platform. So far, so good.

Tempest was next, rolling a four and took the right number of steps forward. Trixie wasn’t so lucky, rolling a one. Grumbling, she took one step forward. Sunset got a comfortable three and stepped forward on three steps. The round went back to Starlight and she rolled a four this time. however, upon taking the four step, there was a click as a trigger beneath the board was pulled.
“Uh-oh,” Starlight teased, “Looks like somepony’s dragon is going down the pit.” Then the volcano began to spark, provided by Trixie’s special effects. With a loud ‘pop’, a boulder rolled down the volcano and started to roll it’s way towards Trixie. Trixie gasped as the boulder touch her, and the floor gave way. Luckily, it wasn’t a hard landing, as Trixie landed on a soft cushion that broke her fall.

“And it’s Trixie who is the first to lose this round,” Sunset chuckled, before looking down the hole in the board, “You okay Trixie?”

“All things considering, Trixie’s okay,” Came her voice from the hole.

“I’m afraid you won’t roll the dice the next round,” Starlight called to her, “You can crawl yourself out while we continue with the game.” The others took their turn with rolling the dice, Starlight rolling a two, Tempest with a five and Sunset with a strong six. Trixie re-joined the next round. It continued in this pattern until Tempest was the next pony to trigger the volcano to erupt. A boulder came out again, this time heading towards Sunset. Sunset released a short yelp as the step gave way and she crashed to the floor. The others chuckled, clearly enjoying where this was going.

They continued on, rolling the dice, taking a step and hoping that they didn’t trigger the volcano to erupt. Unfortunately, Tempest lost three rounds, Sunset with four, Starlight was lucky with only two and Trixie was the unlucky one with five. Ultimately, it was Tempest who managed to navigate the game safely and made it back to her corner.

“And Tempest is the winner of Live Dragon Pit!” Starlight and the others clapped their hooves together to congratulate the unicorn. Tempest just smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head with a hoof.

“I don’t consider myself lucky, but this was fun to play,” Tempest chuckled.

“Maybe we can invite some of our other friends to play when we or they are free?” Sunset suggested which the others nodded with enthusiasm.

“However, that is all we have time for in the studio today,” Starlight finished off today’s show, “That is we have time for today. Thank you to Applejack again for making this pony-sized board and Maud for the dice. We will be back again soon for more fun and talks.” They took of their costumes and Starlight finished by pressing the air button off for the day.

PreviousChapters Next