• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,969 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,969

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 37- One True Treasure

"Creatures, please welcome to the show, Doctor Caballeron!" Trixie introduced him to the show, with the other ponies in the room clapping their hooves together.

"I must say, I am most certainly surprised to receive an invitation to the show," Caballeron explained, "But I was more than happy to tell my story and explain where my life is heading now."

"You were a tomb and temple raider in the past, were you?" Sunset explained, "Rainbow Dash always raves about your books when we're on break."

"That was true, yes," Caballeron, "I was more a raider than a securer, like Daring Do. I was looking for only my gain, not thinking about the consequences. Me and Daring were temple rivals, wanting to secure ancient artefacts, but with entirely different ideas and desires."

"When did Rainbow and her friends come into this?" Tempest asked.

"It was when I was working for Ahuizotl to secure the Ring of Destiny. I wanted to sell the ring to Ahuizotl to make a fortune, and then have a glorious retirement. However, I hear that Daring and her new friends defeated us, bringing down the temple all together and stopping Ahuizotl from using a full set of them for his own desires. I was just after some nice bits back then," Caballeron huffed.

"What happened next?" Trixie encouraged him on.

"I encountered Daring Do and he partner again at her own convention in Manehattan, along with her fellow fan Rainbow Dash. Though being painted as a baddie, I wasn't too keen on being surrounded by fans of my rival at the time, Daring had another artefact with her, and I used Rainbow to lead to us the temple to hunt it down and urge Daring to help her. However they slipped though my hooves once again, with Daring managing to secure the artefact of the temple and us being pursued by the temple's guardian alligator," Caballeron told is next story with the usual displeasure. Starlight chuckled at his mishap.

"You ever encountered crocodiles and alligators?" Caballeron glared at Starlight.

"I encountered a few on a roadtrip with a good friend. Not so fun when you're on your own," She gave a small wink at Trixie, who chuckled at that.

"When did you meet again?" Sunset encouraged Caballeron to continue, ignoring her friends antics in the background.

"I decided to ruin Daring's reputation once and for all, southern village of Somnambula to take away the village's precious stone necklaces. I managed to capture Rainbow Dash to the temple were the Pillar Somnambula began, but she and another of her friends saved her. They thwart my plans, with Daring promising to keep on protecting artefacts with the right actions, consequences and hopes," Caballeron continued on.

"And Rainbow doesn't want to be called an egghead," Trixie whispered to Sunset's ear, which caused her to chuckle.

"So what changed to lead you to become an author and partnership with Daring Do?" Starlight asked.

"I took on a secret author's name Groom Q. Q. Martingale, with the intent of with the idea of publicly airing Daring Do's mistakes and secrets and telling my side of his story. Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash's friend, sympathised with me, so I manipulated her into joining my team's quest for the Truth Talisman of Tonatiuh. However, I came to appreciate her help with different animals and obstacles on the way," Caballeron continued.

"Fluttershy again," Trixie muttered.

"Fluttershy helped Ahuizotl with listening to his side of the story as well and we we made up over our past rivalry, with the promise to stop taking artefacts from the jungle basin again. I began a partnership with Daring, with my henchponies pursuing their own dreams. I hear one wanting to be a performer," Caballeron pondered.

"Well you seem to have quite the journey," Tempest rounded up, "Learning that the one true treasure was understanding and friendship. More important than any riches. Gilda would agree too." The others nodded in agreement.

"That concludes today's show. Be sure to tune in next time, creatures," Sunset finished for the day.

PreviousChapters Next