• Published 17th Apr 2021
  • 4,941 Views, 702 Comments

Reformed Unicorn Group Podcast - Quoterific



Four former unicorn villains share some laughs and fun upon reflection about their past

  • ...
16
 702
 4,941

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 86- Twister Season

“It’s a very special time for Ponyville and Cloudsdale today,” Tempest introduced every listener back to the show, “As Ponyville, once again, has been selected to provide water for Cloudsdale.”

“For those who don’t know, every living thing depends on the life-giving nourishment of rainwater, and it is up to Cloudsdale to provide rain-filled clouds to every corner of Equestria. Now some of you creatures, might ask, how does the water go from the ground and up into Cloudsdale?”

“The answer is tornado power,” Sunset continued from where Tempest left off, “A team of pegasi combine their wing power to create a jumbo tornado, powerful enough to pull water out of the local reservoir and funnel it all the way up to Cloudsdale.”

“However, the pegasi must reach the maximum of eight-hundred wing-power to lift that water up to Cloudsdale. Keeping track of how much wing-power is none other than the Princess of Friendship herself, Twilight Sparkle, and her number one assistant Spike, ” Starlight welcomed Twilight to the show.

“Please,” Twilight giggled, “We are all friends here. There’s no need to be so formal.”

“As you wish, Twilight,” Sunset teased, “Now tell us how are you going to measure how much wing power the pegasi of Ponyville are flying when they are creating the twister.” Twilight pointed to the large windmill-like contraption to the side of the reservoir.

“This is an anemometer. It measures your accelerative velocity and translates it into wing power, thus gauging your cumulative H2O anti-gravitational potential. Any other questions?” Twilight said effortlessly without a single need to breathe. This resulted in many blank confused stares from the R.U.G.

“I have a question,” Trixie turned to Spike, “What does it do again?” Spike huffed.

“It tells you how fast you're flying and how strong your wings are,” Spike simply answered. This earned a sound of understanding from the hosts. Twilight, on the other hoof, huffed in annoyance.

“Why can’t ponies appreciate true scientific terminology for once,” She muttered under her breath. This caused Spike to chuckle, earning a slight bump on the head from Twilight.

“Of course, the pegasi need a pony who can command the pegasi what they need to do, and who else than the most awesome leader there is, Rainbow Dash.”

“Awesome is correct,” Rainbow puffed her chest out proudly, “I was in charge of the last tornado for Cloudsdale, and the pegasi have asked for me to lead them again.”

“And Fluttershy, it’s a surprise to see you doing the tornado as well,” Sunset turned to the timid pegasus.

“Yes, I was hesitant to do it the last time, due to my past with bullying and self-doubt. But I learned that my contribution was all that mattered, no matter how small I put in. I beat my record at the lap during this tornado, and I hope to do better this time,” Fluttershy hoped. The others smiled at her confidence boost.
“Well, we all wish you, Rainbow and the rest of the pegasi the best of luck,” Starlight turned to the rest of the pegasi, all wearing goggles and were waiting patiently in a line to begin. Some were flexing their wings and stretching, rearing to get this tornado started.

“Alright everypony,” Tempest announced on a megaphone, “You may begin at the sound of the horn from Spike.” Trixie gave the signal to Spike, who blew into the horn. One by one, a pegasus took the air, circling around the large reservoir of water. As more pegasi joined, they became a blur. Twilight kept track on the anemometer all the time.

“One hundred and fifty wing-power, two-hundred wing-power, three hundred wing-power,” Twilight countered up, following the arrow as it went to each number. By the four-hundred wing-power mark, the R.U.G. were struggling to grip the ground to their hooves. They had to dig deep to find purchase. Trixie’s hat came flying off, much to the magician’s annoyance.

At the five-hundred mark, Sunset was the first to go, rolling back and colliding with a nearby tree. Sunset gripped the tree and microphone in her magic. At the Six-hundred mark, Trixie went, this time crashing into Twilight. Cloak flying in Twilight’s face, she pushed the cloak aside and tried to stay focused on the numbers. It was only Tempest and Starlight who were left standing.

“First one to go buys lunch for us,” Starlight grunted, trying to ground down against the air resistance.

“You’re on,” Tempest similarly struggled for the words to form from her mouth.

“Six-hundred and fifty wing-power, seven-hundred wing-power!” Twilight shouted above the whirling sound of the wind. The R.U.G, Twilight and Spike could just make out the water forcing its way upwards.

“Seven-hundred wing-power, eight-hundred wing-power!” Twilight shouted triumphantly. When the water hit the eight-hundred wing-power mark, it shot out of the twister, arched around and landed outside the weather factory in Cloudsdale. Tempest lost her grip, tumbling backwards and crashing into Sunset at the tree. Spike blew the horn a final time, giving the signal for all the pegasi to depart from the tornado. Every pegasi landed safely, thumping the ground with a hoof in applaud for everypony’s effort. Rainbow Dash landed softly, finishing off in a triumphant pose.

However, there was one pegasi missing. Everypony looking up, they found Fluttershy, still flying in fast circles. Rainbow chuckled, forming a cloud and helping her friend with a soft landing.

“Just like last time,” Rainbow smirked, causing Fluttershy to blush slightly.

“Well, it looks like I’m getting lunch after that display,” Tempest groggily got on her hooves, “A big congratulations to every pegasi involved, no matter how big or small your contribution was. That’s all we have time for today on the R.U.G. Hope to see you all again soon!”

PreviousChapters Next