• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,984 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,984

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 52- Stitching Amends

"After all that trouble with Lyra, I think it's time we have another guest on our show, don't you?" Starlight sighed, which Sunset and the others nodded in agreement, "Please welcome, from all the way from Manehattan, Coco Pommel!" The ponies clapped their hooves at the new guest, who blushed and waved a hoof.

"Oh, it's nothing really. You should thank Rarity for asking me to come on the show. I was happy to tell my tale with all of you," Coco said in her soft voice.

"So let's start at the beginning," Sunset began, "When and why did Rarity hire you?" At that question, Coco sank into her seat with a sigh.

"I was under a mare called Suri Polomare, and let's just say that she wasn't the nicest pony in Manehattan. She used Rarity to get her way at Manehattan's Fashion Week Show, using her generosity to copy Rarity's designs. She believed that it was everypony for themselves in this city in order to make it big. At the time, I believed so too. That was until I how generous Rarity was with her friends," Coco smiled at that.

"What changed?" Trixie asked.

"Suri thought that if Rarity left, the judges will think it was a forfeit and pass the winning title to her. However, seeing friendship in a new light, I told the judges of her intent and gave Rarity the trophy. However, that meant that I was now without a job, but with Rarity's generosity, I found new work under her, sewing for her next clients for a play," Coco continued.

"Sounds like you made up and now have a happy ending, but that wasn't all, isn't it?" Tempest smiled, which Coco nodded.

"I met Rarity again, with Applejack, as they were are on a Friendship Mission in Manehattan. They saw a flyer that I posted about volunteers for the Midsummer Theater Revival," Coco said with enthusiasm, which earned confused looks from the hosts.

"And what is this Midsummer Theater Revival?" Trixie asked with a raised brow.

"The Midsummer Theater Revival was a street play I was part of when I was a filly. It was under the loving care of an old mare called Charity Kindheart. It was something special as it brought the whole community together. However, when Charity moved away, the part of town where the play was held lost it's sense of community spirit. I wanted to the play back to remind everypony how special it was," Coco gave a sad smile when she told her story.

"A street performance?" Sign me up!" Trixie enthusiastically declared, causing Starlight to roll her eyes at her friend.

"It was more of a play than a street festival really," Coco chuckled, causing Trixie huff in annoyance and sink back into her seat.

"Applejack, after trying and failing to fix the local park and green where the original stage was, decided to build a makeshift stage for the performances instead. It turned out to be a big hit, reminding everypony of the community spirit. My part of Manehattan had never been so nicer now, and everypony is doing their thing to keep that spirit going," Coco smiled at that, causing the others to smile as well.

"What has been happening under Rarity's hooves?" Tempest asked.

"Unfortunately, I was off sick when Rarity asked for my help for the grand-opening of Rarity for You, but I heard it was a success, despite some difficulties with her friends organising the whole thing. With Rarity having connections with different celebrities all wanting her designs from all over Equestria, I really have my hooves full. However, looking back on it all, I wouldn't change anything," Coco told with excitement.

"You certainly came a long way, haven't you?" Sunset reflected.

"I learnt more about friendship than years of sewing. I just had to take things one stitch at a time. I made bad mistakes, like a bad design, but I came out stronger. Rarity helped me show there was more out there for a pony like me, and I am now happy with the work I do for many clients and customers," Coco looked back on her journey.

"Well, we are happy that you learnt something with Twilight and her friends," Starlight smiled, "That is all we have time for today, every pony and creature. Hope you will tune in with us again soon."

PreviousChapters Next