• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,984 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,984

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 66- A New Day Dawns

"Good Morning every creature. We are up nice and early to witness a special day in Equestria. We are here, live from Canterlot to witness the Summer Sun Festival,” Starlight explained, “To every creature to doesn’t know what this festival is all about, it is basically a special day in the past, celebrating Celestia defeating Nightmare Moon, banishing her to the moon for a thousand years.”

“Nightmare Moon was actually her sister, Princess Luna,” Tempest continued, “imagine having to send your own sister to the moon, yet still being seen as a hero in the eyes of everypony, doing this special day every year, for one thousand years.”

“And that is something we admire about Celestia,” Sunset answered, “She continued her duty over her own. Even at her lowest, she still pulled back to take care of her subjects’ needs before her own. Truly an inspirational pony in every way.”

“But now, as well as the defeat of Nightmare Moon, it is also celebrated as the reunion of the Royal Sisters,” Trixie finished off, “When Princess Twilight Sparkle found the six Elements of Harmony and cleansed Nightmare Moon from her darkness, transforming her back into the Princess of the Night we all know and love, and reuniting her with Princess Celestia. So today is a double celebration.”

“There are numerous events going on to celebrate the Summer Sun Celebration,” Starlight looked out among the various stalls, “I can see Rarity doing a sewing workshop, Applejack, true to her name, is selling all kinds of sweet apple treats, Rainbow Dash on weather patrol, making sure the skies are clear for the celebration, Pinkie being, well Pinkie, when something like a big festival happens, Fluttershy doing a critter hold and share and Twilight preparing her speech, which we will hear at the start of the ceremony.”

Just then, guards started to sound the trumpets, calling all ponies to start coming to the stage.

“Speaking of the ceremony, looks like we are about to begin,” Tempest noted, “Now is time for Princess Twilight Sparkle to give the opening speech.”

“Welcome, everypony, to the annual Summer Sun Celebration,” Twilight announced, causing ponies to cheer and stomp the ground in applause, “Over a thousand years ago, Princess Celestia defeated Nightmare Moon, banishing her to the moon for one thousand years. On a recent Summer Sun Celebration, we saw the reunion of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. So much has changed, like the rising and setting of the celestial bodies themselves. So without further ado, please welcome to the stage, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.”

Another round of applause was heard across the Royal Gardens.

“A wonderful speech their from Princess Twilight,” Starlight smiled, “Looks like the Royal Sisters are about to emerge to perform this daily ritual.” As she spoke, the Royal Sisters began to emerge, along with another trumpet fanfare from the royal guards from either side of them. The ponies, somehow, managed to cheer louder as the Solar and Lunar Princesses appeared onto the stage.

“Citizens of Equestria,” Princess Celestia announced, “It is no longer a day of burden for me as I look out from this stage. This is a day of mourning turned into a day to rejoice. For so long, I have to walk upon this very stage alone, being the Princess that you want and dreamed from me. Yet, I walk onto this stage alone, with a burden on these wings to remind me of what I had to do on that fateful day.” Beside her, Luna bowed her head in remorse.

“However, this day, recently, have been a day to celebrate. I no longer have to walk onto this stage alone. I am free from my past, as well as for my sister, for this day has taken a whole different meaning to us. No longer is this a day of defeats and loss, but a day of reunion and reconciliation. I am now at peace, knowing that I do not have to walk alone.”

The crowd was moved, tears streaming from their eyes.

“Now,” Princess Luna finished, “May the Summer Sun Celebration begin,” She declared, using the RCV to get her message across.

“And now it’s time for the setting of the moon and the rising of the sun,” Sunset announced to every creature listening.

Princess Luna flew up, wings spread out and magic glowing from her horn. Everypony watched as the moon began it’s journey down. Princess Celestia now took her position, wings spread wide and her magic glowing. The skies began to lighten as the sun began to rise, spreading its light and warmth across the land. Both princesses finished with a flourish, landing gracefully to the stage, wings spread wide. Everypony did one last cheer in applause.

“Happy Summer Sun Celebration every creature,” Sunset concluded, “Thank you for listening! We will be back very soon for more talks and fun. Right now, it’s goodbye from Canterlot.”

Author's Note:

Happy Summer Solstice, Celestia Day and Father's Day, all in one.

PreviousChapters Next