• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 5,007 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 5,007

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 102- Leap Of Fate Pt.9

“Hello every creature far and wide as we continue our coverage of the Equestria Games as they happen, coming to you live from Manehattan and with partnership with the Good Morning Equestria team as well,” Sunset welcomed every creature back to the Games, “And joining me from the other show is nonother than fellow griffon Gabby!”

“Hello every creature!” Gabby welcomed excitedly, “We are in the main arena today to watch the triple jump part of the athletics! With many competing to win the gold, this is going to be an exciting game to watch!”

“The rules are simple,” Sunset explained, “Each will take a run-up and for the jump to qualify, their hoof, talon or claw must be within the marker before jumping into the sand. A white flag will mean that the jump is approved, or a red flag meaning that the jump is not. The jumps’ length will be added all together to give a final score, so the further the better and they must qualify as legitimate jumps from the judges.”

“Each athlete will have five attempts to score for their jumps,” Gabby continued, “creatures with wings or magic are prohibited from using them and use of these to gain an advantage will mean immediate disqualification,” Gabby then paused at that, “I sounded really professional at that. Ms. Harshwhinny will be so proud!”

“There will be five athletes hoping to go for gold, so let’s see who will be hoping to snatch a medal at the triple jump,” Sunset said as she levitated a scroll over to her and unrolled it in her magic.

1. Griffonstone
2. Mount Aris
3. Chicoltgo
4. Trottingham
5. Dragonlands

“This is the debut of Griffonstone, Mount Aris and the Dragonlands as they all are hoping to claim a medal for their kingdom,” Gabby looked down the list, “No doubt I’ll eb rooting for Griffonstone all the way, but also hoping every athlete does their best.”

“I think the event is starting up now,” Sunset looked down across the arena, “So let’s turn now to the triple jump track as Griffonstone take their position behind the line. And at the sound of the whistle, he’s off!”

“He takes a good stride in his step, remembering to be behind the marker into order for this jump to qualify and leaps into the sandpit,” Gabby watched her home kingdom, “And it’s a great start of 15.67 metres! The white flag has gone up, and he has secured the first leap!”

“Onto Mount Aris now as the hippogriff takes his position on the line,” Sunset commentated next, “The whistle blows and he takes a strong leap as fast as his claws can carry him. He takes the jump and lands, though I don’t think it’s not quite enough. The white flag has gone up and he managed to do14.86 metres.”

“Chicoltgo is up next,” Gabby said, “He takes the runup and his hoof seems to be too close over the marker! He manages to land in the sandpit, and the red flag has gone up! The jump won’t count I’m afraid. He must really be beating himself up for that and hoping to improve on the second jump.”

“Right, Trottingham is up next as he takes his place behind the line. He takes a strong spring in his hooves and manages to leap just behind the marker, he lands at a comfortable 15.47 metres, but he will be hoping to do better,” Sunset watched down below.

“Finally to complete to round is the debut of the Dragonlands,” Gabby watched with rapt attention, “He takes the runup well, manages to put his claw behind the line and takes a solid leap! He smashed! 16.34 metres! What a strong start!”

The second round continued with only Griffonstone’s jump failing to qualify, but manged to make it over the sixteen metre mark with the fourth jump. The others were the same, with some jumps unable to be legitimate and many red flags were raised. The crowd cheered each time a jump was successfully counted, Sunset and Gabby clapping along with their talons. The scores, with the Dragonlands waiting for their fifth jump, was:

Griffonstone: 15.67, 0,14.74, 16.07, 15.87 total: 62.35
Mount Aris: 14.86, 15.53, 15.87, 0, 15.68 total: 61.94
Chicoltgo: 0, 15.43, 15.69, 16.29, 15.87 total: 63.28
Trottingham: 15.47, 15.65, 0, 14.79, 15.27 total: 61.18
Dragonlands 16.34, 0, 15.43, 15.78

“And this is the final jump for the Dragonlands,” Sunset announed, “We wish them the best of luck and hope that they get their first medal of the games. He takes his final runup towards the sandpit, successfully leaps on the marker and lands smoothly on the sand! The judges are checking now if this is a legitimate leap, the white flag goes up and he’s done it!” Sunset announced as the arena went wild.

“16.23 metres makes a grand total of 63.78, meaning that the Dragonlands takes the gold for his hoard. Trottingham comes second with 63.28, really close, and Griffonstone takes bronze with 62.35,” Gabby counted the scores up.

“We hope you have enjoyed the triple jump and we hope to see you all again soon at the Equestria Games!” Sunset concluded today’s coverage of the games.

PreviousChapters Next