• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,968 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,968

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29- Define Twilighting

"So what makes Twilight, Twilight?" Trixie asked the group. Heads turned to her with confused expressions.

"What do you mean?" Sunset asked with a tilted head.

"You know? What makes Twilight be like herself?" Trixie emphasised. A noise of understanding came round.

"So, like what makes you, Trixie?" Starlight wondered, "Like how you use the third person a lot, do some bodged street tricks that isn't magic, and the only thing you can do that is advanced magic is transfiguration, but only into teacups?" Trixie glared at her friend, causing the others to laugh at her.

"I think Twilight's best at helping all of us when we were the bad guys," Tempest said, "She reached a hoof of friendship and trust when we were lost and needed somepony to show us the right way."

"She did to me when I needed a new friend to work with, and helped me reconnect with my old ones," Starlight sighed in contemplation.

"She forgave Trixie's actions when I was at my worst," Trixie declared.

"And see showed me to seek out friendship and into a different path," Sunset added her part.

"What other things make her who she is?" Trixie wondered.

"Her constant checklists, love of books and consistent timings?" Starlight said, "You don't want to be in the path when she is in her zone. I learnt that the hard way a few times living in the castle with her."

"How bad are her habits?" Tempest asked with interest, seeing how she only knew her from the Friendship Festival she interrupted.

"Really bad," Starlight giggled, "Like, really long that you have to watch where you're going and not be wrapped by it. It's her freak outs that really set her apart. First, her eyes get really twitchy, then it gets worse when her mane becomes frazzled, as Rarity puts it. She starts to hyperventilate and pulls of the freaky faces that is enough to be classed as nightmare stuff that even Princess Luna would have a hard time fending off."

"And when do these freak-outs occur?" Tempest urged continue.

"Whenever she misses something out of her checklist, a test or when she thinks she can't save the whole of Equestria," Starlight listed them off, "You don't want to be on the receiving end of those moments."

"However, when she is out of those moments, she knows how to get the job done," Sunset added on, "She sees what's wrong with something and does everything she can to fix it, friendship or not friendship-based. She sure knows had to do the right spell when needed."

"She sure told the Great and Powerful Trixie what to do when she went up with the Ursa Major. She has a whole list of spells under her belt," Trixie huffed at the memory. Starlight offered a comforting pat on the shoulder.

"She is the Element of Magic and Princess of Friendship for a very good reason," Starlight offered.

"And I'm the Great and Powerful Trixie for a reason," Trixie huffed with crossed forelegs.

"I'm just a traveller, spreading the news of the Storm King's defeat and taking on board her lessons of friendship to me," Tempest reflected.

"In a way we all are passing the good news of friendship to others, and why we're here on this show really," Sunset added.

"I love this quote from something I read from Twilight's library, called The History Stallions. Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me. Not for you. But for somepony, somewhere. We are passing the knowledge of friendship to those who can pass it on to the next creature, and the next and so on."

The others smiled in agreement and looked at each other. Starlight's face brightened.

"If this is another group hug, I'm-"

That's all she managed to say before Starlight used her magic to drag her and the others with her magic to a group up.

"We'll be back after the break," Starlight said, "Be sure to keep spreading friendship wherever you go in life!"

"Trixie will take her revenge for this," Trixie muffled between Tempest and Sunset.

"I'll be looking forward to the day," Starlight chuckled.

Author's Note:

Quote a reference to The History Boys by Alan Bennett :Pass The Parcel

PreviousChapters Next