• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,982 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,982

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 68- On The Red Carpet Pt.1

“Welcome back to the show, and we are live from Canterlot again, but this time coming from the night that every creature wants to be at,” Starlight welcome every creature, “We are, of course, talking about the Grand Galloping Gala. This is the event that every creature from far and wide across Equestria wants to be at.”

“We have just arrived slightly early than every creature,” Sunset explained, “We have been given special permission from Princess Celestia herself to interview the red carpet walkway leading up to the main ceremonial gathering hall. This is the best way to interview every creature and pony that will be walking down this path to the main event!”

“We are all dressed up for the event,” Tempest continued, “Carousel boutique, as well as Ponyville Day Spa has been packed with ponies who have been given their golden ticket invitation. We just managed to squeeze in a booking for the spa and an extra fitting at Carousel Boutique.”

“And speaking of Princesses,” Trixie readjusted her stylised mane and dress for the occasion, “We are being approached by the princess herself. Good evening Princess Celestia.” The group bowed to the Princess Celestia, who nodded with her ever present warm, radiant smile.

“Thank you once again Princess for allowing us to set up early, as well as having your permission to have interviews here,” Sunset smiled at her former teacher and mentor. Celestia nodded and smiled at the group.

“It was a pleasure, and I thought it would be a marvellous idea,” Celestia answered back, “It would certainly liven the night for every pony and creature tonight!” She let out a giddy ladylike giggle. The others, on the other hand looked at her in confusion.

“But Princess,” Starlight asked uncertainly, “Isn’t the Grand Galloping Gala always lively?”

“Not as you think, Starlight,” Celestia sighed, “Imagine a long line of nobles and celebrities, waiting for your official greeting and reception. Everypony just wants to have a conversation with me, as I am a princess after all. Nonstop talks on their problems with the world, looking down on the simple ponies who are just as important in Equestria.”

“I see how this could be rather bothersome,” Tempest rubbed her chin with a hoof at the picture Celestia was trying to get at.

“Which is why when I got Twilight’s letter on her first invitation, saying how she wanted to invite all her friends apart from just one, I was more than happy have them come. I was hoping they would liven up the night, and they certainly provided some great entertainment,” Celestia told her story. The others, once again looked at her in confusion.

“What do you mean by entertainment?” Tempest asked with an inverted hooves gesture.

“After spending some time with them at a local donut café, I heard what transpired when I arrived with Twilight after greeting the long line of guests. Apparently, my nephew Prince Blueblood, was treating poor Rarity like common dirt. Pinkie Pie, being Pinkie Pie, accidentally landed on Applejack’s cart when she was trying to sell her apple produce, which went flying towards Rarity and Blueblood. Blueblood went as far as using her as a living shield,” Celestia started.
“Rarity wouldn’t have taken that lying down,” Starlight gasped.

“Your thoughts were correct,” Celestia sighed, “Rarity, in revenge, shook frosting off of her to Blueblood, who tripped and knocked down a statue. Rainbow Dash, who wanted to make a good impression on the Wonderbolts, tried to catch it, but lost balance and knocked down the decorative pillars.” The ponies winced as they imagined the damage done.

“Where was Fluttershy in all of this?” Sunset asked.

“That was when I entered with Twilight to see the damage done. Then suddenly, animals burst into the ballroom, Fluttershy with an angry look on her face. She was hoping to bond with them in the gardens, but they kept their distance from her. She got so frustrated that she declared ‘You’re going to love me!’, scaring both the animals and the guests. I urged Twilight and the girls to make a hasty retreat,” Celestia finished her story.

“To think Fluttershy could do that!” Trixie said in awe as the others nodded.

“I also invited Discord to the Gala as well too,” Celestia said nonchalantly, causing the others to turn to her in surprise.

“You invited Discord?” Starlight said incredulously, “The Lord of Chaos to the Gala?”

“As I said, I wanted to liven up the night,” Celestia shrugged as if it was the most usual thing there is, “He invited this creature called the Smooze, which flooded the entire ballroom with ooze, then threatened to send a guest into another dimension, which Fluttershy luckily prevented.”

“How can you be so casual about it?!” Tempest asked in shock.

“Because that’s the Discord we expect him to be,” Celestia stated simple, “Could you imagine how boring it would be if I haven’t invited him? However, everything was back to normal and, as I said on the night, the night is still young.”

Just then the castle’s clocktower began to chime the arrival hour.

“Well, it seems I must take my usual boring position of greeting every creature,” Celestia sighed, “I wish you all the best for tonight and have a wonderful time.”

“Thank you so very much for the opportunity again,” Sunset smiled, “And we will talk to as many ponies as we can! Welcome, everypony and creature, to the Grand Galloping Gala!”

PreviousChapters Next