• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,982 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,982

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 110- Showing The Ropes

“We are back on Sweet Apple Acres for another demonstration with Applejack,” Tempest welcomed their listeners back, “We are going to try our luck with a classic rodeo trick as Applejack prepares to represent Ponyville at Appleloosa’s famous rodeo show. the R.U.G. made their way towards an open area where the orange farmpony was waiting for them. Upon seeing the group she tipped her hat to them.

“Howdy y’all,” Applejack smiled, “And Ah’m glad y’all decided to try your luck at some classic rodeo-style fun! This ain’t like sitting around indoors all the time, so Ah expect you to be jostling and bustling around like working on a farm.”

“Glad to be back on the farm,” Sunset thanked Applejack, “So let’s get our hooves dirty and show us some rodeo classics.” The group nodded eagerly at Applejack.

“That’s the spirit,” Applejack encouraged, “Today I’m going to show to the real art of being a cowpony with a lasso.” She took off her hat and pulled out her trust lasso. The others stepped back as she performed a few twirls on it, jumping through it and giving the rope a twirl in the air like a ballerina. The R.U.G. watched her in awe and fascination. Applejack began explaining the basics whilst still during a few tricks as she talked.

“The trick is rhythm and speed,” She explained, “You need to keep your momentum going and have the accuracy to direct the rope any direction. No magic as this is something us earth ponies are proud to have strength on our side.” She picked up the pace and turned towards a target.

“Then when you have the exact pace going, y’all can give it you all and thrust it forward to catch something.” With that, she flung the lasso and caught a scarecrow with great precision and speed. If it was a real pony, they wouldn’t know what hit them as the rope went that fast. The R.U.G. gave her a round of applause, which Applejack crossed her forelegs in appreciation.

“Thank you kindly,” Applejack smiled in appreciation, “But that’s enough appreciating, let’s get you lot some rope to practice.” The farmpony trotted over to a fence where several ropes hung there. She threw them to the unicorns who caught it with a hoof instead of magic, sticking to the earth pony way. After tying one end in a loop, they let Applejack do the explaining.

“Start of slow with some nice swings from side to side in a circular motion,” Applejack told them, giving her few swings with her lasso. The group took their lasso in a hoof and began to swing it from side to side in easy small circles. Starlight and Tempest smiled as they saw their lassos starting to keep to the rhythm of their swings. Sunset started off slow, but she soon managed to find her momentum and saw that her lasso was starting to take shape. Trixie as the slowest, her lasso going at odd angles. Applejack smiled as she watched the group perform.

“Keep it nice and steady until the circle is fully open, then you have a full lasso that’s working,” Applejack said, though she was wincing slightly at Trixie’s flimsy lasso. The others managed to pick up the speed and Applejack showed them how to skip with it, jumping through the loop. Sunset tripped slightly, but kept her balance and still had the lasso going. Tempest and Starlight managed to jump through for a few more jumps as Applejack set up some scarecrows to act as targets.

“When you’re ready, Ah want you to take a step forward and throw the lasso forward with as much speed as possible.” The group had a determined look on their faces as they took a step forward, eyeing up their target. They threw the rope with all their might, never leaving their eyes off their scarecrows.

Starlight was the first to get the target right on the head, Tempest following with a full body hit. Sunset wanted to keep the speed going before taking a big throw at her scarecrow and managed to get it bang on target. Trixie was a different story. She went way over the target, taking her along with the rope. Unfortunately, a tree branch was right behind it, causing her to get tied up around the branch with her lasso. The group and Applejack laughed their flanks off at her predicament.

“You’re just as tied up as Rainbow during our iron pony competition,” Applejack chuckled.

“The Great and Helpless Trixie needs some assistance,” Trixie wheezed.

“I think we are going to take a break here to help Trixie out,” Sunset giggled, “Thank you for joining us today, and thank you to Applejack for showing us the ropes. We will see you all again next time on the R.U.G! Bye!

PreviousChapters Next