• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,984 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,984

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 49 (Break) - Mirror Reflection Pt.1

Twilight was enjoying her favourite past time of of sitting on the sofa, reading a book. She was hoping for a smooth peaceful day, with nothing to worry her into a Twilighting state of oblivion. She planned on a fresh start before heading over to the School of Friendship to create a new timetable and announce the new Teacher of the Month. Seriously, competition between Applejack and Rainbow Dash for that title was starting to get fierce, but maybe Fluttershy will quietly take away the title again like usual. Twilight internally chuckled at the thought.

That very train of thought was interrupted when the library door of her castle burst open, banging loudly on the Crystal Wall.

"Spike! What is-" Twilight quickly said, thinking her Number One Assistant came in. However, it was not the purple dragon that came in. There, standing in the hallway, was a manic minty green unicorn. A unicorn who Twilight new, both as a resident of Ponyville and a former old friend at Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.

"Lyra?! What are you doing here? Is Ponyville under attack?" Twilight ran a mental checklist of all the possible scenarios of disasters that could have befallen the peaceful town. Has a creature from Tartarus escaped? Did the Cutie Mark Crusaders do something bad again? Did she put Winter Wrap Up on the wrong month?

"Show me," Lyra said softly. It was calm, but displayed a sense of madness underneath it all. Twilight tilted her head in confusion.

"I'm sorry, but what did you say?" Twilight asked for clarification.

"Show me the mirror!" Lyra pounced on the Princess, "I can't take it anymore, so please let me have this moment. Just this one moment to have the joy of extended appendages!" Lyra begged to the Princess of Friendship, now lying on the floor of her library, dazed and confused.

Was I this bad at the Smarty Pants incident? Twilight asked herself. That thought was interrupted by multiple hooves running to the door. The R.U.G. plus an earth pony, Bonbon, if Twilight remembered correctly, looked at the sight of with mixed expressions on their faces. Tempest had a blank face, though Twilight knows she was thinking deep inside. Starlight groaned before facehoofing. Hard. Trixie was trying very hard to hold back a large laughing fit, causing Twilight to glare at her current position. Sunset had a face of pure horror. Bonbon had an apologetic look on her face.

"I'm so sorry Princess," Bonbon pleaded for an apology, "I don't know what happened. We were having our lunch, and then she just, just, snapped! She complained that having hooves was not an enjoyable way of having a sandwich and then ran to the castle, demanding to see what it would be like with some sort of magic mirror." This caused Sunset and Twilight to flinch at the mention of the magical mirror.

"Please?" Bonbon begged with a pout above Twilight, "Let me have this one moment of joy." Trixie couldn't contain herself, and burst out laughing. Everypony in the room turned to her with unamused looks.

"What?" Trixie asked between fits of laughter, "It's hilarious."

"Moving on from that," Tempest rolled her eyes, "What are we going to do with her?" Tempest pointed a hoof at the sight. Lyra was practically drooling over Twilight, who was starting to get uncomfortable with her wings pinned down against her body. Bonbon gave a pleading look to Sunset next to her, then to Twilight.

"Oh no," Twilight said quickly, "It could affect the stability of interdimensional planes on both sides of mirror. Plus, imagine if Lyra ran into the Lyra on the other side?"

"I don't even want to think about it," Sunset dragged her face with a hoof. It was then Lyra spotted the mirror at the end of the library. confused Twilight and the others looked at the direction of her gaze, only to have their pupils shrink to the size of pinpricks. Faster than any unicorn could use their magic to stop her, Lyra dove head first into the mirror, leaving the others to stare dumbly at the mirror.

"Should we go after her?" Sunset asked Twilight.

"Absolutely not," Twilight quickly replied, "It could cause further instability."

Another pause.

"So do we wait for her whilst she gets this out of her system?" Bonbon turned to the group of unicorns.

"I think it's for the best," Starlight muttered, "I'll get the kettle. It's going to be a long wait."

"I just hope that my girls are alright." It was at that moment when a certain book began to glow and vibrate on one of the shelves. Twilight looked at the book, mentally torn on whether to read what the girls have put into it. Sighing, she levitated the book down to read what was in it.

Hello Twilight and Sunset,

Could you care to explain why a certain girl who looks like Lyra is dancing around, hugging everyone in proximity to her? She disturbed me during my sewing break at the front door of CHS.

Rarity

Twilight looked at the girls who had mixed looks on their faces. She sighed, before the book started glowing again.

Hey Twilight and Sunset,

It was a draw at my football match against Crystal Prep, when some crazy girl came onto the field and scored for the other side. THE OTHER SIDE!

Could you please tell me what's going on?

The awesome and confused Rainbow Dash.

Sunset facehoofed. That was when the book continued to spam them with complaints. Applejack about her design club interrupted when lyra wanted to hammer everything to the floor, Fluttershy in her biology class schedule and Pinkie Pie and her cheerleading squad.

"I feel like eating something to take all this stress away while this blows over," Sunset groaned, "What do you do after a crisis, or in this case, during one that you can't control?"

Twilight smiled.

"Anypony up for hayburgers?"

PreviousChapters Next